2014 V6 Premium and Clutch Pedal Clicks - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-23-2013, 04:03 PM   #1

Region: Illinois
2014 V6 Premium and Clutch Pedal Clicks

This is my first post on here. I got my car less than a week ago and I know I can go into the dealer with any problems and I plan to. I just wanted to get opinions from others out there. See if anyone else experienced anything like this. I noticed the other day that my clutch pedal clicks when I reach about half way and then clicks at the same point when releasing. The click can be felt on the foot and when I put my head near the pedal and push with my hand, I can hear that it is coming from the pedal. This is very subtle and honestly can barely notice until you are stopped and it's quiet in the car. I am not sure if this is simply parts breaking in or if I have an issue that needs to be taken care of. Again, I plan to bring it in and get it looked at. The car drives smoothly and perfectly fine. No issues except for the minute clicking. Also, I haven't even truly pushed this car yet. It has about 400 hundred miles on it and I have been taking it easy on the car as it breaks in.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Anyone may know what this could be?

Any advice and information on this would be much appreciated, so I am not worrying about it or at least know what to expect until I can make it in to the dealership.

Thanks for the info ahead of time!
Drumbum7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2013, 04:46 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Congrats on the new car. My 13 did it for the first few hundred and.then stopped. No issues.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:59 PM   #3

Thanks! I'm loving this car! It's a blast to drive And I'm glad to hear that the sound went away for you after a little bit. Hopefully that's all it is for me too. Like I said, it's super minor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2013, 05:14 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Fun cars. Pretty low on issues. You will here thrvflywheel chatter. Normal as these cars have dual mass flywheels. You will also here and feel some vibrations at lower rpm. Get the barton shifter bracket ( low buck mod) and the car will shift much better.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:57 PM   #5

Ya I've definitely noticed the minor vibration. Just assumed it was normal. Thanks for the info on the car. Should I be worried about those issues you listed? Something I should look out for?
Old 08-23-2013, 06:09 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Nah. The only one I would really do is the one I suggested right off the bat. The shifyer bracket is really squishy. You will prob miss 2nd to 3rd higher rpm. The Barton shifter bracket does a good job. If u r really serious and want to drop a few hundred then get the mgw shifter package. I have just the bracket and it makes.it 1000 times better.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:01 PM   #7

I will definitely look into it! Thanks for all you help!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

« GT 350 | Mpg on V6 »