Ford Racing - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-24-2013, 08:17 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Ford Racing

Has anyone tried the Ford Racing axle back mufflers (M-5230-MV6LA). If so would be interested in opinions. I want something not too loud and not droning at highway speeds. Just want a little muscle sound on acceleration and idle.
Have not priced them yet but think OEM parts might be very expensive.
For reasonable costs what are the recommendations based on my desires re sound?
Anyone got a part # for Magnaflow axle back - their sight doesn't show any axle backs for 2013's V6.

Thanks for your comments..................
Deep Impact is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2013, 12:39 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Impact View Post
Has anyone tried the Ford Racing axle back mufflers (M-5230-MV6LA). If so would be interested in opinions. I want something not too loud and not droning at highway speeds. Just want a little muscle sound on acceleration and idle.
Have not priced them yet but think OEM parts might be very expensive.
For reasonable costs what are the recommendations based on my desires re sound?
Anyone got a part # for Magnaflow axle back - their sight doesn't show any axle backs for 2013's V6.

Thanks for your comments..................
Loud and Raspy Sounding. However, for me, when you get up to speed, you can talk in the car without being drowned out. Go to YouTube. You can find a clip on there. American Muscle has them for $669.99 plus 6% discount, once you get the discount code. Beware, costs for shipping to Canada have duties and higher shipping charges.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:04 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for the info. Seem too loud for me.

Anyone with Magnaflow? Appreciate your comments. as I stated want some throaty noise but not lots.
Deep Impact is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2013, 08:08 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang

Loud and Raspy Sounding. However, for me, when you get up to speed, you can talk in the car without being drowned out. Go to YouTube. You can find a clip on there. American Muscle has them for $669.99 plus 6% discount, once you get the discount code. Beware, costs for shipping to Canada have duties and higher shipping charges.
Loud and raspy? That is the complete opposite of the ford racing axle backs. I've had them over a year now and they are perfect. Very nice deep tone not too much louder at all over the stock exhaust. DEFINITELY not raspy at all. Listen to some youtube videos their are tons.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:41 AM   #5
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
hI DEEP IMPACT

Go to this link and watch the video:

Borla makes the Ford Racing Mufflers and listen to the touring's. They show all three for the Mustang 3.7 but the touring are not as loud but as good as far as performance goes.

As far as Magnaflows go, You would need to get the cat back system for your 2013 due to Ford decided to change the position of the hangers for 2013.

I personally love the looks and sound of my Magnaflow streets. My car is a 2012 so I only had to get the axlebacks. I think there are some people on this forum that installed the 2012 axlebacks on their 2013 3.7's bu moving the stock hangers or something. Maybe one of them will see this post and give advice.

My Magnaflow streets are nice and deep when just driving around town and not obnoxious or overly loud at all. You have to tune your ear to hear them inside of the car. That is until you floor it. Then they come alive with a wicked roar. They are made of stainless steel with great looking beefy tips.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:25 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedStang View Post

Loud and raspy? That is the complete opposite of the ford racing axle backs. I've had them over a year now and they are perfect. Very nice deep tone not too much louder at all over the stock exhaust. DEFINITELY not raspy at all. Listen to some youtube videos their are tons.
+1, they are not raspy or very loud, I love the sound of them. Now my Roush are guilty of being ****ing loud and a little raspy! Lol
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:50 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Just put mine on this weekend. +1 on the ford racing. Love the sound. I bought mine from Americanmuscle with the discount not raspy at all.
Shockesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:07 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Here are my Borla Touring with BBK Short tubes and the FRPP Cut and clamp X-Pipe. You can find them for under 600 USD with free shipping to the US

They are the same as the FRPP Touring with bigger tips, just like the Borla S Type are the same as the FRPP Sports with different tips.
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:16 PM   #9

Region: Pennsylvania
I have the flowmaster force ll On my 2012 it has a deep tone and not to raspy. Got mine from Am. Muscle. They also have sound clips for different axle- back systems.
scots2012stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:48 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
+1, they are not raspy or very loud, I love the sound of them. Now my Roush are guilty of being ****ing loud and a little raspy! Lol
But we love it, right?!?

An outstanding DD
dgrum04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:50 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrum04 View Post

But we love it, right?!?
Wouldn't have it any other way!!!!!
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang