Buying a 2013 rental conv??? - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-02-2013, 09:43 PM   #106
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post

Thx, maybe they can fix it up and you could buy it?

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

Fair enough, well said!
No. That wreck will show up on the car fax. I don't buy wrecked cars. Lol. Just heavily abused ones.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2013, 09:46 PM   #107
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllTRADEMARKlll

No. That wreck will show up on the car fax. I don't buy wrecked cars. Lol. Just heavily abused ones.
Two of my wrecks in the 02 aren't on the carfax... Don't blindly trust the internet.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
Old 08-02-2013, 09:48 PM   #108
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllTRADEMARKlll View Post

Lol, good one! Glad we all can throw it back and forth. Its all just fun but the op might not b to impressed! Sorry op!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2013, 10:04 PM   #109
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by drukkosz View Post
So the question now is white or grey? lol
If both cars are completely equal when you go look at them and color is the only thing that plays into your decision, I guess I would pick the color that you have ideas on how you would want to stripe it the most. Even if you don't want to stripe it now, you might change your mind later.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:41 PM   #110

Region: Ohio
Oh boy, looks like I opened a Pandora box
Thank you all for your opinion, I do appreciate it. I guess I will just go there and carefully inspect both of them. I know a little about cars (restored my 68 mustang) so we will see how it goes.
I will keep you all updated.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:04 PM   #111
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by drukkosz View Post
Oh boy, looks like I opened a Pandora box
Thank you all for your opinion, I do appreciate it. I guess I will just go there and carefully inspect both of them. I know a little about cars (restored my 68 mustang) so we will see how it goes.
I will keep you all updated.
Good luck sir and godspeed . Clearly your an educated person and can make a decision best suited for you. Just be aware that all may look fine at the time you buy it but you really have no idea on how the car was treated by all the customers who rented that vehicle. If you can get a warranty up to 100k miles great, however don't start modding that bad boy such as performance tuners and other power enhancements because there goes your 100k warranty. Its a crap shoot with a high percentage that people really put a beating on a sports car. Or , perhaps it was babied by the customers that rented them and it will be a great deal for you.

I personally prefer new because that way I no exactly how the car was driven and cared for. I purchased my 11 mustang right from the dealer with 26 miles on it..Those 26 miles could of been hard miles made by Ford employees but that's it.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:04 PM   #112
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

Fantastic. How long have you had your mustang. How many miles were on it when you bought it from the rental company. What year is your mustang?
12,231 miles and it is a 2012

Old 08-02-2013, 11:08 PM   #113
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMoney View Post
12,231 miles and it is a 2012
Hopefully , customers of that rental company didnt beat the dog ***** out of those 12,231 miles because down the road that may effect its engine and transmission. Hopefully, you will have your car 150k miles or longer with no major issues. Lol
Old 08-03-2013, 12:22 AM   #114
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Hopefully , customers of that rental company didnt beat the dog ***** out of those 12,231 miles because down the road that may effect its engine and transmission. Hopefully, you will have your car 150k miles or longer with no major issues. Lol
Ya I mean I'm probably going to sell it in about 4 to 5 years and get a used GT, I also got it ford certified so I have about 60 to 70,000 miles on the bumper to bumper.

Old 08-03-2013, 12:28 AM   #115
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ya I mean I'm probably going to sell it in about 4 to 5 years and get a used GT, I also got it ford certified so I have about 60 to 70,000 miles on the bumper to bumper.
Well then, your good to go because you have a warranty. So , your not modding with power additives?
Old 08-03-2013, 12:48 AM   #116
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Well then, your good to go because you have a warranty. So , your not modding with power additives?
Lol You have no idea how much I want to, but I am getting some axle-backs, new set of wheels, and maybe a K&N Drop in Filter. The new sixers already have 305 ponies under the hood, so they are already pretty fun to drive. Although I wouldn't mind a Bama 93H tune, but I'm to big of a chicken to do that and then have it ruin the warranty.

Old 08-03-2013, 01:26 AM   #117
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol You have no idea how much I want to, but I am getting some axle-backs, new set of wheels, and maybe a K&N Drop in Filter. The new sixers already have 305 ponies under the hood, so they are already pretty fun to drive. Although I wouldn't mind a Bama 93H tune, but I'm to big of a chicken to do that and then have it ruin the warranty.
I hear ya on that. Just wait until the warranty runs out and then begin modding.
Old 08-03-2013, 04:37 AM   #118
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
I just took a 2014 v6 premium from Vegas to Buffalo and back. Did I go 90+ in Utah with a few 0-100 at rest stops? Maaaaybe. But I wouldn't say I ragged it out. If you think a one owner car wouldn't pop it just as much you have to be delirious. If its the car you want, and you can afford it,then buy it.
Old 08-03-2013, 06:14 AM   #119
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I would say, do it. To save $14,000 is a good deal.

We all know you can't do brake stand burnouts with the 13 + Mustangs with automatic transmissions. Just saying...........................
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
Old 08-03-2013, 06:35 AM   #120
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

My guess is there are a lot of us rental car owners out here. If you bought a late model V6 convertible from a dealer, it's probably a rental. You can tell if you CarFaxed it. I've put my MagnaFlow Street Series axle-backs on, but other than that I don't plan on modding mine either while my 7/100 warranty is still in place. And that's not really because it is a rental, it's just because for me that would be a poor financial decision if something were to happen. I've got 5 vehicles to maintain, 4 of which are high mileage with no warranties, I'd rather not have a 5th if I can help it. I'm the type of person that keeps my fun cars. I have had my '79 T/A since 1989, and my '95 T/A convertible since 2003. I don't just get rid of them after a few years. This is my first Mustang, and I already feel the same way about this car and I have only had it since March.
Old 08-03-2013, 06:43 AM   #121
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
My 99 explorer sport was a rental/fleet car for its early years, couldn't have asked for better maintenance from a private party and they had service records! Now this is a daily rental and not an early lease termination? Like said before $14k does a lot of repairs so as long as there is a certified extended warranty there's nothing to really worry about (if you don't mind an auto ). Good luck and try to keep your head put if the clouds during the inspection
Old 08-03-2013, 09:19 AM   #122
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony_Boy View Post
My 99 explorer sport was a rental/fleet car for its early years, couldn't have asked for better maintenance from a private party and they had service records! Now this is a daily rental and not an early lease termination? Like said before $14k does a lot of repairs so as long as there is a certified extended warranty there's nothing to really worry about (if you don't mind an auto ). Good luck and try to keep your head put if the clouds during the inspection
If you get a 100k mile warranty on it, then your golden. If you can go seven years without doing power modifications, more power to ya. I thought the same thing when I bought my new stang. I don't need to modify it. Well that lasted all of six months and let the mods begin. Lol.

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

Quote:

Yeah, I thought the same exact thing when I first bought my mustang. 305 ponies under the hood , plenty of power and fun to drive. That lasted me all of 6 months and the mods began. First it was an aftermarket exhaust, then performance tuner and CAI, followed up with 3:73 gears, headers and one piece aluminium driveshaft. 305 HP heck no I want more. Lmao
Old 08-03-2013, 10:19 AM   #123
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

If you get a 100k mile warranty on it, then your golden. If you can go seven years without doing power modifications, more power to ya. I thought the same thing when I bought my new stang. I don't need to modify it. Well that lasted all of six months and let the mods begin. Lol.

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

Yeah, I thought the same exact thing when I first bought my mustang. 305 ponies under the hood , plenty of power and fun to drive. That lasted me all of 6 months and the mods began. First it was an aftermarket exhaust, then performance tuner and CAI, followed up with 3:73 gears, headers and one piece aluminium driveshaft. 305 HP heck no I want more. Lmao
it's way too addicting bro.
Old 08-03-2013, 10:58 AM   #124
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 stang22 View Post

it's way too addicting bro.
Yes, it actually is. My wife thinks I need help. Lol. The mustang is just one of those vehicles that you can't help wanting to modify cosmetic as well as power enhancements. If someone can wait 100k miles before doing power mods, they have discipline. I didn't go 5k miles before the mods started. There possibly went my 5 year 60k mile powertrain warranty. Oh well. The mod bug hit me.

The key is not to start modding. Not even an aftermarket exhaust system because even that can be the beginning to the end of your 100k mile warranty on your rental stang.
Old 08-03-2013, 11:07 AM   #125
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Um I dont know where you get those rental rates at but when my stang was in the shop I was given the option to rent another stang.....one was convert. for $45/day through enterprise. My insurance paid for $35/day so I would have to pay the difference. I said hell no just give me a regular car. I would NEVER buy a rental. People rag the hell out of them and that is exactly what I would of done too!
Old 08-03-2013, 11:09 AM   #126
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangchassy View Post
Um I dont know where you get those rental rates at but when my stang was in the shop I was given the option to rent another stang.....one was convert. for $45/day through enterprise. My insurance paid for $35/day so I would have to pay the difference. I said hell no just give me a regular car. I would NEVER buy a rental. People rag the hell out of them and that is exactly what I would of done too!
Thank you. That's what a few of us were saying! Lol! Another person with good realistic views.
Old 08-03-2013, 11:10 AM   #127
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Thank you. That's what a few of us were saying! Lol! Another person with good realistic views.
Lmao!
Old 08-03-2013, 11:11 AM   #128
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post

Lmao!
Bro, I love this thread.
Old 08-03-2013, 11:13 AM   #129
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Bro, I love this thread.
I'm still laughing from last night! Dude so f'in funny! Best EVER!
Old 08-03-2013, 11:14 AM   #130
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:

Exactly LOL. Also keep in mind buying a rental car will lower your trade in value when and if you decide to trade it in eventually too.
Old 08-03-2013, 11:18 AM   #131
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

Yes, it actually is. My wife thinks I need help. Lol. The mustang is just one of those vehicles that you can't help wanting to modify cosmetic as well as power enhancements. If someone can wait 100k miles before doing power mods, they have discipline. I didn't go 5k miles before the mods started. There possibly went my 5 year 60k mile powertrain warranty. Oh well. The mod bug hit me.

The key is not to start modding. Not even an aftermarket exhaust system because even that can be the beginning to the end of your 100k mile warranty on your rental stang.
my first mod was a tune and I did that at 2500 miles! lmao
Old 08-03-2013, 11:19 AM   #132
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
You can get a lemon in a brand new car

I'm sure that the Lincoln dealer checked out the Mustang before it was put on their lot for sale.
From what you guys are saying :::"EVERYBODY THAT RENTS A CAR "" is out to totally destroy it before returning it back to the rental company. Everybody that rents a 3.7 V6 Mustang convertible just does it to beat it to death. I guess you are saying that every single rental car ever used to rent out has been beat to death.

Then the Ford, Lincoln, GM, Toyota or any other dealer just can't wait to buy them from the rental company's and sell them on their car lots just knowing they have been fully abused.

The next time I go to Las Vegas and rent a car I'm really going to worry that it will fall apart while driving through the red Rocks or across the desert because it has been so abused it is not reliable anymore.

Ronnie
Old 08-03-2013, 11:23 AM   #133
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangchassy View Post
Shop rate and market location can affect pricing tremendously. I have seen it at 125.00 (in SF) and about 44.00 here in ABQ.
Old 08-03-2013, 11:32 AM   #134
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
I'm sure that the Lincoln dealer checked out the Mustang before it was put on their lot for sale.
From what you guys are saying :::"EVERYBODY THAT RENTS A CAR "" is out to totally destroy it before returning it back to the rental company. Everybody that rents a 3.7 V6 Mustang convertible just does it to beat it to death. I guess you are saying that every single rental car ever used to rent out has been beat to death.

Then the Ford, Lincoln, GM, Toyota or any other dealer just can't wait to buy them from the rental company's and sell them on their car lots just knowing they have been fully abused.

The next time I go to Las Vegas and rent a car I'm really going to worry that it will fall apart while driving through the red Rocks or across the desert because it has been so abused it is not reliable anymore.

Ronnie
I agree that it's far fetched to say, "ALL". It's a business risk. If they look like a turd, they probably send them off to the auction. It costs the dealer money to sell them. I assume (not know, or presume to know) that they consider the problems with a questionable car that may end up costing them money after the sale. I know I would. Especially when warranty work books at 3/5th in some cases. That's shop time that I am not make 100% on.

Some are bad and end up being warranty nightmares, some are good. I know of a person that rented a car for almost 16 straight months. Put a ton of miles on it and never abused it. They just didn't. It's more about how a person is wired. If they are that kind of person...they'll horsebeat anything.
New, used rental, one owner trade, private sale, etc...all have risk. Warranties offset some of that risk, but not all.
Old 08-03-2013, 11:36 AM   #135
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
New cars have major problems too. My father just bought a 2013 focus. 1200 miles and its getting a,new transmission.

Just luck sometimes.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
Old 08-03-2013, 11:37 AM   #136
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ronnie
We are not saying EVERYBODY who rents a car beats it to death. We actually were saying that "example" out of the five people that were discussing the subject 3 of the five beat on them. That's a 60% average and is just reality.
Old 08-03-2013, 11:45 AM   #137
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ronnie
Not every renter will beat on it but a large portion will and those will run the ball snot out of it.
Old 08-03-2013, 11:54 AM   #138
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Not every renter will beat on it but a large portion will and those will run the ball snot out of it.
I can't wait to rent a manual so my wife can beat the ****ing **** out of that transmission while she learns stick! I'll be nice and post the Vin # so you guys can stay far away from it when it goes up for sale! I'm sure she will make me proud. Lol.
Old 08-03-2013, 12:03 PM   #139
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ronnie
If my car was that badly beaten and abused for it's first 12,000 miles, why would Ford agree to put a 7/100 powertrain 4/48 bumper to bumper warranty on it. I did look at another dealer that had a good selection of Mustang ragtops. I didn't even talk to a salesman. Why? Not Ford Certified.
Old 08-03-2013, 12:05 PM   #140
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post

If my car was that badly beaten and abused for it's first 12,000 miles, why would Ford agree to put a 7/100 powertrain 4/48 bumper to bumper warranty on it. I did look at another dealer that had a good selection of Mustang ragtops. I didn't even talk to a salesman. Why? Not Ford Certified.
That's excellent coverage and good choice to buy ford certified.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang