Bama Tuner Major Issues - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-13-2014, 02:06 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
bryan001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEvermore View Post
Here is an update:



Received the overnight shipment of replacement tuner (SCT SF3) already loaded with Street, Performance, and I opted for Hybrid tune with limiter unlocked (I have upgraded drive shaft and tires) thinking that might do a bit better for me at autocross than Race. I like the idea of a bit more power at the lower end of the RPM range in any case.



Restored my car back to factory tune (to free me up from the Diablo InTune) and then loaded up the SCT. I don't have a track to really push it, but it worked very well and met my expectations over an hour long test drive at various street speeds and driving conditions. The SCT tuner doesn't have the fancy touch screen and small size, but I'll take reliability any day.



I'm pretty happy with the new tune and tuner right now. I'm excited to test out my modded car Saturday! If all goes well, next month it will on to the big track driving event at the IA Speedway!



Thanks AM and Bama!

DE


WOW! Dude this may sound wired but I'm so relieved that I found this thread. Currently I'm going through the same situation you went through. EXACTLY the same! At the moment, I have a bbk throttle body, airaid intake, and 3.73 gears. I also had that diablo in-tuner and it made my car react so bad. I'm currently on a stock tune but when I uploaded a tune with that diablo tuner, the speedometer wouldn't work and the car took off all on it's on. It took off, like if someone was red lining it! I also called AM and they told me they never have heard a story like mine. I'll be receiving the SCT tuner tomorrow afternoon and I'm hoping this solves my issues. How did your car react with the SCT tuner? How's your car right now?
bryan001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-13-2014, 10:11 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
DEvermore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Iowa
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan001 View Post
WOW! Dude this may sound wired but I'm so relieved that I found this thread. Currently I'm going through the same situation you went through. EXACTLY the same! At the moment, I have a bbk throttle body, airaid intake, and 3.73 gears. I also had that diablo in-tuner and it made my car react so bad. I'm currently on a stock tune but when I uploaded a tune with that diablo tuner, the speedometer wouldn't work and the car took off all on it's on. It took off, like if someone was red lining it! I also called AM and they told me they never have heard a story like mine. I'll be receiving the SCT tuner tomorrow afternoon and I'm hoping this solves my issues. How did your car react with the SCT tuner? How's your car right now?
Perfect! The SCT tuner is larger, doesn't have the nice color touch screen interface and all, but it works absolutely perfectly for me so far. That said, I haven't used all the features it provides, which I think line up with the Diablo InTune's features. I also haven't loaded a different tune since winter set in (still too often below 40F, so my selected tune is the more sedate Street on stock tires, not summers). But I'll soon be taking advantage of Bama's life-time tunes guarantee since sadly, 93 octane is no longer available here and I'll need to get new performance, race, and hybrid tunes that can use 91.

I totally understand about what you are going through. Scary when a tune messes up that badly, scarier still when your car is new and you don't know what a bad tune might do to your car -- or you. Hope you didn't have to perform the role of test pilot 9 times. Once is enough, eh?

However, with the right tool -- and for our '13 and newer V6s, the Diablo is NOT IT in my opinion -- the Bama tunes are really great.
__________________
2017 GT350 w/electronics package.
DEvermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:47 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
bryan001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEvermore View Post
Perfect! The SCT tuner is larger, doesn't have the nice color touch screen interface and all, but it works absolutely perfectly for me so far. That said, I haven't used all the features it provides, which I think line up with the Diablo InTune's features. I also haven't loaded a different tune since winter set in (still too often below 40F, so my selected tune is the more sedate Street on stock tires, not summers). But I'll soon be taking advantage of Bama's life-time tunes guarantee since sadly, 93 octane is no longer available here and I'll need to get new performance, race, and hybrid tunes that can use 91.



I totally understand about what you are going through. Scary when a tune messes up that badly, scarier still when your car is new and you don't know what a bad tune might do to your car -- or you. Hope you didn't have to perform the role of test pilot 9 times. Once is enough, eh?



However, with the right tool -- and for our '13 and newer V6s, the Diablo is NOT IT in my opinion -- the Bama tunes are really great.


Bro tell me about! This thing was acting so reckless. I tuned it twice with the diablo but that was it. I wasn't trying to kill anybody. Lol well I can't wait to see how my car reacts to this tuner. How's your mpg btw?
bryan001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-13-2014, 10:57 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
DEvermore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Iowa
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan001 View Post
Bro tell me about! This thing was acting so reckless. I tuned it twice with the diablo but that was it. I wasn't trying to kill anybody. Lol well I can't wait to see how my car reacts to this tuner. How's your mpg btw?
With my setup on a street tune and careful driving I get about 24 on the interstate at just a bit more than 70 or 25 to 26 on the highway at just a couple over 55. This about 5 mpg lower than with stock/2.73 setup.

City driving is very, very subjective. We have as many frigging stop lights as dandelions along the road in my town and I spend almost half the time sitting at one. That said I get about 17 mpg in town with this setup -- which is about 2 mpg better than I had on 2.73 gears and stock setup.

I checked the computer last time I was at the small track (last fall, cold rainy day) but totally forgot to write it down. Driving hard up to the red line for about 21 laps made me curious how fast I was drinking 93 octane fuel. I want to say it was about 12 mpg then, but my memory isn't the best.
__________________
2017 GT350 w/electronics package.
DEvermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:35 AM   #40
Site Sponsor
Sponsor
 
AMWill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Malvern
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,171
bryan001,

I'm truly sorry to hear about the issues and strange symptoms your Mustang is experiencing. It sounds like you're already being taken care of through the Bama Team though. Which is great, I'm sure they'll have you setup with the new tuner in no time.

If for any reason at all you could use additional assistance or concerns. Please feel free to contact me via PM. I'd be happy to help!

Shane
__________________
Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:59 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
bryan001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEvermore View Post
With my setup on a street tune and careful driving I get about 24 on the interstate at just a bit more than 70 or 25 to 26 on the highway at just a couple over 55. This about 5 mpg lower than with stock/2.73 setup.



City driving is very, very subjective. We have as many frigging stop lights as dandelions along the road in my town and I spend almost half the time sitting at one. That said I get about 17 mpg in town with this setup -- which is about 2 mpg better than I had on 2.73 gears and stock setup.



I checked the computer last time I was at the small track (last fall, cold rainy day) but totally forgot to write it down. Driving hard up to the red line for about 21 laps made me curious how fast I was drinking 93 octane fuel. I want to say it was about 12 mpg then, but my memory isn't the best.

Ohh ok then. Well thanks a lot for sharing your information bro. It was really helpful.
bryan001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 01:02 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
bryan001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
bryan001,

I'm truly sorry to hear about the issues and strange symptoms your Mustang is experiencing. It sounds like you're already being taken care of through the Bama Team though. Which is great, I'm sure they'll have you setup with the new tuner in no time.

If for any reason at all you could use additional assistance or concerns. Please feel free to contact me via PM. I'd be happy to help!

Shane

Sup Shane, well yeah, Bama was able to send me a new tuner which arrives today in the afternoon. I'm hoping this solves my issues with this crazy car. Before tuning, is there any tips u could recommend?
bryan001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 01:09 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
2 Stangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Las Vegas
Region: Nevada
Posts: 2,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwinship View Post
I had an issue that may be similar. I have a 2010 V6 and bought the JLT CAI and SCT tuner combo. Installed the CAI and tuned the car with the 87P tune on August 2nd. On the 3rd, just to play a little, I floored it just to feel it and when I let up, it kept accelerating! I laid on the brake and it still kept going! I had to turn off the key to stop it. After restarting, it seemed to drive normally again but now I'm afraid to floor it. Had to leave town right after that and never got the chance to go back to stock. Now I'm in Louisiana and the car's in Miami so I've had to warn the g/f to be careful until I can take care of it.

Not real sure it's the tune, tho. I had it happen another time when it was completely stock. Maybe there's a problem with the stock tune that may have carried over to the new tune? Can it do that? I thought everything got wiped before the new tune goes on? My only mods are the tune and the CAI, so far.

Was also wondering: Can a tune affect the operation of the A/C? It was working perfectly until I tuned the car. Now, it makes a clicking noise when I start the car and blows cool, not cold, on the passenger side and warm on the driver's side.
Tunes cannot 'carry over', it may be a mechanical issue. I'd get looked at ASAP. For your A/C issues, that has nothing to do with changing the tune. It's actually a common problem I've had happen in both of my Mustangs that Ford has to replace. It must of happened around the same time you chose to tune your Mustang.

Lastly, the 2010 V6 has the 4.0 liter motor and the 2011+ have the 3.7 liter motor.
__________________
2010 GT Premium - Automatic - Torch Red
2 Stangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 01:05 PM   #44
Site Sponsor
Sponsor
 
AMWill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Malvern
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan001 View Post
Sup Shane, well yeah, Bama was able to send me a new tuner which arrives today in the afternoon. I'm hoping this solves my issues with this crazy car. Before tuning, is there any tips u could recommend?
Sounds good! There aren't any particular tips you'll need. Everything is very straight forward. Here's the instructions on how to load tunes to your SF3 for the future, you'll see it's quite simple. I'm sure your new SF3 will come preloaded with the Bama custom tunes before it's shipped.

Hit me up if you have any other questions or concerns!

Shane
__________________
Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 04:03 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
ArtU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NW Ohio
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEvermore View Post
<snip>
In April I purchased 3:73 gears, CAI, and Diablo InTune tuner with tunes from AM. Gears are awesome, CAI perfect. No issues there. The problem is entirely with the tunes. I needed it because you can't use stock tunes with 3:73 gears on a V6 -- period. Plus tunes were cool, right? Not so much. This is why.
,/snip/
Yes I know very old post...
Get the SCT tuner, I was sucked into the Diablo as well and AM let me return it for an SCT with the trouble I was having with it. Seems like AM is getting you a one also.
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 04:18 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
bryan001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
Sounds good! There aren't any particular tips you'll need. Everything is very straight forward. Here's the instructions on how to load tunes to your SF3 for the future, you'll see it's quite simple. I'm sure your new SF3 will come preloaded with the Bama custom tunes before it's shipped.



Hit me up if you have any other questions or concerns!



Shane



Shane:
So I uploaded yesterday a 91P and everything is very normal now except one thing: my idling fluctuation. It's a small fluctuation under 1k. It moves and then finally it sets itself at 900rpm. Right under 1k. I know this is happening cause when I installed the BBK TB, I didn't disconnect the battery. Yes a dumb move by my part. I know there's a idle relearn process but I did that already. Where should I go from here? Should I keep doing the test? Or is there something I can try to help out my idle. Thanks for the help/support.
bryan001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:10 PM   #47
Site Sponsor
Sponsor
 
AMWill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Malvern
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan001 View Post
Shane:
So I uploaded yesterday a 91P and everything is very normal now except one thing: my idling fluctuation. It's a small fluctuation under 1k. It moves and then finally it sets itself at 900rpm. Right under 1k. I know this is happening cause when I installed the BBK TB, I didn't disconnect the battery. Yes a dumb move by my part. I know there's a idle relearn process but I did that already. Where should I go from here? Should I keep doing the test? Or is there something I can try to help out my idle. Thanks for the help/support.
Hey Bryan,

When you did the idle-relearn test, did you disconnect the battery then? Or has the battery never been disconnected since the tune was loaded?

You have a 11-14 v6 with the BBK 73mm TB correct? Could you send me your First/Last name and shipping address via email? I'll get this taken care of for you with the Bama Team!

Shane
__________________
Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:41 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular
 
bryan001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
Hey Bryan,



When you did the idle-relearn test, did you disconnect the battery then? Or has the battery never been disconnected since the tune was loaded?



You have a 11-14 v6 with the BBK 73mm TB correct? Could you send me your First/Last name and shipping address via email? I'll get this taken care of for you with the Bama Team!



Shane

Shane:

Since I uploaded the 91P tune, I haven't disconnected the battery. Sounds good Shane I'll do that right now. Can I get your email address?
bryan001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:41 PM   #49
Site Sponsor
Sponsor
 
AMWill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Malvern
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan001 View Post
Shane:

Since I uploaded the 91P tune, I haven't disconnected the battery. Sounds good Shane I'll do that right now. Can I get your email address?
Sure thing buddy! I just sent you a PM. Please don't forget to send me your First/Last name and shipping address. I want to get this taken care of ASAP!

Shane
__________________
Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 11:06 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jaylg86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Harlingen
Region: Texas
Posts: 428
Man... Scary.... I have a 2014 mustang V6 Premium.. Bbk intake and axel back pype bombs.. Was gonna buy a tune because I feel like my car lost some of low rpm power.. I'll hit my gas to take off and sometimes I feel a lag before any power kicks in.. But after hearing all these stories I am reluctant to tune my ride..
Jaylg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 11:31 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaylg86 View Post
Man... Scary.... I have a 2014 mustang V6 Premium.. Bbk intake and axel back pype bombs.. Was gonna buy a tune because I feel like my car lost some of low rpm power.. I'll hit my gas to take off and sometimes I feel a lag before any power kicks in.. But after hearing all these stories I am reluctant to tune my ride..
There just stories bro. Truth is, performance tunes have never been more safe and go with an experienced tuning company and you won't have issues. Don't go to some random crack head performance guy down the street. Go with a big name company and you will be fine.

The factory tune sucks donkey balls. It sucks a$$ bro. A performance tune transforms that crappy factory tune into a beast. Start out with bama bro. Then as you progress with mods get off your money and drop 75 dollars on a MPT tune which is a beast. Also, stick with bama because they are freaking great company who is the worlds leader in tuning bolt on mustangs
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 11:46 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jaylg86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Harlingen
Region: Texas
Posts: 428
Appreciate the advise I will likely buy my tuner next week through AM
Jaylg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 11:53 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaylg86 View Post
Appreciate the advise I will likely buy my tuner next week through AM
Smart decision young grasshopper. Much to learn but the force is strong with you. I can feel it and remember.. MOD THAT B- OTCH OUT, BRO. ha ha ha
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:25 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular
 
DEvermore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Iowa
Posts: 106
Just another quick vote in favor of Bama here. Although my experience was bumpy starting out, I'll be the first to point out that I was using a new type of tuner at the time (the Diablo InTune touch screen) and it just wasn't working for me. However, since Bama switched me over to the SCT tuner, it's been smooth sailing and happy days! They really are great and the tunes for life deal is not to be underestimated, especially if you enjoy changing things up on your car!
__________________
2017 GT350 w/electronics package.
DEvermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:33 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular
 
BeyondUno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: San Francisco, Ca
Region: Alabama
Posts: 131
I'm glad to hear you were able to solve the problems! I just received my tuner about last week, and man does it transform the car. I might request for the hybrid tune now, so many great feedback on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
__________________
2014 Black Mustang 3.7
Airaid Cold Air Intake, BBK Off Road X-Pipe, Borla S-Type Ab, Amr 18s Black Wheels, Eibach Racing Springs (will be installed soon), Rear/Side Window Louvers, 20% Tint, 50% Driver/Passenger Windows
BeyondUno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:46 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondUno View Post
I'm glad to hear you were able to solve the problems! I just received my tuner about last week, and man does it transform the car. I might request for the hybrid tune now, so many great feedback on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
I pretty sure bama is no longer offering the hybrid tune. Bama revamped all their tunes and if I'm not mistaken, there now race tune is like the hybrid tune.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:53 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular
 
BeyondUno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: San Francisco, Ca
Region: Alabama
Posts: 131
That sucks, guess I'll have to try the race tune!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
__________________
2014 Black Mustang 3.7
Airaid Cold Air Intake, BBK Off Road X-Pipe, Borla S-Type Ab, Amr 18s Black Wheels, Eibach Racing Springs (will be installed soon), Rear/Side Window Louvers, 20% Tint, 50% Driver/Passenger Windows
BeyondUno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 10:13 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondUno View Post
That sucks, guess I'll have to try the race tune!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
Apparently, their new race tune is even better than the hybrid tune!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 10:15 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Apparently, their new race tune is even better than the hybrid tune!
Do u know when the new tunes happened?

2013 V6, Candy Apple Metallic.
Gt500 spoiler, Gt500 stripes,2010 Gt premium wheels, Pirelli tires,Painted side mirrors covers,Upper and lower black billet grille,Pony projection lights,Boss 302 strut tower brace, SR lowering springs, Barton shifter bracket,Airaid Cai,Bama tuned,BBK shorty headers,Roush AB, 3.73 Ford racing gears.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 10:22 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post

Do u know when the new tunes happened?

2013 V6, Candy Apple Metallic.
Gt500 spoiler, Gt500 stripes,2010 Gt premium wheels, Pirelli tires,Painted side mirrors covers,Upper and lower black billet grille,Pony projection lights,Boss 302 strut tower brace, SR lowering springs, Barton shifter bracket,Airaid Cai,Bama tuned,BBK shorty headers,Roush AB, 3.73 Ford racing gears.
If my memory serves me correct, Dan had mentioned this a few times on some threads I had been talking with him. Dan mentioned the hybrid tune was being phased out which this was maybe 2 months ago and the all the tunes were tweaked and improved.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 10:53 PM   #61
Registered User
Newbie
 
graybill20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: willamsport
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 7
Thats strange my 03 v6 BBk CAI, pypes true dual exhaust and the bama tuner, its an automatic I get 32 highway running the 91 street tune, and running 70mph

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

My bama tuner really woke my mustang up not gona lie

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
graybill20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 06:18 AM   #62
Admin

Supporter
Admin
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake Mary
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,822
Quote:
Originally Posted by graybill20 View Post
Thats strange my 03 v6 BBk CAI, pypes true dual exhaust and the bama tuner, its an automatic I get 32 highway running the 91 street tune, and running 70mph

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

My bama tuner really woke my mustang up not gona lie

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
What rear gear setup do you have?
__________________
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:05 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular
 
Frozen Yettie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: South East
Region: Texas
Posts: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
If my memory serves me correct, Dan had mentioned this a few times on some threads I had been talking with him. Dan mentioned the hybrid tune was being phased out which this was maybe 2 months ago and the all the tunes were tweaked and improved.
Did he also mention how he's gonna distribute the new tunes? like do we have to call/email Bama or they will send em to us

I would love to try out new tunes
__________________
2014 Black Mustang 3.7L V6 Premium | 93Race MPT Tuned | Too many mods to list just check out my garage.
Frozen Yettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:49 AM   #64
Registered User
Newbie
 
graybill20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: willamsport
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 7
I just got the car I really dont know if its geared or not, I believe its 3:27 Wichita I believe is stock, but I think my car is posi not sure its latest 2 black marks last time I did a break job, and it has a aluminum diff cover

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
graybill20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:19 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular
 
TedG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Florida/Ohio
Region: Florida
Posts: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
If my memory serves me correct, Dan had mentioned this a few times on some threads I had been talking with him. Dan mentioned the hybrid tune was being phased out which this was maybe 2 months ago and the all the tunes were tweaked and improved.

I received the Hybrid Tune within the last month. It works very well.
__________________
Become an Organ Donor today: http://donatelife.net/register-now/
Save as many as 50 lives. Thanks.
TedG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:21 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,253
Bama has no clue on the stuff they send out. They make dumb excuses.

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:36 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lakeland
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,699
Send a message via AIM to Borii
All these idle surges in this thread, I noticed many of you have Throttle body upgrades. This can often causes glaring issues in low speed/low rpm driveabiltiy. I had to get a dyno tune to solve my idle surges with my Ford Racing Throttle Body.
__________________
SOLD - 06 GT 371WHP/332WTQ


Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 03:14 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular
 
ArtU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NW Ohio
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaylg86 View Post
Man... Scary.... I have a 2014 mustang V6 Premium.. Bbk intake and axel back pype bombs.. Was gonna buy a tune because I feel like my car lost some of low rpm power.. I'll hit my gas to take off and sometimes I feel a lag before any power kicks in.. But after hearing all these stories I am reluctant to tune my ride..
Do you have an automatic? They make the car less responsive over time. So you can pull fuse 47 on passanger side fuse box under hood (search it here, "fuse 47") each Friday after work for 15mins, or get a tune that removes the automatic adaptive sluggishness...err "Adaptive learning". Most tunes pull that out. I pulled the fuse every week for months before I bought a tuner on my past V6/Auto
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 04:48 PM   #69
Registered User
Newbie
 
graybill20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: willamsport
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 7
I have an automatic its only sluggish in the beginning, but mine is tuned and never drove a stock until tuned car so idk if its sluggish or not

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
graybill20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 03:57 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jaylg86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Harlingen
Region: Texas
Posts: 428
So I was looking into pulling the fuse 47 thingy and my car dosnt have a fuse 47.. Unless I'm looking for the wrong thing.. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1399582658.980188.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	833.6 KB
ID:	156300
Jaylg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



02:48 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.