Pony Projection Lamps - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-05-2013, 09:38 AM   #71
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
So I ordered these projections almost 3 weeks ago and when I check the progress on eBay I find put the seller has been removed! Oh joy!!!
Oh no! You should be able to get your money back if you payed through PayPal Good luck!
93mstnglx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2013, 09:39 AM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
So I ordered these projections almost 3 weeks ago and when I check the progress on eBay I find put the seller has been removed! Oh joy!!!
I ordered mine from the seller on ebay and got the package last week. It's sitting unopened in my garage waiting for my car to be delivered. Maybe they'll be back soon
3.31 gears
On order
Starsky007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:23 AM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsky007 View Post

I ordered mine from the seller on ebay and got the package last week. It's sitting unopened in my garage waiting for my car to be delivered. Maybe they'll be back soon
Do you remember what date you ordered it? I ordered mine on the 16th.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2013, 11:23 AM   #74
Admin

Supporter
Admin

I NEVER order or take chances from a seller who is over seas. Either the seller can vanish (or be removed from Ebay because of shady practices), or your item gets stuck in customs awaiting you to pay ridiculous customs charges the seller never told you about.

Last I checked, these "pony" projection lights were being sold by over seas sellers (China).
Old 09-05-2013, 11:33 AM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
I NEVER order or take chances from a seller who is over seas. Either the seller can vanish (or be removed), or you item gets stuck in customs awaiting you to pay ridiculous customs charges the seller never told you about.

Last I checked, these "pony" projection lights were being sold by over seas sellers (China).
This is the first time its ever happened to me, I have purchased many items from overseas (China) and was always trouble free and never had to pay customs! It was a reputable seller with over 7000 transactions and a 99% + feed back rating. You can always by from somewhere else and pay 4-5 times more for your item but paying more for something as simple as projection lights is not my thing. BTW if you use pay pal like I always do you have nothing to worry about.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:39 AM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93mstnglx View Post

Oh no! You should be able to get your money back if you payed through PayPal Good luck!
+1 Yep through pay pal.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:45 AM   #77
Admin

Supporter
Admin

You're correct about PayPal; you are protected with purchases made through them. Wonder how the seller got removed from Ebay? Pay Pal will only accept so many refunds from the same seller befor they alert Ebay.

An over seas seller will almost never tell you about customs fees; it's the luck of the draw if you have to pay them. Most small packages will fly right through; once in awhile, one is caught, and the fees will have to be paid by the buyer if they want the package. It will be returned to the seller, and then you have to file a claim with PayPal.

I simply do not wish to buy from over seas sellers. I'd rather look for the product here in the U.S.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:50 AM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You're correct about PayPal; you are protected with purchases made through them. Wonder how the seller got removed from Ebay? Pay Pal will only accept so many refunds from the same seller befor they alert Ebay.

An over seas seller will almost never tell you about customs fees; it's the luck of the draw if you have to pay them. Most small packages will fly right through; once in awhile, one is caught, and the fees will have to be paid by the buyer if they want the package. It will be returned to the seller, and then you have to file a claim with PayPal.

I simply do not wish to buy from over seas sellers. I'd rather look for the product here in the U.S.
I try to look here first, anything big or expensive I will pay a little more to get it from here, NA , but things like these pp I'll get overseas. A lot of my purchases are small items usually under 30$.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:05 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:

I agree but a lot of the stuff on eBay is bought in quantity from China and they just mark it up and sell it in the us.
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 03:19 PM   #80

Region: Washington
And to think I was interested myself but now I will feel lucky.
MCA2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 03:39 PM   #81

Region: Washington
And to think I was interested myself but now I will feel lucky.
MCA2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:31 PM   #82
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I got mine about a week after I ordered them.

They were packaged up very sturdy and the quality of the lights seem to be pretty nice. I have not installed them yet.

Ronnie

PS: I like bling
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:02 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Do you remember what date you ordered it? I ordered mine on the 16th.
8/16 was my buy date
3.31 gears
On order
Old 09-05-2013, 10:18 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

8/16 was my buy date
Thanks for the info! I still have hope.....but not much. : (
Old 09-07-2013, 02:31 AM   #85

Region: Nebraska
I bought them off ebay after seeing them on this forum. A couple days after I bought them, Ebay sent me a notice saying they were no longer available, but I had a shipping confirmation and tracking number from the seller. Ended up getting them this week, they seem to be pretty nice, and were packaged well. Hopefully I'll get them installed this week.

FWIW, I used to work for Paypal, so for those that paid for them and didn't get them, file a dispute now. If there's any money in the seller's account, they can credit it back to you. If not, and it's not something paypal wants you to know, but they will credit up to $25 back to you rather than have an unhappy end user. Or at least that's how it was a couple years ago.
curiusgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:59 AM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiusgeorge View Post
I bought them off ebay after seeing them on this forum. A couple days after I bought them, Ebay sent me a notice saying they were no longer available, but I had a shipping confirmation and tracking number from the seller. Ended up getting them this week, they seem to be pretty nice, and were packaged well. Hopefully I'll get them installed this week.

FWIW, I used to work for Paypal, so for those that paid for them and didn't get them, file a dispute now. If there's any money in the seller's account, they can credit it back to you. If not, and it's not something paypal wants you to know, but they will credit up to $25 back to you rather than have an unhappy end user. Or at least that's how it was a couple years ago.
Thanks for the info, I opened a dispute with pay pal and the seller has contacted me through them and gives his apologies and is offering to send other pair. Now do I trust this guy??? I know things get lost in transit but this is my first ever problem with a purchase through eBay in 6 years.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:00 AM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thanks for the info, I opened a dispute with pay pal and the seller has contacted me through them and gives his apologies and is offering to send other pair. Now do I trust this guy??? I know things get lost in transit but this is my first ever problem with a purchase through eBay in 6 years.
What have you got to lose giving it a shot? $14? They had a lot of positives.. might have been removed for trademark issues... if it were me, I would give them a chance to make good...
3.31 gears
On order
Old 09-07-2013, 10:18 AM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

What have you got to lose giving it a shot? $14? They had a lot of positives.. might have been removed for trademark issues... if it were me, I would give them a chance to make good...
I think that's exactly why it got pulled. And they did have very good feedback!
Old 09-07-2013, 11:54 AM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I think that's exactly why it got pulled. And they did have very good feedback!
plus, why even contact you if they had no intention of following through?

I picked up my car yesterday and after doing all the paper work didn't get it home until around 6pm. I've got the projection lights ready to go but I'm a little afraid of drilling and splicing a car with 23 miles on it.. just taking the door panels off makes me nervous
3.31 gears
On order
Old 09-07-2013, 12:06 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

plus, why even contact you if they had no intention of following through?

I picked up my car yesterday and after doing all the paper work didn't get it home until around 6pm. I've got the projection lights ready to go but I'm a little afraid of drilling and splicing a car with 23 miles on it.. just taking the door panels off makes me nervous
True that. Hey congrats!!!! How do u like it so far?
Old 09-07-2013, 03:20 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
True that. Hey congrats!!!! How do u like it so far?
So far...... LOVE IT. But Ive only got 23 miles on it, had to work a 10 hr shift today so haven't gotten to drive it much. Can't wait to get the spoiler, stripes and tint on..
3.31 gears
On order
Old 09-09-2013, 06:14 AM   #92
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
That's exactly why they got pulled. Ford, GM, and the others have been cracking down for years now on trade mark infringments. This person most likely is protected because they are in China; not worth the fight from Ford to go after him, but maybe Ebay can get tied into it, so they are shutting down the seller.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:19 AM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
What are the chances that ford was trolling on this site and saw these and went and had them cut off
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:23 AM   #94
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Slim to none on this site, but I'll bet the farm they patrol sites such as Ebay looking for these types of sales with their copyrighted logos, names, pictures, etc.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:38 PM   #95
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

They had them all

When I ordered mine they had Chevy, Dodge, Viper, Jeep, and about 40 or 50 different logo type items on the site. I'm sure they were not licensed products and trademark infringements. They even had Harley Davidson items.

I sure got great service and received mine very quickly all the way from China.

Ronnie
Old 09-09-2013, 12:58 PM   #96
Admin

Supporter
Admin

I'm not saying the stuff being sold is cheap junk. I'm just on the side of the auto manufacturers who want to protect their name and rights to trademarks. Assuming these parts do not have the permissions of any of the listed auto manufacturers, they loose money on something that is trademarked. Lets assume the part gets installed, and causes an electrical short, or worse some sort of damage to the vehicle. Some idiot that installed the part, Or bought it years later may blame Ford, and want to sue. While we know that case would be laughed out of court eventually, it may still tarnish their reputation a bit, and they want to prevent that by keeping companies from selling parts using their names or logos without permission. This would be the reason why someone like Ebay stopped the seller from listing the part for sale. They too could be held liable for allowing a part that is not endorsed by the trademark holder for being sold on their site.

I'm guessing the auto manufacturers monitor these selling sites looking for this, and inform the site to ceast and dismiss the vendor.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:06 PM   #97
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Bucko is right again

I'm with Bucko on this one even though I bought a set of these without even thinking of the trademark infringement problem. The ones I bought have the tri-bar and horse and I'm guessing that is a trademarked logo.

They seem to be of very high quality and not a piece of crap. I have not installed them yet but probably will soon.

Ronnie
Old 09-09-2013, 08:16 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm not saying the stuff being sold is cheap junk. I'm just on the side of the auto manufacturers who want to protect their name and rights to trademarks. Assuming these parts do not have the permissions of any of the listed auto manufacturers, they loose money on something that is trademarked. Lets assume the part gets installed, and causes an electrical short, or worse some sort of damage to the vehicle. Some idiot that installed the part, Or bought it years later may blame Ford, and want to sue. While we know that case would be laughed out of court eventually, it may still tarnish their reputation a bit, and they want to prevent that by keeping companies from selling parts using their names or logos without permission. This would be the reason why someone like Ebay stopped the seller from listing the part for sale. They too could be held liable for allowing a part that is not endorsed by the trademark holder for being sold on their site.

I'm guessing the auto manufacturers monitor these selling sites looking for this, and inform the site to ceast and dismiss the vendor.
That could be why, or, Ford likes to charge 50X what you can buy the same thing for aftermarket. For example.. they wanted $2200 just for the Shelby Stripe kit you can buy for under $300.. I don't think they are as concerned about quality as they are losing out on money and I get that....it's their logo.... but I am not really buying the concerned about quality line...
3.31 gears
On order
Old 09-09-2013, 08:26 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That could be why, or, Ford likes to charge 50X what you can buy the same thing for aftermarket. For example.. they wanted $2200 just for the Shelby Stripe kit you can buy for under $300.. I don't think they are as concerned about quality as they are losing out on money and I get that....it's their logo.... but I am not really buying the concerned about quality line...
That's where the dealers make there $$$$. That's why I got the base model. I used the extra 3500$ on mods.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:02 AM   #100
Admin

Supporter
Admin

You are correct in that aftermarket parts are cheaper than OEM in most cases. The quality is usually better, but yes, at a higher price. Competetors compete for the business, and that helps us. Quality becomes an issue, and thats up to us to find the best price and the best quality.

I have bought both OEM and aftermarket copies. With OEM, I've not had a problem with fit or finish. With aftermarket, I've had good luck (quality) and bad luck (cheap). So buying aftermarket has advantages in the way of price, but one has to be careful in the purchase, and the part usually does not have much of a warranty, except if purchasing using paypal, which also is careful in whom they allow you to buy from.

My last purchase that did not work out was a plastic (ABS) rear window louver. When it arrived, it was missing one holddown plate, and all the cap nuts were missing. A trip to the hardware store fixed that, but I still contacted the seller to let them know the packaging sucked; all that extra hardware was simply tossed into the box, which tore from shipping. They refunded my paypal account in full ($139.00) and told me to keep the louver. I installed it, and made my Monday morning trip from Orlando to Tampa. That louver began to vibrate and rattle at speeds over 55.
On the way home, It got to the point I could not take it anymore. I pulled over to remove it; all the slats had cracked. So I broke it into pieces and stuffed it into the trunk. No money lost since they had already refunded me. At $139.00, I had not considered it cheap, but compared to the aluminum ones that sell at $350.00 plus dollars, it was.

Lesson for me learned. In some cases, you get what you pay for.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:26 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I finally ordered a pair I'm going to have a friend put them in, but yeah, I'm nervous about cutting into my door too.
LavaRedGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:04 AM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntbruncie View Post
Just so you guys can see where I'm talking about we're I mounted them
Hey bro, I just received them and was wondering what power you used in the door, I don't have lights in the door and didn't want them to be constantly on. Thx!
Old 09-21-2013, 04:25 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
If you got money to burn Starsky007, send me a check for $14.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 05:51 PM   #104
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
So can you still buy them does anybody know ? I would like to get me some.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 05:56 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

I just got mine this week. Seems like good quality. Gonna install them tomorrow. Sorry my hand is in the photo.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130921_185609.png
Views:	189
Size:	442.0 KB
ID:	129786   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130921_185624.png
Views:	177
Size:	442.0 KB
ID:	129787  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang