nitrous 2013 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-18-2013, 09:11 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
nitrous 2013

I'm looking to put nitrous in my car. I want to be safe so I would like to know what exactly I need for it to be safe and where I can get nitrous kits. I also need to know how much the whole setup will cost me. I have a 2013 and AM doesn't have a nitrous setup that will fit a 2013 I don't think.
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2013, 10:33 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I know I'm not really providing much to the conversation but aren't you already putting 500 to the wheels?

My god man any more and she'll take flight!
Old 08-18-2013, 10:56 PM   #3
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

...aren't you already putting 500 to the wheels?

From a N/A V6? Where did you get that?
2002 Black/Red GT (Ginger)
2011 Red Candy Metallic V6 (Manfred)
2016 Magnetic Metallic GT (Susie II)
bigmac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2013, 10:59 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I'm procharged. before I build my motor I want put nitrous in it. lol....if I can do it safely
Old 08-19-2013, 09:04 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Well you can do a dry shot or a wet shot. If u go dry then where the nozzle is placed will be very important as you want to make sure it is as direct as possible to avoid a nitrous explosion. Wet is going to be the best performance wise as it is mixed with fuel. Both have their pluses and minuses. Again could be a nitrous explosion if the mixture isnt right and now you ate compoinding the explosion with fuel. You will need to dyno tune over and over either way to be certain it is safe and extremely accurate. I would forge the internals first. You wont ever have to worry about ambient temp ever again thats for sure lol. I would start with a 50 shot and tune it... Then u can change the jets and go higher as u tune. Def go to a race shop that deals with forced induction and nos set ups for tuning and install. Forge first!
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:01 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrby4d View Post
Well you can do a dry shot or a wet shot. If u go dry then where the nozzle is placed will be very important as you want to make sure it is as direct as possible to avoid a nitrous explosion. Wet is going to be the best performance wise as it is mixed with fuel. Both have their pluses and minuses. Again could be a nitrous explosion if the mixture isnt right and now you ate compoinding the explosion with fuel. You will need to dyno tune over and over either way to be certain it is safe and extremely accurate. I would forge the internals first. You wont ever have to worry about ambient temp ever again thats for sure lol. I would start with a 50 shot and tune it... Then u can change the jets and go higher as u tune. Def go to a race shop that deals with forced induction and nos set ups for tuning and install. Forge first!
thanks bro. I appreciate it
Old 08-19-2013, 11:17 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Lots of great info on nitrous and compound boost on the net. Dont just stick to mustang forums. V6, 4cyl, v12 etc.. nos and boost all relative on any platform. Try drag racing forums like streetcar1320.com
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:30 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrby4d View Post
Lots of great info on nitrous and compound boost on the net. Dont just stick to mustang forums. V6, 4cyl, v12 etc.. nos and boost all relative on any platform. Try drag racing forums like streetcar1320.com
okay will do. I jus want that extra power when I need on top of the SC.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang