My poor baby! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-23-2013, 05:20 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
My poor baby!

So the other day one of the most horrible things happened to me; I T-boned a '09 Civic cuz she pulled out from a stop sign turning left. I had the right-away and she just didn't look. i didn't see her pull out cuz a big red truck in front of me was turning right towards her. Needless to say it wasn't my fault and now i have a wrecked front bumper, license plate rack, both grills and my hood is bent. Amazingly though the hood latch still worked and i was able to take a peak under the hood and nothing seemed damaged other than my Radiator Cover. She's still driveable and no "check engine" lights or leaks have occurred.

Soooooo....her insurance is paying for everything and i'm scheduled to get a damage quote for my insurance company. If i decide not to go with the place that quoted me my insurance sends me the estimate quote check to get the repairs done and i see this as a bit of a blessing in disguise. Now obviously she still needs to be looked at professionally and i hope nothing else is wrong other than bumper and hood but this just might be the oportunity to get a nice aftermarket setup i've been wanting. Normally i'm a "performance first" all day every day but to basically get free aesthetic upgrades...kinda can't pass that up.

My question to you fine fellow Stang drivers is basically; if the damage assessed is essentially just my front bumper/facia and hood and i'm getting a quote for replacements (not refurbishment!) what do you guys think I might get quoted. Unfortunately my estimate appointment isn't until Wednesday so i thought i'd get some good educated guesses from a community that would know better than i would, and i'm impatient with finding out these numbers i guess haha
'12 v6, Black, Manual, JLT CAI, Flow master Original 40 series axle back, BAMA tune 93performance, Trufiber 3" cowl hood, GT Bumper w/ billet grille, Boss 302 Lower Facia and Boss chin splitter, Raxiom Smoked Headlights and Tail lights, Solarwing II, and a Car Seat for the shorty!
Feedback is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2013, 05:35 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Pictures???

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 05:41 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Good call Lol

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130822_142538_832.jpg
Views:	655
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	125366

Name:	IMG_20130823_143149_552.jpg
Views:	635
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	125367

Name:	IMG_20130822_142557_019.jpg
Views:	655
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	125368

Name:	IMG_20130823_143230_099.jpg
Views:	665
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	125369
'12 v6, Black, Manual, JLT CAI, Flow master Original 40 series axle back, BAMA tune 93performance, Trufiber 3" cowl hood, GT Bumper w/ billet grille, Boss 302 Lower Facia and Boss chin splitter, Raxiom Smoked Headlights and Tail lights, Solarwing II, and a Car Seat for the shorty!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2013, 06:49 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Atleast you boned out a Honda! lol

If it were me I'd already be looking at ram air hoods.
RocknCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:12 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocknCali View Post
Atleast you boned out a Honda! lol

If it were me I'd already be looking at ram air hoods.
Lol literally a Civic Eater!!!

oh yeah definitely ""One Cervinis Mustang Stalker Hood (10-12 GT, V6) 1214 please!" amongst other things should the estimate provide enough $$. I can't imagine the estimate being too far over $2k but one can hope (and hope nothing is wrong mechanically either of course)
Old 08-23-2013, 07:56 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Since its going through insurance. Most likely what they will do is price the parts of replacement. New hood from factory = so much. (Idk the price) lol.

This is what they did to mine with hail damage. New hood and both fenders. For my front end of my mustang. And I'm sure they're going to replace everything up front. So maybe work a deal with the body shop and if you have enough money they give you for a new hood!!
silvrbullet2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:03 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
So the other day one of the most horrible things happened to me; I T-boned a '09 Civic cuz she pulled out from a stop sign turning left. I had the right-away and she just didn't look. i didn't see her pull out cuz a big red truck in front of me was turning right towards her. Needless to say it wasn't my fault and now i have a wrecked front bumper, license plate rack, both grills and my hood is bent. Amazingly though the hood latch still worked and i was able to take a peak under the hood and nothing seemed damaged other than my Radiator Cover. She's still driveable and no "check engine" lights or leaks have occurred.

Soooooo....her insurance is paying for everything and i'm scheduled to get a damage quote for my insurance company. If i decide not to go with the place that quoted me my insurance sends me the estimate quote check to get the repairs done and i see this as a bit of a blessing in disguise. Now obviously she still needs to be looked at professionally and i hope nothing else is wrong other than bumper and hood but this just might be the oportunity to get a nice aftermarket setup i've been wanting. Normally i'm a "performance first" all day every day but to basically get free aesthetic upgrades...kinda can't pass that up.

My question to you fine fellow Stang drivers is basically; if the damage assessed is essentially just my front bumper/facia and hood and i'm getting a quote for replacements (not refurbishment!) what do you guys think I might get quoted. Unfortunately my estimate appointment isn't until Wednesday so i thought i'd get some good educated guesses from a community that would know better than i would, and i'm impatient with finding out these numbers i guess haha
Running dead today. I didn't see you mentioned any injuries for yourself? Did the air bag deploy? As long as your ok, DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:01 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
Running dead today. I didn't see you mentioned any injuries for yourself? Did the air bag deploy? As long as your ok, DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF.
Oh yeah I was fine. Our stangs are hardcore, I probably only hit her going 20ish. Her side bags deployed, none of mine did so that was good. My trunk popped open though lol
Old 08-24-2013, 12:27 PM   #9
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Oh ! Heck,

All of that damage can be banged out and painted at A good shop like "MACO" or Earl Schieb's. You should give the insurance company a break and don't let them spend more then they have to.They spend enough in TV commercials to keep us all entertained.

************************** just kidding******************************************

Really, I feel bad for you but at least She did have insurance. I'm just happy you did not get injured.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:03 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Time for a nice ram air hood and a gt front bumper
Ntbruncie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:08 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

The GT stock front bumper fits on our 6ers?

Still antsy bout what my estimate will be. It shouldnt be less than 2k right?
Old 08-24-2013, 01:10 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
The GT stock front bumper fits on our 6ers?

Still antsy bout what my estimate will be. It shouldnt be less than 2k right?
Yes the gt does you need the lower portion the grill and grill surround. Hard to say what it might cost to fix ur car. That sucks dude
Ntbruncie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:52 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Glad to read that you're okay.

Get an independent quote using all Ford Parts.

DON'T let them undercut you on the offer. They may try to quote the work out with fewer hours than book rate and with non-OEM parts.

Your insurance pays you? I would have thought their insurance took care of it. Different states I guess?

In a nutshell, they are responsible for making you whole on this matter. Don't settle for less than what you had prior to the accident. A good independent shop (assuming you have a check) will install any part you like...new hood, different bumper...
Six7One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:39 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
since it's going through insurance
You can get a takeoff front bumper cover from a GT in excellent condition for $250.
at this point, you can choose to replace, or repair your hood, our hoods are made out of aluminum, not fiberglass, so repairs are doable, and not too bad.
as far as checking for damage. inspect the actual bumper, not bumper cover. and the foam infront of it.

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

Mustang GT 10 11 12 OEM Mustang Front Bumper AND Grille W Fogs S197 S 197 GT | eBay
thi sone is 380 and 180 shipping.
it includes a bumper that is practically brand new, the grille, lower valence, and fogs
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 05:08 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

$4,500 for the estimate. Gonna double check the full bumper but everything is basically cosmetic. Insurance is gonna cut me the $$ soon so onward to the shopping list! I got a guy who can paint everything for a case of beer and that i buy the paint, most likely by the quart lol and he does amazing work so bonus there. Hood, GT bumper and grille, headlights and maybe finish up the appearance with some side rockers, rear valance and tail lights, we'll see. but that front end is happening. me and my buds can do all the installation, for free! haha thanks for the replies guys and i'll post up updates with pics and such!
Old 08-28-2013, 06:49 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
$4,500 for the estimate. Gonna double check the full bumper but everything is basically cosmetic. Insurance is gonna cut me the $$ soon so onward to the shopping list! I got a guy who can paint everything for a case of beer and that i buy the paint, most likely by the quart lol and he does amazing work so bonus there. Hood, GT bumper and grille, headlights and maybe finish up the appearance with some side rockers, rear valance and tail lights, we'll see. but that front end is happening. me and my buds can do all the installation, for free! haha thanks for the replies guys and i'll post up updates with pics and such!
Heck yeah man, make sure your buddy drinks after he paints lol
Sbales88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:22 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Bales View Post
Heck yeah man, make sure your buddy drinks after he paints lol
Buy him some pizza before and during. Hold onto the beer until after the spraying is done.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:31 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I would do a gt front conversion if it was me
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:20 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
I had practically the same thing happen to me in my 07 I had. Difference was a Honda CRV instead of a civic. The collision totaled her car shoving the rear end out the other side and clambering it. Mine however had a small hole in the bumper and a crease in the nose end of the hood. It was over 3k to fix.

Hope this helps.
lllTRADEMARKlll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:54 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

So my question for you guys would have to be: where can I buy ford black paint by the quart to bring to my painter?
Old 08-30-2013, 12:28 PM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feedback
So my question for you guys would have to be: where can I buy ford black paint by the quart to bring to my painter?
Oreilleys
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:32 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
Oreilleys

Awesome I'll check them out thanks!!
Old 08-30-2013, 04:02 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
NAPA sells a lot of car paint where i live in Tennessee. If you have a NAPA near you, i would check them out.

Glad you are ok and your Mustang will be as good as new when they finish
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:35 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

All parts ordered! 3" cowl hood, gt bumper with 7-bar grille and grille surround (without fogs). Boss lower facia with splitter, and had enough to get raxiom tail lights and headlights, and a couple other little extras. Now we play "The Waiting Game"....
Old 09-05-2013, 11:25 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
All parts ordered! 3" cowl hood, gt bumper with 7-bar grille and grille surround (without fogs). Boss lower facia with splitter, and had enough to get raxiom tail lights and headlights, and a couple other little extras. Now we play "The Waiting Game"....
You've to e bought to paint the hood, right :p
Old 09-05-2013, 11:45 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I got a reputable place who gave me a ballpark number to paint the hood for $250. That's if the fiberglass doesn't need to be straightened out any. I hear Trufiber is pretty good about their hoods so I shouldn't be too worried should I?
Old 09-06-2013, 08:09 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah I got a reputable place who gave me a ballpark number to paint the hood for $250. That's if the fiberglass doesn't need to be straightened out any. I hear Trufiber is pretty good about their hoods so I shouldn't be too worried should I?
As long as the ups lady doesn't decide to toss you ish all over the place XD
Old 09-06-2013, 06:10 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Trufiber is good. they're located in my hometown of corona, ca
RocknCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:42 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Ok so here's the update with the repairs. Got the GT bumper with lower Boss Facia and raxiom headlights done. Ordered a fiberglass 3" cowl hood but had to send it back once because of a major crack and piece missing from it (thank you Estes delivery.....) and they sent me another hood that has just as big of a crack but it's on the underside and I hear that's not that bad and can be fixed when it goes in to be painted so i might still do that otherwise i'll just have to have my OEM hood repaired. Anyways here are the pics:

Before

Name:	IMG_20130921_131755_746.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	130928

After

Name:	IMG_20130930_171502_143.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	130929

Name:	IMG_20130930_171850_719.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	130930

Just a little extra (Solarwing II and Raxiom smoked tail lights)

Name:	IMG_20130930_171607_625.jpg
Views:	443
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	130931

Name:	IMG_20130930_171700_384.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	130933
Old 10-01-2013, 12:07 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Some rims would set it off sweetly!
silvrbullet2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:17 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Nice great taste the only thing i would remove is the window wing
Cold Air Intake
K&N Air Filter
Front sway bar Bushings
andregayola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:26 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
That Boss fascia looks sick, I also love the Raxiom taillights, and I can't wait to get mine.

That "solarwing" looks interesting. Where did you get it?
2 Stangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:43 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

The solar wing is an interesting piece no doubt. But I like it. Its unique and def sets mine apart from others in my area (here's the link: 2005-2014 Mustang Rear Solarwing LIP for top of rear window GTS Smoked Lens [51241] - $129.99 : MrBodykit.com, The Most Diverse Mustang Bodykits and Mustang Aftermarket Parts on the Planet

Rims would be nice but winter is coming so that'll have to wait. Besides I think its time for gears. I'd like to finish the performance upgrades before aesthetic.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:00 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Thanks. I'll check it out.
2 Stangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 05:13 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Ok guys last update. All is complete!!!

Name:	CFE_off.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	910.0 KB
ID:	132195

Name:	CFE_on.jpg
Views:	470
Size:	1.47 MB
ID:	132196

Name:	CFE_angle.jpg
Views:	439
Size:	936.7 KB
ID:	132197

Name:	NCM_0014[1].JPG
Views:	408
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	132198

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang