Bama Tuner Major Issues - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-06-2013, 12:47 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Bama Tuner Major Issues

I guess I'm mostly venting here, but this is a problem that I've been stewing over for several months. I didn't want to make a big deal out of it, but it is a big deal to me.

Here is what happened.

In April I purchased 3:73 gears, CAI, and Diablo InTune tuner with tunes from AM. Gears are awesome, CAI perfect. No issues there. The problem is entirely with the tunes. I needed it because you can't use stock tunes with 3:73 gears on a V6 -- period. Plus tunes were cool, right? Not so much. This is why.

For one it took three weeks and nine separate tries with tunes that were downright DANGEROUS!! I sent them all requested info. When I loaded the tunes right off the bat I got a non-responding speedometer. Like didn't work at all regardless of speed. And this is the scary part -- the car would accelerate without touching the accelerator. I don't mean gently, either.

I contacted AM/Bama immediately. They set me up with a new street tune. I tested. Same thing. Rinse and repeat a few more times. I have to use stock tune in the mean time -- speedo is way off but at least I can control the car. Then AM/Bam tells my they don't know what's going on and that I should go talk to Diablo Sport.

All this time, I need to be able to freakin' drive my car, right? It's my DD. I NEED this to work and not kill anybody. Especially me. So I check out the Diablo InTune's stock tunes already on the tuner. I account for CAI and my gear ratio and viola. My car feels and runs like a beast. It's controllable. And the speedo WORKS.

Back to DiabloSport. I can't get through to ANYBODY on the phone, but lucky lucky they watch their forums like hawks. I get in there and someone takes a look at my backup file (stock tune) as well as the one that AM/Bama last sent me. They fix it. I try it -- it WORKS! Unfortunately, the DiabloSport people won't answer me when I ask what the problem had been.

I go back to AM/Bama and show them the tune. They give me another tune to try. Agan!! No speedo and I'm accelerating like mad through the parking lot next to the cop shop. WTF?!?!! At this point, I'm yelling at the AM support guy in email "no go, no go!!" This isn't working.

They give it one more try. At long last it works!! I again ask what is going on and what was wrong they had to fix? Why was I able to tweak a stock tune in the InTune and get it to work the FIRST TRY while Bama and I were going back and forth for THREE weeks?

No answer.

Okay. Well, fine I got my tunes, I'm happy. Except I'm going to autocross this summer and do some driver experience days at the pro track. Or thought I was. I ordered and put in new one-piece AL drive shaft and upgraded wheels and tires to handle better and to be safe at higher speeds. I switch to 93 octane fuel for race, so I *CRINGE* need a new tune since I just have the 91 race tune.

Being very gun shy at this point, I ordered a new 93 race and made SURE to put in the comments a note about the trouble with tunes I had before.

My wheels and tires were on backorder and, not wanting to wear my stock all-seasons out on autocross or track stuff, I didn't get to participate. Wheels and tires kit comes in (looks and feels awesome by the way -- AM again and despite a 2-month backorder wait I do feel like these look good enough and perform well enough it was worth the wait), so I finally get to try out the 93 race tune.

Guess what?

SAME @!#*! problem! No speedo. Accelerates all by itself. Unusable. Autocross is Saturday. I am not freakin' going through this crap again. I just don't have the time now.

Anyone else have this kind of experience?

Mine is a 2013 V6 Premium, standard gearbox (manual).
Mods: 3:73 gears, al driveshaft, Airaid CAI, staggered wheels and tires from AM, tuned*.

* I think. Heck to be honest I don't have a lot of faith in the tunes I'm running because I don't know what they did what all is really working. (Street usually and Race currently)

Oh and incidentally? the DiabloSport InTune has a generic 93 octane tune built in. I'm tempted to use that instead of Bama's custom tunes. Time permitting between runs at the autocross, I'll swap out the Bama 91 race to the generic 93 octane to see what's really better.
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2013, 01:45 PM   #2
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Hey,

I'm sorry to hear about your recent experience with us. This sounds very odd! I'm glad to hear this didn't cause any harm to you or your vehicle! I've never heard of a car accelerating on it's own, however we can definitely get to the bottom of this for you.

I've already tracked down your order number and the Bama Manager is aware of the issue and will be contacting you shortly. Hang in there, we'll have you squared away and enjoying your Bama tune's very shortly. We'll do our best to have you ready to go for your event this weekend!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:54 PM   #3
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Can't get too mad at a vendor that openly answers you on a forum, and wants to set things straight. Hats off to AM, and lets hope this ends well for DEvermore too.
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2013, 01:54 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks, Dan. Sorry for yelling about it here, but I just felt like there wasn't good communication before and had no reason to think it would change.
Old 08-06-2013, 02:01 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Dan, is there any chance Bama can test it with an InTune on one of your project cars to be sure it works before it's sent to me? The acceleration thing can be managed by jamming on the clutch (goes to idle then, oddly) and breaking but I don't really want that kind of fun.
Old 08-06-2013, 03:48 PM   #6
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEvermore View Post
Thanks, Dan. Sorry for yelling about it here, but I just felt like there wasn't good communication before and had no reason to think it would change.
Quote:
Dan, is there any chance Bama can test it with an InTune on one of your project cars to be sure it works before it's sent to me? The acceleration thing can be managed by jamming on the clutch (goes to idle then, oddly) and breaking but I don't really want that kind of fun.
I completely understand your frustration, I would feel the same way! As far as testing an InTune on our project cars, We actually use an InTune to tune our 2006 GT Project car and 2014 GT Project car with absolutely no issues.

If you'd like me to test it again or something along those lines please let me know! From what I understand the Bama team has already worked out a solution with you and you're in good shape now? Please let me know if this is not the case and you need some more assistance.

-Dan
Old 08-06-2013, 04:13 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
I gotta ask, do you return to stock prior to installing new tunes? Even though there are no errors, the potential exists for corruption.
Six7One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:13 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
I guess I'm mostly venting here, but this is a problem that I've been stewing over for several months. I didn't want to make a big deal out of it, but it is a big deal to me.

Here is what happened.

In April I purchased 3:73 gears, CAI, and Diablo InTune tuner with tunes from AM. Gears are awesome, CAI perfect. No issues there. The problem is entirely with the tunes. I needed it because you can't use stock tunes with 3:73 gears on a V6 -- period. Plus tunes were cool, right? Not so much. This is why.

For one it took three weeks and nine separate tries with tunes that were downright DANGEROUS!! I sent them all requested info. When I loaded the tunes right off the bat I got a non-responding speedometer. Like didn't work at all regardless of speed. And this is the scary part -- the car would accelerate without touching the accelerator. I don't mean gently, either.

I contacted AM/Bama immediately. They set me up with a new street tune. I tested. Same thing. Rinse and repeat a few more times. I have to use stock tune in the mean time -- speedo is way off but at least I can control the car. Then AM/Bam tells my they don't know what's going on and that I should go talk to Diablo Sport.

All this time, I need to be able to freakin' drive my car, right? It's my DD. I NEED this to work and not kill anybody. Especially me. So I check out the Diablo InTune's stock tunes already on the tuner. I account for CAI and my gear ratio and viola. My car feels and runs like a beast. It's controllable. And the speedo WORKS.

Back to DiabloSport. I can't get through to ANYBODY on the phone, but lucky lucky they watch their forums like hawks. I get in there and someone takes a look at my backup file (stock tune) as well as the one that AM/Bama last sent me. They fix it. I try it -- it WORKS! Unfortunately, the DiabloSport people won't answer me when I ask what the problem had been.

I go back to AM/Bama and show them the tune. They give me another tune to try. Agan!! No speedo and I'm accelerating like mad through the parking lot next to the cop shop. WTF?!?!! At this point, I'm yelling at the AM support guy in email "no go, no go!!" This isn't working.

They give it one more try. At long last it works!! I again ask what is going on and what was wrong they had to fix? Why was I able to tweak a stock tune in the InTune and get it to work the FIRST TRY while Bama and I were going back and forth for THREE weeks?

No answer.

Okay. Well, fine I got my tunes, I'm happy. Except I'm going to autocross this summer and do some driver experience days at the pro track. Or thought I was. I ordered and put in new one-piece AL drive shaft and upgraded wheels and tires to handle better and to be safe at higher speeds. I switch to 93 octane fuel for race, so I *CRINGE* need a new tune since I just have the 91 race tune.

Being very gun shy at this point, I ordered a new 93 race and made SURE to put in the comments a note about the trouble with tunes I had before.

My wheels and tires were on backorder and, not wanting to wear my stock all-seasons out on autocross or track stuff, I didn't get to participate. Wheels and tires kit comes in (looks and feels awesome by the way -- AM again and despite a 2-month backorder wait I do feel like these look good enough and perform well enough it was worth the wait), so I finally get to try out the 93 race tune.

Guess what?

SAME @!#*! problem! No speedo. Accelerates all by itself. Unusable. Autocross is Saturday. I am not freakin' going through this crap again. I just don't have the time now.

Anyone else have this kind of experience?

Mine is a 2013 V6 Premium, standard gearbox (manual).
Mods: 3:73 gears, al driveshaft, Airaid CAI, staggered wheels and tires from AM, tuned*.

* I think. Heck to be honest I don't have a lot of faith in the tunes I'm running because I don't know what they did what all is really working. (Street usually and Race currently)

Oh and incidentally? the DiabloSport InTune has a generic 93 octane tune built in. I'm tempted to use that instead of Bama's custom tunes. Time permitting between runs at the autocross, I'll swap out the Bama 91 race to the generic 93 octane to see what's really better.
That Sounds scary I've been looking into tuners lately and I'm so hesitant to do it because I'm scared to mess with the cpu on a car I NEED, u bought it from the right place tho AM will do their best to help u
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:15 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Yes, they called about an hour after I posted. Great response! We are suspicious of a software flaw in my InTune and are replacing it with, I believe Don said, an SCT SF3 tuner overnighted in order to avoid the whole issue. They were very generous working out the numbers side of things with me and I'm convinced they genuinely wanted to get me fixed up.

Don really worked hard to get me hooked with a 93H tune for the autocross this weekend!

Thanks,
DE
Old 08-06-2013, 04:23 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six7One View Post
I gotta ask, do you return to stock prior to installing new tunes? Even though there are no errors, the potential exists for corruption.
That is a fair question and yes. The time involved was part of my frustration, actually. 10-15 minutes to go to stock, 10-15 minutes to install new tune, then test, then 10-15 minutes to stock, then 15+ minutes to bring up a DiabloSport pre-installed tune I could tweak for CAI and gears so my speedo would be right. When I got tunes that worked at the end of April, I didn't mess with it again until yesterday when I needed the 93R tune and found it didn't work. I simmered for a day and exploded here.

I apologize again to everyone for sounding off. Dan at AM is very kind to listen, and Don at Bama his been very good to me today.

DE
Old 08-06-2013, 04:44 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Hey man, we all get frustrated. And even with the best intentions, some companies just have bad experiences with us.

Keep us posted!
Old 08-07-2013, 09:39 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
My last car was Bama tuned and I always had issues with the tunes that were sent. Surging or car not able to stay at idle or even start. Right from day one.

That said, They always got right on it and even stayed late two times to get it right.

I understand the frustration. Once it nearly left me stranded in Indiana as I needed to tune for lower grade gas as they did not have 93 octane and I needed to go to 91. They tuned the car for 91 but it surged. They got me the right tune to get going in just a few hours. In all fairness my car was cammed, frpp intake manifold, Cai, tb, cai long tubes etc... Had full bolt ons. Once you get to that stage it is more dicey to tune by mail.

I haven't tuned this car yet (have tuner but I plan on mods that will need a dyno tune) but would certainly use them again if I were going with mail order tunes.

Mail order tunes are always a gamble. More times than not they work out. What doesnt always work out is customer service.

A/M has done right by me and it sounds like they are working out the problem with you. Keep us posted.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:05 AM   #13
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Yes, they called about an hour after I posted. Great response! We are suspicious of a software flaw in my InTune and are replacing it with, I believe Don said, an SCT SF3 tuner overnighted in order to avoid the whole issue. They were very generous working out the numbers side of things with me and I'm convinced they genuinely wanted to get me fixed up.

Don really worked hard to get me hooked with a 93H tune for the autocross this weekend!

Thanks,
DE
Great! I'm glad to hear Don got you all squared away. We'll work with Diablosport directly to figure out what was going on with your device!

-Dan
Old 08-07-2013, 09:02 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
So I'm lost. Is the issue with AM in the tune or the actual Diablosport tuner?
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:13 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
So I'm lost. Is the issue with AM in the tune or the actual Diablosport tuner?
After hearing of some of these stories I might look into mpt. How safe are their tunes on the 3.7s?
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:33 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post

After hearing of some of these stories I might look into mpt. How safe are their tunes on the 3.7s?
I'm not sure. Lol. They sure seem powerful but I've been running bama through my sct and all has been good and they are powerful. I sent mpt a data log and they needed to make some tweaks. Nothing huge but just smooth out some idol and surge issues..

With that said I have done two separate data logs with AM and as of yet they still haven't solved the slight surge issue after I installed my long tube headers and off road pipe. I did just send AM a third data log today so hopefully they can tweak the hybrid tune and get rid of the slight power surge when the car is parked and running.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:01 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Here is an update:

Received the overnight shipment of replacement tuner (SCT SF3) already loaded with Street, Performance, and I opted for Hybrid tune with limiter unlocked (I have upgraded drive shaft and tires) thinking that might do a bit better for me at autocross than Race. I like the idea of a bit more power at the lower end of the RPM range in any case.

Restored my car back to factory tune (to free me up from the Diablo InTune) and then loaded up the SCT. I don't have a track to really push it, but it worked very well and met my expectations over an hour long test drive at various street speeds and driving conditions. The SCT tuner doesn't have the fancy touch screen and small size, but I'll take reliability any day.

I'm pretty happy with the new tune and tuner right now. I'm excited to test out my modded car Saturday! If all goes well, next month it will on to the big track driving event at the IA Speedway!

Thanks AM and Bama!
DE
Old 08-07-2013, 10:04 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Here is an update:

Received the overnight shipment of replacement tuner (SCT SF3) already loaded with Street, Performance, and I opted for Hybrid tune with limiter unlocked (I have upgraded drive shaft and tires) thinking that might do a bit better for me at autocross than Race. I like the idea of a bit more power at the lower end of the RPM range in any case.

Restored my car back to factory tune (to free me up from the Diablo InTune) and then loaded up the SCT. I don't have a track to really push it, but it worked very well and met my expectations over an hour long test drive at various street speeds and driving conditions. The SCT tuner doesn't have the fancy touch screen and small size, but I'll take reliability any day.

I'm pretty happy with the new tune and tuner right now. I'm excited to test out my modded car Saturday! If all goes well, next month it will on to the big track driving event at the IA Speedway!

Thanks AM and Bama!
DE
Good to hear, please keep us updated!!! Thanks.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:06 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Here is an update:

Thanks AM and Bama!
DE
Glad to hear, congrats and that's why AM is first class. Great Customer service. Dan is always on top of things and very involved with the forum members.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:53 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Good luck on Sat. Let us know how you did.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 12:08 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

I've been running the bama 93 race tune on my stock 13' v6 for a few weeks now I gotta say I love the performance gain the car is beast now but it does idle weird like ill give it a tiny rev at idle it'll go up then go all the way down like almost stall out then just roughly idle at 500 once I start driving it goes away but still weird I still completely hand it to bama it really is a whole new car I recommend it over any other tuning the customer support the way they stand behind their products it's just worth it.
Salc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 12:46 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

I have never had any major issues with American Muscle and their tunes have been real nice. I have had to do some data logging in order to work some minor idoling tweaks , but other than that its been great. I really love the hybrid tune. After getting MPT Tune I would say its more powerful than the hybrid tune, however I wouldn't not use my hybrid tune. Both AM and MPT have great customer service. AM does turn around new tunes faster than MPT. If you do a data log for AM on a Monday, you will most likely have your new tune on Tuesday. One day turn around time. MPT has a two to three day turn around for tunes. Not complaining about it, just passing on info. I really like the mpt race performance tune and my hybrid tune.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:36 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I have never had any major issues with American Muscle and their tunes have been real nice. I have had to do some data logging in order to work some minor idoling tweaks , but other than that its been great. I really love the hybrid tune. After getting MPT Tune I would say its more powerful than the hybrid tune, however I wouldn't not use my hybrid tune. Both AM and MPT have great customer service. AM does turn around new tunes faster than MPT. If you do a data log for AM on a Monday, you will most likely have your new tune on Tuesday. One day turn around time. MPT has a two to three day turn around for tunes. Not complaining about it, just passing on info. I really like the mpt race performance tune and my hybrid tune.
What's a hybrid tune I just have a street performance and race tune.
Salc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:57 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salc7 View Post

What's a hybrid tune I just have a street performance and race tune.
Its a very aggressive bad jackass tune that American Muscle makes. Its a DNA mix of the street and race tune combined. You get max power down low, mid and high range all the way. Great tune. The only tune I have found more aggressive than the hybrid is the race performance tune by MPT.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:00 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Hybrid is where something you can get by request. As they described it to me, if I recall correctly, it gives a boost of power both in the lower RPM range and the higher RPM range. My testing so far, this does seem to be the case, but I'll know more at the "speedway" tomorrow.

(I put that in quotes 'cuz it used to be a go-kart race track but is commandeered once a month for autocross. A bit too fast for SCCA regs, but lots of guys in the Mustang Club of Central Iowa attend. See NQSPerformance.com if you are curious. These guys are Mustang mod builders and I think most are also MCCI members. But for the autocross, they let anyone come play, not just Mustangs.)
Old 08-09-2013, 10:28 AM   #26
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Here is an update:

Thanks AM and Bama!
DE
Great news! I'm glad to hear your new tuner arrived and you're really enjoying the Bama custom tuner and tunes.

Please let me know if you ever have any questions or need some assistance in the near future! We're also working with Diablosport directly to figure out what happened with your InTune..

-Dan
Old 08-09-2013, 11:01 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salc7 View Post
I've been running the bama 93 race tune on my stock 13' v6 for a few weeks now I gotta say I love the performance gain the car is beast now but it does idle weird like ill give it a tiny rev at idle it'll go up then go all the way down like almost stall out then just roughly idle at 500 once I start driving it goes away but still weird I still completely hand it to bama it really is a whole new car I recommend it over any other tuning the customer support the way they stand behind their products it's just worth it.
Your car shouldn't idle like that. I suggest talking to Bama and describe your idle issue to them so they can tweak your tune
Tyriqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:16 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyriqq View Post

Your car shouldn't idle like that. I suggest talking to Bama and describe your idle issue to them so they can tweak your tune
Just do a data log and send it to AM. They will figure it out and get your new tune back in 24 hours.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:00 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

I'm glad i stayed with the SCT tuner. I thought about changing to the Diablo tuner.
To be truthful, most of the people i know or know through other Forums who use Diablo tuners, drive MOPAR vehicles. Just saying......
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 05:03 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Young View Post
I'm glad i stayed with the SCT tuner. I thought about changing to the Diablo tuner.
To be truthful, most of the people i know or know through other Forums who use Diablo tuners, drive MOPAR vehicles. Just saying......
So they are gonna run like doo-doo anyway?
Old 08-09-2013, 05:05 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six7One View Post

So they are gonna run like doo-doo anyway?
Lol
Old 08-10-2013, 06:40 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Your right on that
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 11:39 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Talking

Here is the final update. Autocross day was awesome! Tunes were great, all the mods I made (which were all American Muscle-purchased upgrades) performed awesome for me! To the disgust of one of my buddies, I tied his time on my very first run. I wasn't trying-- I was just trying to learn the track and thought I was being conservative.

I enjoyed it so much I signed up for an invitational meet in September. Normally the August one is the last one of the year here sponsored by NQSPerformance. The invitational one is smaller so you are guaranteed a very large number of runs instead of only two or three.

Here is a shot of my car as I was lining up for my turn at the track.

Old 08-12-2013, 09:22 AM   #34

Region: Louisiana
I had an issue that may be similar. I have a 2010 V6 and bought the JLT CAI and SCT tuner combo. Installed the CAI and tuned the car with the 87P tune on August 2nd. On the 3rd, just to play a little, I floored it just to feel it and when I let up, it kept accelerating! I laid on the brake and it still kept going! I had to turn off the key to stop it. After restarting, it seemed to drive normally again but now I'm afraid to floor it. Had to leave town right after that and never got the chance to go back to stock. Now I'm in Louisiana and the car's in Miami so I've had to warn the g/f to be careful until I can take care of it.

Not real sure it's the tune, tho. I had it happen another time when it was completely stock. Maybe there's a problem with the stock tune that may have carried over to the new tune? Can it do that? I thought everything got wiped before the new tune goes on? My only mods are the tune and the CAI, so far.

Was also wondering: Can a tune affect the operation of the A/C? It was working perfectly until I tuned the car. Now, it makes a clicking noise when I start the car and blows cool, not cold, on the passenger side and warm on the driver's side.
pwinship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:28 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

I'm not sure. I think the 2010 has a different engine than mine. Also, it was the Diablo Intune that was giving me fits not the SCT one. Different brand completely. The hybrid tune on the SCT tuner has been perfect so far. I have not tested the street and performance tuns on the SCT tuner.

But, when you get back, maybe you can capture some statistics using the tuner and see something? Maybe just a sticky throttle, but I don't know.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang