P219B - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-26-2013, 08:59 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
P219B

Google pulls up very little on this and this forum and AFM have a few posts and it seems that the AFR ratio is running lean is what the code means. I guess that can make sense since I have long tunes etc.

The 93h ran great for about 6 months then all if a sudden this code pops up. I cleared it after researching and within 30 miles it went up again.

Had to go to the dealer and flashed backed to stock and left it stock since I have to go back again for them to fix the dumb electric start that came with the car.

It has came on 2x in 300 miles on the stock tune so not as frequent which makes me think or is the AFR or possibly a small exhaust leak ?

Ryan at bama thinks the code could mean an exhaust leak but all the threads online had the afr as the cause and one case had bad o2 sensors. I will datalog after I go back to the tune after im done with the dealer. I then want to see if it pops up on the different tunes. If it doesn't then maybe it was just running lean on the stock and maybe something funky in the old tune?

There no loss if power or anything. I checked and found nothing loose underneath and I would hate to have to pay $100 to check for an exhaust leak and that doesn't include fixing the leak of one is found.

Anyone else have this code pop up!

Thoughts and suggestions?
JAC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2013, 12:29 PM   #2
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAC20 View Post
Google pulls up very little on this and this forum and AFM have a few posts and it seems that the AFR ratio is running lean is what the code means. I guess that can make sense since I have long tunes etc.

The 93h ran great for about 6 months then all if a sudden this code pops up. I cleared it after researching and within 30 miles it went up again.

Had to go to the dealer and flashed backed to stock and left it stock since I have to go back again for them to fix the dumb electric start that came with the car.

It has came on 2x in 300 miles on the stock tune so not as frequent which makes me think or is the AFR or possibly a small exhaust leak ?

Ryan at bama thinks the code could mean an exhaust leak but all the threads online had the afr as the cause and one case had bad o2 sensors. I will datalog after I go back to the tune after im done with the dealer. I then want to see if it pops up on the different tunes. If it doesn't then maybe it was just running lean on the stock and maybe something funky in the old tune?

There no loss if power or anything. I checked and found nothing loose underneath and I would hate to have to pay $100 to check for an exhaust leak and that doesn't include fixing the leak of one is found.

Anyone else have this code pop up!

Thoughts and suggestions?
In our experience with this code we've usually seen something related to the exhaust. A small exhaust leak, bad o2 sensor etc.. I wish I could be more help to you!

I recommend just keeping in touch with Ryan at Bama and we will help you troubleshoot with whatever issues you're having!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:18 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

For the tune to have ran good for so long, i think it 'might' be and exhaust leak somewhere. I would make sure everything is nice and tight
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2013, 07:16 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Just checked it out. Code brings up nothing really. No leaks and everything was tight. O2 sensors were good. And in the way back to get my quote on insurance the light went off. Best the shop and I could come up with is it is just running lean or the sensors just bug out from being moved with the extenders.

On another note I got a wack code on the itsx that bama didn't know. Seems that I can't load the latest revisions. Ryan is going to redo them and I'll see if this one loads.

But the old 93h loaded fine. So ill see if it does it again. Ill get the new tune loaded and then try it and if it does the code ill datalog.

This has been a terrible week for my car.
JAC20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang