?? My car just left 2 blackmarks on the pavement... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-20-2013, 07:12 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Durham
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 113
?? My car just left 2 blackmarks on the pavement...

Soooo I'm backing into my driveway right? I pause to check my mirror and make sure I'm not gonna hit my mailbox. When I hit the gas again the front wheels are a little hung up on the front of the drive, so I have to goose it a bit to keep going.

Well I give it a bit too much a squawk the tires unfortunately cause its 8am but hopefully most of my neighborhood is at work!

I get out of the car and on the concrete is not one but two black marks.
They didn't make a 2010 V6 with a t lok right? Or was it cause I was in reverse?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130820_081228.png
Views:	188
Size:	823.2 KB
ID:	124807
Torch10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-20-2013, 08:43 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
08Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch10 View Post
Soooo I'm backing into my driveway right? I pause to check my mirror and make sure I'm not gonna hit my mailbox. When I hit the gas again the front wheels are a little hung up on the front of the drive, so I have to goose it a bit to keep going.

Well I give it a bit too much a squawk the tires unfortunately cause its 8am but hopefully most of my neighborhood is at work!

I get out of the car and on the concrete is not one but two black marks.
They didn't make a 2010 V6 with a t lok right? Or was it cause I was in reverse?
I don't think the 2010 came with the tlok...just regular miserable 7.5"
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:19 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
pwrby4d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 1,020
ya 7.5... did u get your car new? maybe someone swapped. take a pic and i will tell you which one you have or look at the differential housing cover.

The 7.5" is flat on the top and bottom and the sides are round.

The 8.8" is flat on the top, bottom, and sides.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-20-2013, 11:12 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
arturo55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch10 View Post
Soooo I'm backing into my driveway right? I pause to check my mirror and make sure I'm not gonna hit my mailbox. When I hit the gas again the front wheels are a little hung up on the front of the drive, so I have to goose it a bit to keep going.

Well I give it a bit too much a squawk the tires unfortunately cause its 8am but hopefully most of my neighborhood is at work!

I get out of the car and on the concrete is not one but two black marks.
They didn't make a 2010 V6 with a t lok right? Or was it cause I was in reverse?
Honestly that little dip right there could have cause the car to catch like that
arturo55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:21 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Albuquerque
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 484
Easy to do on concrete. Wheels will break loose ever so slightly.

Don't Detroit Drift in your parking space at 0800!
Six7One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:51 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Durham
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Six7One View Post
Easy to do on concrete. Wheels will break loose ever so slightly.

Don't Detroit Drift in your parking space at 0800!
Lol I swear I didn't mean it.
But I'm not wondering why I broke loose, I'm wondering why the hell I left 2 black patches instead of 1. I don't have a locker to my knowledge. I'm getting out of bed now, gonna snap a pic of the rear end.
Torch10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:04 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Durham
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 113
Well it is in fact a 7.5


Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130820_150355.png
Views:	102
Size:	711.8 KB
ID:	124869



Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130820_150417.png
Views:	98
Size:	671.0 KB
ID:	124870
Torch10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:05 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Albuquerque
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch10 View Post

Lol I swear I didn't mean it.
But I'm not wondering why I broke loose, I'm wondering why the hell I left 2 black patches instead of 1. I don't have a locker to my knowledge. I'm getting out of bed now, gonna snap a pic of the rear end.
Not enough traction to break the open diff. So they both spun loose.
Six7One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:16 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Durham
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Six7One View Post

Not enough traction to break the open diff. So they both spun loose.
Ohhhh, now that makes sense! Thanks
Torch10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



02:29 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.