The best tune. - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-02-2013, 12:19 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedStang View Post

Just read all his posts. He is a obvious troll. Mods give him the ban hammer. My guess is he is a jealous camaro owner/and or a 10-year old boy with nothing better to do.
+1, Bye Bye.

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Pony View Post
If the stock tune wasnt good ford wouldn't have mass produced it
Lmao! No wait keep him on, its useless info but great entertainment! Lol
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2013, 12:46 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Stock tune it pretty good. No need to waste the money
Omg. Really???!

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

Quote:
If the stock tune wasnt good ford wouldn't have mass produced it
For a "stock car". ***** dude where u get ur info? GMC??
351stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:00 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Back before i had a tune (3 years ago).....................I thought my v-6 automatic Mustang was fast. I got a tune from Evolution Performance, all i had at the time was a C&L c.a.i. and Magnaflow 'street series' axle backs. The tune cut 1/2 of a second off my 0 to 60 times . When i would return to stock, my Mustang felt (and was) sooooo slow

With the mods i have now i can't run a stock tune but i will say........For $75 give a MPT tune a try. They pull harder than all my other tunes i have. Just saying...................
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2013, 01:49 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by 351stroker

Omg. Really???!

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

For a "stock car". ***** dude where u get ur info? GMC??

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2708648565.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	121719
Old 08-02-2013, 01:51 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lmao!
Old 08-03-2013, 03:59 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Lol. Gotcha. 👍
351stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:20 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
My MPT TUNE HAS ARRIVED
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:37 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
My MPT TUNE HAS ARRIVED
Very nice. My favorite tune by far. Let us know how you like it!

Btw, my old bama hybrid tune I was getting 20-22 mpg and with my MPT tune I am getting 24.7! And that's in the city! With a 6 spd manual and 3.31 gears. Very impressive.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:46 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
My MPT TUNE HAS ARRIVED
your 0-60 will improve bro. I loved mine.
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:51 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 stang22 View Post

your 0-60 will improve bro. I loved mine.
I can't wait till after dinner and load it up. I will give a full non biased review
Old 08-05-2013, 07:26 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
I am interested to see what this MPT tune is like. I have a BAMA and went back to stock. Not one tune improved MPG, better shifts is about all. No matter how I drive...(like a granny when commuting) They have started the process of logging. But unless something really remarkable comes out of it...the intake and tunes are DONE.
Six7One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:09 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six7One View Post
I am interested to see what this MPT tune is like. I have a BAMA and went back to stock. Not one tune improved MPG, better shifts is about all. No matter how I drive...(like a granny when commuting) They have started the process of logging. But unless something really remarkable comes out of it...the intake and tunes are DONE.
I'm sorry to hear that. I really have noticed a huge difference with my hybrid tune. The car pulls like a mini beast.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:29 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six7One View Post
It depends on where you drive as well. If you rarely drive freeway and spend almost all your time city/streetlight/traffic, your MPG will get worse with a tune (at least with mine It did).

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:33 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhcowboy

It depends on where you drive as well. If you rarely drive freeway and spend almost all your time city/streetlight/traffic, your MPG will get worse with a tune (at least with mine It did).
I drive 100% city traffic, a lot of stop and go (South Florida) and my average MPG went from 21.7 before the tune to 24.7 after the tune.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:41 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I drive 100% city traffic, a lot of stop and go (South Florida) and my average MPG went from 21.7 before the tune to 24.7 after the tune.
That's impressive. Mine went from 20 to 12. Lol.

12.538 ET @112.33
Old 08-06-2013, 01:07 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhcowboy

That's impressive. Mine went from 20 to 12. Lol.
Wow, that sure is odd. Must be some difference in tuning between the 3.7 and 5.0?
Old 08-06-2013, 01:18 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Wow, that sure is odd. Must be some difference in tuning between the 3.7 and 5.0?
I got 26 mpg highway today doing 70 mph with my mpt tune .
Old 08-06-2013, 02:30 PM   #53
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
Quote:
I can't wait till after dinner and load it up. I will give a full non biased review
So what's your ETA on the review?
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:32 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDawg View Post

So what's your ETA on the review?
So I got my MPT tune and loaded it up last night. All I can say is wow. The throttle response is no delay. The car explodes when hitting 2nd and third gears. The tires were chirping at 40 mph and even 70 mph when punching it from dead stop. My tires never chirped at 70 mph. I still love bama but holy good god on MPT. I can see what all the hub bub is about. MPT is the real deal. 91 race performance tune is a freaking beast. I have to say the mid to high power with our engines is really explosive with the right tune and mods. Your thrown back in your seat.

The engine idol and engine revs are a little choppy at start up. Slight surge with my rpm's when reving engine which I'm sure MPT can work out if I data log. First gear is just not a pull hard gear but 2nd and 3rd gears up to gear 6 are a beast. When you hit 40 mph it pulls crazy hard all the way up.
Mad props to MPT to making a crazy powerful tune in email form. I wish 1st gear was more explosive like 2nd and 3rd gears but that's just how the car is designed. Even with 3:73 gears the v6 just lacks the torque to have the first gear explosiveness. I'm not sure if even the 5.0 has an explosive 1st gear.
Old 08-06-2013, 02:40 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

So I got my MPT tune and loaded it up last night. All I can say is wow. The throttle response is no delay. The car explodes when hitting 2nd and third gears. The tires were chirping at 40 mph and even 70 mph when punching it from dead stop. My tires never chirped at 70 mph. I still love bama but holy good god on MPT. I can see what all the hub bub is about. MPT is the real deal. 91 race performance tune is a freaking beast. I have to say the mid to high power with our engines is really explosive with the right tune and mods. Your thrown back in your seat.

The engine idol and engine revs are a little choppy at start up. Slight surge with my rpm's when reving engine which I'm sure MPT can work out if I data log. First gear is just not a pull hard gear but 2nd and 3rd gears up to gear 6 are a beast. When you hit 40 mph it pulls crazy hard all the way up.
Mad props to MPT to making a crazy powerful tune in email form. I wish 1st gear was more explosive like 2nd and 3rd gears but that's just how the car is designed. Even with 3:73 gears the v6 just lacks the torque to have the first gear explosiveness. I'm not sure if even the 5.0 has an explosive 1st gear.
Holy crap!!!! Chirp at 70?
Old 08-06-2013, 02:47 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post

That's awesome!

Who exactly is MPT?

www.morepowertuning.com ?

Wonder if anyone is running their tunes on a 5.0. Be interesting to see if the throttle response is as good as for you. Bama 93 race still has an irritating delay.

Good info!

12.538 ET @112.33
Old 08-06-2013, 02:51 PM   #57
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:

Hot dang! Now I know what I want for friggin Chrismas! Great review, major thumbs up

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhcowboy View Post
That's awesome!

Who exactly is MPT?

www.morepowertuning.com ?

Wonder if anyone is running their tunes on a 5.0. Be interesting to see if the throttle response is as good as for you. Bama 93 race still has an irritating delay.

Good info!
Yup, that's the website. Good pricing too.
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:09 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post

Bro. No lie. Chirped at 70. Did the run 3 separate times and chirped all three times. Crazy

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDawg View Post

Hot dang! Now I know what I want for friggin Chrismas! Great review, major thumbs up

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

Yup, that's the website. Good pricing too.
Thanks for kind words about my review. I did a data log this morning so mpt can work out the minor tweaks on the tune.
Old 08-06-2013, 03:09 PM   #59
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Best 75 bucks you may ever spend.
Old 08-06-2013, 03:12 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Im thinking that since mine is an automatic it may not have the same explosive first gear as a manual may have. Don't get me wrong , 1st gear isn't bad but its just nowhere near explosive as 2nd and 3 gears. The car throws you back and screams.
Old 08-06-2013, 03:16 PM   #61
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Im thinking that since mine is an automatic it may not have the same explosive first gear as a manual may have. Don't get me wrong , 1st gear isn't bad but its just nowhere near explosive as 2nd and 3 gears. The car throws you back and screams.
Mine is an automatic, and I have the same tune....it will break the rears on a hard launch, and without the headrest, you may hurt your neck if your unexpecting the launch...ask my wife the first time she was in the Mustang after the tune was installed!
Old 08-06-2013, 03:54 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Hmmm....may have to open the wallet on this one. Bama's are good so far...but have not been impressed.
Six7One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:55 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Hey so can i load this MPT tune on my SCT SF3 / X3 Tuner and change them out like normal?
Mustangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:36 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangs
Hey so can i load this MPT tune on my SCT SF3 / X3 Tuner and change them out like normal?
Yup
Old 08-06-2013, 09:54 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangs View Post
Sure can. It uploads the same as a bama tune. You save the tune to your computer. Then upload the tune from your computer into the sct tuner.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:15 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Sure can. It uploads the same as a bama tune. You save the tune to your computer. Then upload the tune from your computer into the sct tuner.
Cool. I've been looking for the best tune to run at the track. I guy in my area who's on this forum I think uses a steeda tune and said its the best. He has just basic mods and 3.31 gears and his times at the 1/8 is 8.88 or something and mine are 9.00 but I have 3.55. It's either track conditions or the tune is making Him faster
Old 08-06-2013, 10:25 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Cool. I've been looking for the best tune to run at the track. I guy in my area who's on this forum I think uses a steeda tune and said its the best. He has just basic mods and 3.31 gears and his times at the 1/8 is 8.88 or something and mine are 9.00 but I have 3.55. It's either track conditions or the tune is making Him faster
A good tune can make the difference.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:52 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I think your talking about me? I ran in 1800 da and ran a 8.83@81.68 mph with just a steeda 91 tune and intake. I also ran a 2.1X 60" so the track wasn't prepped well.

Sub 2.0 60" would put me into the low 8.6's. this is before my shorty headers too.

Factory 3.31 gears.

I do shift at 7500 rpm though, what do you shift at?

And are you talking about Irwindale speedway?
powerwhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:39 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwhee View Post

I think your talking about me? I ran in 1800 da and ran a 8.83@81.68 mph with just a steeda 91 tune and intake. I also ran a 2.1X 60" so the track wasn't prepped well.

Sub 2.0 60" would put me into the low 8.6's. this is before my shorty headers too.

Factory 3.31 gears.

I do shift at 7500 rpm though, what do you shift at?

And are you talking about Irwindale speedway?
Yes irwindale. My tune I think is set to shift at 7,200. I did however get a 2.099 60' when I got my best time of 9.00, so what does that mean I'm lacking?
Old 08-07-2013, 12:53 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes irwindale. My tune I think is set to shift at 7,200. I did however get a 2.099 60' when I got my best time of 9.00, so what does that mean I'm lacking?
You have the 3.55 gears? What tune are you running? Could be that my tune is better than yours? My steeda tune was pretty dialed in before the shorty headers.

Yea if i ran a 2.09 60" I would have probably ran a 8.7 for sure. i ran one 2.09 60' at irwindale at the beginning the first run but let off early and trapped 79.8 instead of my usual 81 + trap. That run I'm sure would have been an 8.7

What were you trapping mph wise?

I saw some jeep awd srt8's run 8.7@79mph so if I get the traction I know the car has a good time in it.

try using the 1-2-3? i use it for the races and feel it's better than drive because i can let the rpms climb how i want. try shifting at 7500 too?
powerwhee is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang