Buying a 2013 rental conv??? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-02-2013, 03:19 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedStang View Post

+1 on both statements

Fact is, most rental cars have been abused one way or another. Just something you have to accept when buying one. But if you can get one for a steal just make sure you have a mechanic inspect it before purchase.
As the op stated 14k cheaper is a lot of $$$$. Imagine having 14k for mods brah ha ha ha ha!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2013, 03:20 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13

As the op stated 14k cheaper is a lot of $$$$. Imagine having 14k for mods brah ha ha ha ha!
***** 14,000$ cheaper? Hell I'd go for it! That is tonssssss of mod $$$$
Old 08-02-2013, 03:35 PM   #38
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
I would go for it.

If it was just on a used car lot I would think twice but this is on a Lincoln dealers lot so I'm betting there is nothing at all wrong with it. It should still be under the factory warranty so """WHY WORRY"""

Remember, WE ALL CAN"T AFFORD SPANKING BRAND NEW CARS
This is a great deal for a 2013 Vert Mustang.

Ronnie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2013, 03:47 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Just saying, I would prefer one or two owners than a few hundred. But yes I would have more piece of mind buying from a ford dealer with a warranty. And yes I understand we all can't buy new cars but ever think why they sell rentals soooo much cheaper?
Old 08-02-2013, 05:52 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Just saying, I would prefer one or two owners than a few hundred. But yes I would have more piece of mind buying from a ford dealer with a warranty. And yes I understand we all can't buy new cars but ever think why they sell rentals soooo much cheaper?
Because they are used. They aren't any cheaper than similar used cars. 90% of the 2-3 year old cars at dealerships are rentals that were bought at auction. I use to be a car salesman. Cheaper is a relative term, compared to new they are cheaper. Compared to other used cars though, it's relative.
Old 08-02-2013, 06:52 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllTRADEMARKlll View Post

Because they are used. They aren't any cheaper than similar used cars. 90% of the 2-3 year old cars at dealerships are rentals that were bought at auction. I use to be a car salesman. Cheaper is a relative term, compared to new they are cheaper. Compared to other used cars though, it's relative.
The op says he is looking at a 13' that is a rental and is 14k under a new one. Find me a used, not rental car that much cheaper! No chance! Maybe a few grand but never that much. I don't know where you live but up here there's no chance. Example a 34k new 13, finding it used, today, for 20k, it would hard if not impossible to find any used not rental car with that kind of savings! If you can hook me up! Lol
Old 08-02-2013, 07:29 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by drukkosz View Post
Hello all,

I am new to the website but not to the mustangs. I have a 68vert.
I always liked the look of 2013 and am on the market for one.
But they are all rentals. There are no used mustang available and i have been looking for few weeks now.
So here is a question. Is it a good idea to get one??
I found two that i like in one dealership, they both are premium convertible with grey interior (what i like) One is grey one is white. price under $21k

It saves me almost $14k comparing to new one.

So tell me what do you guys think

thanks
No way would I buy a rental vehicle especially a mustang. Bro, people rag the ball snot out of rental vehicles because its not theirs. A car like a mustang most likely was beaten , abused and f no. I guarantee that cars transmission had neutral bombed all over the place and you would be crazy to buy one. Many years ago I rented a Chrysler 300 for 4 days and I beat the living balls off that thing. Why, because I could and it wasn't my vehicle so it was the rental companies problem..

Although, with the money saved you can always buy a new transmission and engine. Of course the money you saved in the beginning, will no longer be saved.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:36 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The op says he is looking at a 13' that is a rental and is 14k under a new one. Find me a used, not rental car that much cheaper! No chance! Maybe a few grand but never that much. I don't know where you live but up here there's no chance. Example a 34k new 13, finding it used, today, for 20k, it would hard if not impossible to find any used not rental car with that kind of savings! If you can hook me up! Lol
If your being sold a v6 used for 34k then you are being robbed and have bigger problems then whether or not it was a rental. I could by a new 5.0 for 31k. Lol.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:41 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

No way would I buy a rental vehicle especially a mustang. Bro, people rag the ball snot out of rental vehicles because its not theirs. A car like a mustang most likely was beaten , abused and f no. I guarantee that cars transmission had neutral bombed all over the place and you would be crazy to buy one. Many years ago I rented a Chrysler 300 for 4 days and I beat the living balls off that thing. Why, because I could and it wasn't my vehicle so it was the rental companies problem..

Although, with the money saved you can always buy a new transmission and engine. Of course the money you saved in the beginning, will no longer be saved.
Again, just because you can does NOT mean you should. Respect other people's property as you would your own. It's insane how many of you act like its ok to destroy someone else's stuff. Car enthusiasts especially should respect other people's cars whether its a person or a business. Grow up.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:44 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

If your being sold a v6 used for 34k then you are being robbed and have bigger problems then whether or not it was a rental. I could by a new 5.0 for 31k. Lol.
Lol, true that, I'm just quoting the op. But if he's in Canada like I am we are getting raped when it comes to new cars!! My car was new and is not a premium but has the lower mini lights in the front bumper and after it was said and done with financing, freight, and 2 million in taxes it cost 30k! I had to pay almost 4500 just in ****ing taxes!!!!!! I honestly think Quebec is the most expensive place in north america to buy a car!!!
Old 08-02-2013, 07:46 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Again, just because you can does NOT mean you should. Respect other people's property as you would your own. It's insane how many of you act like its ok to destroy someone else's stuff. Car enthusiasts especially should respect other people's cars whether its a person or a business. Grow up.
I totally agree that people SHOULD . Notice the key word is SHOULD. Now let me respectfully educate you the reality. PEOPLE DON'T. A large majority of people who rent vehicles especially a sports car are going to rag it out. I'm not saying this is right to do, but I'm just trying to give the OP a realistic truth about rental vehicles. If the OP wants to chance it, go for it, its his or hers money. The OP asked for opinions so that what they will get. I'm just trying to help a fellow stanger out.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:47 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I couldn't agree more. But when I'm driving the hell out of that rental I'm not thinking about the guy who's gonna buy it later. Luckily I've only had 4 in my lifetime. Lol.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:47 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol, true that, I'm just quoting the op. But if he's in Canada like I am we are getting raped when it comes to new cars!! My car was new and is not a premium but has the lower mini lights in the front bumper and after it was said and done with financing, freight, and 2 million in taxes it cost 30k! I had to pay almost 4500 just in ****ing taxes!!!!!! I honestly think Quebec is the most expensive place in north america to buy a car!!!
In sorry. That really sucks. It's not like it has to travel much further than it does for an American car.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:50 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I couldn't agree more. But when I'm driving the hell out of that rental I'm not thinking about the guy who's gonna buy it later. Lol.
I'm gonna work that rental vehicle like a stripper working a pole.

Click image for larger version

Name:	_facebook_980222828_.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	121753
Old 08-02-2013, 07:53 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I totally agree that people SHOULD . Notice the key word is SHOULD. Now let me respectfully educate you the reality. PEOPLE DON'T. A large majority of people who rent vehicles especially a sports car are going to rag it out. I'm not saying this is right to do, but I'm just trying to give the OP a realistic truth about rental vehicles. If the OP wants to chance it, go for it, its his or hers money. The OP asked for opinions so that what they will get. I'm just trying to help a fellow stanger out.
I understand the majority do. Remember that saying our moms use to tell us? "Just because you friend jumps off of a cliff does that mean you should?" This is that dilemma. Your advice may be sound but you are essentially admitting to being the culprit behind why you wouldn't buy a rental.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:53 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

In sorry. That really sucks. It's not like it has to travel much further than it does for an American car.
Lol. I actually thought of buying down there and bringing it back up here, but upon a little more research I soon realized that its a ****ing headache and might not end up saving much more $$ at all in the end! Plus I had the wife *****ing in one ear, "you wanna do what?" blah blah blah! Lol
Old 08-02-2013, 07:59 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

I just don't understand this mentality. I would never mistreat someone else's belongings. When you admit that it is wrong and yet do it anyway it makes it that much worse. *shakes head* The worlds economic problems stem from this very thought process. Don't be mad at bankers for the dire economic crisis because, based on this issue, you would do the same thing if you had the ability.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:59 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I understand the majority do. Remember that saying our moms use to tell us? "Just because you friend jumps off of a cliff does that mean you should?" This is that dilemma. Your advice may be sound but you are essentially admitting to being the culprit behind why you wouldn't buy a rental.
I admit it because I'm being truthful and giving the OP a realistic point of view. I not saying its right , its just how many people treat a rental vehicle. Its the only time a person can have no worries of long term effects and drive the dog snot out of a vehicle. Feel free, to buy a rental vehicle but don't be surprised when the engine goes up or other issues after owning it a couple years.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:02 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol. I actually thought of buying down there and bringing it back up here, but upon a little more research I soon realized that its a ****ing headache and might not end up saving much more $$ at all in the end! Plus I had the wife *****ing in one ear, "you wanna do what?" blah blah blah! Lol
I would assume that would be the case.

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

Quote:

I admit it because I'm being truthful and giving the OP a realistic point of view. I not saying its right , its just how many people treat a rental vehicle. Its the only time a person can have no worries of long term effects and drive the dog snot out of a vehicle. Feel free, to buy a rental vehicle but don't be surprised when the engine goes up or other issues after owning it a couple years.
^*bangs head into wall*
Before today I would have entrusted any one of you to drive my car. Now, I wouldn't trust you with a gum wrapper.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:04 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Hey, even Jerry Seinfeld took the extra insurance because he was gonna beat the living **** out of it. If Jerry says its O.K then it must be. Lol
Old 08-02-2013, 08:06 PM   #56
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
My old 02 was a rental in florida. I bought it oct 2002 with 22k miles for 10k under a new one. I daily beat on that car for the next 6 years and the only issue I ever had was the fuel pump went out at 65k. It had 110k miles and hundreds of drag strip and autocross passes. Car has well over 200k now and still going strong.

With that said I buy the full insurance when I rent a vehicle and drive it like the 13yo I am on the inside. Hell I did donuts in the parking lot before returning the last one. I didn't think the 4 cyl had enough power to do it. E brake around 40mph and flooring it led to a decent smoke show. The chryslee cirrus of several years ago WILL get air off of speed bumps as well. O, and park at 55mph is probably the worst sound I have ever heard from a vehicle.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
Old 08-02-2013, 08:09 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hey, even Jerry Seinfeld took the extra insurance because he was gonna beat the living **** out of it. If Jerry says its O.K then it must be. Lol
Lol. Ugh. Lemmings.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:09 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

^*bangs head into wall*
Before today I would have entrusted any one of you to drive my car. Now, I wouldn't trust you with a gum wrapper.
I don't even trust my dealer driving driving my car! To be honest my wife has never driven stick before and we are gonna rent a car for her to learn on before she steps foot in my baby!!
Old 08-02-2013, 08:11 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

^*bangs head into wall*
A person to me is different than a company. The rental company doesn't give a crap. They sell the car after a few years. If I was driving a friends vehicle, I would baby it.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:11 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
My old 02 was a rental in florida. I bought it oct 2002 with 22k miles for 10k under a new one. I daily beat on that car for the next 6 years and the only issue I ever had was the fuel pump went out at 65k. It had 110k miles and hundreds of drag strip and autocross passes. Car has well over 200k now and still going strong.

With that said I buy the full insurance when I rent a vehicle and drive it like the 13yo I am on the inside. Hell I did donuts in the parking lot before returning the last one. I didn't think the 4 cyl had enough power to do it. E brake around 40mph and flooring it led to a decent smoke show. The chryslee cirrus of several years ago WILL get air off of speed bumps as well. O, and park at 55mph is probably the worst sound I have ever heard from a vehicle.
Lmfao!!! Gold Jerry, gold!
Old 08-02-2013, 08:13 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

A person to me is different than a company. The rental company doesn't give a crap. They sell the car after a few years. If I was driving a friends vehicle, I would baby it.
Ok. But a person is going to buy that car.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:14 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Sucker! Jk Jk. Lmao.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:16 PM   #63
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllTRADEMARKlll

Hey, at least we are bringing a vehicle back. I know of certain ppl who have only been able to bring parts back...

Next time I go to an offroad park i'm thinking of renting the cheapest thing they have and see how far it will go...then help it the rest of the way. Wish it was a little cheaper to rent a mustang, hard to beat $19.99 for a day though.
Our's:
Old 08-02-2013, 08:17 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Then they take the risk because there is high chance that vehicle may of been ragged on. Did the rental company give regular maintenance to that vehicle. Maybe, maybe not. I personally would not buy a rental vehicle but again feel free to do so. If you save 14k on a rental vehicle and have to drop a new engine in it, you still may come out saving.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:18 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Quote:

Yup. Or be stranded by that car some inconsiderate f*ck horsebeat because they "could".

This may be too deep a comment, but that mentality is indicative of what is wrong with the world today. "It ain't mine, why should I care?" Some of you need your moral compasses calibrated.

/rant
Old 08-02-2013, 08:25 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six7One View Post

Yup. Or be stranded by that car some inconsiderate f*ck horsebeat because they "could".

This may be too deep a comment, but that mentality is indicative of what is wrong with the world today. "It ain't mine, why should I care?" Some of you need your moral compasses calibrated.

/rant
Then don't buy rental vehicle and you don't have to worry about it. Buy new or pre owned from someone you feel may not of ragged the vehicle. Why is a rental company selling a 1 year old vehicle already? That seems very soon to sell it. How many people drove that vehicle in that past year. I was younger when I rented that vehicle, now at 39 I'm past that stage but how many younger people renting vehicles and dogging them.

Tons, Again I wouldn't buy a rental because the reality is this. Large percentage of people who have rental vehicles don't care and run the balls off them, especially a 305 HP sports like car.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:25 PM   #67
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six7One

/rant
If I pay extra to do as I wish with the vehicle who is harmed?

How would you know a 1 owner low mile trade wasn't boosted and hurt before being dumped back on a dealer.

Just thought of another...we tuned and sprayed a few rentals several years ago. You would be surprised what size shot some cars will take.
Our's:
Old 08-02-2013, 08:28 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post

If I pay extra to do as I wish with the vehicle who is harmed?

How would you know a 1 owner low mile trade wasn't boosted and hurt before being dumped back on a dealer.

Just thought of another...we tuned and sprayed a few rentals several years ago. You would be surprised what size shot some cars will take.
Lmao. Holy cow. Lmbo
Old 08-02-2013, 08:28 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

/rant
+100000000000000000000000
I love you bro!
Old 08-02-2013, 08:29 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

/rant
When the guy at the counter asks do you want the extra insurance, and you ask what does that cover and he says you can drive it into a brick wall a come get another one, I'm not thinking of the guy two years from now who's gonna buy this pos I'm thinking they are supposed to fix this thing with the extra insurance I just paid for. So if it comes back with only 3 of the six cylinders firing its there responsibility to fix it good as new!
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang