PP Engine Cover - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-29-2013, 07:35 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
PP Engine Cover

Has anyone installed the Pony Package engine cover on their 3.7? I thought it might dress it up and be a little easier to clean since the surface is pretty smooth. I have a ragtop, so I'm guessing I need to remove the strut tower brace to install it and then put back on.

Any pros or cons to having this on? Is it going to make the car more difficult to service, especially with the strut tower brace probably blocking removal? It's only supposed to take about a minute to pop on and off, but I'm sure taking the brace off and on is going to increase that time, especially if it goes in for service.
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2013, 08:56 AM   #2
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Well worth the effort

Just remember to NOT over tighten the nuts when re installing the strut bar.

If I can remember I don't think I had to remove the strut bar when putting this on. I really can't remember. The cover is made of a soft foam type rubber and I'm pretty sure it just slipped on underneath the strut bar.
I have an Automatic so I did have to trim enough clearance for the hose. It was easy. I sure must be getting old that I can't remember but it is so easy to remove the strut bar a caveman can do it.

When you order the cover be sure all of the grommets and stuff are included

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:07 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Where do you get one?
Aruiz42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2013, 09:33 AM   #4
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I got it off of E-Bay

I made certain it was the full package with the grommets when ordering. It came in a genuine "FORD" package and ready to install. It looks great and was well worth it to me.

Ronnie
Old 07-29-2013, 09:43 AM   #5
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Texas
Got mine on ebay for $135.00. Also have an automatic and didn't have to trim anything. Took about a minute to install. I didn't have the brace at the time so I'm not sure if it will fit with it on or not. It should come with two grommets and an oil filler extension. It has no effect on servicing. Does make it look better.
2002 Black/Red GT (Ginger)
2011 Red Candy Metallic V6 (Manfred)
2016 Magnetic Metallic GT (Susie II)
bigmac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:55 AM   #6
Admin

Supporter
Admin

To me, it makes the engine look "unbalanced". The drivers side looks smooth (cover), while the passenger side has the intake runners with their finned look.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:36 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Got mine from eBay as well but from a private seller. As "Ronnie" stated make sure all the grommets and oil extender is there. I took my brace off just to make it easier to put on. Took me like 5 min. Including the removal of the brace.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1733669303.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	399.0 KB
ID:	121113  
silvrbullet2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 12:25 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
Just remember to NOT over tighten the nuts when re installing the strut bar.

If I can remember I don't think I had to remove the strut bar when putting this on. I really can't remember. The cover is made of a soft foam type rubber and I'm pretty sure it just slipped on underneath the strut bar.
I have an Automatic so I did have to trim enough clearance for the hose. It was easy. I sure must be getting old that I can't remember but it is so easy to remove the strut bar a caveman can do it.

When you order the cover be sure all of the grommets and stuff are included

Ronnie
Soft foam type rubber? Is it easy to clean? What are the letters above the horse?
Old 07-29-2013, 12:57 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Although like bucks said, it makes it look off balance. It does at least make it level as to one side being up and the lower parts on the driver side. Just adds fake "meat" to the engine. I'm buying one sooner or later
Old 07-29-2013, 01:29 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I just got mine it was $145.00 it has two gromets that just snap in. I got mine here: http://www.blueovalindustries.com/en...14/en7890.html

Looks great I have a 2014.
Shockesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:55 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post

Soft foam type rubber? Is it easy to clean? What are the letters above the horse?
Answering myself about the letters, TIVCT (Twin Independent Variable Camshaft Timing).
Old 07-29-2013, 02:34 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Love mine....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0499.JPG
Views:	219
Size:	227.0 KB
ID:	121131  
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:39 PM   #13
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Hi David

If you can remember a while back, I loved your engine cover sooooooo much I asked you about it and bought one for my Red Ryder. I think it actually makes the engine look more even and larger then it really is. It sure makes it look a lot better.

Ronnie
Old 07-29-2013, 02:47 PM   #14
Admin

Supporter
Admin

That's what it's all about...what makes us happy. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:49 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
If you can remember a while back, I loved your engine cover sooooooo much I asked you about it and bought one for my Red Ryder. I think it actually makes the engine look more even and larger then it really is. It sure makes it look a lot better.

Ronnie

Yep. I remember that
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:58 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
I've seen them on ebay and yes you have to cut it a little bit if you have an auto. I don't think you have to if you have a manual. I may be wrong though.
ironsurvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:38 PM   #17
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Cut just a tad---- Not much

It's just to clear a hose , I have the Airaid CAI so I did not need to take away much . It was easy to do.

I also bought mine off E-Bay. It came with the grommets and the oil filler extension.

Ronnie
Old 08-05-2013, 05:27 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Engine Cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruiz42 View Post
Where do you get one?
Here is one place that has it.

Mustang V6 Performance Package Engine Cover Kit (11-14) - LatemodelRestoration.com
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:29 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
Nuh-uh!! Fibber...
Out of stock...

I keep wanting to get one, but dammit all...performance first.
Six7One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:44 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six7One View Post
Nuh-uh!! Fibber...
Out of stock...

It's 130 on eBay from a ford dealer if anyone wants one... Performance is cool too... I'm getting my H pipe installed this week but I had to cancel on my gears because the mechanic couldn't get the gear tools... Sucks
Old 08-05-2013, 07:07 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruiz42 View Post

It's 130 on eBay from a ford dealer if anyone wants one... Performance is cool too... I'm getting my H pipe installed this week but I had to cancel on my gears because the mechanic couldn't get the gear tools... Sucks
No gear tools? Find a Ford guy...
Six7One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:43 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Ford wants to charge 700... My friends a certified mechanic but gears aren't as common to where he works... The tools cost a great deal of money and he was going to borrow them from his old boss but the boss never answers... Whatever... Ill wait and see if he's able to get them some other time...
Old 08-05-2013, 08:03 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Not My Job....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six7One View Post
Nuh-uh!! Fibber...
Out of stock...

Don't blame me If there Out of Stock, I don't work for them!
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang