White Smoke from under my 2012 V6 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-28-2013, 03:03 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
White Smoke from under my 2012 V6

Hello there every1
In Feb.2012 I got my baby, and till now i have been taking a good care it. Lately I have been experiencing problems with my transmission. It is Automatic and it comes oil out If it. It getting repaired soon. If there is anyone having same problems?
Cool Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2013, 05:44 AM   #2
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
No one that I have read on this forum has reported a transmission problem that produces white smoke.

This should be covered under the Ford drivetrain warranty. Let us know what was found.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:02 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Well, I'm not some expert of mechanics, but I assume that the smoke comes from transmission oil dropping down over the hot exaust pipes. And the most interessting fact that in my Country there isn't yet an official Ford Mustang dealer.
In Switzerland the Stangs are beeing directly imported.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2013, 07:23 AM   #4
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Can you see this dripping? I'm wondering if what you are experiencing is the air conditioning drain water onto the exhaust, causing the smoke.

Unfortunatley, Ford eliminated the dipstick from our automatics (at least on the Mustang model), so checking to see if its low is not easily done.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:39 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I see drops of dark red fluid on the ground under my Stang. I have touched and experienced it. It is oily, smells and tastes sweet. It is definetly transmission oil. I have not seen where it comes out of the transmission,i mean from which part of the transmission. And thats why I assume that it drops on the hot exaust and produces the white smoke. I even got the smell in the car while driving.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:56 AM   #6
Admin

Supporter
Admin

You are correct; this is automatic transmission fluid. It is under warranty, so you'll need to find the closest Ford authorized service Center. In your owners manual, there should be a number to call when located at an international country (such as yourself) to locate a dealership.

Do you have access to a lift? Getting the car up in the air will help in identifying the source of the leak. Maybe it's just a loose transmission oil pan.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:11 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Well, that's my assurance transports my baby from eastern europe to Switzerland and i have allready contacted an official Ford dealer and they expect it. Soon it is supposed to arrive there and they will tell me exactly what is wrong with it. I don't think it is just a small loose screw,bacause somehow it got to mess the gears while driving as well. It got once stuck in 3rd gear and wasn't changing until i had to brake to 0. Than it got to change gears as well.
Somehow dissapointed
As soon as i know more from the Garage i will let you know, so that you get prepared.
I drive since 1996, german, russian, japanese and Yougoslawian cars. This was my first US car, New, Stock but let me down somehow. I won't give up US cars,maybe i get an Charger soon, instead of a Stang
Thank you for your thoughts and informations and concerns
Old 08-28-2013, 10:27 AM   #8
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Hope to see you continue to be both a member here, and a Mustang owner/driver. Stuff like this happens; don't get discouraged. It's under warranty, and they will fix it.

Then you can enjoy the drive inn Switzerland.

How about posting some pictures of the countryside there, with the Mustang? That would make for some great pictures!
Old 09-04-2013, 12:02 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Shadow View Post
Well, that's my assurance transports my baby from eastern europe to Switzerland and i have allready contacted an official Ford dealer and they expect it. Soon it is supposed to arrive there and they will tell me exactly what is wrong with it. I don't think it is just a small loose screw,bacause somehow it got to mess the gears while driving as well. It got once stuck in 3rd gear and wasn't changing until i had to brake to 0. Than it got to change gears as well.
Somehow dissapointed
As soon as i know more from the Garage i will let you know, so that you get prepared.
I drive since 1996, german, russian, japanese and Yougoslawian cars. This was my first US car, New, Stock but let me down somehow. I won't give up US cars,maybe i get an Charger soon, instead of a Stang
Thank you for your thoughts and informations and concerns
Dodge Charger? I thought you wanted a car made in the U.S.
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:11 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I agree, stay with the pony car, don't go all HEMI on us. Here, I'll post some coastal 3.7 pic's and you post some of yours.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tn_2013 Falconh Point 009.JPG
Views:	133
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	127356   Click image for larger version

Name:	tn_2013 Falconh Point 001.JPG
Views:	188
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	127357  

Old 09-04-2013, 07:18 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

@ Midnight:
Charger is an US Car,together with challenger, camaro and mustang they build the group of american Muscle cars
If it isn't US, then Ford isn't either because Ford is in Germany produced as well
Old 09-04-2013, 09:02 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
@ Midnight:
Charger is an US Car,together with challenger, camaro and mustang they build the group of american Muscle cars
If it isn't US, then Ford isn't either because Ford is in Germany produced as well
Car "made" in U.S.

Charger produced in Brampton Canada
Challenger produced in Brampton Canada
Camaro produced in Ontario Canada
Mustang produced in Flatrock Michigan

Yes they are all American cars but the mustang is the only US produced.
fordfan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:18 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
If you want a 4 door might I suggest a fusion ecoboost.

---------- Post added at 08:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 AM ----------

Or a Taurus SHO.
fordfan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:29 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
@ Midnight:
Fordfan100 covered it but to further explain the Dodge Charger is built in Canada and the Hemi engine in Mexico. And Fiat an Italian Company owns controlling interest in Chrysler. No longer a U.S. Auto maker. The Mustang built by Ford a U.S. Auto Maker is built in Flatrock Michigan with the 3.7 built in Cleveland. The automatic is built in the US as well. Some non US parts as all cars but indeed Chrysler is NO longer a US owned car company. You can get a Nissan or Honda built in the US too but they are Japanese Companies.

---------- Post added at 08:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 AM ----------

[QUOTE="Midnight2012;1785539"]
Old 09-06-2013, 02:36 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

There u got it wrong
If you buy a Honda build in the US, you call it japanese, but an Dodge build in Canada is not US.
How come? If a Toyota Made in USA is japanese then a Dodge or Chrysler Made anywhere in the world has to be American as well.

Some pics of fun to drive roads with a Stang in Switzerland:

Name:	ForumRunner_20130906_213549.png
Views:	140
Size:	444.9 KB
ID:	127695

Name:	ForumRunner_20130906_213524.png
Views:	143
Size:	473.4 KB
ID:	127694

Name:	ForumRunner_20130906_213509.png
Views:	136
Size:	396.9 KB
ID:	127693

Name:	ForumRunner_20130906_213454.png
Views:	148
Size:	474.7 KB
ID:	127692

Name:	ForumRunner_20130906_213454.png
Views:	148
Size:	474.7 KB
ID:	127692
Old 09-06-2013, 06:09 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
There u got it wrong
If you buy a Honda build in the US, you call it japanese, but an Dodge build in Canada is not US.
How come? If a Toyota Made in USA is japanese then a Dodge or Chrysler Made anywhere in the world has to be American as well.

Because Dodge is an Italian owned company. I don't have it wrong at all.
General Motors and Ford are U.S. Automakers. Chrysler is not.
Lots of companies build cars in the U.S. and all over the world. Only Ford and GM have controlling interest owned by U.S. Corporations.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:15 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
@ fordfan100 (not bashing just forgot to add quote) : )
Ahhhhh not if you drive stick.......can u say hello China? I'm very happy ford builds its engines in the US but a transmission is just as important and is built in China! I don't understand why they didn't have it built in the US or Canada and add on an extra 1k and have it built in North America! A major component like that......they shouldn't have cit corners IMO.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:25 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
There u got it wrong

If its built in Canada its as good as American! Its when it DOESN'T come from North America I worry.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:47 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post

If its built in Canada its as good as American! Its when it DOESN'T come from North America I worry.
If its built in Canada it IS built in America. But the op said he won't give up on U.S. cars and maybe he'd buy a Dodge.
Most car makers now days use imported parts. And they build cars all over the world. The Mustang is made of more U.S./Canadian parts than most.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:02 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2012 View Post

If its built in Canada it IS built in America. But the op said he won't give up on U.S. cars and maybe he'd buy a Dodge.
Most car makers now days use imported parts. And they build cars all over the world. The Mustang is made of more U.S./Canadian parts than most.
I think the op along with some other people still consider Dodge American. Personally when I see a dodge I still consider it American even though its owned by fiat. How much % do they actually own?
Old 09-06-2013, 11:29 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I think the op along with some other people still consider Dodge American. Personally when I see a dodge I still consider it American even though its owned by fiat. How much % do they actually own?
68.4 % increasing to 75% by July 2014 working on approval for sole ownership. Kinds sad since the tax payers bailed them out twice. Some people think Elvis is still alive too.
Old 09-07-2013, 07:55 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2012 View Post

68.4 % increasing to 75% by July 2024. working on approval for sole ownership. Kinds sad since the tax payers bailed them out twice. Some people think Elvis is still alive too.
Lol, OK not very American at all anymore. Do you think they will ever be bought back?
Old 09-07-2013, 11:21 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol, OK not very American at all anymore. Do you think they will ever be bought back?
Sorry that's 75% by 2014. Bought back? Can't predict the future but as we sink deeper into debt with China and move towards world globalization I just hope Ford stays here. Hell I hope we still have a United States.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:37 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

And now i got the confirmation:
Automatic transmission burned out.
Have to make a revision of it, by a company in Switzerland it will cost aprox. 7 grand. Whereby my guarantee company takes about 4.5 grand over. The rest is to be payed by me. If i change a new one, have to wait minimun a month, and costs about 12 grand.
Best regards
Old 09-18-2013, 12:35 PM   #25
Admin

Supporter
Admin

I assume the factory warranty expired. You perhaps had an extended warranty on this, that only covers a partial coverage of the expense?
Old 09-18-2013, 12:43 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Nope, i had no factory warranty,because of import here.
Have another made by a company, and they sent me the certificate after i bought the car, so that i couldn't give back the car even though i am not satisfied with the warranty conditions
Old 09-18-2013, 02:23 PM   #27
Admin

Supporter
Admin

This absolutely stinks for you. Have you tried calling Ford at all? I assume they have an international customer service that you could try. At the very least, it may present you with an alternative price for a transmission replacement.

You are the first to have reported a automatic transmission complete failure that I have read about for the late model Mustangs (2010 to present). I did some googling, and found this:

Ford Schweiz | Ford Suisse

And this in a copy of the Ford Owners manual for 2012 vehicles:

The New Vehicle Limited Warranty and the Emissions Warranties
described in this booklet apply to your vehicle if:
• it was originally purchased through the Ford Export Operations
Military Sales Program; or
• it was originally sold or leased by Ford Motor Company or one of its
dealers in the United States or U.S. Federalized Territories, and it was
originally registered/licensed and operated in the United States, U.S.
Federalized Territories, or Canada.
If you meet either of these two requirements, you do have warranty
coverage when you travel with this vehicle outside the United States,
U.S. Federalized Territories, or Canada. In some cases, however, you may
have to pay the servicing Ford dealer in a foreign country or U.S.
Federalized Territory for a repair that is covered under the U.S.
warranty. If this happens, be sure to save the paid repair order or
invoice. You should present this document to a U.S. Ford Motor
Company dealer for warranty refund consideration. Refer to
www.Ford.com for additional customer assistance reference information

Maybe this can be of some help?
Old 09-18-2013, 02:52 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Thank You very much,
I will contact the importer,and the warranty company so they will know better If it is possible to make such an agreement.
The only problem is that there is no U.S Ford Motor dealer or official representative in Switzerland.
The Ford.ch company is a subordination of german Ford Company.
Anyway i did not quite understand the possibilities or the criteria of possible getting a warranty.
Would you be that kind to explain it a little bit for me,please?
Old 09-19-2013, 05:14 AM   #29
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Where did you purchase this Mustang from? I figured it was a Ford dealer outside of Switzerland (?), and you brought it into the country.

I thought you had a warranty...I'm thinking you can get it repaired, and the balance that the warranty you have now (?) might be paid by Ford if you were to place a claim as the owners manual suggests.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:10 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Well I purchased it from a Company that does import different cars out of Switzerland in here. New and used ones
Old 09-19-2013, 07:18 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I'm sorry for your loss...
But I have an idea that may work for you.
There are takeoffs for the transmission from wrecked stangs.
I think they go for like 2-3k. Could you try that instead of paying 12k?
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:23 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Well, its a company in here that imports different cars from all the world into Switzerland. There is a difference between Ford dealers in Switzerland and almost all Europe and the US. Because Mustang, Edge, taurus are not offered by them in here. I purchased my car from this company, and since there is no official dealer, there can't be a warranty guarantee as well.
So what does this importer do is like paying an ammount to some other company that makes warranty. When you buy the car, you accept this warranty from the other company, and they send you per post your warranty certificate, about a week later.
Then you read there that it is not a whole warranty,just partial since they pay you only about 4300$ per case. And If you have a case, (like mine) you have the rest to pay by yourself. Even if you car is not 2 years old and has only 1700miles past.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:28 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Thank you alrefire,
the main problem is that im Not in the States. Chances of finding an used automatic transmission for my baby in Europe are less than winning the lottery. If I manage to come to the States and get one,even bringing it till Switzerland, and getting off the work, comes of almost the same. But your idea is really appreciated
Old 09-19-2013, 07:38 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

A
Old 09-19-2013, 07:43 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Another complication of my case,
Just got informed that these companies got directly to Ford Motors in the States and purchase Mustangs without any warranty. So that they sell them across Europe with a so called limited warranty.
So that even if i try to make or build a case to Ford,they will throw all away because they sold cars without warranty.
Is it possible that Ford can do such a thing?
What would be the price then in the States for my Stang?
2012 V6 3.7 Premium MCA Edition in black with 18" Gunpowder polished rims, Sync and Shaker included. I bought it here for 42k

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang