2011 v6 problem - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-26-2013, 02:24 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
2011 v6 problem

Anyone else's air we t out? How normal is that for a 2 year old car
Cblowe13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2013, 02:27 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Our what??!?!!
Old 07-26-2013, 02:38 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneBad3.7
Our what??!?!!
Air conditioner went out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2013, 02:44 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

O damn mine is good still =[ that sucks
Old 07-26-2013, 03:23 PM   #5
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneBad3.7 View Post
O damn mine is good still =[ that sucks
I have a 2011 and it gets real cold. Are you under 36,000 miles? If so it's still under warrantee.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:28 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastV6

I have a 2011 and it gets real cold. Are you under 36,000 miles? If so it's still under warrantee.
Yes I am at 28xxx I paid for everything to be under warranty till 75k
Old 07-26-2013, 09:22 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cblowe13 View Post

Yes I am at 28xxx I paid for everything to be under warranty till 75k
Bring it to the dealership sounds like it lost its charge might be the compressor or you got a leak in the line
usmc.Cavanaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:18 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What exactly is it doing? My car is in the shop for problems with the ac system
Ntbruncie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:32 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntbruncie

What exactly is it doing? My car is in the shop for problems with the ac system
The heat works and blows out hot air on ac. I forgot exactly what they said but they had to order two parts. Guess what one came in and the other Is on BACKORDER till September. I told them ill be getting a rental for free then. They actually might be hooking me up. I mean it is kind of ridiculous sweating my *** off everywhere I go its been over a week now. Can't hold off till September. Worst thing is girl said come in Friday parts here I came dude was like we don't have your part, ahhhh it took everything not to punch him. Even though its not his fault
Old 07-28-2013, 06:47 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The heat works and blows out hot air on ac. I forgot exactly what they said but they had to order two parts. Guess what one came in and the other Is on BACKORDER till September. I told them ill be getting a rental for free then. They actually might be hooking me up. I mean it is kind of ridiculous sweating my *** off everywhere I go its been over a week now. Can't hold off till September. Worst thing is girl said come in Friday parts here I came dude was like we don't have your part, ahhhh it took everything not to punch him. Even though its not his fault
I know what it's like try the 115 degree weather here in Phoenix Arizona in a black car with black leather. At least they know what's wrong with your car. My car has been into the dealer 4 times now for problems with the ac system. Last time it stayed at the dealer for 5 days this time were on day 5 and they still don't know what's wrong with the ac this time. This time ford has gotten involved with it. So hopefully they can figure something out or ford will be buying my car back from me
Old 07-29-2013, 12:12 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I know what it's like try the 115 degree weather here in Phoenix Arizona in a black car with black leather. At least they know what's wrong with your car. My car has been into the dealer 4 times now for problems with the ac system. Last time it stayed at the dealer for 5 days this time were on day 5 and they still don't know what's wrong with the ac this time. This time ford has gotten involved with it. So hopefully they can figure something out or ford will be buying my car back from me
Wow I feel for you brother. I'm in sc it isn't that bad but when I pay 22 for a car I deserve air when I want it. I pray that doesn't happen to mine.

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cblowe13

Wow I feel for you brother. I'm in sc it isn't that bad but when I pay 22 for a car I deserve air when I want it. I pray that doesn't happen to mine.
Do they give you rental car while its in shop?
Old 07-29-2013, 08:53 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Mine went out at 3k. A couple of sensors were replaced and fine since. Now at 12k.
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:46 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Mine hasn't actually stopped working, but I've noticed that it seems to warm up a bit during acceleration or hard braking, just waiting to see if it gets worse before I call the dealer about it.
pdrinkut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:16 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdrinkut View Post
Mine hasn't actually stopped working, but I've noticed that it seems to warm up a bit during acceleration or hard braking, just waiting to see if it gets worse before I call the dealer about it.
That's how mine started. I will look for the repair order to see exactly what was replaced.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:39 AM   #15
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Under hard accelleration, the AC is cut off, allowing less drag (albeit minor) during a hard punch to the drive by wire pedal. This would be normal.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:12 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdrinkut View Post
That's the same problem my car went in for the first time. They replaced a switch. It would blow warm if I reved above 2500 rpm

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

Quote:

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

Do they give you rental car while its in shop?
No they have not given me a rental..... Yet
Old 07-29-2013, 01:02 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Under hard accelleration, the AC is cut off, allowing less drage (albeit minor) during a hard punch to the drive by wire pedal. This would be normal.
Yes but my issue was under normal acceleration and deceleration as he stated. Some sort of sensor switches.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:10 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Under hard accelleration, the AC is cut off, allowing less drage (albeit minor) during a hard punch to the drive by wire pedal. This would be normal.
It's normal accelleration but hard braking, I was just blaming the florida summer for the time being but now I'm getting a little concerned after seeing all the replies. I'll probably mention it when I take her in for her first oil change.
pdrinkut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:37 PM   #19
Admin

Supporter
Admin

If you do a lot of stop/go city trafic, then its normal. On the highway< my 2011 keeps me plenty cool. If I stop and pick up the wife and get stuck in the 5:00 PM downtown traffic, it does not cool as well. It's just not getting enough cool air past the condensor out front. Once I get into some "clean" air, it cools back down.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:31 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If you do a lot of stop/go city trafic, then its normal. On the highway< my 2011 keeps me plenty cool. If I stop and pick up the wife and get stuck in the 5:00 PM downtown traffic, it does not cool as well. It's just not getting enough cool air past the condensor out front. Once I get into some "clean" air, it cools back down.
Mine cools fine in traffic at 104 degrees and the problem wouldn't happen until on the freeway under light excelloration.. By the time I'd get to the dealer it would come back on. Finally gave out completely and they fixed it.

The wife's Flex cools awesome and has no lag in the tranny when you floor it. But then it's a 40k car in price.
I find that a lousy excuse.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:50 PM   #21
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2012 View Post
Mine cools fine in traffic at 104 degrees and the problem wouldn't happen until on the freeway under light excelloration.. By the time I'd get to the dealer it would come back on. Finally gave out completely and they fixed it.

The wife's Flex cools awesome and has no lag in the tranny when you floor it. But then it's a 40k car in price.
I find that a lousy excuse.
I think the difference in the Ford Flex is that there's a whole lot more grill opening to get air past the condensor.

When I installed the GT front bumper on my 2011 (V6), it seemed to be cooler in traffic then it was before. I was always able to be comfortable before in traffic, it does however seem to be cooler now.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:59 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I think the difference in the Ford Flex is that there's a whole lot more grill opening to get air past the condensor.

When I installed the GT front bumper on my 2011 (V6), it seemed to be cooler in traffic then it was before. I was always able to be comfortable before in traffic, it does however seem to be cooler now.
Up instill 3 months ago I didn't have any problems with my ac it cooled great even in traffic.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:34 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntbruncie View Post

Up instill 3 months ago I didn't have any problems with my ac it cooled great even in traffic.
Yes I do believe we as the car owner knows what's normal and what is not. That statement by dealers is just a cop out. When I'd take mine in like I said by the time I got there it was fine. They wouldn't do anymore than drive it and say unable to duplicate the problem and tell me when it quits working altogether they would fix it. Well when they called to see how the service quality was I told them I'm glad I wasn't have chest pains and they were my doctor.

It eventually quit and they found that the Pressure switch was leaking so they replaced that and the O ring. No complaints since but they would have known this if they'd bothered to check it out instead of just feeling the air and driving it around.

I've got to admit the Flex has 2 a/cs but it Is a larger cabin.

So far warranty has covered this. The lower control arm bushings and a bad visor mirror from the factory.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:58 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah so they tell me your second part for ac is on BACKORDER till September haha **** that. I had a little talk with some top bosses and the part has arrived.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:31 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah so they tell me your second part for ac is on BACKORDER till September haha **** that. I had a little talk with some top bosses and the part has arrived.
It's funny how that happens when you talk to the boss
Old 08-02-2013, 04:58 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

It's funny how that happens when you talk to the boss
Tell me about it. Couldn't take that anymore.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang