Flowmaster force II - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-22-2013, 07:09 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
It's not the rain getting water into your mufflers, it's built up condensation; warm exhaust that cools overnight that creates the moisture/water in the exhaust.
True. Exactly. It was the moisture that was being created from inside the exhaust. It would actually pool in the tips because they were rolled up at bottom and had no where for water to drain out. The water would get sucked back into the mufflers when letting off the accelerator thus causing that ricer , crackle sound.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-22-2013, 08:02 AM   #37
Admin

Supporter
Admin
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake Mary
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,822
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
True. Exactly. It was the moisture that was being created from inside the exhaust. It would actually pool in the tips because they were rolled up at bottom and had no where for water to drain out. The water would get sucked back into the mufflers when letting off the accelerator thus causing that ricer , crackle sound.
Yikes! Can't have that on our Mustangs now can we?

Seems the fix is what others have mentioned; drill a small hole in front of the lip at the bottom of the tips to allow drainage. Start with a 1/8th bit pilot hole, then go to a 1/4 bit. That should be large enough.
__________________
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:03 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Yikes! Can't have that on our Mustangs now can we?

Seems the fix is what others have mentioned; drill a small hole in front of the lip at the bottom of the tips to allow drainage. Start with a 1/8th bit pilot hole, then go to a 1/4 bit. That should be large enough.
Lmao.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-22-2013, 08:07 AM   #39
Admin

Supporter
Admin
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake Mary
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,822
My son (I love that kid) installed his second exhaust on his 2004 Subaru WRX STi. Great car, except for that "Choc-full-o-nuts" coffee can chrome exhaust muffler and tip hanging out the back.

Wife and I can hear him entering the neighborhood when he comes to visit!
__________________
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:19 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
pwrby4d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 1,020
The tips.have a hole at the bottom on the outside off mine but not the inside.. weird.. the whole was probably drilled for when they welded them to let heat and gasses out.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:21 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrby4d View Post
The tips.have a hole at the bottom on the outside off mine but not the inside.. weird.. the whole was probably drilled for when they welded them to let heat and gasses out.
Same as mine did buddy. It had a hole in the inside but not all the was through.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:06 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
pwrby4d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 1,020
I will drill it out and make them work. Still stupid that they dont come that way. I had 'flows on a Fox 5.0 and I loved those too. I agree that they just make a great sounding exhaust for all Mustangs, not just the current 3.7 powered cars. Not perfect, but no system is.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:49 AM   #43
Admin

Supporter
Admin
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake Mary
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,822
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrby4d View Post
I will drill it out and make them work. Still stupid that they dont come that way. I had 'flows on a Fox 5.0 and I loved those too. I agree that they just make a great sounding exhaust for all Mustangs, not just the current 3.7 powered cars. Not perfect, but no system is.
Sound "perfection" will always be the opinion of the owner that has the exhaust installed. Opinions are like the holes we have on our backsides; everyone has one.
__________________
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:18 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
pwrby4d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 1,020
Ya lol. tons of good options out there for these cars. All of them I like more in person than a video and really it depends on just how loud do you want to go.

So... I like the sound so much with the tips off I Just replaced them with single wall ones from Pep Boys. It sounds so much deeper with these tips. It doesnt pop and cracke nearly as much anymore and is louder too. All around much better. I would have never thought that it would have made that much of a difference. I will be selling the ones the kit came with for sure. Thanks for the advice guys. I was happy before but now Im really super stoked. I will make a video for comparison with my other videos on the Force II as well.

The new tips are near flush and angled right with the back bumper cover exhaust cut outs. It looks bad ***!
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:39 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrby4d View Post
Ya lol. tons of good options out there for these cars. All of them I like more in person than a video and really it depends on just how loud do you want to go.

So... I like the sound so much with the tips off I Just replaced them with single wall ones from Pep Boys. It sounds so much deeper with these tips. It doesnt pop and cracke nearly as much anymore and is louder too. All around much better. I would have never thought that it would have made that much of a difference. I will be selling the ones the kit came with for sure. Thanks for the advice guys. I was happy before but now Im really super stoked. I will make a video for comparison with my other videos on the Force II as well.

The new tips are near flush and angled right with the back bumper cover exhaust cut outs. It looks bad ***!
I told ya. Not to toot my own horn. Lol.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:42 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
pwrby4d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 1,020
Ya u did! THANKS 2011 KB!
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:01 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrby4d View Post
Ya u did! THANKS 2011 KB!
Lmao. Charlie not the only one here that's super cool and have mad skills. Ba ha ha ha ha.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:02 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular
 
pwrby4d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 1,020
heh heh hah hehe hahh!
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:28 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Lmao. Charlie not the only one here that's super cool and have mad skills. Ba ha ha ha ha.
But I am the only one here who has two 2012 mustangs hahahaha but good job sir im stepping down as the exhaust king LOL u can take over now Kona
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:02 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular
 
13 stang22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: fort worth
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

But I am the only one here who has two 2012 mustangs hahahaha but good job sir im stepping down as the exhaust king LOL u can take over now Kona
dude I would love to race you sometime! lol against your new 5.0
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 04:43 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 stang22 View Post

dude I would love to race you sometime! lol against your new 5.0
R u sure I got a secret weapon up my sleeve that will rape ur 500hp 3.7 )

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

R u sure I got a secret weapon up my sleeve that will rape ur 500hp 3.7 )
But all motor u would beat me hahahaha but god damn 500 is a good number
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:57 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular
 
pwrby4d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 1,020
Quick Videos

Much more bass. It makes the camera mic fart much more than before.

On the street drive by




In parking lot



And for comparison, Before.

pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:50 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular
 
13 stang22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: fort worth
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

R u sure I got a secret weapon up my sleeve that will rape ur 500hp 3.7 )

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------



But all motor u would beat me hahahaha but god damn 500 is a good number
tbh I dot care if I win. I love racing. lol.
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:33 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 stang22 View Post

tbh I dot care if I win. I love racing. lol.
Good cuz Im spraying hahaha and yea I raced a R8 last week and it was fun. I got him at the beginning then he took me haha ima race a R8 V10 this weekend my buddy works for audi
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:48 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular
 
RobbyD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: White hall
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 49
Anyone have a part number for the tips they liked? It really does change the sound with the tips off
RobbyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:00 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular
 
pwrby4d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 1,020
I just went to pep boys and found a set I liked. I needed to use a pipe expander to stretch them a tiny bit so they would slide on and are very snug. I like the single wall slash cut tips so I went with those. I can take a pic if you want to see them and I can grab the part number off the receipt if you want. They needed some work to get them on so they were not a direct replacement and that might be what you want. LMK.

If anyone wants my stock ones and wants to drill them out PM me and we can work it out.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:08 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular
 
RobbyD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: White hall
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 49
I would love a pic and part number. If its not too much trouble
RobbyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:27 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular
 
13 stang22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: fort worth
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

Good cuz Im spraying hahaha and yea I raced a R8 last week and it was fun. I got him at the beginning then he took me haha ima race a R8 V10 this weekend my buddy works for audi
well s***. looks like I'm gonna have to spray at least 1000 shot. lmao
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:47 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular
 
pwrby4d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 1,020
I will get a part number when I get home.



Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130724_094606.png
Views:	101
Size:	300.9 KB
ID:	120265



Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130724_094606.png
Views:	101
Size:	300.9 KB
ID:	120265
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130724_094648.png
Views:	68
Size:	248.5 KB
ID:	120266  
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:59 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular
 
pwrby4d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 1,020
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130724_095820.png
Views:	75
Size:	257.0 KB
ID:	120267



Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130724_095849.png
Views:	93
Size:	273.9 KB
ID:	120268
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:17 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 stang22 View Post

well s***. looks like I'm gonna have to spray at least 1000 shot. lmao
I bought the zex kit for the 3.7L and I was like **** that my car with colder plugs and coil packs can take 150 shots all motor no any other special stuff so yea....thats my trick. Ima race the V10 R8 with 150 shots ima win I hope
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:38 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular
 
13 stang22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: fort worth
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

I bought the zex kit for the 3.7L and I was like **** that my car with colder plugs and coil packs can take 150 shots all motor no any other special stuff so yea....thats my trick. Ima race the V10 R8 with 150 shots ima win I hope
damn I'm looking forward to that outcome. when you gonna race him?
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:41 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 stang22 View Post
damn I'm looking forward to that outcome. when you gonna race him?
Either friday or Saturday at the track.... lol
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:01 PM   #64
Registered User
Newbie
 
Daltonb93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Camp Pendleton
Region: California
Posts: 2
If you want a deeper more manlier sound than the flow master, I would completely replace it with a Borla ATAK. The sound is far better.
Daltonb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:47 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular
 
13 stang22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: fort worth
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daltonb93 View Post
If you want a deeper more manlier sound than the flow master, I would completely replace it with a Borla ATAK. The sound is far better.
^hell yeah
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:15 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular
 
pwrby4d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 1,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daltonb93 View Post
If you want a deeper more manlier sound than the flow master, I would completely replace it with a Borla ATAK. The sound is far better.
I had the borla on and traded for the flowmaster and cash. I liked the deep tone of the borla (which changing the tips out has now achieved) but hated the drone from it and pitchy import sound at wot and startup. Every muffler for these cars including deletes (had the magnaflows too) have their pluses and minuses. None make it sound like a 5.0 and I think these are a good balance. Personally I think if u have the cash go Bassani.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:44 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular
 
13 stang22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: fort worth
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,006
I got LTs catted x pipe Borla atak and 22 in resonators. everyone says it sounds like v8.
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:56 PM   #68
Admin

Supporter
Admin
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake Mary
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post
Either friday or Saturday at the track.... lol
Keep mentioning "at the track"....lol
__________________
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:32 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 stang22 View Post
I got LTs catted x pipe Borla atak and 22 in resonators. everyone says it sounds like v8.
-the atak's & +pype bombs!
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:43 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Keep mentioning "at the track"....lol
Ive learned how to speak on here hahaha
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



06:44 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.