Finally got my Mustang - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-27-2013, 02:11 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
I've got 4100 miles on mine and I've only had it 4 months 0.o
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2013, 07:38 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post

I would rather have a well equipped 3.7 over a base GT for a DD. If I were looking for performance it would have had a V8.

For a comparably equipped GT the cost would have been around 8k more.
Me too! After test driving both cars I grabbed the order book and went to work I studied everything I could both on you tube and read every single review online I could find. Decided on the V6 premium and went crazy on the bling! Security package navigation package comfort package, even upgraded the wheels with the pony package. For what I paid for this car I could of gotten the basic v8 but none of the cool bling. These roads here in California wouldn't permit me to drive any faster anyway so why pay for speed I can't use? That's ok ill sit here all cozy in my heated seats with my climate control on 80 and watch the v8s go thundering past me. Ill even wave at them as they go by!
Mustanglulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:06 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
Thanks all.

I bought the car with 2.73's for a reason. I was just stating that it's a bit lacking on power under 2500 rpm, however after that it is quite impressive for "just a V6." If I want to feel real torque, I will take a spin in my Z28.

This car will likely never see gears as it is my new DD and I highway commute a lot so a tall rear end gear is a must. It will however see an intake, tune, full exhaust, aftermarket shifter and maybe a 100 shot in the next few years.

The glass roof is quite awesome btw. If anyone is considering it, I would recommend it.
The dealership I bought mine from talked me out of ordering the glass roof pack. Stupid stupid stupid. Lol. Oh well. I love my car. Congratulations on yours! It's very stunning.
lllTRADEMARKlll is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2013, 08:09 PM   #39

Region: Washington
What was the reason they talked you out of the roof for? Cant wait until we have ours!!!!
MCA2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:48 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustanglulu View Post
Me too! After test driving both cars I grabbed the order book and went to work I studied everything I could both on you tube and read every single review online I could find. Decided on the V6 premium and went crazy on the bling! Security package navigation package comfort package, even upgraded the wheels with the pony package. For what I paid for this car I could of gotten the basic v8 but none of the cool bling. These roads here in California wouldn't permit me to drive any faster anyway so why pay for speed I can't use? That's ok ill sit here all cozy in my heated seats with my climate control on 80 and watch the v8s go thundering past me. Ill even wave at them as they go by!
I think it's rather impressive how much nicer (more comfortable) the premium interior is than the base interior. Not that the base interior is bad, it's just really plain and wasn't really an upgrade from what I had before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllTRADEMARKlll View Post
The dealership I bought mine from talked me out of ordering the glass roof pack. Stupid stupid stupid. Lol. Oh well. I love my car. Congratulations on yours! It's very stunning.
They tried the same crap on me. They told me the sun shade sags and that overall it's just crap. I didn't care as every car I have had, has had a sunroof, moonroof or T-tops. The thought of being in a car without any form of natural lighting was depressing so, at the last minute, I had them change the order to include it. Needless to say, when it showed up, everyone at the dealership absolutely loved it. So, either the previous glass roofs sucked or they were just making stuff up.

Also, thanks for all the comments on the car. I have yet to see one even similar to mine and there are a lot of Mustangs running around my neck of the woods.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:05 AM   #41
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironsurvivor View Post
I've got 4100 miles on mine and I've only had it 4 months 0.o
I've had mine 14 months, and have 52K on it!

The more you drive them, the better they get!
Old 08-28-2013, 11:00 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Dang! I just absolutely love driving it. We've got these great just beautiful backroads behind my house. That I love to go out on. Nobody is ever out there and I've never seen a cop back there. Just go back there, enjoy the scenery, and play
Old 08-28-2013, 05:26 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironsurvivor View Post
Dang! I just absolutely love driving it. We've got these great just beautiful backroads behind my house. That I love to go out on. Nobody is ever out there and I've never seen a cop back there. Just go back there, enjoy the scenery, and play
Driving home after work I easily add 10 extra minutes on my commute time just because the road is way more fun to drive

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
I've had mine 14 months, and have 52K on it!

The more you drive them, the better they get!
Yep!
Mustanglulu is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang