Factory Active Alarm: Can it be added in? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-06-2013, 09:56 PM   #1

Region: New York
Factory Active Alarm: Can it be added in?

Ok, well after my exhaustive search about everyone talking about how they didnt get their car with the factory alarm, I an wondering if someone can help me out here.

So, I have the 11 v6. I checked the codes, it only has the passive alarm system. My question is: has anyone tried and been successful in adding a factory active alarm module to acquire the features it gives, like the valet mode, the remote window down options, interior ir sensor and shock sensor. I know its gonna require some wiring, which I have no problem with. I dont want to go aftermarket on the car. I am trying to keep the car's looks and equipment as factory looking as possible.
any help would be sweet!
PS: IDK if I posted in the right section; seemed like a technical question to me.
fdlou961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2013, 10:21 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I believe that the alarm is installed at your local dealer. Check with the nearest Ford Dealership in your area.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:13 AM   #3
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
The first thing I would buy to perform this upgrade myself would be the factory wiring manual. In there would be the components you have mentioned, and their wiring requirements.

It's possible, although I may not count on it, that the Mustang is pre-wored, and perhaps some of the required alarm pieces would be a plug and play type install.
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2013, 07:43 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
I believe that the alarm is installed at your local dealer. Check with the nearest Ford Dealership in your area.
I did check with them. They will only point me in the direction of an aftermarket system. I don't want that because truthfully I don't want headaches with the pats and also it'll take away from my clean stock look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
The first thing I would buy to perform this upgrade myself would be the factory wiring manual. In there would be the components you have mentioned, and their wiring requirements.

It's possible, although I may not count on it, that the Mustang is pre-wored, and perhaps some of the required alarm pieces would be a plug and play type install.

I just checked. According to the wiring diagrams, it is. Before I undertake the task of sourcing the parts required to do this, I just want to see if someone before me has done it before like part numbers any programming issues with the bcm and the sjb, little oddities that can hinder my progress.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:34 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdlou961 View Post

I did check with them. They will only point me in the direction of an aftermarket system. I don't want that because truthfully I don't want headaches with the pats and also it'll take away from my clean stock look.

I just checked. According to the wiring diagrams, it is. Before I undertake the task of sourcing the parts required to do this, I just want to see if someone before me has done it before like part numbers any programming issues with the bcm and the sjb, little oddities that can hinder my progress.
Do you the motion sensors in your map lights?
Six7One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:07 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six7One View Post
Do you the motion sensors in your map lights?
Negative, so I know its passive. but judging from the wiring diagrams, it appears its pinned out.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:08 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Quote:

Negative, so I know its passive. but judging from the wiring diagrams, it appears its pinned out.
The real challenge will be whether or not it's controlled in the ecm. That will be a hurdle if it is a feature tied to a VIN.
Six7One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 05:11 AM   #8
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
The wiring manual will show the wiring and pins for all circuits available on a Mustang for a given year, but that does not mean your Mustang has this wiring! Case in point: fog lights. Not all Mustangs have fog lights, and the Mustang does not come from the factory pre-wired for them.

Check your Mustang by using the wiring manual to see if your Mustang actually has the wiring needed to install this alarm system.

Just trying to save you some money and time prior to you diving in and buying the parts.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:26 PM   #9
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Yes it can. I bought an OEM unit on line about $120 it should have taken me 8 hrs....due to no fault of my own it was a royal pita since I had a defective harness. You have to tap in various areas of the car and the bummer is with the base model you don't get the i/r detector. I'm glad I installed it as it ties into the existing xmitter but I regret not getting it from the factory.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:36 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
Yes it can. I bought an OEM unit on line about $120 it should have taken me 8 hrs....due to no fault of my own it was a royal pita since I had a defective harness. You have to tap in various areas of the car and the bummer is with the base model you don't get the i/r detector. I'm glad I installed it as it ties into the existing xmitter but I regret not getting it from the factory.
You don't happen to have a part number and where you sourced the module from. Question: with the unit, did you get global remote window down functions?
Old 08-09-2013, 07:56 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
You don't happen to have a part number and where you sourced the module from. Question: with the unit, did you get global remote window down functions?
I have the factory Alarm and do not have it, turn the key on and I hit the buttons for the windows. Stick your arm in when the alarm is set and it lets you know though.
http://accessories.ford.com/alarm.html
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:29 AM   #12
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
P/N.....7L3Z-19A 361-AA I got mine from FordPartsDepot (OPD?) on Ebay for less than $150...be advised it is NOT a plug in system you need to splice into wires in several parts of the car but it does work with the factory fobs. If you are going to install this yourself I'll give hints: Do Not try and tap into the ignition wires in the steering wheel clamshell, I found the correct wires in a junction by the drivers footwell (also where I mounted the module) I installed the LED above my base model radio I had to extend the LED wires I think Ford just tapes the LED to the main Mod. I accessed this by removing the glove box Sign up at CodeAlarm to get install instructions if you have ?'s just ask me. the rest you can skip as it's a long read but it was a long install......

I got the car on a Friday and had already bought the alarm, Saturday we went to an all day music festival and I planned on installing this on Sunday. I did and it took me about 8hrs to do a neat professional job (with practice I imagine 4hrs) well, it didn't work so Monday after work I double checked all my connections (still NG) Tuesday I triple checked.
Let me stop for a second to say the module is made by codealarm for a variety of mfrs and you get a main box, two wire harnesss and a plug in memory chip that is glued to a plastic cover.
On Wednesday I removed it and reinstalled it (still NG) Thursday I re-ran all the wires across the interior out in the open thinking it was a freak break in the wires, then while I was checking voltage inputs to the acctual module I noticed (example only) that the blue with red wire was supposed to go to the pass door and the red with white was the driver door, and the yelow to the dome light well, those wire colors did NOT correspond to the pins on the alarm module. Either I got defective harness or ones for a differant vehicle. I wired it according to the inputs and....still NG. I gace up and called codealarm and got a tech.
At this time I'll say I fix machenery for a living and can talk to techs...he asked me several ?'s which I had answers for including are the pins on the chip bent then said "maybe you just got a defective one" I understood and asked how I get a new one..he asked "don't you work for Ford, just go to the parts counter" well, since I didn't buy it from him I was ok and said thx I'll look into getting a new one.
In the mean time I was looking at the chip on the cover and although you couldn't see it when it was closed it looked like the chip wasn't aligning with the slot, I took the cover that the chip was glued to and bent a offset into it so it would align with the slot and Sucess!!! except for the part where I had a bunch of interior panels off and wires just strung across the interior of my car....yeah, 20+ hrs. It shouldn't have been that bad but be sure to check the harness colors as mine didn't match and check the alignment of the chip...good luck, don't hesitate to ask ?'s I learned alot.

Mud

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

oh yeah, I'll say no to the window down function but idk (it doesn't roll the windows down though) and also no to the i/r sensor although it does say yes in the description when you buy it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang