Bama tune and MPT tune - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-29-2013, 07:35 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Just got off the phone with AM and he told me that tuner only holds 3 tunes? Wtf? Airaid/tuner combo.
Lol we just had a AM rep say its 10
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2013, 07:49 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

I just let it go lol. I thought he was trolling
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:06 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:

Serious! I really couldn't care less about the sound it will give, probably won't hear it over my roush axelbacks anyways, but if there are not really any gains maybe I should get the mpt tuner. What do you all think?
I would get the Sct tuner and CAI combo from AM. I have an airaid CAI and love it. How much HP did I gain from the tune and CAI. I have no clue. I never dyno my car stock and never dyno it when tuned and CAI.

I have been told by the majority the tune and CAI has nice power HP and torque gains. I have no idea how much I gained but love how it looks and really love the sound when wot. The cai sounds amazing at wot and too me that was worth the cost of it. Remember bro. Building a car up is like baking a cake. The individual mod is equivalent to one ingredient. Sugar alone will not make a cake. A CAI intake only will not make the car perform better. Put a aggressive tune, CAI and cat back exhaust system and now more ingredients to getting that final cake. If you ever add headers and x pipe down the road, the CAI will work even better. The more cold air sucked into the engine and faster that air is pushed out, the more HP and torque your going to produce. Its a cake baby. Mix eggs, sugar, milk, flour , etc , you get the point.

The mods by itself won't work that awesome. When combined with other mods the power is unleased. You would be amazed how much hidden and locked HP and torque given by Ford in our 3.7 but dummied way down to be marketed and sold as an economic mpg sports car . Simple bolt on mods turn our 3.7's into a true performance vehicle .

Bro, you will love the bama tunes. The hybrid is really amazing and highly recommend it. Down the road order the MPT tune.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2013, 08:18 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:

Yeah I called back and they transfered me to bama and they confirmed that for me! I went ahead and ordered the combo! But I didn't have my cars computer info? So he emailed me a link to provide them with the number, mods etc. Thanks guys for all your help! I can't wait to receive it. Good thing I ordered it tonight because I'm starting to get the, I'm so fed up of your car look from the wife!!! Oh well TOO LATE its done, brah ha ha ha!

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

I would get the Sct tuner and CAI combo from AM. I have an airaid CAI and love it. How much HP did I gain from the tune and CAI. I have no clue. I never dyno my car stock and never dyno it when tuned and CAI.

I have been told by the majority the tune and CAI has nice power HP and torque gains. I have no idea how much I gained but love how it looks and really love the sound when wot. The cai sounds amazing at wot and too me that was worth the cost of it. Remember bro. Building a car up is like baking a cake. The individual mod is equivalent to one ingredient. Sugar alone will not make a cake. A CAI intake only will not make the car perform better. Put a aggressive tune, CAI and cat back exhaust system and now more ingredients to getting that final cake. If you ever add headers and x pipe down the road, the CAI will work even better. The more cold air sucked into the engine and faster that air is pushed out, the more HP and torque your going to produce. Its a cake baby. Mix eggs, sugar, milk, flour , etc , you get the point.

The mods by itself won't work that awesome. When combined with other mods the power is unleased. You would be amazed how much hidden and locked HP and torque given by Ford in our 3.7 but dummied way down to be marketed and sold as an economic mpg sports car . Simple bolt on mods turn our 3.7's into a true performance vehicle .

Bro, you will love the bama tunes. The hybrid is really amazing and highly recommend it. Down the road order the MPT tune.
So what tunes should I get? I'm trying to set up my email link to my ****ty nexus 4! Don't get a nexus 4!!!!
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:43 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah I called back and they transfered me to bama and they confirmed that for me! I went ahead and ordered the combo! But I didn't have my cars computer info? So he emailed me a link to provide them with the number, mods etc. Thanks guys for all your help! I can't wait to receive it. Good thing I ordered it tonight because I'm starting to get the, I'm so fed up of your car look from the wife!!! Oh well TOO LATE its done, brah ha ha ha!

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

So what tunes should I get? I'm trying to set up my email link to my ****ty nexus 4! Don't get a nexus 4!!!!
If I were you I would get the following tunes

87 Hybrid
91 performance
91 Hybrid
Old 08-29-2013, 08:54 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Its asking me for computer code? Where do I find that? Also I have access to 94 octane everywhere should I get a 93+ tune? Thanks.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:01 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Its asking me for computer code? Where do I find that? Also I have access to 94 octane everywhere should I get a 93+ tune? Thanks.
Sure go with 93 if your region gas stations carries it.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:38 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Here's where to find the code.
Attached Images

Old 08-29-2013, 10:05 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks, just found it and ordered my tunes! Cannot wait!!!!
Old 08-29-2013, 10:33 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Thanks, just found it and ordered my tunes! Cannot wait!!!!
Sweet.. Good luck..
thecos54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:27 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Alright guys so just an update I got the hybrid tune from bama and I have to say this car went from a beast to a monster. I want to take on a 5.0 now this thing is so fast it's insane the idling problem was fixed and the car just feels great.
Salc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:55 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salc7
Alright guys so just an update I got the hybrid tune from bama and I have to say this car went from a beast to a monster. I want to take on a 5.0 now this thing is so fast it's insane the idling problem was fixed and the car just feels great.
Lol you're not going to be even close to a 5.0 with just a tune. And Bama's hybrid tune doesn't even come close to MPT's race tune. Still a good tune though, ran the hybrid for about 4 months. But try a MPT tune, totally worth it and only 75$.
Old 09-01-2013, 01:02 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedStang View Post

Lol you're not going to be even close to a 5.0 with just a tune. And Bama's hybrid tune doesn't even come close to MPT's race tune. Still a good tune though, ran the hybrid for about 4 months. But try a MPT tune, totally worth it and only 75$.
Do you have any quarter mile times with the tune
Old 09-01-2013, 01:26 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salc7 View Post
If the hybrid tune more aggressive than the 93 race tune from bama? My tuner is on its way but only has the 87,91,93 tunes.
Old 09-01-2013, 01:35 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

If the hybrid tune more aggressive than the 93 race tune from bama? My tuner is on its way but only has the 87,91,93 tunes.
Let me put it this way the 93 race makes it run harder u feel the shifts it's rough but fast but with the hybrid tune it runs very smooth like the car feels in sync now but it's faster than the race tune I couldn't be happier with it
Old 09-01-2013, 01:40 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

MPT all the way. when I was N/A I did 0-60 in 4.4-4.5 sec with my mods. you will lose by a lot with jus a bama tune. I promise. your car is fast but not nearly as fast as it could be. you still have. alotta horses to release
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:04 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 stang22 View Post
MPT all the way. when I was N/A I did 0-60 in 4.4-4.5 sec with my mods. you will lose by a lot with jus a bama tune. I promise. your car is fast but not nearly as fast as it could be. you still have. alotta horses to release
I'm completely stock except the tune what do you think my quarter mile would be with the MPT tune
Old 09-01-2013, 02:09 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

low-mid 13s. depending upon elevation weather etc.
Old 09-01-2013, 02:11 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 stang22 View Post
low-mid 13s. depending upon elevation weather etc.
I'm right outside of Philly I just want to build up the car a little before I head into the city to race
Old 09-01-2013, 03:34 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

I'm not familiar with the elevation there. colder is always better than hot though.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:17 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol! No way you'd be close to a 5.0. With some bolt ons you could hang till 70-80 but than the v8 kicks in
powerwhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:26 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwhee View Post

Lol! No way you'd be close to a 5.0. With some bolt ons you could hang till 70-80 but than the v8 kicks in
I'm thinking that it was more figurative speaking than actual. I believe the tune made such a huge difference that he felt the car transformed into a much more performance machine. I completely understand where he is coming from because the tune really unlocks a lot of hidden power. Its like night and day. In order for the v6 to keep up with a stock automatic 5.0 one will need a few more bolt on mods but it can be done easily especially with the right tune.

I test drove an automatic 5.0 2013 and I can tell you first hand the factory tune is horrible compared to a bama race, hybrid or MPT race tune. The factory shift points are not good, the 390 pounds of torque is not utilized properly with the factory settings. My n/a modded 11 V6 felt faster than the automatic 5.0 and that was prior to me having headers, 3:73 gears and one piece aluminum driveshaft.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:25 AM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'm thinking that it was more figurative speaking than actual. I believe the tune made such a huge difference that he felt the car transformed into a much more performance machine. I completely understand where he is coming from because the tune really unlocks a lot of hidden power. Its like night and day. In order for the v6 to keep up with a stock automatic 5.0 one will need a few more bolt on mods but it can be done easily especially with the right tune.

I test drove an automatic 5.0 2013 and I can tell you first hand the factory tune is horrible compared to a bama race, hybrid or MPT race tune. The factory shift points are not good, the 390 pounds of torque is not utilized properly with the factory settings. My n/a modded 11 V6 felt faster than the automatic 5.0 and that was prior to me having headers, 3:73 gears and one piece aluminum driveshaft.
I love when there's just that one guy on the forum that completely understands you when no one else does and you my friend are that guy
Old 09-02-2013, 01:07 AM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol my full bolt on auto didnt feel anywhere close to my 5.0 the first day I got it I had my friend drive my 3.7 and I **** on him in my 5.0 I do understand you tho, when I got my mpt tune I was like holy ****! I thought I was ready to take on a shelby hahaha my car pulled so damn hard, it made me hate bama hahaha
Old 09-02-2013, 01:17 AM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yea I agree with you in that aspect but after 80 even a stock 5.0 would pull ahead pretty frantically
Old 09-02-2013, 01:22 AM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yea I agree with you in that aspect but after 80 even a stock 5.0 would pull ahead pretty frantically
My car does feel fast. And I have raced my friends stock 5.0 at the 1/8th mile. He gets a 8.4-8.6 and I get 8.8. So he pulls ahead even at the 1/8th but he has t/i/e and spins bad on his stock tires. So yea 3.7 can "feel" faster in around town speed but after 80 5.0 trains away
Old 09-02-2013, 01:24 AM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Guys I also just want to say thanks for making this the biggest thread I've ever started
Old 09-02-2013, 01:32 AM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Guys I also just want to say thanks for making this the biggest thread I've ever started
Your welcome hahaha
Old 09-02-2013, 05:54 AM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's awesome, glad to see you like it. I was thinking about getting this for my 5.0, when I get back from my deployment. Not sure what other 2 tunes to get... Guess ill figure it out. First time ever having to do it.

I have a question, when you get the Bama tunes for life, do you have to get something done to your car in order to get another tune after you first 3?

Example if I get a 87,91 and hybrid tune... Do I have to get something done to the car before I can call and get another tune, like a totally different tune... Say the ghost cam tune? Thanks...
Old 09-02-2013, 06:14 AM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecos54 View Post

That's awesome, glad to see you like it. I was thinking about getting this for my 5.0, when I get back from my deployment. Not sure what other 2 tunes to get... Guess ill figure it out. First time ever having to do it.

I have a question, when you get the Bama tunes for life, do you have to get something done to your car in order to get another tune after you first 3?

Example if I get a 87,91 and hybrid tune... Do I have to get something done to the car before I can call and get another tune, like a totally different tune... Say the ghost cam tune? Thanks...
You gey 3 tunes, when u get cat deletes like I did for my 5.0, they will send a revised aka updated tune to incorporate the new part. So everytime u add a new mod just call them up and have them send you new tunes.

That being said, I wouldnt HIGHLY recommend bama for tunes. Yes they run great and this and that, BUT they leave alot of ponies on the table and sometimes have lean spots and such. If you want the most out of your car go with another vendor, MPT, Lund Racing, AED, etc etc I can go on and on of other companies that ive tested and seen results of better yielding tunes. Choose wisely but like I said bama isnt a bad place to start bro.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:07 AM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

You gey 3 tunes, when u get cat deletes like I did for my 5.0, they will send a revised aka updated tune to incorporate the new part. So everytime u add a new mod just call them up and have them send you new tunes.

That being said, I wouldnt HIGHLY recommend bama for tunes. Yes they run great and this and that, BUT they leave alot of ponies on the table and sometimes have lean spots and such. If you want the most out of your car go with another vendor, MPT, Lund Racing, AED, etc etc I can go on and on of other companies that ive tested and seen results of better yielding tunes. Choose wisely but like I said bama isnt a bad place to start bro.
Yeah so I've heard, just like the thought of free tunes, and I don't plan on tracking it too much yet... It's my daily driver, but would like to upgrade mods and if I get those other tunes ill have to pay for new tunes every time right? Any one else offer tunes for life or anything close... Once I get to the point where is not an everyday driver or I'm almost done modding (go ahead an laugh... I know) lol maybe than I get the more aggressive tunes?
Old 09-02-2013, 09:59 AM   #102
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
I was told by MPT that they will revise/update your tune up to 6 months after purchasing it. Not sure about Lund or AED.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:04 AM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecos54 View Post

Yeah so I've heard, just like the thought of free tunes, and I don't plan on tracking it too much yet... It's my daily driver, but would like to upgrade mods and if I get those other tunes ill have to pay for new tunes every time right? Any one else offer tunes for life or anything close... Once I get to the point where is not an everyday driver or I'm almost done modding (go ahead an laugh... I know) lol maybe than I get the more aggressive tunes?
I would definitely recommend AM for its tunes while your building your car up with mods. I have been running the 91 hybrid tune and personally like that the best of the bama tunes. From a financial perspective, AM's free tunes for life is amazing and the best deal. AM has wonderful customer service and gives a honest good product as all there products are. With that said, are the tunes from AM the most powerful tunes out there. After getting my MPT tune, it takes the cars performance to a different feeling and level above the bama tunes. I love AM but MPT tunes are crazy aggressive and car pulls harder and even firmer shift points.

Charlie, is your 5.0 an automatic with the 3:15 gears? I only ask because the 2013 5.0 I tested was an auto with 3:15 gears and respectfully, highly disappointed in the cars off line acceleration and mid power. The factory tune has the same horrible throttle response as does the v6 stock tune. A highly noticeable delay in throttle response and weak shift points in the automatic.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:35 AM   #104
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:

Quote:

My 5.0 pulls frantically from the start even against 10 and below GTs. Just ask my mom what happened on sunday guy was in front of me at a light (10 GT) and he left WOT I had enough space to go around him in the right lane and pass him in second hear he didn't even wanna look at me when I pulled up next to him at the next light
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:58 AM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post

My 5.0 pulls frantically from the start even against 10 and below GTs. Just ask my mom what happened on sunday guy was in front of me at a light (10 GT) and he left WOT I had enough space to go around him in the right lane and pass him in second hear he didn't even wanna look at me when I pulled up next to him at the next light
You have a boss.

much different than a stock 3.31 geared stick 5.0 or a automatic 3.15 geared auto 5.0. with its 6850 rpm redline and 412 horses. And the suspension doesn't hook as well.

I have driven a stock boss 302 and a stock 5.0 and the boss is much faster cause of the 7500 rpm redline, the fact it pulls all the way to that redline, and the shorter 3.73 gears.

A 3.15 geared auto convertible would have a hard time pulling a modded decently bolted on (headers,intake,tune,catless, 3.31 gears or higher) 3.7 till 80-100 when the v8 kicks in as after that speed it's about how much gas you can burn to overcome air resistance. A stock 3.31 geared 5.0 really pulls on the modded (t/i/e) 3.7 after 70. The thing is the 5.0 responds just as well as the 3.7 to mods so once you start modding the 5.0 it's game over.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang