Anyone Using this Exhaust Setup? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-13-2013, 12:07 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Anyone Using this Exhaust Setup?

Does anyone have this setup? If so how does it sound? I have to stick with Ford racing in order to keep my warranty intact for now.

Ford Racing Sport Mustang Axle-Back (2011-2014 V6) M-5230-MV6LA - Free Shipping!

Ford Racing Cut and Clamp Mustang X-Pipe (11-14 V6) M-5251-MV6A - Free Shipping!

I want to use these together but didn't know if there were any pros or cons to using these as a pair.
Thanks
Shockesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2013, 01:36 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Rasp, burble and pop with the Xpipe. Depth of tone with the FRPP. Should sound nice, a bit raspy, but it should be a screamer.
Six7One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:43 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six7One View Post
Rasp, burble and pop with the Xpipe. Depth of tone with the FRPP. Should sound nice, a bit raspy, but it should be a screamer.
Do you think it will be to loud? I don't want to wake the neighbors on my way to work. That's what I liked about the axle back exhaust from the videos I reviewed it didn't get loud until you laid into it. Which is exactly what I want.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2013, 05:17 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
It wont be that loud. You can use any brand Axle-Back without voiding your warranty. I have the Axle-Backs with BBK Shorty Headers and a BBK Catted-X Pipe. It's more raspy.

NO, YOU CAN'T MAKE IT SOUND LIKE A V8. I wish I had a nickel for every time I have heard or read that.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:36 PM   #5
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Borla makes Ford Racing

Go to this site and you can listen to this video of all three Borla Mufflers. They make Ford Racing so this should give you a preview of what you would like.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:37 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

NO, YOU CAN'T MAKE IT SOUND LIKE A V8. I wish I had a nickel for every time I have heard or read that.[/QUOTE]

Yes I know not trying to but would like to know when I hit the gas that myself and others can hear me. Lol

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
Go to this site and you can listen to this video of all three Borla Mufflers. They make Ford Racing so this should give you a preview of what you would like.

Ronnie
Yes I saw that video. I am planning on definitely getting the muffler my concern is more if what the xpipe will do to the sound of the axle back.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:45 PM   #7
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Your car comes with an X-Pipe

The stock 3.7 pipe is an X-pipe.

If you want a deeper sound then go to an H-Pipe ( You will lose torque though )

Unless your going to go for high performance cats and maybe headers the stock mid-pipe on your V6 is fine.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:15 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I thought our stock mid-pipe was a hybrid?
Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:37 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
NewMTang, do you perhaps have a youtube video of the sound?
ironsurvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:46 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
There is a video of just the x pipe. You could start there and see what it does. An axelback will just make it louder.
Six7One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:50 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Im interested in shorty headers and frpp axleback and just keeping my stock midpipe
Old 08-14-2013, 12:40 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironsurvivor View Post
NewMTang, do you perhaps have a youtube video of the sound?
No I don't. The sound is raspy when I get on the gas and with the cats and shorty ceramics I get a low growl. It's just enough I won't get pulled over for noise even late at night. No sense in giving the Po Po a free looksee in the car.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:51 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Try These.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:40 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
I thought our stock mid-pipe was a hybrid?
I also thought it was a hybrid.
Old 08-14-2013, 03:04 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

I'll go with hybrid. that's what i've read.
Old 08-14-2013, 06:39 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockesh View Post

I also thought it was a hybrid.
it is a hybrid x/h pipe
RocknCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:37 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Yep, the stock midpipe's X/H and volume of the cavity there helps with the pop and rasp too. I, personally, wouldn't bother with the cut and clamp X pipe.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:07 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Mrt or mpt has a catted H....

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
exhaust