2014 Performance Pack? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-26-2013, 07:56 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocknCali

that's just dealer bull**** to try and get you to buy a model they have on the lot so they can make more money
Yup, exactly what I was thinking.
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2013, 09:12 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Thanks guys I will try another dealership to upgrade my gears. I will let you know what they say. Thanks
Shockesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 02:19 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I don't think the 2k is a bad price if you want the 19 inch tires and like the wheels they come with. The 3:31 gears wouldn't work for me, heck no. Those 3:31 gears would of been ripped out. Lol. One can buy a Strut Tower Brace for under 150 dollars if they want some better handling. Overall, I would say the 2k is worth the PP if you desire a better handling ride than the base model. For the commuters that get on the highway, go to work set your cruise control and drive straight, I doubt you will see any difference in having the performance package. Unless your track racing or drive on roads that are high twists and turns on a regular basis, save the 2k. Spend under150 dollars on strut tower brace, 600 on 3:73 gears and call it a day.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2013, 03:14 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
I don't think the 2k is a bad price if you want the 19 inch tires and like the wheels they come with. The 3:31 gears wouldn't work for me, heck no. Those 3:31 gears would of been ripped out. Lol. One can buy a Strut Tower Brace for under 150 dollars if they want some better handling. Overall, I would say the 2k is worth the PP if you desire a better handling ride than the base model. For the commuters that get on the highway, go to work set your cruise control and drive straight, I doubt you will see any difference in having the performance package. Unless your track racing or drive on roads that are high twists and turns on a regular basis, save the 2k. Spend under150 dollars on strut tower brace, 600 on 3:73 gears and call it a day.
IMO the 3.31 is the perfect gearing for the 3.7. It was one of the main reasons I wanted the PP. I first test drove a 2.73 manual and then the PP. I was instantly sold on the PP. The perf package felt like it had an extra 50 hp
Old 07-27-2013, 03:26 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedStang View Post

IMO the 3.31 is the perfect gearing for the 3.7. It was one of the main reasons I wanted the PP. I first test drove a 2.73 manual and then the PP. I was instantly sold on the PP. The perf package felt like it had an extra 50 hp
I feel ya on the extra 50 HP. My 3:73 gears feels like an extra 100 HP on my 3.7 when I swapped out the 2:73 gears so I hear you on that.

I think it depends on what one is looking for and the region they live in for the road conditions. I personally would take the 2k instead of buying the PP and put it towards straight line performance mods instead of handling mods. I would rather put the 2k into 3:73 gears, performance tuner, cai, headers , off road or catted x pipe, one piece aluminum driveshaft, etc.

The chrome wheels on the performance package are nice but I'm not sure from a traction stand point , the 19 inch tires will be that much better than the 17 inch tires. After all they ain't drag radial tires, there standard street tires. I'm not sure one will even feel any noticeable difference in traction having the factory 19 inch street tires over the factory 17 inch street tires. Now handling wise, I would imagine wider the tire the better it handle curves and twists. So again handling , but straight line acceleration, I doubt it.)
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang