Stock 13 v6 exhaust - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-21-2013, 03:21 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Stock 13 v6 exhaust

How much can I sell my stock mufflers for?
Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2013, 03:42 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
25¢
FastFord13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:48 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Lmao
Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2013, 03:57 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
25¢
OP pm me for $.25 each. free shipping please.
RocknCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 04:09 PM   #5
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Texas
I've found out watching this forum, E-bay and Craig' list that stock parts are hard to even give away. About their only use is to return something to stock to sell it and those folks still have their stock parts. The exception may be GT500 parts for use on lesser models. Good luck anyway.
2002 Black/Red GT (Ginger)
2011 Red Candy Metallic V6 (Manfred)
2016 Magnetic Metallic GT (Susie II)
bigmac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 04:12 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shack View Post
Lmao
Lol, jk jk.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:49 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Hope you have someone down the street from you, that parks her car outside and drives it during the winter. Where as your have removed your stock parts and they are sitting in the storage room in a box. Just a matter of time and mine will be gone.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:21 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac3 View Post
I've found out watching this forum, E-bay and Craig' list that stock parts are hard to even give away. About their only use is to return something to stock to sell it and those folks still have their stock parts. The exception may be GT500 parts for use on lesser models. Good luck anyway.
+1, I'm keeping mine just in case! My stock 17's I ended up sell for 700$. Its hard to sell stock parts for sure.
Old 08-22-2013, 05:36 AM   #9
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
OP, if your car is a stick shift with the slightly differant exhaust you may be able to find someone local with an auto who will give you $40-70 for it.
Old 08-22-2013, 05:41 AM   #10
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
OP, if your car is a stick shift with the slightly differant exhaust you may be able to find someone local with an auto who will give you $40-70 for it.
Good luck with that.

Keep them. When you trade or sell the Mustang, put the stock mufflers back on and sell your aftermarket ones; they will sell.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:11 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud
+1 the stick exhaust is actually quite a bit louder and would be a good choice for someone looking for a subtle note change.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:39 AM   #12
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedStang View Post

+1 the stick exhaust is actually quite a bit louder and would be a good choice for someone looking for a subtle note change.
Not meaning to thread jack here, but what's the physical difference between the auto and the stick exhaust?
Old 08-22-2013, 10:04 AM   #13
Staff

Regular
Staff

The exhaust on the V6 auto has an inner pipe in the tip and is quieter....the stock V6 manual has a decent sounding exhaust (for a 6) I kept my OEMs when I scored a set of used Bassani axle backs but may just try to sell them now that I like the upgrade (and to see if I can say "told you so" to Bucko.....
Old 08-22-2013, 02:58 PM   #14
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The exhaust on the V6 auto has an inner pipe in the tip and is quieter....the stock V6 manual has a decent sounding exhaust (for a 6) I kept my OEMs when I scored a set of used Bassani axle backs but may just try to sell them now that I like the upgrade (and to see if I can say "told you so" to Bucko.....
That's interesting. I'd definitely buy someone's stock exhaust to swap out then.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:14 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIG

That's interesting. I'd definitely buy someone's stock exhaust to swap out then.
Yea I've seen a few people swap out the auto exhaust for a manual one. The difference is like the GT500 axle back. Not too much louder, but a nice subtle tone change. Perfect option for someone who doesn't want to spend couple hundred bucks but wants a different exhaust note.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:27 PM   #16
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIG View Post
If someone pays you more that 30 bucks for them (plus shipping; they are heavy so that adds to the cost), then PT Barnum was correct.....

Not trying to thwart a sale, but if you cut them in half, they make great horse trofts.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:58 PM   #17
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedStang View Post

Yea I've seen a few people swap out the auto exhaust for a manual one. The difference is like the GT500 axle back. Not too much louder, but a nice subtle tone change. Perfect option for someone who doesn't want to spend couple hundred bucks but wants a different exhaust note.
Yeah, that's exactly what I want. I'd be perfectly happy with the exhaust being slightly louder.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:07 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I added GT mufflers and LOVE the sound. I paid 75. I couldnt find GT500 ones for a low price.
Warpdrive13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:59 PM   #19
Staff

Regular
Staff

I'm in CT if anyone is interested in my stock V6 manual mufflers.
Old 09-22-2013, 11:05 PM   #20
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Picked up strangemud's manual mufflers today, and installed them on my automatic.

First of all, I must be a real ape because that was a little harder than I was expecting lol.

Here are a couple of my observations:

As you know, the automatic has the pipe within the tip

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1585276783.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	398.3 KB
ID:	129947

And the whole tip looks different

Name:	image-2934931378.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	397.2 KB
ID:	129948

I'm not sure what the function of the rubber thing on the lower left of the mufflers is, but those are different between the two also.

Name:	image-3719547478.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	396.4 KB
ID:	129949

Also noticed that the manual mufflers are significantly heavier than the automatics.

There is a definite difference between the two, sound wise. It is exactly what I was looking for. Perfect for a daily driver.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:01 AM   #21
Admin

Supporter
Admin

And how much did you pay for them? I purchased a set of GT500's for a hundred bucks.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:00 AM   #22
Staff

Regular
Staff

If Vig wants to say I'm ok with that, I will say it was in the range I thought they were worth. I think (and hope Vig feels the same) that it was a fair price.

I'm surprised at the heavier part, I knew they were heavy but that isn't what I'd expect to hear. I don't think it's H20 as most of my drives are at least 1/2 hr and they've been off for 3/4 months and I didn't hear any sloshing. I'm guessing the rubber is for drone but idk. If you've had a chance to listen how much louder would you say, and a differance in tone?

side note: Vig was someone who showed up when he said he would
Old 09-23-2013, 10:48 AM   #23
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If Vig wants to say I'm ok with that, I will say it was in the range I thought they were worth. I think (and hope Vig feels the same) that it was a fair price. I'm surprised at the heavier part, I knew they were heavy but that isn't what I'd expect to hear. I don't think it's H20 as most of my drives are at least 1/2 hr and they've been off for 3/4 months and I didn't hear any sloshing. I'm guessing the rubber is for drone but idk. If you've had a chance to listen how much louder would you say, and a differance in tone? side note: Vig was someone who showed up when he said he would
I don't think it's water, I just think it's how they were built. I would have felt it if it were water when I was installing it and moving it all around, and I definitely would have heard it by now. I'd be interested to see the differences internally between the two.

As for price, I felt $50 was fair. I'd definitely recommend silentmud for any future dealings.

It has more of a grumble and a deeper note. Especially noticeable on a cold start up. I'm liking the exhaust note on these cars a lot. Since it's a stock setup I don't have any drone or rasp or any of that. I don't mind a little pop, but this setup doesn't do that. I know I'm in the minority with my feelings on pop.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:46 PM   #24
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I put mine on Craigs list for $1000.00

I got a few calls from people in Nigeria that wants to purchase them. One person only has a check for two thousand dollars to send me. I'm to deposit into my checking account and send him one thousand dollars change. His friend will stop by and pick up the mufflers next month.

So don't say the stock mufflers are worthless.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 02:49 PM   #25
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
I got a few calls from people in Nigeria that wants to purchase them. One person only has a check for two thousand dollars to send me. I'm to deposit into my checking account and send him one thousand dollars change. His friend will stop by and pick up the mufflers next month.

So don't say the stock mufflers are worthless.

Ronnie
And be sure to tell those folks you only accept money via Western Union!
Old 09-23-2013, 03:15 PM   #26
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Hey Bucko

I'm no fool. I'm gonna send him cash so he won't be able to get my information such as deposit # or acct # off of one of my checks. If I was dishonest I would just keep the whole $2000. 00 check he sent me but I'm honest so I will send him the $1000.00 cash right away. After all, I still have the Mufflers for another Month.
Ronnie
Old 09-23-2013, 04:53 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
I'm no fool. I'm gonna send him cash so he won't be able to get my information such as deposit # or acct # off of one of my checks. If I was dishonest I would just keep the whole $2000. 00 check he sent me but I'm honest so I will send him the $1000.00 cash right away. After all, I still have the Mufflers for another Month.
Ronnie
Lmao.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:18 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Ronnie
Ha ha ha. Do people think your that dumb to do that. Lmao
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:55 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ronnie
Lmao! I hope you're being sarcastic, and not serious!
But let's assume you're going to do what you said, well it has SCAM written all over it. 1000 bucks he's going to pay you for muflers and that too via a cheque from Nigeria? Lol cmon brah, do your research.
These kinda scams are pretty common on Craig list. A long time ago I had my blackberry on sale for 200 bucks over there. I literally got hundreds of emails to ship it overseas to xyz person, for 600-700 bucks via a bogus Paypal site
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:16 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post

Lmao! I hope you're being sarcastic, and not serious!
But let's assume you're going to do what you said, well it has SCAM written all over it. 1000 bucks he's going to pay you for muflers and that too via a cheque from Nigeria? Lol cmon brah, do your research.
These kinda scams are pretty common on Craig list. A long time ago I had my blackberry on sale for 200 bucks over there. I literally got hundreds of emails to ship it overseas to xyz person, for 600-700 bucks via a bogus Paypal site
No . Of course Ronnie is not serious. Ronnie is an educated chap who was totally being sarcastic.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:47 PM   #31
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Well from what I understand, I come from royalty in Nigeria, and am owed a few mill.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:33 PM   #32
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I just wanted to keep you all awake

I get those types of offers every time I go to sell something on E-Bay or Craigs list. I also get the ones on my E-Mail from the ousted prince that needs to put millions of $$$$ in my account and just send him a few thousand to get out of his country. He really can't use his $$$$ and needs true American currency. It must work for them at some time because they have been doing these scams for a lot of years.

My car is an automatic so my mufflers are totally worthless. I will keep them to replace my Magnaflows if I ever decide to trade my car. Which will be at least ten years from now. I'll be tripping over them and moving them around my garage forever.

Ronnie
Old 09-25-2013, 11:32 AM   #33
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Hey Ronnie, do you get the offers from the Russian girls that want to marry you?
Old 09-25-2013, 12:22 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Hey Ronnie, do you get the offers from the Russian girls that want to marry you?
Ohhh. I don't get any offers. Are they hot? I could use a second wife , one who rubs my feet.
Old 09-25-2013, 01:05 PM   #35
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Well, I I ever got any offers ********

I would probably be married now Especially if I found one that would rub my feet.
Ha ! Ha !

Ronnie

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang