Performance questions - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-27-2013, 02:01 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Performance questions

Hey guys just starting to think about upgrading my cars power but i've never done performance mods before so im clueless lol. I'm just curious to see whats the most the v6 can handle as far as upgrading hp/torque and what specific upgrades would get me to that.

Thanks.
AmericanBulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2013, 02:07 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
well there really isn't a max...99-04 v6's stock block handle up to 450 so we've seen countless times....and the newer one id assume can handle that if not more. tune/intake/exhaust would be a good start for ya

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:09 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanBulldog View Post
Hey guys just starting to think about upgrading my cars power but i've never done performance mods before so im clueless lol. I'm just curious to see whats the most the v6 can handle as far as upgrading hp/torque and what specific upgrades would get me to that.

Thanks.
I believe the 3.7 can handle no problem a supercharger with 8 pounds of boost on factory motor. That would give you around 475 HP to crank plus what ever other bolt on mods you have maybe 525 to crank. I think that's really close to maxing out the stock motor and you would want to start building the engine up if you want 550 HP and up. Forged Internals, upgrade cams, coil packs , etc.

If your talking bolt on mods, you will never come close to maxing the engines HP and torque.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2013, 09:32 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I have full bolton gears Dyno tune and procharged at 10 lbs pushing over 500 hp and I'm perfectly fine. I will be forging when I got higher boost and nitrous though
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:53 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 stang22 View Post
I have full bolton gears Dyno tune and procharged at 10 lbs pushing over 500 hp and I'm perfectly fine. I will be forging when I got higher boost and nitrous though
Can you get me a job where you work at so I can afford all those goodies too.....lol
Tyriqq is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang