Bama Tuner Major Issues - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-13-2014, 02:06 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEvermore View Post
Here is an update:

Received the overnight shipment of replacement tuner (SCT SF3) already loaded with Street, Performance, and I opted for Hybrid tune with limiter unlocked (I have upgraded drive shaft and tires) thinking that might do a bit better for me at autocross than Race. I like the idea of a bit more power at the lower end of the RPM range in any case.

Restored my car back to factory tune (to free me up from the Diablo InTune) and then loaded up the SCT. I don't have a track to really push it, but it worked very well and met my expectations over an hour long test drive at various street speeds and driving conditions. The SCT tuner doesn't have the fancy touch screen and small size, but I'll take reliability any day.

I'm pretty happy with the new tune and tuner right now. I'm excited to test out my modded car Saturday! If all goes well, next month it will on to the big track driving event at the IA Speedway!

Thanks AM and Bama!

DE

WOW! Dude this may sound wired but I'm so relieved that I found this thread. Currently I'm going through the same situation you went through. EXACTLY the same! At the moment, I have a bbk throttle body, airaid intake, and 3.73 gears. I also had that diablo in-tuner and it made my car react so bad. I'm currently on a stock tune but when I uploaded a tune with that diablo tuner, the speedometer wouldn't work and the car took off all on it's on. It took off, like if someone was red lining it! I also called AM and they told me they never have heard a story like mine. I'll be receiving the SCT tuner tomorrow afternoon and I'm hoping this solves my issues. How did your car react with the SCT tuner? How's your car right now?
bryan001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2014, 10:11 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan001 View Post
WOW! Dude this may sound wired but I'm so relieved that I found this thread. Currently I'm going through the same situation you went through. EXACTLY the same! At the moment, I have a bbk throttle body, airaid intake, and 3.73 gears. I also had that diablo in-tuner and it made my car react so bad. I'm currently on a stock tune but when I uploaded a tune with that diablo tuner, the speedometer wouldn't work and the car took off all on it's on. It took off, like if someone was red lining it! I also called AM and they told me they never have heard a story like mine. I'll be receiving the SCT tuner tomorrow afternoon and I'm hoping this solves my issues. How did your car react with the SCT tuner? How's your car right now?
Perfect! The SCT tuner is larger, doesn't have the nice color touch screen interface and all, but it works absolutely perfectly for me so far. That said, I haven't used all the features it provides, which I think line up with the Diablo InTune's features. I also haven't loaded a different tune since winter set in (still too often below 40F, so my selected tune is the more sedate Street on stock tires, not summers). But I'll soon be taking advantage of Bama's life-time tunes guarantee since sadly, 93 octane is no longer available here and I'll need to get new performance, race, and hybrid tunes that can use 91.

I totally understand about what you are going through. Scary when a tune messes up that badly, scarier still when your car is new and you don't know what a bad tune might do to your car -- or you. Hope you didn't have to perform the role of test pilot 9 times. Once is enough, eh?

However, with the right tool -- and for our '13 and newer V6s, the Diablo is NOT IT in my opinion -- the Bama tunes are really great.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:47 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Perfect! The SCT tuner is larger, doesn't have the nice color touch screen interface and all, but it works absolutely perfectly for me so far. That said, I haven't used all the features it provides, which I think line up with the Diablo InTune's features. I also haven't loaded a different tune since winter set in (still too often below 40F, so my selected tune is the more sedate Street on stock tires, not summers). But I'll soon be taking advantage of Bama's life-time tunes guarantee since sadly, 93 octane is no longer available here and I'll need to get new performance, race, and hybrid tunes that can use 91.

I totally understand about what you are going through. Scary when a tune messes up that badly, scarier still when your car is new and you don't know what a bad tune might do to your car -- or you. Hope you didn't have to perform the role of test pilot 9 times. Once is enough, eh?

However, with the right tool -- and for our '13 and newer V6s, the Diablo is NOT IT in my opinion -- the Bama tunes are really great.

Bro tell me about! This thing was acting so reckless. I tuned it twice with the diablo but that was it. I wasn't trying to kill anybody. Lol well I can't wait to see how my car reacts to this tuner. How's your mpg btw?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2014, 10:57 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Bro tell me about! This thing was acting so reckless. I tuned it twice with the diablo but that was it. I wasn't trying to kill anybody. Lol well I can't wait to see how my car reacts to this tuner. How's your mpg btw?
With my setup on a street tune and careful driving I get about 24 on the interstate at just a bit more than 70 or 25 to 26 on the highway at just a couple over 55. This about 5 mpg lower than with stock/2.73 setup.

City driving is very, very subjective. We have as many frigging stop lights as dandelions along the road in my town and I spend almost half the time sitting at one. That said I get about 17 mpg in town with this setup -- which is about 2 mpg better than I had on 2.73 gears and stock setup.

I checked the computer last time I was at the small track (last fall, cold rainy day) but totally forgot to write it down. Driving hard up to the red line for about 21 laps made me curious how fast I was drinking 93 octane fuel. I want to say it was about 12 mpg then, but my memory isn't the best.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:35 AM   #40
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
bryan001,

I'm truly sorry to hear about the issues and strange symptoms your Mustang is experiencing. It sounds like you're already being taken care of through the Bama Team though. Which is great, I'm sure they'll have you setup with the new tuner in no time.

If for any reason at all you could use additional assistance or concerns. Please feel free to contact me via PM. I'd be happy to help!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:59 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
With my setup on a street tune and careful driving I get about 24 on the interstate at just a bit more than 70 or 25 to 26 on the highway at just a couple over 55. This about 5 mpg lower than with stock/2.73 setup.

City driving is very, very subjective. We have as many frigging stop lights as dandelions along the road in my town and I spend almost half the time sitting at one. That said I get about 17 mpg in town with this setup -- which is about 2 mpg better than I had on 2.73 gears and stock setup.

I checked the computer last time I was at the small track (last fall, cold rainy day) but totally forgot to write it down. Driving hard up to the red line for about 21 laps made me curious how fast I was drinking 93 octane fuel. I want to say it was about 12 mpg then, but my memory isn't the best.

Ohh ok then. Well thanks a lot for sharing your information bro. It was really helpful.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:02 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
bryan001,

I'm truly sorry to hear about the issues and strange symptoms your Mustang is experiencing. It sounds like you're already being taken care of through the Bama Team though. Which is great, I'm sure they'll have you setup with the new tuner in no time.

If for any reason at all you could use additional assistance or concerns. Please feel free to contact me via PM. I'd be happy to help!

Shane

Sup Shane, well yeah, Bama was able to send me a new tuner which arrives today in the afternoon. I'm hoping this solves my issues with this crazy car. Before tuning, is there any tips u could recommend?
Old 03-13-2014, 01:09 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwinship View Post
I had an issue that may be similar. I have a 2010 V6 and bought the JLT CAI and SCT tuner combo. Installed the CAI and tuned the car with the 87P tune on August 2nd. On the 3rd, just to play a little, I floored it just to feel it and when I let up, it kept accelerating! I laid on the brake and it still kept going! I had to turn off the key to stop it. After restarting, it seemed to drive normally again but now I'm afraid to floor it. Had to leave town right after that and never got the chance to go back to stock. Now I'm in Louisiana and the car's in Miami so I've had to warn the g/f to be careful until I can take care of it.

Not real sure it's the tune, tho. I had it happen another time when it was completely stock. Maybe there's a problem with the stock tune that may have carried over to the new tune? Can it do that? I thought everything got wiped before the new tune goes on? My only mods are the tune and the CAI, so far.

Was also wondering: Can a tune affect the operation of the A/C? It was working perfectly until I tuned the car. Now, it makes a clicking noise when I start the car and blows cool, not cold, on the passenger side and warm on the driver's side.
Tunes cannot 'carry over', it may be a mechanical issue. I'd get looked at ASAP. For your A/C issues, that has nothing to do with changing the tune. It's actually a common problem I've had happen in both of my Mustangs that Ford has to replace. It must of happened around the same time you chose to tune your Mustang.

Lastly, the 2010 V6 has the 4.0 liter motor and the 2011+ have the 3.7 liter motor.
Old 03-14-2014, 01:05 PM   #44
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Sup Shane, well yeah, Bama was able to send me a new tuner which arrives today in the afternoon. I'm hoping this solves my issues with this crazy car. Before tuning, is there any tips u could recommend?
Sounds good! There aren't any particular tips you'll need. Everything is very straight forward. Here's the instructions on how to load tunes to your SF3 for the future, you'll see it's quite simple. I'm sure your new SF3 will come preloaded with the Bama custom tunes before it's shipped.

Hit me up if you have any other questions or concerns!

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 03-14-2014, 04:03 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
<snip>
In April I purchased 3:73 gears, CAI, and Diablo InTune tuner with tunes from AM. Gears are awesome, CAI perfect. No issues there. The problem is entirely with the tunes. I needed it because you can't use stock tunes with 3:73 gears on a V6 -- period. Plus tunes were cool, right? Not so much. This is why.
,/snip/
Yes I know very old post...
Get the SCT tuner, I was sucked into the Diablo as well and AM let me return it for an SCT with the trouble I was having with it. Seems like AM is getting you a one also.
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 04:18 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Sounds good! There aren't any particular tips you'll need. Everything is very straight forward. Here's the instructions on how to load tunes to your SF3 for the future, you'll see it's quite simple. I'm sure your new SF3 will come preloaded with the Bama custom tunes before it's shipped.

Hit me up if you have any other questions or concerns!

Shane

Shane:
So I uploaded yesterday a 91P and everything is very normal now except one thing: my idling fluctuation. It's a small fluctuation under 1k. It moves and then finally it sets itself at 900rpm. Right under 1k. I know this is happening cause when I installed the BBK TB, I didn't disconnect the battery. Yes a dumb move by my part. I know there's a idle relearn process but I did that already. Where should I go from here? Should I keep doing the test? Or is there something I can try to help out my idle. Thanks for the help/support.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:10 PM   #47
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Shane:
So I uploaded yesterday a 91P and everything is very normal now except one thing: my idling fluctuation. It's a small fluctuation under 1k. It moves and then finally it sets itself at 900rpm. Right under 1k. I know this is happening cause when I installed the BBK TB, I didn't disconnect the battery. Yes a dumb move by my part. I know there's a idle relearn process but I did that already. Where should I go from here? Should I keep doing the test? Or is there something I can try to help out my idle. Thanks for the help/support.
Hey Bryan,

When you did the idle-relearn test, did you disconnect the battery then? Or has the battery never been disconnected since the tune was loaded?

You have a 11-14 v6 with the BBK 73mm TB correct? Could you send me your First/Last name and shipping address via email? I'll get this taken care of for you with the Bama Team!

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 03-17-2014, 05:41 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hey Bryan,

When you did the idle-relearn test, did you disconnect the battery then? Or has the battery never been disconnected since the tune was loaded?

You have a 11-14 v6 with the BBK 73mm TB correct? Could you send me your First/Last name and shipping address via email? I'll get this taken care of for you with the Bama Team!

Shane

Shane:

Since I uploaded the 91P tune, I haven't disconnected the battery. Sounds good Shane I'll do that right now. Can I get your email address?
Old 03-18-2014, 01:41 PM   #49
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Shane:

Since I uploaded the 91P tune, I haven't disconnected the battery. Sounds good Shane I'll do that right now. Can I get your email address?
Sure thing buddy! I just sent you a PM. Please don't forget to send me your First/Last name and shipping address. I want to get this taken care of ASAP!

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 05-05-2014, 11:06 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Man... Scary.... I have a 2014 mustang V6 Premium.. Bbk intake and axel back pype bombs.. Was gonna buy a tune because I feel like my car lost some of low rpm power.. I'll hit my gas to take off and sometimes I feel a lag before any power kicks in.. But after hearing all these stories I am reluctant to tune my ride..
Jaylg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 11:31 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaylg86 View Post
Man... Scary.... I have a 2014 mustang V6 Premium.. Bbk intake and axel back pype bombs.. Was gonna buy a tune because I feel like my car lost some of low rpm power.. I'll hit my gas to take off and sometimes I feel a lag before any power kicks in.. But after hearing all these stories I am reluctant to tune my ride..
There just stories bro. Truth is, performance tunes have never been more safe and go with an experienced tuning company and you won't have issues. Don't go to some random crack head performance guy down the street. Go with a big name company and you will be fine.

The factory tune sucks donkey balls. It sucks a$$ bro. A performance tune transforms that crappy factory tune into a beast. Start out with bama bro. Then as you progress with mods get off your money and drop 75 dollars on a MPT tune which is a beast. Also, stick with bama because they are freaking great company who is the worlds leader in tuning bolt on mustangs
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 11:46 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Appreciate the advise I will likely buy my tuner next week through AM
Old 05-05-2014, 11:53 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Appreciate the advise I will likely buy my tuner next week through AM
Smart decision young grasshopper. Much to learn but the force is strong with you. I can feel it and remember.. MOD THAT B- OTCH OUT, BRO. ha ha ha
Old 05-06-2014, 08:25 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Just another quick vote in favor of Bama here. Although my experience was bumpy starting out, I'll be the first to point out that I was using a new type of tuner at the time (the Diablo InTune touch screen) and it just wasn't working for me. However, since Bama switched me over to the SCT tuner, it's been smooth sailing and happy days! They really are great and the tunes for life deal is not to be underestimated, especially if you enjoy changing things up on your car!
Old 05-06-2014, 09:33 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I'm glad to hear you were able to solve the problems! I just received my tuner about last week, and man does it transform the car. I might request for the hybrid tune now, so many great feedback on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
Old 05-06-2014, 09:46 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondUno View Post
I'm glad to hear you were able to solve the problems! I just received my tuner about last week, and man does it transform the car. I might request for the hybrid tune now, so many great feedback on it.

I pretty sure bama is no longer offering the hybrid tune. Bama revamped all their tunes and if I'm not mistaken, there now race tune is like the hybrid tune.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:53 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
That sucks, guess I'll have to try the race tune!

Old 05-06-2014, 10:13 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondUno View Post
That sucks, guess I'll have to try the race tune!

Apparently, their new race tune is even better than the hybrid tune!
Old 05-06-2014, 10:15 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Apparently, their new race tune is even better than the hybrid tune!
Do u know when the new tunes happened?

2013 V6, Candy Apple Metallic.
Gt500 spoiler, Gt500 stripes,2010 Gt premium wheels, Pirelli tires,Painted side mirrors covers,Upper and lower black billet grille,Pony projection lights,Boss 302 strut tower brace, SR lowering springs, Barton shifter bracket,Airaid Cai,Bama tuned,BBK shorty headers,Roush AB, 3.73 Ford racing gears.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 10:22 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post

Do u know when the new tunes happened?

2013 V6, Candy Apple Metallic.
Gt500 spoiler, Gt500 stripes,2010 Gt premium wheels, Pirelli tires,Painted side mirrors covers,Upper and lower black billet grille,Pony projection lights,Boss 302 strut tower brace, SR lowering springs, Barton shifter bracket,Airaid Cai,Bama tuned,BBK shorty headers,Roush AB, 3.73 Ford racing gears.
If my memory serves me correct, Dan had mentioned this a few times on some threads I had been talking with him. Dan mentioned the hybrid tune was being phased out which this was maybe 2 months ago and the all the tunes were tweaked and improved.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:53 PM   #61

Thats strange my 03 v6 BBk CAI, pypes true dual exhaust and the bama tuner, its an automatic I get 32 highway running the 91 street tune, and running 70mph

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

My bama tuner really woke my mustang up not gona lie

graybill20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 06:18 AM   #62
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by graybill20 View Post
Thats strange my 03 v6 BBk CAI, pypes true dual exhaust and the bama tuner, its an automatic I get 32 highway running the 91 street tune, and running 70mph

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

My bama tuner really woke my mustang up not gona lie

What rear gear setup do you have?
Old 05-07-2014, 07:05 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If my memory serves me correct, Dan had mentioned this a few times on some threads I had been talking with him. Dan mentioned the hybrid tune was being phased out which this was maybe 2 months ago and the all the tunes were tweaked and improved.
Did he also mention how he's gonna distribute the new tunes? like do we have to call/email Bama or they will send em to us

I would love to try out new tunes
Old 05-07-2014, 08:49 AM   #64

I just got the car I really dont know if its geared or not, I believe its 3:27 Wichita I believe is stock, but I think my car is posi not sure its latest 2 black marks last time I did a break job, and it has a aluminum diff cover

Old 05-07-2014, 09:19 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I received the Hybrid Tune within the last month. It works very well.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:21 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Bama has no clue on the stuff they send out. They make dumb excuses.

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:36 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Borii
All these idle surges in this thread, I noticed many of you have Throttle body upgrades. This can often causes glaring issues in low speed/low rpm driveabiltiy. I had to get a dyno tune to solve my idle surges with my Ford Racing Throttle Body.

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 03:14 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Do you have an automatic? They make the car less responsive over time. So you can pull fuse 47 on passanger side fuse box under hood (search it here, "fuse 47") each Friday after work for 15mins, or get a tune that removes the automatic adaptive sluggishness...err "Adaptive learning". Most tunes pull that out. I pulled the fuse every week for months before I bought a tuner on my past V6/Auto
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 04:48 PM   #69

I have an automatic its only sluggish in the beginning, but mine is tuned and never drove a stock until tuned car so idk if its sluggish or not

Old 05-08-2014, 03:57 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

So I was looking into pulling the fuse 47 thingy and my car dosnt have a fuse 47.. Unless I'm looking for the wrong thing.. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1399582658.980188.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	833.6 KB
ID:	156300

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang