my first time at the track - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-26-2013, 12:55 PM   #1
Registered User
Newbie
 
pony17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Dominican Republic
Region: Other
Posts: 12
my first time at the track

Yesterday was may first time at the track, i have an 2013 v6 premiun auto all stock
I did 14,9 1/4 mile and 6,7 0-60mph i think this is very slow i have hear better number from other stock v6, what can tell me about?
pony17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-26-2013, 12:59 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ish416's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Winchester
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,209
What was your trap speed?
__________________
99 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 M6 - 6.676 @ 103 in 1/8, 10.512 @ 130.2 on street tires, H/C/I
93 Eagle Talon TSI AWD 5spd - Built 6 Bolt, 16G Evo3, HKS 272 Cams - under construction
Ish416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:03 PM   #3
Evolution's Finest
Supporter
 
bigmac3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Cleburne
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,036
What gears?
__________________
Frank
1989 Blue LX Hatchback
2001 Red SVT Cobra Convertible (Phoenix)
2002 Black/Red GT (Ginger)
2011 Red Candy Metallic V6 (Manfred)
2016 Magnetic Metallic GT (Susie II)
bigmac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-26-2013, 01:08 PM   #4
Registered User
Newbie
 
pony17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Dominican Republic
Region: Other
Posts: 12
Dont remember the speed, gears 2:73
pony17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:11 PM   #5
Evolution's Finest
Supporter
 
bigmac3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Cleburne
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,036
Those aren't bad times for 2.73s. Those are airplane gears (gas mileage/high speed). You need to get at least 3.73s if you plan on doing a lot of strips time.
__________________
Frank
1989 Blue LX Hatchback
2001 Red SVT Cobra Convertible (Phoenix)
2002 Black/Red GT (Ginger)
2011 Red Candy Metallic V6 (Manfred)
2016 Magnetic Metallic GT (Susie II)
bigmac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:46 PM   #6
Registered User
Newbie
 
pony17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Dominican Republic
Region: Other
Posts: 12
I lost the warranty with an sct tune? And if i change the gears?
pony17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:59 PM   #7
VIG
Registered Member
Regular
 
VIG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Wilmington
Region: Delaware
Posts: 1,238
Jeez. Did you have a lot of extra weight in the car or something??

My bone stock auto did it in 14.4.
__________________
IG: workshardplayshard
VIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:02 PM   #8
Admin

Supporter
Admin
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake Mary
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,822
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac3 View Post
Those aren't bad times for 2.73s. Those are airplane gears (gas mileage/high speed). You need to get at least 3.73s if you plan on doing a lot of strips time.
*2
__________________
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:03 PM   #9
Admin

Supporter
Admin
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake Mary
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,822
Quote:
Originally Posted by pony17 View Post
I lost the warranty with an sct tune? And if i change the gears?
Find the closest Ford Racing backed dealership...they will warantee the gear swap.
__________________
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:26 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
arturo55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIG View Post
Jeez. Did you have a lot of extra weight in the car or something??

My bone stock auto did it in 14.4.
idk i think yall are doing something wrong because am mustang did a 13.7 stock in atuo
arturo55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:44 PM   #11
Admin

Supporter
Admin
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake Mary
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,822
Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo55 View Post
idk i think yall are doing something wrong because am mustang did a 13.7 stock in atuo
Was that a 1/4 mile time, or a 1/8 mile time?
__________________
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:44 PM   #12
Registered User
Newbie
 
pony17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Dominican Republic
Region: Other
Posts: 12
With 2.73 gears, how?
pony17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:47 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
BlackedStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko
Was that a 1/4 mile time, or a 1/8 mile time?
Quarter

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pony17
With 2.73 gears, how?
American muscle must have a hell of a driver
__________________
2012 V6 Performance Package
BlackedStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:13 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Intense.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Central
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 72
Heck, mine did 0 to 60 in 6.7 secs ...with a bama 93 tune according to my Track Apps. I had 2.73 gears. I never got to the 1/4 mile until I did the BBK TB and Borla LT headers. Ran a 13.7 a couple tenths under 102mph at 1400 DA. Mines a '13 premium also. I weighed about 205.
__________________
'14 Race Red GT M6, premium, comfort package, Steeda stb
Intense. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:41 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
13 stang22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: fort worth
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone Perf. View Post
Heck, mine did 0 to 60 in 6.7 secs ...with a bama 93 tune according to my Track Apps. I had 2.73 gears. I never got to the 1/4 mile until I did the BBK TB and Borla LT headers. Ran a 13.7 a couple tenths under 102mph at 1400 DA. Mines a '13 premium also. I weighed about 205.
me too! those 2.73 completely wreck the 3.7 performance
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:56 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Intense.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Central
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 stang22 View Post
me too! those 2.73 completely wreck the 3.7 performance
I tried to locate one with the 3.31's and couldn't find one in 700 miles distance from me on the dealer locator. I just worked a deal on one there at the lot.
__________________
'14 Race Red GT M6, premium, comfort package, Steeda stb
Intense. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:09 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone Perf. View Post
Heck, mine did 0 to 60 in 6.7 secs ...with a bama 93 tune according to my Track Apps. I had 2.73 gears. I never got to the 1/4 mile until I did the BBK TB and Borla LT headers. Ran a 13.7 a couple tenths under 102mph at 1400 DA. Mines a '13 premium also. I weighed about 205.
13.7 with all those mods? You should be faster than that. American Muscle ran 14.1 bone stock with 2.73 gears to boot at Cecil County Dragway. They put a tune and then ran 13.7 on same car with just tune.

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pony17 View Post
Yesterday was may first time at the track, i have an 2013 v6 premiun auto all stock
I did 14,9 1/4 mile and 6,7 0-60mph i think this is very slow i have hear better number from other stock v6, what can tell me about?
Even with 2:73 gears 6.7, 0-60 seems way slow. Granted those 2:73 gears must go but still you should be down around 5.7 to 5.8 0-60 all day long with the 2:73 gears
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:12 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
13 stang22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: fort worth
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,006
switch to 4.10s and then tell us what you get...you'll see a huge improvement.
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:38 PM   #19
Registered User
Newbie
 
pony17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Dominican Republic
Region: Other
Posts: 12
A friend of mine have the same car but it have CAI, bbk header long tube, pipes axel back, 4.10 gears and a tune and makes 13,98 the 1/4 mile
pony17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:44 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Intense.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Central
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
13.7 with all those mods? You should be faster than that. American Muscle ran 14.1 bone stock with 2.73 gears to boot at Cecil County Dragway. They put a tune and then ran 13.7 on same car with just tune.

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------



Even with 2:73 gears 6.7, 0-60 seems way slow. Granted those 2:73 gears must go but still you should be down around 5.7 to 5.8 0-60 all day long with the 2:73 gears
I ran the 13.7 with Bama tune, Bbk Tb, and the Borla headers only.
__________________
'14 Race Red GT M6, premium, comfort package, Steeda stb
Intense. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:55 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
JAC20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone Perf. View Post

I ran the 13.7 with Bama tune, Bbk Tb, and the Borla headers only.
How did you like the bbk tb? I just can't make myself drop the cash but I'm thinking maybe I may at some point. Use the 15% off autoanything seems to be the best deal.

I haven't been it the track ever or used the app on the tuner but I known my car is way faster than it was stock.

There are a ton of conditions that go into your time it seems. Were other times high etc?

Didn't car and driver do a real life test in the gt vs v6 and it was 8 seconds or somfirmthe v6 and 6 fir the v8
JAC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:57 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
13 stang22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: fort worth
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by pony17 View Post
A friend of mine have the same car but it have CAI, bbk header long tube, pipes axel back, 4.10 gears and a tune and makes 13,98 the 1/4 mile
yo that's messed up. something's wrong there
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:39 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Intense.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Central
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAC20 View Post
How did you like the bbk tb? I just can't make myself drop the cash but I'm thinking maybe I may at some point. Use the 15% off autoanything seems to be the best deal.

I haven't been it the track ever or used the app on the tuner but I known my car is way faster than it was stock.

There are a ton of conditions that go into your time it seems. Were other times high etc?

Didn't car and driver do a real life test in the gt vs v6 and it was 8 seconds or somfirmthe v6 and 6 fir the v8
Being as I still had the stock CAI, there may have been more left in it if I had an aftermarket CAI. There MAY have been a little gain but not enough to say it was worth it by itself.

Right now, with the ported upper and lower intake and the Steeda CAI, I'm hopeful it gives me some more power which should show up as mph in 1/4. I hope to hit 105mph with all the induction mods.
__________________
'14 Race Red GT M6, premium, comfort package, Steeda stb
Intense. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:58 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by pony17 View Post
A friend of mine have the same car but it have CAI, bbk header long tube, pipes axel back, 4.10 gears and a tune and makes 13,98 the 1/4 mile
Omg, no offense. That's horrible time. Holy cow. Dude should be like high 12,s. low 13,s . Dude better have that looked at. Big problem.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:25 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
Seabiscuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 343
I've run a 13.88 with just a bama tune and stock 2.73's. Manual trans.
Seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:27 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
BlackedStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue

Omg, no offense. That's horrible time. Holy cow. Dude should be like high 12,s. low 13,s . Dude better have that looked at. Big problem.
Their are many variables in drag racing
__________________
2012 V6 Performance Package
BlackedStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:10 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
ArtU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NW Ohio
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,067
My Stock Auto V6 Premium has never been to the drag track. However going from a dead stop to 60 mph is available on a few rural roads that have 65mph and stop lights and using the 0-60 timer in the car for reference.

On 2.73 gears I would do 6.8 twice and once 6.5. I had my Ford Racing backed dealer put in 3.55 gears. I don't do drag racing so no need for 3.77s.

So far my only test with the new gears was 6.0 flat, this is stock engine tune on 93 octane, Ford Racing Sport Borla axle backs. They don't change any performance, just sound.

I weighed 220 and the car likely had an extra 200 pounds of car show lawn chair, pop up shelter, coolers, detail kits , ie a farkin full trunk
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:39 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Durham
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 113
Just for comparison my 10 v6 is doing 0-60 in 6.8 to 7.0 sec.
Torch10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:43 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
BlackedStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch10
Just for comparison my 10 v6 is doing 0-60 in 6.8 to 7.0 sec.
My bone stock 3.7 did it in 5.5 but I have a manual so I can launch it
__________________
2012 V6 Performance Package
BlackedStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:53 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Durham
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedStang View Post

My bone stock 3.7 did it in 5.5 but I have a manual so I can launch it
That's quick! I could shave a little of if I left on the brake I think. I'm also losing a couple tenths I bet because there is an awkward shift at 55. If I had a few more rpm I could hit 60 in second gear.
Torch10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:27 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
13 stang22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: fort worth
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,006
I could never stand having a car that did 0-60 over 5 sec. prolly cuz I had a truck that could do sub 4.
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:15 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
Intense.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Central
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 72
Back with only Borla LT headers, Bama 93R tune, and BBK TB ...tracks apps showed a 0-60 best of 5.3 secs in my auto with the 2.73 gears fwiw. That's the best I could do.
__________________
'14 Race Red GT M6, premium, comfort package, Steeda stb
Intense. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:45 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
13 stang22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: fort worth
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone Perf. View Post
Back with only Borla LT headers, Bama 93R tune, and BBK TB ...tracks apps showed a 0-60 best of 5.3 secs in my auto with the 2.73 gears fwiw. That's the best I could do.
MPT/Dyno tune with 3.73/4.10 you will get under 5 easy!
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:08 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
ArtU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NW Ohio
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 stang22 View Post
MPT/Dyno tune with 3.73/4.10 you will get under 5 easy!
HUmm, unless you just want to drag or burn out; what rpm do you get with that 4.10 gear running on the freeways that allow 70-85mph standard traffic speed for a few hours of travel?

If on a road track with a 3/4 mile stretch of main straight line whats the motor RPM doing at 120+?

Art
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



07:15 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.