Clever mod - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-31-2013, 06:19 AM   #1
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Clever mod

If you have some extra cash buring a hole in your wallet, here's a mod you might like to do:

2010 - 2013 Mustang One-Touch Turn Signals, OTS-1M10

I bought one off of Ebay last year, and just got around to installing it last night. I will say, working in the cramped foot well of the passenger side in my garage, during a hot humid day was not all that exciting, but after the 45 minute install, it was done. You can easily set the flash count less than its defaulted 6 flashes.

You simply touch "up" or "down" on the turn signal lever, and they will flash 6 times then shut off. Copies the same feature on my wifes BMW, and other high end vehicles.

Clever device; not a performance mod, but a clever device none the less.
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2013, 07:32 AM   #2
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

My Mini Cooper had that feature standard

I really liked that. You are right when you said:
Quote:
Clever device; not a performance mod, but a clever device none the less.
All cars should have this feature then maybe people would start using the turn signals.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:56 AM   #3
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post

All cars should have this feature then maybe people would start using the turn signals.
Ronnie
Ah yes, one could dream!

I have found the following observations while driving in Florida:

1) Turn signals do not get used by most.
2) Those that do use turn signals, use them NOT to wait for you to allow them to change from their lane to yours, but instead to tell you they ARE, and right now!
3) Those that use a turn signal to merge into traffic use the left turn signal, then never shut the #@&* thing off! You never know when they plan to make that next left turn on the highway!
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2013, 10:18 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
The signals on my F250 seemed that way. I would hit them and people would just let me in.

I make it a point to use them...

AM has the same thing too!
Mustang One-Touch Turn Signal Kit (10-14 All) at AmericanMuscle.com OTS-1M10 - Free Shipping!
Six7One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:19 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Ah yes, one could dream!

2) Those that do use turn signals, use them NOT to wait for you to allow them to change from their lan to yours, but instead to tell you they ARE, and right now!
3) Those that use a turn signal to merge into traffic use the left turn signal, then never shut the #@&* thing off! You never know when they plan to make that next left turn on the highway!
#2 had me on the floor hahhahaha.
acornsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:28 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
LOL everyone moves out of my way in my F150
RocknCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:43 AM   #7
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Florida seems to be the worst. Living in the land of wallyworld (Disney/Universal, and Seaword), all the visitors come to have a great time. No worries, as it helps keep the state tax from happening. However, for the locals, we have to watch for the sudden "hey, there's our exit, hold on kids..." turn that happens. Sometimes you get a turn signal to let you know thats happening. Most times, no.

And god help us if it's raining.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:25 PM   #8
Road Trip!

Region: New York
VW has this from factory but it only flashes 3 times. I like the fact these flash six times. I might get this.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:23 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Even though I was one of them tourist last week in Orlando, I don't think I was that bad....lol

But if I came in contact with whoever set up that toll system, I would happily choke the s#!? out of him
Tyriqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:37 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
And god help us if it's raining.
All I have to say, good thing it doesn't snow in FL.

An outstanding DD
dgrum04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:05 PM   #11
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastV6 View Post
VW has this from factory but it only flashes 3 times. I like the fact these flash six times. I might get this.
It comes defaulted to flash 6 times, but can be programmed to flash fewer times. The instructions show you how to do this:

Programming

The timing can be changed to a range of about 2 to 8 flashes by following the procedure below.

1) Start the car and put it in Park (Neutral for manual transmission cars).

2) Tap the RIGHT TURN signal 5 times within 3 seconds. After 2 seconds the signal will flash once.

3) Hold the RIGHT TURN signal on for the number of flashes desired. Make sure you include the full last flash.

4) Release the signal lever. After 2 seconds, the signal will flash the new number.

Programming is complete.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:09 PM   #12
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyriqq View Post
Even though I was one of them tourist last week in Orlando, I don't think I was that bad....lol

But if I came in contact with whoever set up that toll system, I would happily choke the s#!? out of him
You need an E-PASS.....you bypass the toll/pay lanes with it. It auto bills your account you set up.

I thought rental cars offered this? Hertz does. If you use a toll road and drive through the "speed lanes (E-PASS), it will snap a picture of the license plate. The rental car company pays it, then bills you later, even if you already paid the rental car fee.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:11 PM   #13
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrum04 View Post
All I have to say, good thing it doesn't snow in FL.
It did once in Orlando, back in 1975. I had a Beetle then, and the snow was falling through the sun roof. My girlfriend though it was cool.

Did not stick on the ground though, and lasted about 15 minutes.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:02 PM   #14
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Michigan
The dealer gave me a 2012 Focus as a loaner a couple of weeks ago. It had the same set up - touch the turn signal and 3 flashes. The salesman thought the Mustang had it as well, but not the case. I was surprised the Focus had it when my wife's Lincoln doesn't.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:37 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You need an E-PASS.....you bypass the toll/pay lanes with it. It auto bills your account you set up.

I thought rental cars offered this? Hertz does. If you use a toll road and drive through the "speed lanes (E-PASS), it will snap a picture of the license plate. The rental car company pays it, then bills you later, even if you already paid the rental car fee.
Dude, I live too close to rent a mustang for a week. Yes I said it, mustang rental. Downgrading on vacation is not and option.....lol
Tyriqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:50 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

I bought one of these over a year ago. I think i might install it in a few weeks. We just bought my wife a 2013 Edge Limited and it has the 3 flash lane change from the factory. I think its a good thing to have
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:32 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post

Ronnie
+1 good sir.

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

Quote:
Ah yes, one could dream!

2) Those that do use turn signals, use them NOT to wait for you to allow them to change from their lane to yours, but instead to tell you they ARE, and right now!
Lol. Yea, those guys suck. I always get on their *** and give them a good dose of finger grammar.
lllTRADEMARKlll is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang