White Smoke from under my 2012 V6 - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-19-2013, 10:16 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Shadow View Post
Another complication of my case, Just got informed that these companies got directly to Ford Motors in the States and purchase Mustangs without any warranty. So that they sell them across Europe with a so called limited warranty. So that even if i try to make or build a case to Ford,they will throw all away because they sold cars without warranty. Is it possible that Ford can do such a thing? What would be the price then in the States for my Stang? 2012 V6 3.7 Premium MCA Edition in black with 18" Gunpowder polished rims, Sync and Shaker included. I bought it here for 42k
$42K US Dollar? If so that's crazy expensive
Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2013, 10:24 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
I paid in Switzerland for my Baby 38'800 Swiss Francs, according to the today's exchange course it is 42'604$ US.
Cool Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:51 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Where did you purchase this Mustang from? I figured it was a Ford dealer outside of Switzerland (?), and you brought it into the country.

I thought you had a warranty...I'm thinking you can get it repaired, and the balance that the warranty you have now (?) might be paid by Ford if you were to place a claim as the owners manual suggests.
Bucko as I read what you posted from the manual it is about U.S. warranties outside the US. He doesn't meet wither of those requirements. Now the German Ford division should have a factory warranty I would think. He need to pull the manual that came with his car.

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

Quote:
Another complication of my case,
Just got informed that these companies got directly to Ford Motors in the States and purchase Mustangs without any warranty. So that they sell them across Europe with a so called limited warranty.
So that even if i try to make or build a case to Ford,they will throw all away because they sold cars without warranty.
Is it possible that Ford can do such a thing?
What would be the price then in the States for my Stang?
2012 V6 3.7 Premium MCA Edition in black with 18" Gunpowder polished rims, Sync and Shaker included. I bought it here for 42k
It's possible that whomever is selling you the car purchases it from Ford as a new car. Then the resale is technically used.
However warranties are usually transferable. Contact Ford direct and ask them.
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2013, 06:14 AM   #39
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Yes. At this point, the OP needs to talk to Ford. I'm very confused on how this purchase was made

Sounds unfair to a purchaser that a new vehicle is bought from someone that buys it new, sells it at a profit, and without a factory warranty? All I can say is: wow.
Old 09-20-2013, 06:59 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Yes, i Accept that and tried to contact Ford
The other problem is that the operators at Ford.com respond only to requests within the borders of US, Canada and US territories around the world.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:32 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes, i Accept that and tried to contact Ford
The other problem is that the operators at Ford.com respond only to requests within the borders of US, Canada and US territories around the world.
Maybe it has something to do with Switzerland being a neutral country. Just kidding. Keep pushing!
Old 09-20-2013, 03:06 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Well, now i'm done, the company that sold me the car, connfirmed what i was affraid at most. Their deliverer confirmed them that they bought cars from Ford Motor without Warranty.
And Ford mailed me that they respond only to requests within the US borders but in my case i should contact a Ford retailer in Cologne, Germany and their Phone number is a Swiss number.
At the Adress that Ford Motor gave me, in Germany, exists nothing.
That Company has even moved out, or went broke. Anyway Ford Motors in US have no idea about it.
Thats how it seems the end of my case.
It was a pleasure to have all you kind guys chatting to.
Till any other occation
Old 09-20-2013, 06:36 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well, now i'm done, the company that sold me the car, connfirmed what i was affraid at most. Their deliverer confirmed them that they bought cars from Ford Motor without Warranty.
And Ford mailed me that they respond only to requests within the US borders but in my case i should contact a Ford retailer in Cologne, Germany and their Phone number is a Swiss number.
At the Adress that Ford Motor gave me, in Germany, exists nothing.
That Company has even moved out, or went broke. Anyway Ford Motors in US have no idea about it.
Thats how it seems the end of my case.
It was a pleasure to have all you kind guys chatting to.
Till any other occation
Sorry to hear the bad news. How would you even know the car was new and they didnt just roll the odometer back?
That sucks dude.
Old 09-21-2013, 02:32 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Well, that's how they missuse the love that people have for these Babies.
Anyway last night i got a news that was the Cremé de la cremé on my case, the desert of all times.
Im registered in a Mustangforum in Switzerland, and explained there all my case.
And one guy knew even that i didn't mention the name of the transmission repairing company, he knew the name of the company, and wished me good luck, because few years ago he did make a transmission repair in that company and 2 years later he had a mess under his car with the transmission.
He owns 3 Stangs
If that so im really f....d up!
But its been a great experience having to chat with you guys! Im proud that there are still such good guys around the world
Old 09-21-2013, 03:06 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Here is my case presented to Ford Motor USA:
Hello Nasir,
This is Yvette again with Ford’s Customer Relationship Center.* I received your follow-up email.
I understand that you want to know about the warranty coverage for the part you have requested.* I appreciate the time you have taken to write us back.
As you have mentioned that you are from Switzerland; that’s the reason I provided the Customer Relationship Center (CRC) address of the area that you have provided. *In regards with the warranty coverage for the part you order.* Please note that the local CRC on your area is in the best position to assist you.* If you are not located from Switzerland please advise us, for us to properly direct you to the appropriate department that may assist you.
Thank you for contacting Ford Motor Company.
Yvette
Customer Relationship Center
Ford Motor Company
Case Number: CAS-3237412-Y5M8P4
For online support visit us at www.owner.ford.com which contains answers to frequently asked questions and links to other key product and service information.
Ford Confidentiality:
-------------------- *****************************************************************
For security reasons, please do not submit any sensitive personally identifiable information, such as credit card numbers, driver license number, SSN, DOB, etc.* Thank you.
------------------- Original Message -------------------
Received: 9/20/2013 6:41 PM
Dear Yvette,

you gave me a contact adress of a Ford company in Germany, and a Phone number of a Ford Company in Switzerland.
I contacted them and they do not want to hear about my complaints since I have not bought my Mustang from them.
And they do not even Represent Mustangs in Europe.
Anyway, i contacted the Company from which I bought my Baby, and they told me that their deliverer gets the Stangs directly from the States without any warranty at all.
Is that Possible!?
Anyway if it is possible then i wonder, if my transmission issue won't be covered from the warranty, or only partially from this sort of Criminal companies like this, I doubt that my Baby will be my Baby anymore, or even worse, no more, and if anyone asks me about this subject I will tell the truth just like it happened to me.

best wishes*

To: niljazi@hotmail.com
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 15:19:27 -0400
Subject: Ford Motor Company CRM:03286000002046

Hi Nasir,
My name is Yvette and I am with Ford’s Customer Relationship Center.* I received your email regarding your Ford Mustang.
I understand that your vehicle is having an automatic transmission failure.* I am sorry for the inconvenience that this may have caused you.* I have looked into this matter for you.
Ford Motor Company is concerned with the satisfaction of all Ford and Lincoln-Mercury customers.* Your feedback is highly valued by all divisions within Ford Motor Company and serves to provide us with insight into areas where we may need improvement.* When customers like you send us constructive comments, you help reinforce our efforts to build the finest automotive products in the industry.
Furthermore, Ford Customer Relationship Center (CRC) is primarily intended for our North American customers.*
Alternatively, you may wish to contact the CRC representing your area directly.* The CRC for Switzerland can be reached at:
Address:
Ford - Werke GmbH,
Forum Building, Josef-Lammerting Allee
24-34, 50933 Köln (Braunsfeld), Germany
Phone:
+41 (0) 43 233 21 21
We are confident that this matter is best addressed through the Ford customer service resources available in your country.* Thank you for taking the time to visit the Ford Motor Company World Wide Web Site.
Yvette
Customer Relationship Center
Ford Motor Company
Case number: CAS-3237412-Y5M8P4
For online support visit us at www.owner.ford.com which contains answers to frequently asked questions and links to other key product and service information.
Ford Confidentiality:
-------------------- *****************************************************************
For security reasons, please do not submit any sensitive personally identifiable information, such as credit card numbers, driver license number, SSN, DOB, etc.* Thank you.
------------------- Original Message -------------------
Received: 9/18/2013 7:51 PM
WHAT IS YOUR VEHICLE SALES OR SERVICE ISSUE?ear Ford Company representative, last year (Feb. 2012) I bought a Ford Mustang 3.7 V6 Premium. I am from Switzerland and since here is no official Ford Mustang dealer, for the love for Mustangs, I found one new imported directly by a non Official dealer. It came with a 2 year warranty or 30'000 Km, that's less than 20'000 miles. Now I have about 17'000 miles and have an Automatic transmission failure. Since here is no Official Ford Mustang dealer, I brought my baby to an official Ford.ch dealer. They made an Offer to the warranty company about changing the transmission and it would cost about 12'000 US Dollar. So the warranty company took it to a specialized Automatic transmission service company in Switzerland since they pay only 4'300 Dollar per Repair. I am registered in different online forums about Mustangs and it appears that I am the first to report a total Automatic transmission failure.
WHAT ACTION HAS YOUR DEALER TAKEN TO ADDRESS THE ISSUE?:The problem is that this company makes a total new assembly and reparation of the Transmission and costs about 7'600 Dollar. I am really dissapointed about this problem. One senior member and Mustang driver suggested me to adress my problem to you and he was sure that you could help me with my problem. I know it is very complicated situation and especially when there is no real Mustang dealer and maintainer in Switzerland, but my love about Mustang didn't hold me from getting one, and now this situation.
WHAT ASSISTANCE ARE YOU SEEKING FROM FORD MOTOR COMPANY?:I would be pleased to have any information about any acceptations from Ford Company in my case. I was so happy when I read that from 2015 Mustang is to be dealed from the existing Ford dealers in Switzerland, because till now it is really difficult for us. we can't live the dream of driving one of the legends in the Auto world without having problems with getting parts or propper maintenance. Best regards Nasir Iljazi p.s. My cars VIN will be sent soon, because its at the service garage now
Are you the owner of the vehicle :Yes
VIN : 1ZVBP8AM5C5219982
MILEAGE : 17000
WHERE IS YOUR VEHICLE NOW : AtDealership
HAVE YOU CONTACTED THE DEALER :No
DEALER NAME : ADU Uster, Switzerland

Contact Information
FIRST NAME : Nasir
LAST NAME :Iljazi
Address :Gwattstrasse 56
City : Thun, Bern Switzerland, State :MI, Zip :36041
Email Adddress : niljazi@hotmail.com
Phone Number :0041788480619
Old 09-23-2013, 06:16 AM   #46
Admin

Supporter
Admin

I wish I had some additional information or ideas that were free for you to use. My only other action would be to contact legal advice, such as a lawyer, but that will most likely cost you money up front. This seems unfair that a vehicle is sold brand new without a warranty. I don't see how Ford can sell vehicles to a second party with no warranty, so they can be resold without a warranty.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:41 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Thank you Bucko,but i think there is no use of getting legal advice, since there are 2 maybe 3 different countries laws that have to be considered.
And all that will take time,money and lots of nerves to loose. In the end maybe i will loose anyway. U can't fight Ford legally.
Im not that rich.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:25 PM   #48
Admin

Supporter
Admin

None of us are. I do not see that Ford is at direct fault of this though. Someone bought Mustangs from Ford, and is not re-selling them with a warranty. It is this second party that's at fault. Was this disclosed to you when you purchased/signed the contract?
Old 09-23-2013, 01:21 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

That is true, in my case there are 3 or 4 companies that i have to fight legally.
One is Ford, then its the seller(ADU), the warranty company (Quality1) and the company that deliver the seller from whom i bought the car (Unknown to me).
I assume that the deliverer is a german company.
Ford is US justice
ADU & Quality1 is Swiss justice
X might be german justice
Very difficult case, almost getting like organised crime
When i bought the car it was told to me that i have a Quality1 premium warranty. I signed the contract,and a week later after i got the car came per post the warranty certificate
After i read it, found out that it is only limited warranty, because they pay only max. 4 300$ per case.
That is how i got stuck,because it was too late not to keep the car.
I was only hoping it would not have any trouble.
Its a bunch of Mafia these companies
Now i got it
Im glad that 2015 Mustang is going to be officially delivered by Ford companies across Europe.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:34 PM   #50
Admin

Supporter
Admin

That is one tough lessen learned. I have to admit, I rarely read all the "fine print" of a contract, but after reading what you are going through, perhaps I should be more careful.

In my case of buying in the U.S., I bought my Mustang as "used"; it had 2000 miles on it when I got it. Its remander of 36 months or 36K miles was still intact, plus Ford gave it a "certified pre-owned" warranty of 100K on it's drivetrain (engine, transmission, and rear axle). This was to me even better than buying new, as I saved a bunch of money (new cars loose money the moment they are signed on the contract). So with 53K on its odometer, I'm still alright for a few miles. My automatic is fine though; something you do not want to hear though.
Old 09-23-2013, 04:14 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

I know its tough, tell me about it
I remind you all, read the fine printing in your contracts, because that is your contract.
I just hope that i get my car good and safe from the repair and maybe later get rid of it.
Maybe after 2015 i will get a Boss if i make the money,but till then no chance. Not if it is like that represented. I will maybe get a car that officially is brought here.
This was a hard lession for me, but maybe it will help to someone Not to make the same mistake I did.
Old 09-23-2013, 04:19 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
I know its tough, tell me about it
I remind you all, read the fine printing in your contracts, because that is your contract.
I just hope that i get my car good and safe from the repair and maybe later get rid of it.
Maybe after 2015 i will get a Boss if i make the money,but till then no chance. Not if it is like that represented. I will maybe get a car that officially is brought here.
This was a hard lession for me, but maybe it will help to someone Not to make the same mistake I did.
I feel for you bud!
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 04:33 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Thanx FastFord! Hope you guys didn't get bothered from me and my problem.
Dont be affraid from Buying a Stang, they R good,only the way its brought in here to me is wrong.
And it will get better 2015, or just hope so
Old 09-23-2013, 04:43 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Thanx FastFord! Hope you guys didn't get bothered from me and my problem.
Dont be affraid from Buying a Stang, they R good,only the way its brought in here to me is wrong.
And it will get better 2015, or just hope so
This forum is a great place to try and solve or need help with a problem! We will always be happy to help out whenever we can!
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 04:55 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Thank you All guys!
Old 09-25-2013, 04:42 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Now I'm going to get my Baby from the repair garage
I hope it is really good made.
I will let you know how is it shifting and driving
Old 09-25-2013, 06:24 AM   #57
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Was the replacement transmission good?
Old 09-25-2013, 08:30 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

[/COLOR]They didn't replace it.
I drove it now about 45 miles and not bad,even though mostly highway max 80 mph and not more than 3000 rpm.
I talked to the guy that worked on it
He has taken out the transmission and all the parts separated.
The transmission has 2.9 gallons oil inside!!
There has been a small "cut" between the oil pump and the connecting part with the engine
There is a wall between these 2 and it is unusually thin. Maybe from the strength of the engine it made that cut.
From there did most of oil get out that made the transmission issue.
So it was all torn appart, the non working parts all replaced, everything cleaned and filled back with oil and mounted back on my car.
We'll see how it comes
Old 09-25-2013, 11:15 AM   #59
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
[/COLOR]They didn't replace it.
I drove it now about 45 miles and not bad,even though mostly highway max 80 mph and not more than 3000 rpm.
I talked to the guy that worked on it
He has taken out the transmission and all the parts separated.
The transmission has 2.9 gallons oil inside!!
There has been a small "cut" between the oil pump and the connecting part with the engine
There is a wall between these 2 and it is unusually thin. Maybe from the strength of the engine it made that cut.
From there did most of oil get out that made the transmission issue.
So it was all torn appart, the non working parts all replaced, everything cleaned and filled back with oil and mounted back on my car.
We'll see how it comes
Were pictures taken? Does this transmission mechanic think this "cut" was a defect in the part(s)? If so, you still may have a case with Ford, even though you bought it with no implied warranty.
Old 09-26-2013, 03:08 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

[/COLOR]Well it's a crack, fissure.
The wall between the pump and the front part connecting to engine is cast iron
And it is unusually thin. This company works only with Automatic transmissions for over 40 years now. They have never seen such a thin part there before in any other car. It may lead to another damage in the same measurement.
There were no pics taken.
What is interesting: you shouldn't load your car with more than 630 pounds, that is included: driver, passengers, luggage. If you are at the given weight and accelerate to the max it can and will happen again, that crack or fissure.
Old 09-26-2013, 04:48 AM   #61
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Checking my owners manual for max cargo weight:

Steps for determining the correct load limit:
1. Locate the statement “The combined weight of occupants and cargo
should never exceed XXX kg or XXX lbs.” on your vehicle’s placard.
2. Determine the combined weight of the driver and passengers that will
be riding in your vehicle.
3. Subtract the combined weight of the driver and passengers from XXX
kg or XXX lbs.
4. The resulting figure equals the available amount of cargo and luggage
load capacity. For example, if the “XXX” amount equals 1,400 lbs. and
there will be five 150 lb. passengers in your vehicle, the amount of
available cargo and luggage load capacity is 650 lbs. (1400–750 (5 x 150)
= 650 lb.). In metric units (635–340 (5 x 68) = 295 kg.)
5. Determine the combined weight of luggage and cargo being loaded on
the vehicle. That weight may not safely exceed the available cargo and
luggage load capacity calculated in Step 4.

This decal is located I believe on the drivers side door. Check it. If it's higher than what you and/or mechanic state, and perhaps thi was the cause(?) for this crack (?), then you may still have a case.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:17 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

That is very difficult to prove.
To whom can you say that i had no more than 295 kg load and who would believe that.
Anyway i am seriously thinking of getting rid of this dangerous thing called car
Old 09-26-2013, 12:47 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well it's a crack, fissure.
The wall between the pump and the front part connecting to engine is cast iron
And it is unusually thin. This company works only with Automatic transmissions for over 40 years now. They have never seen such a thin part there before in any other car. It may lead to another damage in the same measurement.
There were no pics taken.
What is interesting: you shouldn't load your car with more than 630 pounds, that is included: driver, passengers, luggage. If you are at the given weight and accelerate to the max it can and will happen again, that crack or fissure.
The actual allowed weight on my base model is 700ibs. Not exactly a 4 passenger car is it. But it also allows a towing capacity of 1000ibs. Don't forget also its the exact same tranny used in the GT. so I suspect a lack of knowledge on the mechanics part.

Might I suggest this: Switzerland's public transport system is known to be one of the finest in the world. A dense network of railroad, bus and tramaway lines and a systematic timetable allow to reach almost any point in the country once per hour. In most cases one ticket is enough for one journey even if numerous railway, bus and ship operators are involved. The punctuality of Switzerland's public transport system is supervised and the goals of 95% arrivals with less than 5 minutes delay and 75% with less than 1 minute delay are regularly achieved in the monthly statistics.
Old 09-27-2013, 02:59 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

I really don't understand the meaning of your post

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang