New Stang - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-11-2013, 11:43 AM   #1

Region: Arizona
New Stang

Living overseas right now and I'm picking my new 2013 mustang up in Nov. What are some easy mods to start with? I was think a CAI.
TNyce11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2013, 11:54 AM   #2

Thinking*
Old 08-11-2013, 12:05 PM   #3

Region: Asia
I did Airaid CAI and appearance mods first.
dman286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2013, 12:14 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Exhaust! Is it a gt?
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 12:17 PM   #5

I plan to do the exhaust and tuner next. I have '13 V6. I just PCS'd to Germany from Guam and arrived Sunday last week.
Old 08-11-2013, 12:21 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doe_Rae_mi View Post
Exhaust! Is it a gt?
Naw couldn't get the GT tried my hardest. Exhaust is definitely up there on my list though.

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman286 View Post
I plan to do the exhaust and tuner next. I have '13 V6. I just PCS'd to Germany from Guam and arrived Sunday last week.
Two great assignment man! I'm headed to Vegas in a couple months. I think the cold air with bama tune might be my first purchase.
Old 08-11-2013, 12:22 PM   #7

Yeah I've been lucky. You should like Vegas tho.
Old 08-11-2013, 04:20 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Quote:
Guam? I went back after being gone for a decade last year. Man, do I miss that weather and the fishing. Can't wait to go back home.

Did you have a good time there?
Six7One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 04:25 PM   #9

Yeah I had a blast. I played football all 3 years I was there. What part are you from?
Old 08-11-2013, 04:56 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah I had a blast. I played football all 3 years I was there. What part are you from?
Lived in Barrigada before I left. Also lived in Dededo and Agana Heights.

Played in the MFL for Hal's Angels 99-2000 O-line and special teams mostly. Occasional DT. Played HS ball for JFK too.

...friggin' small world man.
Old 08-11-2013, 05:02 PM   #11

Yeah. I play for Docomo Chargers and then Cars Plus Rams.
Old 08-11-2013, 05:18 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Cool. Those teams were added/changed after I left. Funny to see former team mates coaching now...we're getting old...LOL
It was PacSport Cardinals, Miller Bears, Pepsi Giants, Mobil Angels then...Ivan was our coach those years.

OP, depending on your concerns with warranty or not, axle back for sound and a little airflow...intake (I like Steeda and own an Airaid), 3.55 or 3.73's if you have the 2.73 stockers for the rear end. If you have the 3.31's, you can decide if you need more punch off of the line.

If you don't get the performance pack, lowering springs and adj. panhard bar are nice easy bolt-ons for better handling.

What really matters is, what are you looking for? Red light to red light, drag strip, canyon runner, or just improved, general, overall performance?
Old 08-11-2013, 06:23 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six7One View Post
Cool. Those teams were added/changed after I left. Funny to see former team mates coaching now...we're getting old...LOL
It was PacSport Cardinals, Miller Bears, Pepsi Giants, Mobil Angels then...Ivan was our coach those years.

OP, depending on your concerns with warranty or not, axle back for sound and a little airflow...intake (I like Steeda and own an Airaid), 3.55 or 3.73's if you have the 2.73 stockers for the rear end. If you have the 3.31's, you can decide if you need more punch off of the line.

If you don't get the performance pack, lowering springs and adj. panhard bar are nice easy bolt-ons for better handling.

What really matters is, what are you looking for? Red light to red light, drag strip, canyon runner, or just improved, general, overall performance?
I just want overall performance gains since I couldn't get the 5.0. I am getting the performance pack so I have a little head start I guess. I want to start off with easy bolt on's like CAI and work up to a supercharger when AM come out with the 13-14 procharger kit. I am a little concerned with the warranty but I'll consult with ford when I do decide to purchase.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:08 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNyce11 View Post
Living overseas right now and I'm picking my new 2013 mustang up in Nov. What are some easy mods to start with? I was think a CAI.
First before you start spending a ton of money, Is that car or can that car be imported back into the United States?

What is the cost of shipping it back to the U.S.?

Does the speedometer read in mph and kph?

What grade gasoline do you use in B*m**** Egypt?

What are the costs with upgrading? Do you have to order all the way from the U.S. or do they have parts there?

What is the resale value for vehicles there? Are there a lot of cars in the area that are being modded up? Do the locals mod there cars or only Americans there?

What cars are everyone else driving? Are they all driving BMWs or Mercedes?

Lastly, if you start a Mustang Club up, will you be it's only member? Will your run for President?
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:16 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Performance package is a good start. A CAI and tune are good starting points if your dealer is cool with it. You have a better suspension to start with and could still do a drop.
If I had the perf package, I would probably wait to FI it as it is a really good starting point.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:12 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post

First before you start spending a ton of money, Is that car or can that car be imported back into the United States?

What is the cost of shipping it back to the U.S.?

Does the speedometer read in mph and kph?

What grade gasoline do you use in B*m**** Egypt?

What are the costs with upgrading? Do you have to order all the way from the U.S. or do they have parts there?

What is the resale value for vehicles there? Are there a lot of cars in the area that are being modded up? Do the locals mod there cars or only Americans there?

What cars are everyone else driving? Are they all driving BMWs or Mercedes?

Lastly, if you start a Mustang Club up, will you be it's only member? Will your run for President?
Read through the forum a little it would have saved you typing a lot of this. I will be in Vegas when I get my car. Thanks for trying though I suppose
Old 08-12-2013, 05:18 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six7One View Post
Performance package is a good start. A CAI and tune are good starting points if your dealer is cool with it. You have a better suspension to start with and could still do a drop.
If I had the perf package, I would probably wait to FI it as it is a really good starting point.
Great well at least I was headed in the right direction. Wanting to do and learn a lot of this on my own hopefully my jet mechanics transition well into car mechanics probably not though lol. I'm still pretty new to this forum. The "FI" means?
Old 08-12-2013, 06:46 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:

Great well at least I was headed in the right direction. Wanting to do and learn a lot of this on my own hopefully my jet mechanics transition well into car mechanics probably not though lol. I'm still pretty new to this forum. The "FI" means?
Forced induction. Turbo, pro charger.
Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:32 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I think the perf pack rates well compared to the non-perf pack version. I wish I hadn't touched my car until I had driven it longer. Turns out I really like the stock version for 99% of what I do. But now the bug has bitten!

You'll find out pretty quickly where the car is "lacking" or in need of modification once you start driving her.

If you do any form of jet propulsion...I will pay you for a ride. Safe travels.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:59 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
How about putting that in the first entry?
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:57 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
?huh?
Old 08-13-2013, 03:32 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:

Ugh he did.....confused.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 06:39 PM   #23

Quote:

I don't have to explain my life storyline the fist post. As I said it was discussed end of story. Have a pleasant day.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:45 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Lower gears than the 3.31's and a tuner of your choice would be your best bang for the buck. If you plan on FI later, choose the tuner carefully as it would be less expensive than say paying for unlimited tunes from one to find they can't handle an extensively modded car later.

Thanks for your service btw.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang