Will this just be too loud for a dd - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-24-2013, 05:31 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,258
Will this just be too loud for a dd

I'm debating on which exhaust set up to go, shorties with catted x for sound with minimal HP gains, or balls out LT's with off road x for more power gains. I really want to go the Lt way but I'm afraid of being way to loud. Oh ya I have Roush Axel backs. : ) Any vids with either set up or opinions?
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-24-2013, 05:36 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
BlackedStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13
I'm debating on which exhaust set up to go, shorties with catted x for sound with minimal HP gains, or balls out LT's with off road x for more power gains. I really want to go the Lt way but I'm afraid of being way to loud. Oh ya I have Roush Axel backs. : ) Any vids with either set up or opinions?
IMO, the shorties sound great on the 3.7 and the LT sound horrible. With resonators on the LT though they do sound a bit better. But with Roush exhaust + LT it may get annoying considering it's a DD. If it were my decision, I'd go with the shorties. You may not get as much HP though as the LTs.
__________________
2012 V6 Performance Package
BlackedStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:34 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
As long as u weld ok resonators/glasspacks with the LT header it'll sound good!!! I just put the LT headers with the pype bombs & before the glasspacks it was super annoying loud after 2.5k but now with the glasspacks it sound beautiful it's a nice deep growl all the way through! I think Charlie had the LT roush set up for a while let me see if u can get the video link.
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-24-2013, 06:40 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
http://youtu.be/oGY6dOts4G0


Here's the link.
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:42 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
As long as u weld ok resonators/glasspacks with the LT header it'll sound good!!! I just put the LT headers with the pype bombs & before the glasspacks it was super annoying loud after 2.5k but now with the glasspacks it sound beautiful it's a nice deep growl all the way through! I think Charlie had the LT roush set up for a while let me see if u can get the video link.
Cool thx!
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:49 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post

Cool thx!
NP!
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:33 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Joliet
Region: Illinois
Posts: 66
I recommend going with an H-Pipe instead of an X-Pipe. I went with an X-Pipe and it is raspy as hell!!! My buddy has an H-Pipe and his sounds more meaty. Save yourself the headache and stick with catted tubes, h-pipe and shorties.
Nyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:38 AM   #8
Admin

Supporter
Admin
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake Mary
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,822
You need louder than Roush axle backs??? They're basically straight tubes with a round box welded on, for looks. No difference.

For the twenty minutes I had my set of Roush installed, I could not take the loudness. As an experiment, I removed them and started the car without any exhaust. There was no difference in sound! So, you could save a few bucks and remove the stock axle backs, have a muffler shop install a tube to the back and weld on some nice tips. Same sound as the Roush!
__________________
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:57 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Taylorations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 333
I regret getting my Pypes. They're fine if you have the windows down and the radio blasting, and they sound great WOT, but cruising uphill with passengers, it's so loud and obnoxious and everyone complains, including me.

I'm about to get shorties with an H-pipe and Borla touring.
Taylorations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:52 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
BlackedStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorations
I regret getting my Pypes. They're fine if you have the windows down and the radio blasting, and they sound great WOT, but cruising uphill with passengers, it's so loud and obnoxious and everyone complains, including me.

I'm about to get shorties with an H-pipe and Borla touring.
Borla FTW

Best sounding exhaust for the 3.7 imo
__________________
2012 V6 Performance Package
BlackedStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:08 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
SouthernCyclone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Schnars
Region: Alabama
Posts: 290
Minimal gains with shortys? Apparently you haven't seen the thread on AFM along with the independent dyno results of someone who installed and dyno'd them. More wtq throughout the powerband, if I remember right peaking at 40 wtq @ 3k rpms. I also think he gained 15 hp with them.
You'd have to go read the thread as I'm going off memory. But it changed my mind on getting LTH's. Plus I bought BBK ceramic coated shortys and BBK full length OR X pipe for $534 shipped new. Thats less then BBK LTH by themselves.
SouthernCyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:10 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedStang View Post

IMO, the shorties sound great on the 3.7 and the LT sound horrible. With resonators on the LT though they do sound a bit better. But with Roush exhaust + LT it may get annoying considering it's a DD. If it were my decision, I'd go with the shorties. You may not get as much HP though as the LTs.
I have no idea what shorties sound like in person. I have the ceramic long tube headers , off road x pipe along with two resonators welded on. I love the sound of my exhaust and its music to my ears. Lol.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:22 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
I'm debating on which exhaust set up to go, shorties with catted x for sound with minimal HP gains, or balls out LT's with off road x for more power gains. I really want to go the Lt way but I'm afraid of being way to loud. Oh ya I have Roush Axel backs. : ) Any vids with either set up or opinions?
I had Roush and LT, its not fun hahaha too loud and raspy. Get those LT and get GT500 Mufflers and 18' Resonators aka Glasspacks. It will sound amazing bro
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:30 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Taylorations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCyclone View Post
Minimal gains with shortys? Apparently you haven't seen the thread on AFM along with the independent dyno results of someone who installed and dyno'd them. More wtq throughout the powerband, if I remember right peaking at 40 wtq @ 3k rpms. I also think he gained 15 hp with them.
You'd have to go read the thread as I'm going off memory. But it changed my mind on getting LTH's. Plus I bought BBK ceramic coated shortys and BBK full length OR X pipe for $534 shipped new. Thats less then BBK LTH by themselves.
I saw that thread, and the gains were actually really significant. And they sound a lot better, AND they look better. AND they're cheaper.
Taylorations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:40 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
BlackedStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorations

I saw that thread, and the gains were actually really significant. And they sound a lot better, AND they look better. AND they're cheaper.
+1

They sound 10 times better than the LTs and they ' re cheaper. Its a win win
__________________
2012 V6 Performance Package
BlackedStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:18 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedStang View Post

+1

They sound 10 times better than the LTs and they ' re cheaper. Its a win win
Well, winner winner chicken dinner
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:04 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
BlackedStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue

Well, winner winner chicken dinner
Lol
__________________
2012 V6 Performance Package
BlackedStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:42 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCyclone View Post
Minimal gains with shortys? Apparently you haven't seen the thread on AFM along with the independent dyno results of someone who installed and dyno'd them. More wtq throughout the powerband, if I remember right peaking at 40 wtq @ 3k rpms. I also think he gained 15 hp with them.
You'd have to go read the thread as I'm going off memory. But it changed my mind on getting LTH's. Plus I bought BBK ceramic coated shortys and BBK full length OR X pipe for $534 shipped new. Thats less then BBK LTH by themselves.
Link or it didn't happen!
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:31 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
SouthernCyclone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Schnars
Region: Alabama
Posts: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
Link or it didn't happen!
Bought both at AutoAnything
BBK ceramic shorty headers $322.00 after 15% discount code
BBK long x pipe w/o cats $212.00 after 15% discount code
Free shipping on both; $534.00 total

No AMR won't price match the BBK ceramic shorty headers and I didn't check on the BBK long X pipe.
SouthernCyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:36 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCyclone View Post

Bought both at AutoAnything
BBK ceramic shorty headers $322.00 after 15% discount code
BBK long x pipe w/o cats $212.00 after 15% discount code
Free shipping on both; $534.00 total

No AMR won't price match the BBK ceramic shorty headers and I didn't check on the BBK long X pipe.
I was talking about the dyno!
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



01:17 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.