What CAI should i get? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-16-2013, 03:06 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Salc7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Garnet valley
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 144
What CAI should i get?

I keep hearing different reviews my car is 100% stock except a bama 93 race tune I want to get a CAI but idk which one to get I was gonna go airaid because I thought that would get me the most horsepower. My tuner has an option on it for a steeda CAI already on it I bought it brand new so that kind if confused me. But please I need opinions if an American muscle rep could jump in that'd be great!
Salc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-16-2013, 03:35 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
JMoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salc7 View Post
I keep hearing different reviews my car is 100% stock except a bama 93 race tune I want to get a CAI but idk which one to get I was gonna go airaid because I thought that would get me the most horsepower. My tuner has an option on it for a steeda CAI already on it I bought it brand new so that kind if confused me. But please I need opinions if an American muscle rep could jump in that'd be great!
This topic has been covered a thousand times, try using the search function.
__________________
2012 Mustang V6 Performance White 6AT- Airaid CAI, Borla ATAKS, and Bama 93H Tune

JMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:19 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salc7 View Post
I keep hearing different reviews my car is 100% stock except a bama 93 race tune I want to get a CAI but idk which one to get I was gonna go airaid because I thought that would get me the most horsepower. My tuner has an option on it for a steeda CAI already on it I bought it brand new so that kind if confused me. But please I need opinions if an American muscle rep could jump in that'd be great!
Airraid CAI. Just do it. pull the trigger!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-16-2013, 04:21 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Chicago
Region: Illinois
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Airraid CAI. Just do it. pull the trigger!
Yes. Best bang for your buck, IMO.
And then go use the search function
kutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:30 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by kutch View Post

Yes. Best bang for your buck, IMO.
And then go use the search function
After the search button , just buy the airraid cai and you will be happy you did.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:36 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Lol the steeda will yield the best HP if thats what ur looking for, if not get the airraid
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:39 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
BlackedStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMoney

This topic has been covered a thousand times, try using the search function.
+1000

Seems like every other day there is another intake thread...
__________________
2012 V6 Performance Package
BlackedStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:41 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Salc7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Garnet valley
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 144
Yea sorry guys I didn't even think to search first
Salc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:42 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
MidnightBlueGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 3,887
Jlt next gen or just keep stock
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:55 PM   #10
Evolution's Finest
Supporter
 
ronnie948's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Daytona Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 3,960
Soooo easy a caveman can figure this out

Salc7 said:
[QUOTE]My tuner has an option on it for a steeda CAI already on it /QUOTE]

Get the "STEEDA" CAI.
If you were not going to tune your car an Airaid would be fine.

Ronnie
__________________
2012-candy red- V-6 MCA, Automatic Trans. CFM Valve cover breather. MMD blackTail light trim.Magnaflow axle back street mufflers, JLT oil catch can.MMD hood struts.
Airaid Cold Air intake. red caliper covers, 3.7L performance engine cover, Flat black hood spears.Boss 302 strut brace, CDC rear panel, Trunk Cargo net,--Dash carpet cover,
Viser stickers to cover ugly yellow warning crap,Aluminum driveshafft and Swarr Bar.
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:34 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Chicago
Region: Illinois
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post
Lol the steeda will yield the best HP if thats what ur looking for, if not get the airraid
Steeda would be best with a tune, airraid is good with or without.
But the difference is probably negligible.
kutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:01 AM   #12
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salc7 View Post
I keep hearing different reviews my car is 100% stock except a bama 93 race tune I want to get a CAI but idk which one to get I was gonna go airaid because I thought that would get me the most horsepower. My tuner has an option on it for a steeda CAI already on it I bought it brand new so that kind if confused me. But please I need opinions if an American muscle rep could jump in that'd be great!
There's a ton of different CAI's out there. You really can't go wrong! We have great feedback on all of the top brand intakes such as SR Performance, JLT, Airaid, Steeda etc.. Intake and Tune go hand in hand, the tune will really benefit your new CAI!

You're going to notice an increase in throttle response, engine noise and a little power! It also looks great when you have your hood popped.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future. Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266.

-Dan
__________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266| Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:34 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Chicago
Region: Illinois
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
There's a ton of different CAI's out there. You really can't go wrong! We have great feedback on all of the top brand intakes such as SR Performance, JLT, Airaid, Steeda etc.. Intake and Tune go hand in hand, the tune will really benefit your new CAI!

You're going to notice an increase in throttle response, engine noise and a little power! It also looks great when you have your hood popped.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future. Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266.

-Dan
+1. Well said. Can't go wrong with any one of em
kutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:51 PM   #14
Staff

Regular
Staff
 
Strange Mud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Small Town
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 5,022
The best CAI is whatever one you can find in the used classified section.
__________________
2012 V6 with suspension, shifting, stopping and sound mods.
Strange Mud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:39 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Chicago
Region: Illinois
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
The best CAI is whatever one you can find in the used classified section.
Good call, I found my airaid for $200 gently used.

Good luck!
kutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:04 PM   #16
Admin

Supporter
Admin
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake Mary
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,822
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedStang View Post
+1000

Seems like every other day there is another intake thread...
And next will be the best exhaust to buy....then oil and oil filter.
__________________
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:06 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
And next will be the best exhaust to buy....then oil and oil filter.
We have exhaust system on our stangs? Lmao. Oil, who uses oil? Lol
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



06:53 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.