Ford Warranty - Collective CYA - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-17-2013, 03:14 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Ford Warranty - Collective CYA

Posted on another forum. Will share here as well.

Spoke to a local dealer about the warranty and some of the things I would like to do to my vehicle. I was hoping to have them do as much of them as possible to avoid potential warranty issues.

I was warned that Ford is actively pursuing the cancellation warranty's ANYTIME they SUSPECT (not prove in many cases) that a modification has caused ANY problems with the power train. This is covered in their TSB Ford issues TSB warning against modifications and aftermarket parts for the 2011+ Mustang | Mustangs Daily

I explained the forums for research and heard what I had hoped I would not...

Escalations through forum representatives on publicly accessible websites CAN BE (may also be read as "HAVE BEEN") used to support cancellation of power train warranties.

What this means is that submitting your VIN information for a warranty claim through someone on these forums, what you've posted, and what they may determine to be "your fault" can be used to cancel your warranty.

Tunes are almost becoming automatic cancellations with some dealers. They don't want to be in the middle of a fight with an owner and Ford.

Oh well.
Six7One is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2013, 03:40 PM   #2
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
Wouldn't pursuing the cancellation of someone's warranty on suspicion alone go against the Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act that states there must be solid proof that an aftermarket part caused the issue at hand?
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 03:43 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
They would have to prove it... But in the meantime your car would be down and you're f*****.. A couple years ago Ford was cracking down on guys with 2005 to 2009 cars by checking forum post as well. I can't think of a product that you can modify and still keep a warranty.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2013, 03:58 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrby4d View Post
They would have to prove it... But in the meantime your car would be down and you're f*****.. A couple years ago Ford was cracking down on guys with 2005 to 2009 cars by checking forum post as well. I can't think of a product that you can modify and still keep a warranty.
axleback exhaust lol
emery2483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 04:08 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by emery2483 View Post

axleback exhaust lol
Lmao right??/
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 04:30 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

They do have to prove it. But if you've modded...they don't have too much of a fight to put up in denying a warranty.

They do look at posts and the service manager alluded to the forum escalations as being the evidence they use.
Old 08-17-2013, 07:46 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
No Invite to the Big Dance is Good....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six7One View Post
Posted on another forum. Will share here as well.

Spoke to a local dealer about the warranty and some of the things I would like to do to my vehicle. I was hoping to have them do as much of them as possible to avoid potential warranty issues.

I was warned that Ford is actively pursuing the cancellation warranty's ANYTIME they SUSPECT (not prove in many cases) that a modification has caused ANY problems with the power train. This is covered in their TSB Ford issues TSB warning against modifications and aftermarket parts for the 2011+ Mustang | Mustangs Daily

I explained the forums for research and heard what I had hoped I would not...

Escalations through forum representatives on publicly accessible websites CAN BE (may also be read as "HAVE BEEN") used to support cancellation of power train warranties.

What this means is that submitting your VIN information for a warranty claim through someone on these forums, what you've posted, and what they may determine to be "your fault" can be used to cancel your warranty.

Tunes are almost becoming automatic cancellations with some dealers. They don't want to be in the middle of a fight with an owner and Ford.

Oh well.
And the Good News for a change, I DIDN'T SEE ANYTHING FOR V6 MUSTANGS! For once, it pays to have a V6.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 08:08 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Not quite. The details were during the conversation about my V6.
Basically, mod it and they'll cancel your warranty if they think the can.
Post it on a forum and escalate it through the forum, forum posts can be used to substantiate a warranty cancellation.
They're using the forums as evidence. Against Mustang owners where they can.

That's dirty pool.
Old 08-17-2013, 08:19 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Sure Hope No Dealers are Looking at My Postings...

Quote:
Not quite. The details were during the conversation about my V6.
Basically, mod it and they'll cancel your warranty if they think the can.
Post it on a forum and escalate it through the forum, forum posts can be used to substantiate a warranty cancellation.
They're using the forums as evidence. Against Mustang owners where they can.

That's dirty pool.
Gee Al, who lives in Albuquerque, New Mexico, who drives a Black 2013 V6, sure hope no one is READING THIS FORUM!
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
Old 08-17-2013, 08:22 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Lol, my stang is completely stock and I never drive over the speed limit and will never ever mod it. Just in case. Lol
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 08:25 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13
Lol, my stang is completely stock and I never drive over the speed limit and will never ever mod it. Just in case. Lol
Haha
Old 08-17-2013, 08:29 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
Gee Al, who lives in Albuquerque, New Mexico, who drives a Black 2013 V6, sure hope no one is READING THIS FORUM!
That's cute. Now go eat a bowl of dicks.
Old 08-17-2013, 08:29 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six7One

Lmao!
Old 08-17-2013, 08:30 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:

Lmfao! Holy **** still laughing!!!!
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 08:32 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Opps...forgot the...

I am just kidding around.
Old 08-17-2013, 08:32 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13

Lmfao! Holy **** still laughing!!!!
I know right haha thats hilarious
Old 08-17-2013, 10:46 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Local Delicacies....

Quote:
Must be a Local Dish, not served in any of the restaurants around here. Bon Apetite!
Old 08-17-2013, 10:50 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post

Must be a Local Dish, not served in any of the restaurants around here. Bon Apetite!
Weak. 2+ hours for that?

Come on dude.

Lol
Old 08-18-2013, 08:30 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

This would be hard to prove in court. ... Even if you can prove that I made a post, you can't prove I'm not totally full of **** and posting to be a dick or just to screw around. Just because I said "check out this sweet tri-turbo I just finished" doesn't mean I actually did.... Hell, my custom intake could be a factory intake with a sticker on it, maybe that's custom to me.

And let's not forget that the forum's taking a risk here by allowing Ford reps to get information like this. maybe not legally because these are public forums, but member wise.

Also, the TSB does not mention anything about forums being used to prove a case.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:17 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

That's all true. But it can make it a pain in the butt when you go in and get told you're responsible for the bill.

Dealerships and owners have and always will go round and round about warranty claims.

The fact the manager even mentioned the internet as proof is a bit disconcerting.
Old 08-18-2013, 08:41 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
I'm SOL, lol.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:21 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

[B]
Quote:
Weak. 2+ hours for that?

Come on dude.

Lol
Sorry heathen, had to be in church by 10 a.m. Gee Al, who lives in Albuquerque, New Mexico, who drives a Black 2013 V6, sure hope no one is READING THIS FORUM!

Old 08-19-2013, 12:00 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Your insurance companies are watching too.
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:17 AM   #24
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Facebook is a ^$#@*&^% window into your whole life

I wouldn't worry about this or any other forum as much as I would "FaceBook" Things said on that have had people fired from their jobs, arrested, divorced, alienated by their friends and family's and ruined their lives.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:52 AM   #25
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
I wouldn't worry about this or any other forum as much as I would "FaceBook" Things said on that have had people fired from their jobs, arrested, divorced, alienated by their friends and family's and ruined their lives.

Ronnie
Which is why I'm not a member on any of those types of sites.

And who has given up their VIN on this site, for Ford to see?

In any event, my warranty is long gone. I have nothing to worry about.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:26 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I would be more than happy to test Fords theory they can just void my factory warranty because I have a tune and CAI. If my power window motor stops working I would love to see them prove its the direct result of my tune.

When it comes to bolt on mods you will never come remotely close to the engines max HP and torque limits. In all my years of research I haven't found or read about a tune destroying an engine because it ran the engine lean. The only issue I have ever found about was from AM and the #8 piston which didnt destroy the engine and has been long corrected. That issue was back around the late 2010 year on the early 11 5.0's and AM figured out the issue and long fixed. When was the last time anyone here heard of Bama, Steeda, Lund, MPT, VMP destroyed an engine with their tune?

I could see engine issues with nitrous, high boost on turbo and superchargers but bolt on mods, 99% safe. I'll take my chances and F that factory warranty. The mustang is breed to be modded and I'm not waiting 5 years to do so till my factory 60k mile powertrain runs out. That's why I modded after 6 months with my bolt on's
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 03:04 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Just for the record....My Mustang is 100% stock and my factory 18" all season tires wore out because of defects in only 19,000 miles
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 03:09 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Young View Post
Just for the record....My Mustang is 100% stock and my factory 18" all season tires wore out because of defects in only 19,000 miles
Well , I guess if you had a tune and CAI it would be the fault of that tune. Lol
Old 08-19-2013, 03:46 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrby4d View Post
i can't think of a product that you can modify and still keep a warranty.
Air freshener)
FortyBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 03:50 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortyBrandon View Post

Air freshener)
Lmao.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:14 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Air freshener)
LOL
Old 08-20-2013, 06:16 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Air freshener)
On my last Forum for a Dodge in 2007 someone had a stain on their seat. The dealer denied warranty coverage because they said the stain was caused by an 'air freshener'.
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:25 AM   #33
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Air freshener)
Hmmm. Not sure on this. If something happened to the rear view mirror, they might pin it on the air freshner hanging from it.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:00 AM   #34
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Bucko, You are a nut !!!! Ha! Ha ! Ha !

Quote:
Hmmm. Not sure on this. If something happened to the rear view mirror, they might pin it on the air freshner hanging from it.
I'm still laughing at this one.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:05 AM   #35
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Young View Post
On my last Forum for a Dodge in 2007 someone had a stain on their seat. The dealer denied warranty coverage because they said the stain was caused by an 'air freshener'.
The air freshener was used to cover the root cause of the stained seat.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang