bolt ons question - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-26-2013, 03:27 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo55 View Post

The reason I ask is because I raced my friend that also have a v6 mustang and all he has is a mpt tune and cold air intake and I have bama 93 race tune gears and ds and he beat me
:cough: he had a driver mod
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2013, 03:44 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post

:cough: he had a driver mod
I could have played a factor too
arturo55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:53 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

yup. when I was N/A having 4.10s decent tires (still had wheel spin) LCAs UCA cai and MPT I beat my friends new 5.0 with just cai all day long up until about 80ish mph n then he caught up. with bama I was a half of car length behind him. bama is good but they are conservative. I asked for MPT to give me their most aggressive tune and my performance was mind blowing. I am NOT exaggerating.
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2013, 04:08 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 stang22 View Post
yup. when I was N/A having 4.10s decent tires (still had wheel spin) LCAs UCA cai and MPT I beat my friends new 5.0 with just cai all day long up until about 80ish mph n then he caught up. with bama I was a half of car length behind him. bama is good but they are conservative. I asked for MPT to give me their most aggressive tune and my performance was mind blowing. I am NOT exaggerating.
From someone who is using MPT as well, its no joke. The real deal. The mpt is a very aggressive powerful tune with amazing firm shift points. Best 75 dollars spent for one tune. I also like my 91 hybrid tune as well but mpt is no joke. I have no doubt I could beat a stock automatic 5.0 with 3:15 gears in the quarter mile and 0-60 with my mods and mpt tune. Hands down.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:47 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

From someone who is using MPT as well, its no joke. The real deal. The mpt is a very aggressive powerful tune with amazing firm shift points. Best 75 dollars spent for one tune. I also like my 91 hybrid tune as well but mpt is no joke. I have no doubt I could beat a stock automatic 5.0 with 3:15 gears in the quarter mile and 0-60 with my mods and mpt tune. Hands down.
Yea I found out the hard way a raced a v6 with cold air intake and a mpt tune and it beat me
Old 08-26-2013, 04:49 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yea I found out the hard I raced a v6 with cold air intake and a mpt tune and it beat me
And you have bama tune , driveshaft one piece , 3:55 gears and lost to buddy with MPT tune and CAI. That mpt tune is no joke. Its the real deal
Old 08-26-2013, 04:51 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Here's a question. People keep talking about the MPT tunes being more aggressive than BAMA tunes, but at some point can a tune damage your engine from getting too aggressive with the tuning
Tyriqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:56 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyriqq View Post
Here's a question. People keep talking about the MPT tunes being more aggressive than BAMA tunes, but at some point can a tune damage your engine from getting too aggressive with the tuning
As long as the tune is done correctly then tunes are perfectly safe. MPT has been in business for 10 years doing tunes on cars and the employees all worked prior for sct. I had researched MPT and could not find one case accusing MPT of blowing up the engine or transmission. If MPT was jacking engines up, they wouldn't be in business for 10 years. In general as long as the tune is done correctly you will never reach your engines full HP capabilities with just bolt on mods and tune.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:13 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

And you have bama tune , driveshaft one piece , 3:55 gears and lost to buddy with MPT tune and CAI. That mpt tune is no joke. Its the real deal
I think I'm going to keep my bama and get the header and x pipe cold air intake and see how it works with 93 race and if I dont like I'll switch to mpt
Old 08-26-2013, 06:55 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I think I'm going to keep my bama and get the header and x pipe cold air intake and see how it works with 93 race and if I dont like I'll switch to mpt
You will like the race or hybrid tunes very much with those mods. You will just like the mpt more with the same mods. Lmao
Old 08-26-2013, 06:58 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

^ this guy
Old 08-26-2013, 06:59 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
^ this guy
Lmao. Now that was funny.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:02 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lmao. Now that was funny.
True
Old 08-26-2013, 07:31 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

I think bama should try to go more aggressive to compete with MPT. I'm sure if they put their heads together they could come with something badass. American muscle has a hell of a team.
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:07 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I think bama should try to go more aggressive to compete with MPT. I'm sure if they put their heads together they could come with something badass. American muscle has a hell of a team.
True
Old 08-26-2013, 08:49 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
+1 I wanted more aggressive throttle etc and was told I didn't need/want to go more aggressive than the hybrid.

I'm content and I am getting my new tuner with my new datalogged 93h this week in it.( I stumped sct and bama as my tuner would but load tunes and neither could figure out why. ) They have new parameters for the idle issues for those with long tubes that have been occurring. Kona was having the same issues so I'm hoping this works out and I don't need a new 02 sensor.

On a side note ford has a new part number for the 02 sensor as they were having idles issues like I am having on stock cars.

I may get an mpt down the road. Right now I've spent way way way too much on my car thus past year and now I have to pad the bank accounts again over the next month.

The wife said in grounded until Christmas ;(
JAC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:02 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAC20 View Post

+1 I wanted more aggressive throttle etc and was told I didn't need/want to go more aggressive than the hybrid.

I'm content and I am getting my new tuner with my new datalogged 93h this week in it.( I stumped sct and bama as my tuner would but load tunes and neither could figure out why. ) They have new parameters for the idle issues for those with long tubes that have been occurring. Kona was having the same issues so I'm hoping this works out and I don't need a new 02 sensor.

On a side note ford has a new part number for the 02 sensor as they were having idles issues like I am having on stock cars.

I may get an mpt down the road. Right now I've spent way way way too much on my car thus past year and now I have to pad the bank accounts again over the next month.

Bahaha
Old 08-26-2013, 09:03 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Bahaha
Not funny. At least football season is upon us and that will distract me a little.
JAC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:05 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Not funny. At least football season is upon us and that will distract me a little.
This forum is gonna get crazy during college football season
Old 08-26-2013, 09:14 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Bro, your not the only one whose wife is less than pleased with money on the stang. Lol
Old 08-26-2013, 09:39 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:

Bro, your not the only one whose wife is less than pleased with money on the stang. Lol
+1 kona!!!!
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:50 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post

+1 kona!!!!
My wife is not happy with me either. She says I love the mustang more than her and addicted to the mustang forums. Welllllllllll!
Old 08-26-2013, 09:52 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
+1 kona!!!!
*raises hand* Same here.

I might be able to do one more thing...simply because the car isn't finished. Tuning has been difficult with my current tuners (yes, I have two lol) and MPT offered for me to drive down for a dyno session. hmm

I really think this automatic needs in person tuning to get it right. It's hard to relay everything by messenger service or email only. It's definitely not like them seeing the result, or lack of, from a tune change.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:55 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Me 2! Lmao!
Old 08-26-2013, 09:58 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone Perf. View Post
*raises hand* Same here.

I might be able to do one more thing...simply because the car isn't finished. Tuning has been difficult with my current tuners (yes, I have two lol) and MPT offered for me to drive down for a dyno session. hmm

I really think this automatic needs in person tuning to get it right. It's hard to relay everything by messenger service or email only. It's definitely not like them seeing the result, or lack of, from a tune change.
Certainly a dyno tune would be the best tune of all but I got to tell you. MPT has that stuff tight and awesome as well. The car runs smooth and shifts beautiful like a sports car really should do. The firmer shifts are better for a transmission anyway or at least that's my understanding it is. For a email tune, MPT is a great deal for 75 dollars and packs a huge power punch
Old 08-26-2013, 10:00 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

My wife is not happy with me either. She says I love the mustang more than her and addicted to the mustang forums. Welllllllllll!
I told her that I won't get much over the winter...........but I see a mpt tuner, 3.73s and shorties under the tree from Santa this year! lol. I can't stop!!!! I need help. : (
Old 08-26-2013, 10:05 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Certainly a dyno tune would be the best tune of all but I got to tell you. MPT has that stuff tight and awesome as well. The car runs smooth and shifts beautiful like a sports car really should do. The firmer shifts are better for a transmission anyway or at least that's my understanding it is. For a email tune, MPT is a great deal for 75 dollars.
I've been hearing a lot of good things about MPT lately. Then I decided to reach out to them and ask them about my car after a fellow member on another forum gave good feedback. They said my tuner was a good tuner, and he does have good feedback, but I think he must be super busy with a new baby and other FI cars. FI seems to be his main bread and butter. I need someone who is acutally interested in my car and, I believe, the business it could bring them. IE a 2013 automatic with a stall being tuned nicely...all the way around. Right now, even Lund had a hard time tuning the "other" 2013 stalled auto v6.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:08 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I told her that I won't get much over the winter...........but I see a mpt tuner, 3.73s and shorties under the tree from Santa this year! lol. I can't stop!!!! I need help. : (
Fast, your not the only one. I think I need to check myself into the Betty Ford clinic because I love my stang. I really got hooked ever since I started on these mustang forums. Freaking AM is like crack. So much awesome stuff and I want it all. I'm plasti dip in my spoiler right now as I write. I'm on coat two, its drying and then onto coat three. I can't stop.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:09 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
*raises hand* Same here.

Get to driving lol
Old 08-26-2013, 10:09 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Fast, your not the only one. I think I need to check myself into the Betty Ford clinic because I love my stang. I really got hooked ever since I started on these mustang forums. Freaking AM is like crack. So much awesome stuff and I want it all.
Lol, I hear ya! Its a damn good thing they don't finance!!!!
Old 08-26-2013, 10:10 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Fast, your not the only one. I think I need to check myself into the Betty Ford clinic because I love my stang. I really got hooked ever since I started on these mustang forums. Freaking AM is like crack. So much awesome stuff and I want it all. I'm plasti dip in my spoiler right now as I write. I'm on coat two, its drying and then into coat three. I can't stop.
Bahaha, bringing that up, am should sell PlastiDip in a bunch of colors :p
Old 08-26-2013, 10:18 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I've been hearing a lot of good things about MPT lately. Then I decided to reach out to them and ask them about my car after a fellow member on another forum gave good feedback. They said my tuner was a good tuner, and he does have good feedback, but I think he must be super busy with a new baby and other FI cars. FI seems to be his main bread and butter. I need someone who is acutally interested in my car and, I believe, the business it could bring them. IE a 2013 automatic with a stall being tuned nicely...all the way around. Right now, even Lund had a hard time tuning the "other" 2013 stalled auto v6.
Bro I'm telling you no BS, if you order MPT you will not be disappointed. It pulls real hard. Instant throttle response. That's impressive when a forum member is running on his V6 a bama tune, one piece aluminum driveshaft, 3:55 gears against his buddy V6, 2:73 gears, MPT tune, cold air intake and his buddy beats him.

Bro my tires are chirping in third gear when wot and hit 70 mph after I do a 0-70 mph run. That's crazy for a n/a V6. Never could get that much power from my hybrid tune. Although the hybrid tune is great and I love AM and highly recommend buying from them as well
Old 08-26-2013, 10:22 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Get to driving lol
No problem...but the wife put stipulations on it. She said if the current tuner won't agree for me to pay him a couple hundred more (would then be a Total $1000) to actually dyno tune it...for me to ask for half the $450 remote tuning charge back. I'm getting to the point I think that's fair when the customer WANTS to pay you more for a dyno tune. Heck, last June I tried to get him to tune me at a St Louis dyno day he traveled to tune for. That's only 4 hrs from me. That was when we were on the 2nd or 3rd tune revision. Now we are on the 8th. Still need to datalog WOT and waiting for him to answer a question. I tried a trial run and the converter locked about 4500 rpms...finally and feels like a shift. That's not my idea of a good clean pull for a datalog.

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Bro I'm telling you no BS, if you order MPT you will not be disappointed. It pulls real hard. Instant throttle response. That's impressive when a forum member is running on his V6 a bama tune, one piece aluminum driveshaft, 3:55 gears against his buddy V6, 2:73 gears, MPT tune, cold air intake and his buddy beats him.

Bro my tires are chirping in third gear when wot and hit 70 mph after I do a 0-70 mph run. That's crazy for a n/a V6. Never could get that much power from my hybrid tune. Although the hybrid tune is great and I love AM and highly recommend buying from them as well
It's a hell of a drive to Fl, 12hrs, but I'll do it if things fall in line just to be done with this tuning and actually make a 1/4 pass.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:32 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No problem...but the wife put stipulations on it. She said if the current tuner won't agree for me to pay him a couple hundred more (would then be a Total $1000) to actually dyno tune it...for me to ask for half the $450 remote tuning charge back. I'm getting to the point I think that's fair when the customer WANTS to pay you more for a dyno tune. Heck, last June I tried to get him to tune me at a St Louis dyno day he traveled to tune for. That's only 4 hrs from me. That was when we were on the 2nd or 3rd tune revision. Now we are on the 8th. Still need to datalog WOT and waiting for him to answer a question. I tried a trial run and the converter locked about 4500 rpms...finally and feels like a shift. That's not my idea of a good clean pull for a datalog.

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

It's a hell of a drive to Fl, 12hrs, but I'll do it if things fall in line just to be done with this tuning and actually make a 1/4 pass.
Yeah, MPT is in Florida. ROAD TRIP! LOL
Old 08-26-2013, 10:32 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

You can stop by GA on the way

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang