Bama tune and MPT tune - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-29-2013, 03:40 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
In yo face Santos update that tuner lol
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-29-2013, 03:55 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
Anyone ever do a dyno pull of a Bama and MPT tune back to back?

I'm just curious how aggressive MPT goes with their tunes. From what I have heard, Bama does a good job but they keep their tunes a bit reserved.
I think AM does an excellent job with their tunes, and very happy with them however the MPT tunes feels more powerful on acceleration, throttle response and firmer shift points.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:58 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post
In yo face Santos update that tuner lol
So I was right tho, they all couldnt hold ten tunes like you said out the door. Even after one update they only showed the slots, it took ANOTHER update to make the slots available I dont even need to update the tuner ky v6 has the 4 tunes I use anyways I dont even have anymore to put on it lol ima be buying multiple tunes for my 5.0 so that should come in handy since I plan on buying, bama, mpt, aed, lund, and steeda tunes.
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-29-2013, 03:59 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

So I was right tho, they all couldnt hold ten tunes like you said out the door. Even after one update they only showed the slots, it took ANOTHER update to make the slots available I dont even need to update the tuner ky v6 has the 4 tunes I use anyways I dont even have anymore to put on it lol ima be buying multiple tunes for my 5.0 so that should come in handy since I plan on buying, bama, mpt, aed, lund, and steeda tunes.
You forgot VMP
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:01 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post

You forgot VMP
Oh and ima get BBR tunes too since im going nitrous I spray 25 shots right now no tune since thats the most I can do without needing a tune lol
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:04 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

Oh and ima get BBR tunes too since im going nitrous I spray 25 shots right now no tune since thats the most I can do without needing a tune lol
I hate you! Lol :jealous:
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:05 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post

I hate you! Lol :jealous:
Don't be, he's the one paying $1k in car payments every month :p
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:08 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,258
I wanna b like CHARLIE!!!!!![COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

If my wife wasn't there to stop me I'd get a 5.0 also! I need help!
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:13 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
I wanna b like CHARLIE!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

If my wife wasn't there to stop me I'd get a 5.0 also! I need help!
No, you need a divorce I'm jk bro
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:16 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post

No, you need a divorce I'm jk bro
Lmao!
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:20 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post

Don't be, he's the one paying $1k in car payments every month :p
Na its 900 not 1k :p

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post

No, you need a divorce I'm jk bro
LMFAO!!!!

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
I wanna b like CHARLIE!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

If my wife wasn't there to stop me I'd get a 5.0 also! I need help!
Hey man just play ur cards right and spend ur money wisely and I dont see why u cant get ur own 5.0
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:24 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
You could always trade up
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:29 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular
 
thecos54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Virginia Beach
Region: Virginia
Posts: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post

No, you need a divorce I'm jk bro
That's too funny.. Lol
thecos54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:57 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post
You could always trade up
Dude my wife just agreed to let me order the tuner/CAI combo from AM for 559$. What do u think? Can I add a mpt tune to it later and will it come with 10 spots 4 tunes? So excited!!!! BTW I can never remember how to spell the dam 6% forum discount code! Can someone please pm me with the proper spelling of it!
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:01 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post

Dude my wife just agreed to let me order the tuner/CAI combo from AM for 559$. What do u think? Can I add a mpt tune to it later and will it come with 10 spots 4 tunes? So excited!!!! BTW I can never remember how to spell the dam 6% forum discount code! Can someone please pm me with the proper spelling of it!
It'll have 10 slots for tunes
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:06 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post

Dude my wife just agreed to let me order the tuner/CAI combo from AM for 559$. What do u think? Can I add a mpt tune to it later and will it come with 10 spots 4 tunes? So excited!!!! BTW I can never remember how to spell the dam 6% forum discount code! Can someone please pm me with the proper spelling of it!
Yeah, add MPT down the road. Get the combo bro! Do it now. You will love
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:10 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Yeah, add MPT down the road. Get the combo bro! Do it now. You will love
I would like to order it tonite before she changes her mind but I can't remember the correct spelling of the discount code. Grrrrrr!
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:12 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Yeah, add MPT down the road. Get the combo bro! Do it now. You will love
Lol you have no idea how many people ive been reading have been saying bama sucks now lol I was amazed honestly how many have said bama ****ed up their cars due to running lean expecially on nitrous tunes. I wouldnt go with them for big power adders only NA stuff. My buddy is running nitrous with bama and after we data logged his car we noticed lean spikes. Be careful people. But yes get the tuner cai combo ONLY because it gets u a tuner and cai cheaper. Then buy tunes from the other people I mentioned.
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:47 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

Lol you have no idea how many people ive been reading have been saying bama sucks now lol I was amazed honestly how many have said bama ****ed up their cars due to running lean expecially on nitrous tunes. I wouldnt go with them for big power adders only NA stuff. My buddy is running nitrous with bama and after we data logged his car we noticed lean spikes. Be careful people. But yes get the tuner cai combo ONLY because it gets u a tuner and cai cheaper. Then buy tunes from the other people I mentioned.
Well I'm not saying bama is bad just that MPT tune seems more powerful and like it better over the bama tunes. Perhaps AM is great for n/a tunes but turbo , supercharged or nitrous is not there specialty.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:29 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,258
Question for you guys, the airaid CAI in the tuner/CAI combo says no tune required, is it even worth it? Will there b significant gains over the stock air box?
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:32 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Question for you guys, the airaid CAI in the tuner/CAI combo says no tune required, is it even worth it? Will there b significant gains over the stock air box?
Almost all of the gains will come from the tune.

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

Search for that thread lol we have been debating it for weeks
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:35 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Question for you guys, the airaid CAI in the tuner/CAI combo says no tune required, is it even worth it? Will there b significant gains over the stock air box?
Airaid and steeda CAI have yielded the best gains bro so ur fine

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Well I'm not saying bama is bad just that MPT tune seems more powerful and like it better over the bama tunes. Perhaps AM is great for n/a tunes but turbo , supercharged or nitrous is not there specialty.
Ive noticed my tunes for my v6 were a lil buggy it took about 4 revissions to get it to idle smoothly -.- I didnt mind it just took awhile to get my tune dialed in. My Lund and MPT Tune worked right out the door first try
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:37 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post

Almost all of the gains will come from the tune.

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

Search for that thread lol we have been debating it for weeks
Serious! I really couldn't care less about the sound it will give, probably won't hear it over my roush axelbacks anyways, but if there are not really any gains maybe I should get the mpt tuner. What do you all think?
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:39 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post

Serious! I really couldn't care less about the sound it will give, probably won't hear it over my roush axelbacks anyways, but if there are not really any gains maybe I should get the mpt tuner. What do you all think?
If I was to do it again I wouldn't get the CAI for power. If I had the extra cash for flash then yes I would get it but there is so much more that you could spend that $300+ on
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:40 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

Airaid and steeda CAI have yielded the best gains bro so ur fine

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------



Ive noticed my tunes for my v6 were a lil buggy it took about 4 revissions to get it to idle smoothly -.- I didnt mind it just took awhile to get my tune dialed in. My Lund and MPT Tune worked right out the door first try
What do you suggest? Bama/ CAI combo or mpt and save a little $? I really don't want to have any issues right out of the box like you described!
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:41 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post

What do you suggest? Bama/ CAI combo or mpt and save a little $?
I would just get the MPT
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:44 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post

If I was to do it again I wouldn't get the CAI for power. If I had the extra cash for flash then yes I would get it but there is so much more that you could spend that $300+ on
The only thing is that the CAI comes to 150$ in the combo.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:46 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post

The only thing is that the CAI comes to 150$ in the combo.
CAI vs Standard Air box with K&N

Read that thread then tell me what you think about it
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:51 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post

What do you suggest? Bama/ CAI combo or mpt and save a little $? I really don't want to have any issues right out of the box like you described!
I say get the combo so u save $$ and u can get a mpt or lund or vmp or bbr any other tune later down the road. The bama tune will be okay untill then bro.
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:04 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular
 
JAC20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post

Almost all of the gains will come from the tune.

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

Search for that thread lol we have been debating it for weeks

. Bbk, airraid, etc all have similar wording. It does tend to double though the specs in general.

From steedas web page.

This Airaid/ insert manufacyerer cold air intake system directly replaces the factory cold air system on your 2011-13 V6 and provides up to 13 horsepower and 15 ft/lbs of torque over the factory airbox using the factory engine calibration.

This intake was designed to not require custom tuning and runs perfectly on the original engine calibration. For even more performance, you can combine this intake with SCT custom tuning where gains of up to 25 horsepower and over 30 foot/lbs of torque can be achieved!

I agree to get the combo and add other tunes down the road. I will try the mpt down the road. I would like to score a throttle body for $150-200 too.
JAC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:09 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAC20 View Post

. Bbk, airraid, etc all have similar wording. It does tend to double though the specs in general.

From steedas web page.

This Airaid/ insert manufacyerer cold air intake system directly replaces the factory cold air system on your 2011-13 V6 and provides up to 13 horsepower and 15 ft/lbs of torque over the factory airbox using the factory engine calibration.

This intake was designed to not require custom tuning and runs perfectly on the original engine calibration. For even more performance, you can combine this intake with SCT custom tuning where gains of up to 25 horsepower and over 30 foot/lbs of torque can be achieved!

I agree to get the combo and add other tunes down the road. I will try the mpt down the road. I would like to score a throttle body for $150-200 too.
Just port n polish your TB same **** as the bbk for like 60 bucks at a shop or free at home if u have a dremel and time on ur hands.
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:14 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular
 
JAC20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

Just port n polish your TB same **** as the bbk for like 60 bucks at a shop or free at home if u have a dremel and time on ur hands.
Don't have a good shop that I know of that would do it around here. How long would it take?
JAC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:16 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAC20 View Post

Don't have a good shop that I know of that would do it around here. How long would it take?
Took me a day but I took my sweet time doing it as slow and nice as I can
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:21 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular
 
JAC20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

Took me a day but I took my sweet time doing it as slow and nice as I can
I may see if my bro can help me out next time i visit. He has the tools And is a mechanical engineer and is better at things like that.
JAC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:22 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,258
Just got off the phone with AM and he told me that tuner only holds 3 tunes? Wtf? Airaid/tuner combo.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



02:09 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.