Same old sh... - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-27-2013, 06:38 AM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
The drivers in Germany are light years ahead of us when it comes to driver education. last I heard, it was about 2 to 3 months of school which sets you back almost 1500 hundred bucks. Then it's two road tests.

Screw up your driving privledge by doing something stupid, and you loose your driving permit for 6 months, and have to take school again at a cost.

I'd much rather drive in Germany at the speeds folks talk about here. Much safer.
Yep I could have taken my drivers test drunk and going backwards .. When I got done I asked him that's it and he was like yep u passed and I said wow that's to easy
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2013, 06:44 AM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2300turboford View Post

Yep I could have taken my drivers test drunk and going backwards .. When I got done I asked him that's it and he was like yep u passed and I said wow that's to easy
I was drunk and drove backwards for my test. Ba ha ha ha ha
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 03:48 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxPIKExx View Post
I imagine they were thinking of who was buying these v6 cars when they decided to design it as such. Should rental cars be able to go 120 mph with people behind the wheel who's dd is a Sentra or Camry? Are most younger people responsible enough to not go over 113 mph, with limited driving history and no real understanding of the consequences to their actions? Things have to be nerfed sometimes to protect the stupid, and in turn the general public
Are most younger people responsible enough to not go over 113 mph? Not in here!
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2013, 03:57 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post

Are most younger people responsible enough to not go over 113 mph? Not in here!
Lol. The younger owners of the 11 plus V6 models can easily spend $379 on a performance tuner and there goes the speed limiter.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:26 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Lol. The younger owners of the 11 plus V6 models can easily spend $379 on a performance tuner and there goes the speed limiter.
My dad said he was going to put a limiter on my car, from the factory.
I smiled.

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

*from ford not the factory
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:09 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Not sure why people get the impression that young mustang owners are unsafe, risk-prone drivers. I'm young (22) and I'm aware I might not have years of experience some of you guys might have.

But as it stands, the car is more important to me (in the economical sense) than it is for you guys who have careers etc, so I'd argue that I take even less risks etc.

So what if the car can go 113mph, here in Canada that gets your car taken away immediately (lol). Save it for the track.
Kustumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:56 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kustumb View Post
Not sure why people get the impression that young mustang owners are unsafe, risk-prone drivers. I'm young (22) and I'm aware I might not have years of experience some of you guys might have.

But as it stands, the car is more important to me (in the economical sense) than it is for you guys who have careers etc, so I'd argue that I take even less risks etc.

So what if the car can go 113mph, here in Canada that gets your car taken away immediately (lol). Save it for the track.
All of us here at ME save those high speeds for the track. Driving 140 mph on most U.S. public roadways would be illegal and we would never do those kind of illegal things. Those are naughty and dangerous ways!
Old 08-29-2013, 07:31 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I've got the performance package on my mustang. So the suspension is the same with upgraded braked. The tires that came with the package are rated at 180 or 190mph. Obviously, you need to show sound judgment when going at those speeds, but let's face it. Ford didn't put a trackapp on the car for nothing and don't give me that it's only for the track stuff. Racing tracks already have timers for that. They just didn't want to get sued.
D2theJ2theC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:34 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
And here's a little side note

If I want to go fast, on public roads, I don't go Tokyo drift.
It's when there's no one around.
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:46 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by D2theJ2theC View Post
I've got the performance package on my mustang. So the suspension is the same with upgraded braked. The tires that came with the package are rated at 180 or 190mph. Obviously, you need to show sound judgment when going at those speeds, but let's face it. Ford didn't put a trackapp on the car for nothing and don't give me that it's only for the track stuff. Racing tracks already have timers for that. They just didn't want to get sued.
Lawl.
Kustumb is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang