Diablosport intune tune - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-22-2013, 12:06 AM   #1

Region: Florida
Thumbs up Diablosport intune tune

Hi everyone i bought the intune from diablosport for my mustang 2011 3.7 ..
right know my mustang have bbk headers off road x pipe and airaid intake and i dont have the bama free tunes so i was wondering if someone can help me sharing some tune with thats specs
thanks a lot
emars1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2013, 05:53 AM   #2
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by emars1992 View Post
Hi everyone i bought the intune from diablosport for my mustang 2011 3.7 ..
right know my mustang have bbk headers off road x pipe and airaid intake and i dont have the bama free tunes so i was wondering if someone can help me sharing some tune with thats specs
thanks a lot
Not sure I understand what your asking....

And welcome aboard. Glad to have you as a member here!
Old 07-22-2013, 07:51 AM   #3
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Hey Bucko

I think the OP is asking if there is a way to transfer their tune on his tuner. I really don't think it is possible.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2013, 07:57 AM   #4
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Ah, thanks for the interpetation Ronnie...my thinking cap is not on tight enough I'll guess this morning.

If that's what he's refering to, then your correct, tunes cannot be shared from one tuner to another. The same tuner can be used (most bama tuners) on up to 5 cars before it would have to be unlocked and reused to a sixth vehicle.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:56 AM   #5

So when i received a custom tune i cannot share with other people ? For example i have a custom tune for the airaid intake if other people need that tune and i share the tune with them .. that tune isnt going to work in their cars ??

Sorry if you dont understand me the las post my english is not to good
Thanks for the help
emars1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:01 PM   #6
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Your English is fine

The thing is, When you buy a tuner ( Anyone of them) and install the tune onto your car. It is then only good on that car. If you want to use the tuner on a different car you will not be able to do it.

Also, You can not put any tune into the tuner from someone other then the original place where you bought your tuner.

If you bought your tuner from American Muscle you can call them and get your tuner re-done for your car with the new mod's on it.

I hopes this clears things up for you.

Ronnie
Old 07-22-2013, 12:32 PM   #7
Admin

Supporter
Admin

I just purchased a used tuner (SCT bama, model 3015), and have ordered a custom tune from MPT. They required me to fill out a form, which asked me particulars about my Mustangs options (tire size, rear end ratio, any other mods, transmission type, street or performance, octane I would use, etc). They also wanted the serial number of the tuner; this is so the tune they send me can only be added onto my tuner, and no one elses. Otherwise, one tune could be bought and distributed all over the internet without having to pay for it.

The tuner I have had 5 vehicle "locks" and "unlocks" on it (previous owner unlocked it from his VIN. As soon as I flash the tune to my Mustang, it will have only 3 locks/unlocks left; mine becomes the second vehicle out of its 5 total before it would need a reset from SCT ($150.00 charge to do this).

In short, the tuner came with tunes already on it, but I wanted a custom tune. I could have used the tunes that were on it that came from bama when it was sold (it supports other Ford models other than a Mustang). I can remove the current custom tune from my Mustang and use another custom tune that I buy and download to the tuner, and re-flash the other custom tune at any time; I might want to do this if I were to have the Mustang fixed by a dealer, and they were to flash my PCM/ECU with a factory required update (even though a dealer can tell if the vehicles PCM/ECU was flashed; can't hide that anymore). I'd want to put the custom tune back in after this repair from the dealer was done.

Perhaps other tuners are different; they can only be "married" to one vehicle prior to having to be unlocked.

If I were to send you my tuner (don't ask!), I would have to unlock it from my VIN, you'd "lock" it to your Mustang, install a tune, but if you did not "unlock" it from your vehicle, I'd never be able to use it on my Mustang until you did, meaning you'd "unlock" it from your vehicle, and it would then put the stock tune back to your Mustang during the unlock. These tuner manufacturers are smart. They are in the business to make money. Otherwise, one tuner gets sold, one set of custom tunes gets installed to it, and everyone would share it. Doesn't work that way!

And the tuner would then loose two more of its total lock/unlock capabilities.

So, if you buy a used tuner, ask two questions: is the tuner unlocked, and how many lock/unlock counts does it still have left?
Old 07-22-2013, 04:04 PM   #8
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I once had a Hypertech-Still have it

The Hypertech is locked on to the original vehicle. I had it on my 98 Corvette and now if I want to sell it I would have to send it in to Hypertech and pay $150.00 to get it unlocked. It would still only work on a 98 Corvette.

That was a few years ago but I'm guessing things ain't really changed much such as not being able to share tuner programs. You can't blame the tuner company's to try to protect their business.

It is nice that they do give you five unlocks so at least you can sell the physical tuner or use it on your new car if you trade in.

Ronnie
Old 07-22-2013, 04:11 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
This morning while I was at a mustang shop talking gear install he was showing me a tuner (new not used) that he said is unlocked that comes with the standard 3 tunes, 87,91,and 94. It was 399$. I wasn't even thinking about asking what make it was but it was black and looked like the one AM sold. I'll still go with AM because of the free tunes for life program!!!
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:30 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I think he means for us to share a TUNE not a tuner!! Like the actual tune file that bama emails to us!!
OP..I don't think it's safe to share tune because they're made specifically for your car & tuner!! If u already have the tuner just buy into bama's free tunes for life program for $150 or u can buy another company..I think MPT tunes go for $75.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:50 AM   #11
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
emars1992,

Bucko's information in post #7 is 100% correct. However, if you have any additional questions please feel free to PM me directly. I'd be happy to assist you anyway possible!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:10 AM   #12
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
I think he means for us to share a TUNE not a tuner!! Like the actual tune file that bama emails to us!!
OP..I don't think it's safe to share tune because they're made specifically for your car & tuner!! If u already have the tuner just buy into bama's free tunes for life program for $150 or u can buy another company..I think MPT tunes go for $75.
Yes, MPT sells their tunes for $75 a tune (the ghost cam tune is $125) plus they give you 6 months of free revisions and data logging. I just ordered my ghost cam tune Friday from them, so I've been doing my homework.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:16 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida3.7L View Post

Yes, MPT sells their tunes for $75 a tune (the ghost cam tune is $125) plus they give you 6 months of free revisions and data logging. I just ordered my ghost cam tune Friday from them, so I've been doing my homework.
There u go OP. I wouldn't risk my car to save $75.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang