Buying a 13-14 V6 Premium w/ PP - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-23-2013, 04:24 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Buying a 13-14 V6 Premium w/ PP

In the Spring, I'm planning to pull the trigger on either a 13 or 14 V6 premium, Grabber Blue, manual, w/ Performance Package. Preferably used (I dont want to suck up the huge depreciating costs) and with relatively low mileage. How much do you think I'd be able to grab something like this up for in early 2014?

Secondly. The 2015 Stang has been revealed (At least the front), which means there will be many people trading in their 13's and 14's for the brand spankin' new 15's. Deals will be had because of this and I REALLY want to jump on that boat. Assuming Ford releases the 2015 on April 17th, like that did the 1964 Mustang, when do you think people will be handing in their ponies? Will people be able to grab them at dealerships or order them the 18th? or what?

Recommendation from people who've purchased with strategy similar to this before would be much appreciated!
tgmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2013, 05:12 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
The best time to answer that particular question will be next spring. As soon as they announce the 2015's official date, price, etc., everything you know about pricing on 2013-2014's will have changed.

It is very difficult to predict what cars will be sold for in 7 months. But, historically every new model year brings a small drop in value to prior years. Heck, Ford may be blowing away new ones at worthwhile pricing.

Do you have any idea on what you're budget will be like?
Six7One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:08 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
If a lot just gotta have a new 15, look at the dealers and make a deal on a brand new one. If you worried about depreciation, buy a big wheel.

2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2013, 01:55 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgmeyer View Post
In the Spring, I'm planning to pull the trigger on either a 13 or 14 V6 premium, Grabber Blue, manual, w/ Performance Package. Preferably used (I dont want to suck up the huge depreciating costs) and with relatively low mileage. How much do you think I'd be able to grab something like this up for in early 2014?

Secondly. The 2015 Stang has been revealed (At least the front), which means there will be many people trading in their 13's and 14's for the brand spankin' new 15's. Deals will be had because of this and I REALLY want to jump on that boat. Assuming Ford releases the 2015 on April 17th, like that did the 1964 Mustang, when do you think people will be handing in their ponies? Will people be able to grab them at dealerships or order them the 18th? or what?

Recommendation from people who've purchased with strategy similar to this before would be much appreciated!
My guess is it might be a little difficult finding a used car optioned exactly the way you want. I'm thinking you will be spending low 20s.
GrabberMeBlue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 02:22 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post

My guess is it might be a little difficult finding a used car optioned exactly the way you want. I'm thinking you will be spending low 20s.
I'm willing to go anywhere to get though. Get it shipped here.
tgmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:37 AM   #6
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
+1 on your needing to maybe expand your scope of what you want......I suggest just looking for a V6 and spending some $ on improving the suspension/tires/etc to make your own Perf Pack.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:02 AM   #7
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
If a lot just gotta have a new 15, look at the dealers and make a deal on a brand new one. If you worried about depreciation, buy a big wheel.

Not this guy. I'll buy a nice, clean, pre '15 over new anyday.

Even the big wheel would be better than new. I like saving money, and driving clean, used vehicles.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang