The best tune. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-01-2013, 07:09 PM   #1

Region: Florida
The best tune.

I corrently run the 93 race tune by bama... I would like to know from you guys if the MPT tune would be better, or any other recomendation.. Im looking for the best performance gains possible
Luizleao is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2013, 07:17 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
What is your car set-up?
Billymich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:25 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billymich View Post
What is your car set-up?
Steeda cai, competition axle backs ( going for LTs with off road X-pipe), and TB spacer ( putting BBK TB soon and ported intake)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2013, 07:25 PM   #4
Road Trip!

Region: North Carolina
Stock tune it pretty good. No need to waste the money
Fat Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:32 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Pony
Waste money? You do know for some modifications, such as long tube headers, you NEED a tune. A tune is far from a waste of money. I felt a huge difference in power when I installed my race MPT tune compared to stock.

If you want the best gains, get a local dyno tune. If non available I'd go with the MPT race tune, it's only 75$ and seems to yield the best gains for an e-mail tune.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:32 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Pony View Post
Not really.. I felt a huge difference with my tune compared to the stock
Old 08-01-2013, 07:41 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Dude, you are going to every thread and posting mostly misinformation. STOP posting and read!
Old 08-01-2013, 07:43 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billymich

Dude, you are going to every thread and posting mostly misinformation. STOP posting and read!
Just read all his posts. He is a obvious troll. Mods give him the ban hammer. My guess is he is a jealous camaro owner/and or a 10-year old boy with nothing better to do.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:47 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billymich View Post

+1
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:50 PM   #10
Road Trip!

If the stock tune wasnt good ford wouldn't have mass produced it
Fat Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:52 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Just. No. Please stop.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:55 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Region: Massachusetts
"Fatboy" you have no idea what your talking about. Either learn your stuff or stop screwing with people!
Old 08-01-2013, 07:57 PM   #13

Quote:
I dont know if you for real, but i would appreciate if you stop posting non sense.. Im just trying to get some answers here, needing help on this subject, and you are not helping.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:59 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Stop feeding the troll guys!!!! Obvious troll
Old 08-01-2013, 08:00 PM   #15
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
Is there something about the 93 BAMA tune u dont like? Have u tried data logging ur tune?
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:11 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Stop feeding the troll guys!!!! Obvious troll
Old 08-01-2013, 08:11 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubnbit View Post
Is there something about the 93 BAMA tune u dont like? Have u tried data logging ur tune?
Never did, just trying to find out which tune gives you the most outcome. Never had any problems with it.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:18 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luizleao View Post
Never did, just trying to find out which tune gives you the most outcome. Never had any problems with it.
If you're not trying to get that involved with tuning, e.g. data logging, wideband sensor, etc then stick with the tune you got, it's not worth the extra expense.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:21 PM   #19
Registered Member

Regular

^ that's what I'm sayin. I've heard the guys all mention the hybrid tune and how well they like it. U might request it and try it. I think what we all get from BAMA is a good tune that is safe for our cars. I would think they are as good as anybody in the business at what they do, especially for email tunes.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:24 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubnbit View Post
^ that's what I'm sayin. I've heard the guys all mention the hybrid tune and how well they like it. U might request it and try it. I think what we all get from BAMA is a good tune that is safe for our cars. I would think they are as good as anybody in the business at what they do, especially for email tunes.
That's good to hear considering mine is on its way from am!
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:28 PM   #21
Registered Member

Regular

Ur gonna love it brother! If ur not happy with it, AM will work with u to fix it. I've not data logged but I've heard guys talk about how much better they got out of their tunes. Good news is. AM will walk u through doing it.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:41 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
I corrently run the 93 race tune by bama... I would like to know from you guys if the MPT tune would be better, or any other recomendation.. Im looking for the best performance gains possible
Sir, I have been running bama tunes for just shy 2 years and I love them. I'm currently running a 91 hybrid tune and its really awesome. AM is very reputable and make excellent tunes. Lately, I have been hearing a lot of buzz about MPT. From my understanding MPT offers the most powerful tune for a company who does email tunes. Unless someone was going to get a Dyno tune, I hear MPT Is the next best thing. With that said, I currently am not running a MPT , however just the other morning I pulled the trigger and ordered the 91 race performance tune from MPT. I love bama tunes but for 75 dollars I want to see first hand if this MPT tune is as awesome as people say. Forum members claim there 1/4 mile time was improved 3 tenths off, which is awesome. I was told the low end power, mid power and high end power is way better than the bama race and hybrid tune.

I have researched MPT and couldn't find any reports or claims of a tuned engine or transmission was damaged or blew up. MPT is based out of Florida and been around for over 10 years. The three employees all worked for SCT prior and have an impeccable track record for tuning with no engine or trans failures as due AM. I love AM and will always use there tunes but having one more powerful tune is awesome. I'm willing to drop $75 on it to see for myself. Hopefully I will have my MPT tune by tomorrow and once installed will report back and give my review.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:57 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
. I love AM and will always use there tunes but having one more powerful tune is awesome. I'm willing to drop $75 on it to see for myself. Hopefully I will have my MPT tune by tomorrow and one installed will report back and give my review.
Yeah, please write a review thread!
Old 08-01-2013, 09:16 PM   #24
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
I have both Bama and MPT tunes and I'll say that MPT is much more aggressive just driving around town. I'm heading to our local 1/8th mile strip this weekend to se how the Bama Performance, Bama Race, and MPT Performance tunes compare. All are 93 octane.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:28 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
I have both as well and mpt is by far the best.. I went to bama race today just to feel the difference and wowww it seems like it runs like stock so i have to go back to mpt tomorrow again and enjoy my ride...
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:43 PM   #26
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
I would definitely go Bama with a tune. They seem to be the best balance of performance and safety. They aren't cheap though.

Fast, cheap, reliable. You can only pick 2.

The guy that says the stock Ford tune is correct. It is a good tune. You will easily get 200,000 miles out if it. It is very conservative though. It is not performance oriented.

That's where these companies come in. They take these overly safe tunes, and tweak them to varying degrees of safety.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:54 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIG View Post
I would definitely go Bama with a tune. They seem to be the best balance of performance and safety. They aren't cheap though.

Fast, cheap, reliable. You can only pick 2.

The guy that says the stock Ford tune is correct. It is a good tune. You will easily get 200,000 miles out if it. It is very conservative though. It is not performance oriented.

That's where these companies come in. They take these overly safe tunes, and tweak them to varying degrees of safety.
Bama does make a good reliable tune but stop and think for a minute. I have been on these type mustang forums for close to two years now and when was the last time you heard of any tune blowing up an engine or transmission. I haven't seen one current thread since I first joined and think of all the thousands of tunes done daily.

I'm sure somewhere , someone had there engine jacked up because nothing is 100% but really. From AM, Lund, VMP, Steeda etc, none that I have heard of are damaging engines or transmissions. Who here right now currently knows of an engine or trans blowing up because of a tune from companies mentioned above. I can't find any on Google from of recent . Maybe when tuners first came out but these companies got this tuning business down to a freaking exact science. I'm sure there are plenty of people running aggressive tunes along with good routine maintenance the cars of 150k miles and above. What evidence shows that a proper tune will shorten engine life. If done proper. The tunes are safe and stay with a reputable company and you will be fine.

MPT told me there making 125 tunes daily. Daily. Think of all the thousands of tunes and not one report of an engine seizing or transmission broke because of the aggressive tune. If someone rags the balls out of the car then sure stuff is going to break tune or no tune.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:00 PM   #28
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
Quote:

Bama does make a good reliable tune but stop and think for a minute. I have been on these type mustang forums for close to two years now and when was the last time you heard of any tune blowing up an engine or transmission. I haven't seen one current thread since I first joined and think of all the thousands of tunes done daily.

I'm sure somewhere , someone had there engine jacked up because nothing is 100% but really. From AM, Lund, VMP, Steeda etc, none that I have heard of are damaging engines or transmissions. Who here right now currently knows of an engine or trans blowing up because of a tune from companies mentioned above. I can't find any Google. Maybe when tuners first came out but these companies got this tuning business down to a freaking exact science. I'm sure there are plenty of people running aggressive tunes along with good routine maintenance the cars of 150k miles and above. What evidence shows that a proper tune will shorten engine life. If done proper. The tunes are safe and stay with a reputable company and you will be fine.
That's true. You never really hear of these things blowing cars up.

I tend to lean towards Bama because of their reputation, and customer service.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:11 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIG View Post

That's true. You never really hear of these things blowing cars up.

I tend to lean towards Bama because of their reputation, and customer service.
For real. You never hear anyone say there tune blew up the engine or trans. I agree bro. I love AM. I spent 3k on mods from them so I agree there customer service is awesome. I love there tunes expecially the hybrid, however with that said I'm always looking for ways to squeeze out more HP and torque in my sixer. Lol. I hear MPT is doing that and blowing away the competition with such reliable aggressive tunes. I spoke with one nice forum chap today and he told me he has used Bama, Lund and MPT tunes. By far his favorite and most aggressive tune is from MPT, the race performance tune. From what I'm told the throttle response with the MPT tune is immediate and no delay. It feels like a drive on cable system or some ***** like that. Its instant throttle response. Plus the firm ,hard shifts are actually better for ones transmission than soft shifts. Bama makes a nice firm shift. I do feel like I'm cheating and being unfaithful to AM by trying another tune however can't a guy have more than one love. Lmao. Okay, meds haven't kicked in yet. I will still use AM tunes and have them make me new ones.

I don't know first hand about MPT but tomorrow I hope to see in my inbox gmai my 91 race performance tune. Also a big shout out to Ken from MPT. Really nice, took his time with me and answered my questions. Ken told me they do amazing things with the automatics. We shall see. Full review coming soon.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:47 PM   #30

Quote:

Sir, I have been running bama tunes for just shy 2 years and I love them. I'm currently running a 91 hybrid tune and its really awesome. AM is very reputable and make excellent tunes. Lately, I have been hearing a lot of buzz about MPT. From my understanding MPT offers the most powerful tune for a company who does email tunes. Unless someone was going to get a Dyno tune, I hear MPT Is the next best thing. With that said, I currently am not running a MPT , however just the other morning I pulled the trigger and ordered the 91 race performance tune from MPT. I love bama tunes but for 75 dollars I want to see first hand if this MPT tune is as awesome as people say. Forum members claim there 1/4 mile time was improved 3 tenths off, which is awesome. I was told the low end power, mid power and high end power is way better than the bama race and hybrid tune.

I have researched MPT and couldn't find any reports or claims of a tuned engine or transmission was damaged or blew up. MPT is based out of Florida and been around for over 10 years. The three employees all worked for SCT prior and have an impeccable track record for tuning with no engine or trans failures as due AM. I love AM and will always use there tunes but having one more powerful tune is awesome. I'm willing to drop $75 on it to see for myself. Hopefully I will have my MPT tune by tomorrow and once installed will report back and give my review.
That helps a lot! I was wondering about this becuase i used a MPT tune on my ford edge, and im really satisfied with the huge difference it made. I was hoping to hear something like this for the stangs to... Thanks for the help, ordering my tune from MPT tomorrow.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:52 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That helps a lot! I was wondering about this becuase i used a MPT tune on my ford edge, and im really satisfied with the huge difference it made. I was hoping to hear something like this for the stangs to... Thanks for the help, ordering my tune from MPT tomorrow.
Glad I could be some assistance bro. I should get my mpt tune tomorrow.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:27 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

I dont know if you for real, but i would appreciate if you stop posting non sense.. Im just trying to get some answers here, needing help on this subject, and you are not helping.
any tune will help you bro. MPT was my favorite before I went Dyno. please don't listen to this loser. he has a GT and trolling on our side of the forum.
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:46 AM   #33
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Yes, massed produced for STOCK setups. When a car is modified with better breathing (exhaust), better intake (larger injectors, larger intake,), then the stock tune no longer fits the mods. A tune advances timing, adjusts shift points (automatics), lifts the rev/speed limiter, and much more.

This thread is based on modifications, and not a stock setup.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:00 AM   #34
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
I hope you're really enjoying your 93 Race tune! Since you're running our Bama tune, I'm sure you already noticed a huge difference over your stock set up. The further you go into the modification game, the better the gains are going to be from the tune!

If there's somethings you're not happy with regarding your Bama tune, please let me know. We can datalog with you and make some adjustments to your file! Our Bama Performance tuning specialists are here in the building Monday-Friday from 9AM-5:30PM EST and Saturday 9AM-5:30PM EST. You can hit them up directly at 888.226.9764 and they'll get you squared away!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:51 AM   #35
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Region: Nebraska
Quote:
Kidding right?
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang