2011 Mustang V6 Front end Conversion - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-27-2013, 11:41 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
2011 Mustang V6 Front end Conversion

Hey, so I want my 2011 Mustang V6 to look like a GT...not trying to rice it out with GT fog lights but am trying to make it look like American muscles project car v6. So I purchased a Mustang GT bumper off a 2011 from craigslist and ordered a Grill (to replace fog lights) from AM, question is when I purchased my bumper it didn't come with any screws n nuts. Can the screws n nuts already on my Six fit and attach the GT bumper? Will It require more bolts...Will it fit without modification?
Hustler1593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2013, 01:02 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Everything should fit perfectly fine without additional modification. I did mine a while back and used everything that attached the old bumper together.
Sapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 05:47 AM   #3
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
I do not agree with your "rice it out with GT fog lights"....this setup was used on the original GT Mustangs of the late 60's, early 70's models.

To me and many other purists, this is a classic muscle car look. Certainly not rice, but you are intitled to your opinion.
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2013, 12:33 PM   #4
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustler1593 View Post
Hey, so I want my 2011 Mustang V6 to look like a GT...not trying to rice it out with GT fog lights but am trying to make it look like American muscles project car v6. So I purchased a Mustang GT bumper off a 2011 from craigslist and ordered a Grill (to replace fog lights) from AM, question is when I purchased my bumper it didn't come with any screws n nuts. Can the screws n nuts already on my Six fit and attach the GT bumper? Will It require more bolts...Will it fit without modification?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
Everything should fit perfectly fine without additional modification. I did mine a while back and used everything that attached the old bumper together.
^This is correct. You shouldn't have any fitment issues! This install was pretty simple and all the hardware should transfer over. Worst case, you could go to ford and purchase hardware for the 2011+ GT bumper. I'm sure they have a affordable hardware kit!

I'm glad to see our 2011 V6 inspired your build, that's awesome to see. Keep up the great work with your Mustang and post up some pictures. We'd love to follow along with your build!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:39 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
I do not agree with your "rice it out with GT fog lights"....this setup was used on the original GT Mustangs of the late 60's, early 70's models.

To me and many other purists, this is a classic muscle car look. Certainly not rice, but you are intitled to your opinion.
Well usually GT drivers would make fun of a V6 that has GT fog lights. They will usually think the owner is trying to impersonate a v8 when its a v6. The word rice probably wasnt the best choice of words. Im not trying to impersonate a GT..just trying to make it look aggressive. Hopefully I can afford a GT when 2015 model comes around..

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

Just installed bumper and grill and found out im missing the grill surround..:/ didnt notice the bumper I bought from craigslist didnt have the grill surround..does anyone know where I can buy one cheap?
Hustler1593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:09 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Ebay
fordfan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 10:02 PM   #7

Region: New Jersey
hey dan, i have a 2011 v6 pro charged with a inteercooler i want the gt bumper as well, do you know what kind of bumper modifications you had to do to it exactly to not interfere with the plumbing and the inteercooler

Thanks , Ryan
11stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 10:14 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfan100 View Post
Ebay
agreed, got my front bumper for 225 shipped an painted
grille w/surround and emblem for 50
fogs for 75

and I bought that wiring harness for my fogs from stangmods
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang