Buying a 2013 rental conv??? - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-02-2013, 08:32 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
It's not a matter of if you can, it's a matter of if you should. You all admitted it felt wrong on some level. The extra insurance is for if something bad happens, not go ahead and try to make something bad happen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2013, 08:32 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post

When the guy at the counter asks do you want the extra insurance, and you ask what does that cover and he says you can drive it into a brick wall a come get another one, I'm not thinking of the guy two years from now who's gonna buy this pos I'm thinking they are gonna supposed to fix this thing with the extra insurance I just paid for. So if it comes back with only 3 of the six cylinders firing its there responsibility to fix it good as new!
OMG, bro, you are killing me. I love your thinking. My sides are hurting from laughing so freaking hard. 3 out of 6 cylinders, that's the funniest line. Holy good lord, your one funny dude. I'm still laughing
Old 08-02-2013, 08:33 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllTRADEMARKlll View Post
It's not a matter of if you can, it's a matter of if you should. You all admitted it felt wrong on some level. The extra insurance is for if something bad happens, not go ahead and try to make something bad happen.
Trust me, with extra insurance something bad is gonna happen. Lmao!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2013, 08:36 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Dude, with all due respect that's how it is. That's the reality of rental vehicles. Right, wrong, its irrelevant. Many rental vehicles are beaten and abused the balls out of because its a opportunity to drive a vehicle to its max and not have any worries about its life.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:37 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Then don't buy rental vehicle and you don't have to worry about it. Buy new or pre owned from someone you feel may not of ragged the vehicle. Why is a rental company selling a 1 year old vehicle already? That seems very soon to sell it. How many people drove that vehicle in that past year. I was younger when I rented that vehicle, now at 39 I'm past that stage but how many younger people renting vehicles and dogging them.

Tons, Again I wouldn't buy a rental because the reality is this. Large percentage of people who have rental vehicles don't care and run the balls off them, especially a 305 HP sports like car.
They return them to the manufacturer to be sold that soon because they have that agreement when first buying the vehicles. They also understand that if the cars are not maintained properly the manufacturer won't take them back or give them the originally agreed upon price.

I rented a 2013 Mustang convertible in Phoenix last February, put 1100 miles on the car and did not beat it. That car is the reason I bought my 2012 a month later.

I would think most people wouldn't want to rent a vehicle, totally abuse it and risk getting stranded while on vacation. That doesn't sound like fun to me.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:38 PM   #76
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue

They return them to the manufacturer to be sold that soon because they have that agreement when first buying the vehicles. They also understand that if the cars are not maintained properly the manufacturer won't take them back or give them the originally agreed upon price.

I rented a 2013 Mustang convertible in Phoenix last February, put 1100 miles on the car and did not beat it. That car is the reason I bought my 2012 a month later.

I would think most people wouldn't want to rent a vehicle, totally abuse it and risk getting stranded while on vacation. That doesn't sound like fun to me.
With the right coverage they send you a new car....don't ask me how I know.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
Old 08-02-2013, 08:40 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

When the guy at the counter asks do you want the extra insurance, and you ask what does that cover and he says you can drive it into a brick wall a come get another one, I'm not thinking of the guy two years from now who's gonna buy this pos I'm thinking they are supposed to fix this thing with the extra insurance I just paid for. So if it comes back with only 3 of the six cylinders firing its there responsibility to fix it good as new!
The extra insurance is so if you get in an accident, your own insurance company doesn't need to get involved.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:41 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It's not a matter of if you can, it's a matter of if you should.
Yeah, and I tell that to the gas companies but they don't listen either so....
Old 08-02-2013, 08:41 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post

Okay, then go buy a rental vehicle. Rock out.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:42 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lmao!
Old 08-02-2013, 08:49 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Trust me, with extra insurance something bad is gonna happen. Lmao!
Only because the mentality is to drive it like you stole it. The moral of the story is stop acting like a child and treat others (including their stuff) as you would want to be treated.

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

Quote:

+1

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

Quote:

Dude, with all due respect that's how it is. That's the reality of rental vehicles. Right, wrong, its irrelevant. Many rental vehicles are beaten and abused the balls out of because its a opportunity to drive a vehicle to its max and not have any worries about its life.
With all due respect, people that act hat way are immature A holes and should be given a swift kick in the shorts for acting so juvenile.

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

Quote:

The extra insurance is so if you get in an accident, your own insurance company doesn't need to get involved.
+1 again
Old 08-02-2013, 08:52 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

I think the moral of the story is reality. Just take this thread for example, out of 5 great people here having a civilized conversation about rental cars, 3 out of 5 admit of putting excissive / ridiculous (lol) amounts of pain on rental cars. That's 60%. I personally would not want to take that chance on a rental.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:01 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I think the moral of the story is reality. Just take this thread for example, out of 5 great people here having a civilized conversation about rental cars, 3 out of 5 admit of putting excissive / ridiculous (lol) amounts of pain on rental cars. That's 60%. I personally would not want to take that chance on a rental.
Agreed. You all took some of the magic out of my car.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:03 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
My car is a rental, and I love it.

Old 08-02-2013, 09:03 PM   #85
Legacy Member
Legacy

One more, at the 2005 v6 mustang shootout a guy from Canada flew down and rented an 05 v6. It was tuned by vmp if I recall correctly. I do know it ran the stock class all weekend long. He was nice enough to clean the rubber off the fenders, and a John Force burnout on a prepped track does not help traction.
Our's:
Old 08-02-2013, 09:18 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Only because the mentality is to drive it like you stole it. The moral of the story is stop acting like a child and treat others (including their stuff) as you would want to be treated.

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

+1

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

With all due respect, people that act hat way are immature A holes and should be given a swift kick in the shorts for acting so juvenile.

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

+1 again
Bro, I'm not disagreeing with you, however the FACTS ARE THE FACTS. Rental vehicles have a much higher percentage of being greatly abused because thousands of people rent them which many are immature a holes who rag the ball snot out of them. Especially, a sports car.

Can someone get a great used vehicle from a rental company. SURE they can, its possible that the car wasn't abused. I personally wouldn't take that chance. I would not recommend anyone buying a sports car from a rental company. If you and anyone else want to take the chance, ROCK OUT BRO. The OP wanted opinions and in my opinion DON'T BUY! Fact is people tend to abuse rental vehicles. Fact, that's the reality of it. Fact, people can be very immature. Fact, people can be a holes. See the first fact I wrote! IT!

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMoney View Post
My car is a rental, and I love it.
Fantastic. How long have you had your mustang. How many miles were on it when you bought it from the rental company. What year is your mustang?
Old 08-02-2013, 09:19 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

If you read my earlier post, you saw that I did.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:20 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Bro, I'm not disagreeing with you, however the FACTS ARE THE FACTS. Rental vehicles have a much higher percentage of being greatly abused because thousands of people rent them which many are immature a holes who rag the ball snot out of them. Especially, a sports car.

Can someone get a great used vehicle from a rental company. SURE they can, its possible that the car wasn't abused. I personally wouldn't take that chance. I would not recommend anyone buying a sports car from a rental company. If you and anyone else want to take the chance, ROCK OUT BRO. The OP wanted opinions and in my opinion DON'T BUY IT!
I'm an immature a hole that gets satisfaction by beating on rental cars.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:22 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'm an immature a hole that gets satisfaction by beating on rental cars.
Lmao. You go brother. Let's rent one together. omg, my sides are killing me. This is the best thread!
Old 08-02-2013, 09:22 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Looks good also. Nice stripes!
Old 08-02-2013, 09:23 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Great. What year is your stang? How may miles did it have on it when you bought it from the rental company?
Old 08-02-2013, 09:24 PM   #92
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue

Great. What year is your stang? How may miles did it have on it when you bought it from the rental company?
2002. 12k miles. Sold it in 08 with over 100k.
Our's:
Old 08-02-2013, 09:25 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post

2002. 12k miles. Sold it in 08 with over 100k.
Why did you sell at 100k just curious? Can someone get a good used vehicle from a rental company. Sure they can. I just wouldn't take the chance
Old 08-02-2013, 09:26 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Looks good also. Nice stripes!
Thanks. Had them custom made by ProMotorStripes.com.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:26 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Why did you sell at 100k just curious?
Did you read what he does to his cars!!!!!! Lmao!! Jk jk.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:27 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Did you read what he does to his cars!!!!!! Lmao!!
No, what does he do to his cars?
Old 08-02-2013, 09:29 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Here is my earlier post again:

I bought my 2012 V6 Grabber Blue convertible the end of March off a dealer lot. The car was a rental. It had less than 12,000 miles on it. It was Ford Certified with a 7 yr / 100,000 mile power train, 4 yr / 48 month bumper to bumper warranty. This is not a third party warranty, it is a Ford warranty, a better warranty than purchasing a brand new car. I figured if anything was obviously wrong with it due to abuse, I would find out way before the warranty runs out. I have put another 5,000 miles on it with absolutely no issues, and have no regrets buying it. I was very leery about buying a rental when I first started looking, but after talking to a few people and researching the Internet, I felt that with this particular car and warranty I was very comfortable doing it. Trying to find a used Mustang convertible on a dealer lot that's only a year or two old, it's probably going to be a rental.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:29 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Best thread ever!!! Everyone's being cool!
Old 08-02-2013, 09:32 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

I really hope you two get in a wreck next time you drive like tools in someone else's car. Hopefully that will teach you a lesson.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:34 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I really hope you two get in a wreck next time you drive like tools in someone else's car. Hopefully that will teach you a lesson.
That's not nice! I don't want anyone to get hurt! That's just stupid! I hope a bird ****s on your car!
Old 08-02-2013, 09:35 PM   #101
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue

Why did you sell at 100k just curious? Can someone get a good used vehicle from a rental company. Sure they can. I just wouldn't take the chance
I bought my 03 cobra. I then had a 87 ranger stx, 90 lx mustang, 02 v6, 03 cobra and a work truck. Something had to go. I sold it to a friend who drove it for two years before selling to another friend who still has it. Still nothing beside normal maintenance.
Our's:
Old 08-02-2013, 09:35 PM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That's not nice! I don't want anyone to get hurt! That's just stupid!
Lol. Just hurt enough to grow up. Nothing too serious.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:36 PM   #103
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllTRADEMARKlll
At least the wreck won't cost me anything...
Our's:
Old 08-02-2013, 09:39 PM   #104
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I think that's what people and myself are getting at. If the person is fine with what they are buying than go for it! Warranties are piece of mind. We are all just giving our opinions.

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

The house analogy is probably not the best comparison to a newer rental car.
I guess I will take this opportunity now to say that my house analogy wasn't meant to be an apples to apples comparison. The point I was trying to make is that we gather as much information about something that we can and then make decisions based on how comfortable we feel. A home purchase is a much bigger deal than a car purchase, and if we are able to pull the trigger on something that affect so many parts of our lives such as a home, that deciding whether or not we are comfortable purchasing a rental car or not should be much easier.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:40 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol. Just hurt enough to grow up. Nothing too serious.
Thx, maybe they can fix it up and you could buy it?

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

Quote:

I guess I will take this opportunity now to say that my house analogy wasn't meant to be an apples to apples comparison. The point I was trying to make is that we gather as much information about something that we can and then make decisions based on how comfortable we feel. A home purchase is a much bigger deal than a car purchase, and if we are able to pull the trigger on something that affect so many parts of our lives such as a home, that deciding whether or not we are comfortable purchasing a rental car or not should be much easier.
Fair enough, well said!
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang