BBK Shorty Headers + Borla Stingers = Amazing Sound - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-29-2013, 07:41 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

Lmfao run me in my 3.7 so we can settle this with our cars then TRY and run me in my 5.0 the 3.7 is auto too.
don't forget me
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2013, 07:43 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Balls if I know. Lmao. I know that my long tubes are sweet music to my ears. I have heard you loose some off line torque with the long tubes but you make up and some with the mid to high range. I'm not sure if that's true. I know that with my long tubes the car pulls wicked hard mid and high range and my off line feels great. I don't know first hand ***** about the shorties other than what others have said on here about them and mechanic friends of mine.

I know my car feels to pull the hardest when it hits around 40 mph , tires chirp and it feels to really explode from off the line once I hit around 40 mph.
See this is what I want to know. I DD My car. I am rarely in the mid range. Always in the low to mid but hardly ever high. Also do they drone?
Old 07-29-2013, 08:10 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post

See this is what I want to know. I DD My car. I am rarely in the mid range. Always in the low to mid but hardly ever high. Also do they drone?
My off the line acceleration feels great since I installed 3:73 gears but I will say the real explosion once I floor it from a dead stop seems to take place around 40 mph. The car really seems to explode and its chirping at 40 mph. Now, did I loose some low end torque? I have no clue. I never Dyno car before long tubes and never after. I know the gears made a huge difference. You may pull off the line a hair ahead of me with your shorties, however once I hit 40 mph , your toast baby. I'm.gonna get ya in the 1/4 mile. Lol. My car really pulls hard at 40 mph. I am running a hybrid tune which helps with low end power.

I'll put the link on here for the quick video I made of a 0-60 mph run so you guys can hear and see.You can hear the chirp right prior to 40 mph. It really pulls wicked then. Not saying its the greatest, but not to shabby. My little sixer will roll as all of yours does. Lol.

http://db.tt/aykiluv7
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2013, 09:11 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
For those that want to here a difference, these are stock Manual Mufflers with the FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe
Stock Manifolds

With the BBK's

And also for those saying they are a waste, 2 tenths off my 1/8 mile time, I know people that have done a lot more than that for less.
Also you feel the low end and Mid range power, now with normal cruising I am lighter on the throttle as well. No more downshifting when you get stuck behind a truck on the hills and hit the resume on the cruise either.
Powerwhee, car sounds awesome
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:33 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
This will NEVER be settled! JUST LIKE MARYANN OR GINGER.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:34 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
Lol
Old 07-29-2013, 09:49 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Mary Ann
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:49 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol
Old 07-29-2013, 10:11 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

As long as the individual person is happy with what they got then there is no real right or wrong. I was always told that for the most hp and torque gains go with the long tubes. You may loose some off line torque but one will make up the loss torque and plenty extra once your in that 4k rpm band. Besides our cars engine was really designed to shine in the mid to high range. Its like the 5.0 in the sense the explosive power comes when it hits the 4k rpm band. If I'm running 0-60 mph in say 4.9 to 5 seconds flat and 13 to 13.1 1/4 mile, I'm thrilled.

How it sounds is just an opinion. The shorties sound great yet in my opinion the long tubes sound just as great..
Old 07-29-2013, 10:21 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I'm about to invest in a complete Bassani kit, including LTs, catted x pipes, and performance mufflers; so I'd LOVE to see some dyno'd runs showing stock to shorty and stock to long tube.

That'll be the only way you can prove your point anyhow
RocknCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:33 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Figured I'd shove this in here. atleast with the Bassani kit I'll be installing...

Showing a 22rwhp gain and a 42rwtq gain...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-713707368.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	214.0 KB
ID:	121215  
Old 07-29-2013, 10:49 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Ok. I'm cereal. I like the shorts. I can then get an mrt catted H and get that. I want a nice tone. I don't care about hp as much. It's a nice DD. that's my thing. And I'll have to drive about 30 minutes to work.

I won't be doing a gear swap for a long time. And if anything, 3.55 for the auto. I'm more about class and style than brute power. I'll buy a Mach 1 for that
Old 07-29-2013, 11:40 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ok. I'm cereal. I like the shorts. I can then get an mrt catted H and get that. I want a nice tone. I don't care about hp as much. It's a nice DD. that's my thing. And I'll have to drive about 30 minutes to work.

I won't be doing a gear swap for a long time. And if anything, 3.55 for the auto. I'm more about class and style than brute power. I'll buy a Mach 1 for that
Well nothing wrong with that sir. Lol. I figured I wanted as much power HP and torque gains I could get for my v6 while keeping it N/A. I'm done with my power mods. I do wonder how much more HP and torque gains one gets with long tubes over short tubes.

I wonder if AM did a comparison with a tune, long tubes, off road pipe compared to the same exact tune short tubes and off road x pipe. I wonder where the numbers would be?
Old 07-30-2013, 12:09 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Straight from bbk!

http://youtu.be/pOZG27N5xE4
Old 07-30-2013, 12:27 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Hate to pee on your parade RocknCali, but several people in here from California are complaining you won't pass smog inspection with LT Headers. Do a search about California Smog. Unless you plan on taking down your entire set-up before inspection. Not really sure on what the penalties are these days in the land of Fruits and Flakes. Don't live there and haven't went to visit in several years. Everyone is retiring and moving to better places to live.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:31 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hate to pee on your parade RocknCali, but several people in here from California are complaining you won't pass smog inspection with LT Headers. Do a search about California Smog. Unless you plan on taking down your entire set-up before inspection. Not really sure on what the penalties are these days in the land of Fruits and Flakes. Don't live there and haven't went to visit in several years. Everyone is retiring and moving to better places to live.
Lol no one can pee on my parade. my buddy owns a shop so I can use his lift anytime I want...

And if you wanna talk about better places to live... hit me up when you leave Indiana! lol

I live in Oceanside where the annual temperature is 72 degrees. I say that's better than 99% of the populated areas in the world. Have fun with your humid summers and frigid cold winters
Old 07-30-2013, 12:37 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's because they don't know the right people!!!!! If u wanna pass there's plenty of was to pass w/o having to switch everything out! Go down to the hood like Compton there's no fruits or flakes out there! The weather here is enough to make me wanna retire here..the more people that leave the better I love it here!!

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocknCali View Post

Lol no one can pee on my parade. my buddy owns a shop so I can use his lift anytime I want...

And if you wanna talk about better places to live... hit me up when you leave Indiana! lol

I live in Oceanside where the annual temperature is 72 degrees. I say that's better than 99% of the populated areas in the world. Have fun with your humid summers and frigid cold winters
Lmao. +1MILLION bro!!!! There's no place like Cali man! I live in Los Angeles where it's sunny & the beautiful beach is 10mim away! I'm not going no where!
Old 07-30-2013, 12:41 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
Straight from bbk!

http://youtu.be/pOZG27N5xE4
Clearly shorty headers have benefits of HP and torque gains. The ceramic shorty is $200 less than the ceramic long tube headers. If I'm not mistaken the long tube headers will still provide a greater HP and torque increase than the shorty. I spent the $200 more for the long tubes to gain that extra HP and torque. How much more HP and torque, balls if I know. Lmao. Getting extra power ain't cheep. Heck ,BBK wants $400 for their throttle body and it doesn't give you that much HP and torque for $400 dollars.

The cars engine in general was not designed to have max HP and torque down low rpm's. Its a mid to high power engine which is when it creates the max torque and HP. If your v6 pony is running 5 flat or under 0-60 mph , then short or long tubes, damn bro that's no joke for a sixer.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:57 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Well with the shorties it's under 4.8 seconds to 60. I'm happy with the performance of my car. I wanted it to sound as good as it can. I think now it sounds better than any v6 I've ever heard
powerwhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:22 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 stang22 View Post

don't forget me
Oh u know ima race u too buddy lol
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:25 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

I wonder what shorties and SC would be like? I heard that LTs are always better for SC though. I'm doing 0-60 in a consistent 4.1 sec. I wonder if it's possible to get under 4...just dreaming. lol
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:37 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post

That's because they don't know the right people!!!!! If u wanna pass there's plenty of was to pass w/o having to switch everything out! Go down to the hood like Compton there's no fruits or flakes out there! The weather here is enough to make me wanna retire here..the more people that leave the better I love it here!!

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

Lmao. +1MILLION bro!!!! There's no place like Cali man! I live in Los Angeles where it's sunny & the beautiful beach is 10mim away! I'm not going no where!
The is 10 SECONDS AWAY from my front porch...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3910029514.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	511.0 KB
ID:	121247  
Old 07-30-2013, 02:47 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Here's a vid with the resonators cut out. Has a more aggressive tone. It's harder for the iPhone to capture its deeper to

---------- Post added at 12:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwhee View Post
Here's a vid with the resonators cut out. Has a more aggressive tone. It's harder for the iPhone to capture its deeper to
http://youtu.be/jHFgAuILl-0
Old 07-30-2013, 04:28 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The is 10 SECONDS AWAY from my front porch...
Ain't mad at that bro!
Old 07-30-2013, 04:56 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Being from LA I am glad I left so you have more room. You can keep your Brown outs, smog, KGB (DOT), 2 Seasons and all the rest of your Stupid rules and regulations. I have been though 2 Major Quakes and took a generator up to Oakland after the 87 quake.
I have been to the Smog Referee before, not a good place to end up with a modified car.
I will stay here in Tennessee, and look Ma, not state income tax. BTW I have some of the best fishing and boating lakes in country around me, drive past 2 to get to work.
I guess if you drag race the LTH's are for you, you want a corner carver the Shorties are giving you more usable where you need it. Since it is an hour and a half to closest drag strip and you might get 3 or 4 runs for your 3 hours of driving, I will go play in the mountains.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:10 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siber Expres View Post
Being from LA I am glad I left so you have more room. You can keep your Brown outs, smog, KGB (DOT), 2 Seasons and all the rest of your Stupid rules and regulations. I have been though 2 Major Quakes and took a generator up to Oakland after the 87 quake.
I have been to the Smog Referee before, not a good place to end up with a modified car.
I will stay here in Tennessee, and look Ma, not state income tax. BTW I have some of the best fishing and boating lakes in country around me, drive past 2 to get to work.
I guess if you drag race the LTH's are for you, you want a corner carver the Shorties are giving you more usable where you need it. Since it is an hour and a half to closest drag strip and you might get 3 or 4 runs for your 3 hours of driving, I will go play in the mountains.
lol you catch your small mouth bass and stupid little trout. I'll take a 3 hour boat ride down the coast of Baja and I'll be in WORLD CLASS tuna and marlin fishing. HAHA no pansy 5lb test here buddy. keep your grandma fishing.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:24 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Well nothing wrong with that sir. Lol. I figured I wanted as much power HP and torque gains I could get for my v6 while keeping it N/A. I'm done with my power mods. I do wonder how much more HP and torque gains one gets with long tubes over short tubes.

I wonder if AM did a comparison with a tune, long tubes, off road pipe compared to the same exact tune short tubes and off road x pipe. I wonder where the numbers would be?
Gonna say half of long tubes.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:25 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Ginger!
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:30 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

lol you catch your small mouth bass and stupid little trout. I'll take a 3 hour boat ride down the coast of Baja and I'll be in WORLD CLASS tuna and marlin fishing. HAHA no pansy 5lb test here buddy. keep your grandma fishing.
I'm just over here like yep. I live in Alabama. No emissions and we run drag street cars as DD.

---------- Post added at 08:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwhee View Post

---------- Post added at 12:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

http://youtu.be/jHFgAuILl-0
You had resonators? That's mainly my stopping point now. I got too long I believe. 22"
Old 07-30-2013, 08:32 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'm just over here like yep. I live in Alabama. No emissions and we run drag street cars as DD.

---------- Post added at 08:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 AM ----------

You had resonators? That's mainly my stopping point now. I got too long I believe. 22"
I have resonators! Helps big time with the interior drone.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:45 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Since the last fishing I did on fresh water was for Sturgeon on the Columbia. No 5 pound test there either
Old 07-30-2013, 11:00 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I had resonators from the factory. They were like 12 inch long glass packs.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:01 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwhee

I had resonators from the factory. They were like 12 inch long glass packs.
From the factory? Huh?
Old 07-30-2013, 12:07 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

The automatic cars with come resonators stock. They are like 10 inches and right after the cats
Old 07-30-2013, 12:08 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwhee
The automatic cars with come resonators stock. They are like 10 inches and right after the cats
Ohhhh so thats why the manuals are a bit louder stock.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang