Mustang Evolution Forum banner

GT muffler question

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  1lowGT 
#1 ·
So I have a 2010 V6 and I found a sweet deal locally on a 13 GT pair of mufflers.
I know the right side one will bolt up to my stock exhaust but how different is the rear valence on the 13? Is the tip going to stick way out or you guys think it will be ok? I can't picke em up till wed so I won't see it till then.

#2 ·
Are these GTs Stock mufflers? Someone on here was complaining about they weren't loud enough. Try doing a search.

#3 ·
^ I think someone was complaining about Gt500s. Might not be the same though.

#5 ·
The later GT500's are great. I think it was the pre-2011 GT500's that have no significant change over stock GT axle backs.

I mention this only for those that do a search in the future (yea, right) on this subject.

#4 ·
Yeah they are stock. Dirt cheap, the pair is 60 bucks so I should be able to get the muffler and install for around a hundred I would think. I'm just wondering how it will look right now. I have seen pics and vids of 2010 and 2011 mufflers on my car but no 2013, I think the tips are longer.
I'm pretty sure I will have to have some cutting and welding done to get it put on too.

#6 ·
Lol yeah the search button. But yeah you're right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.