So happy so very SAD - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-25-2013, 06:10 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
So happy so very SAD

Got the forgestars on Thursday night with the caliper covers. They look great.

FYI : forgestar does not powder coat the lug area entirely.

Well upon driving home from work an a-hole pulls out in front of me. I slam on the brakes go sideways and pop a curb. It was better than hitting them and then getting creamed by the car behind me. No body damage. The 3m tape came loose on my chin spoiler but no damage. It's just the wheel itself.

So I get to spend tomorrow with the insurance company and hope that someway somehow maybe I won't have to pay out if pocket. It's a property damage claim so I'm not sure now.

I was so mad and still am. Now we have a house party with some friends and I'm the host. Maybe the wife is bringing me home some beer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2751228482.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	841.5 KB
ID:	120507   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4092310788.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	989.5 KB
ID:	120508  

JAC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2013, 06:33 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
You're okay and the body is good to go.

Best of luck on the insurance claim.
Six7One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:44 PM   #3
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Wow I'm really sorry to hear this! The insurance company should be able to take care of you though. It just may take some time, unfortunately.

Best of luck!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2013, 07:56 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
That sucks. I hope it all works out. Glad u r ok and it wasnt any worse. Demand she goes out and gets you beer!!! (j/k) You need it!
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:56 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Your not hurt and the car can be fixed. Thank the Great Mustang God and Be Happy!
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:00 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAC20 View Post

Well upon driving home from work an a-hole pulls out in front of me. I slam on the brakes go sideways and pop a curb. It was better than hitting them and then getting creamed by the car behind me. No body damage. The 3m tape came loose on my chin spoiler but no damage. It's just the wheel itself.

So I get to spend tomorrow with the insurance company and hope that someway somehow maybe I won't have to pay out if pocket. It's a property damage claim so I'm not sure now.

I was so mad and still am. Now we have a house party with some friends and I'm the host. Maybe the wife is bringing me home some beer.
Im sorry to hear that bro, i really dont like how forge star didnt finish the black inside the lug holes even tho it probably would get damaged from taking off for tires in there leaving it like that just looks unfinished and low amount of thought and time on paint quality.. But they do make good wheels as a whole
99mustang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:26 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks guys. I was bummed on the finish and they look sick in the car but they weigh less than my stock wheels and look great.

I will post on here after I find out what my insurance says. I filed a police report cause if they file it as collision since the other jerk fled the scene that cuts my deductible in half. Which means it will be 1/2 the cost if a new wheel and a mount and balance.

I thanked the mustang gods after I cooled off. As soon as I knew it wasn't bad I got off the curb and it was ether pull over and call the cops or race after the bum who left.

Hopefully my being a good person will come back to me.

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrby4d View Post
That sucks. I hope it all works out. Glad u r ok and it wasnt any worse. Demand she goes out and gets you beer!!! (j/k) You need it!
She brought beer. But her and her coworkers are working a 3rd tomorrow and are loud and I have to be up in under 6 hours.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:33 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Thanks guys. I was bummed on the finish and they look sick in the car but they weigh less than my stock wheels and look great.

I will post on here after I find out what my insurance says. I filed a police report cause if they file it as collision since the other jerk fled the scene that cuts my deductible in half. Which means it will be 1/2 the cost if a new wheel and a mount and balance.

I thanked the mustang gods after I cooled off. As soon as I knew it wasn't bad I got off the curb and it was ether pull over and call the cops or race after the bum who left.

Hopefully my being a good person will come back to me.

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 AM ----------

She brought beer. But her and her coworkers are working a 3rd tomorrow and are loud and I have to be up in under 6 hours.
Well i was in my old v6 ( that i just lowered ) and had a 16 year old girl side swipe me into a curb cause i had to jerk my car to the left but she still got my side too cause she was to busy playing with her bf and then tried to speed off but i caught up to her and got her info, i was so mad i was shaking and bout ready to punch he bf if he wouldn't stop lying to the cop..
99mustang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:33 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:

another forgestar owner
i love the wheels!
congrats on the new ones, and i'm sorry to hear you got hit.
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:38 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post

another forgestar owner
i love the wheels!
congrats on the new ones, and i'm sorry to hear you got hit.
Were your wheels not coated all the way in the lug area? You can tell in mine in the damage pic.

It seems the changed the way they do the wheels very recently.

I still love them but man I wanted to show them over the weekend and now it's like what's the point?
Old 07-26-2013, 11:18 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
I would be ticked on both accounts.
Six7One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:36 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:

Were your wheels not coated all the way in the lug area? You can tell in mine in the damage pic.

It seems the changed the way they do the wheels very recently.

I still love them but man I wanted to show them over the weekend and now it's like what's the point?
I understand
Less than a week after I got my forgestars, I ended up driving on a road that was under construction.
A giant rock came and bashed one of my wheels.
I touched up the area with a little paint, and it looks good now. Until you look at the tire :p
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:51 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Well since I didn't plow through the idiot I have to pay the full deductible.

I'm going to have a shop look at refinishing the wheel and get the insurance repair quote.

May have them check the exhaust for leaks and get a new chin spoiler since it tanked some of the tape loose. If they will fix all of that then I may pay out the $500

If not maybe the other place can fix it for a few bones.

All in all this still sucks.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang