this is crazy! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-30-2013, 04:06 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
this is crazy!

Okay I've had a bama tuner for about 6 months, but never put a tune in until today. I was afraid of messing up the warranty. Wow, it's a night and day difference. I've only tried the 87 street so far, but this is incredible. It makes me feel bad that I drove 23k miles without it. Also, what was ford thinking of with the tune they had in there? I've just fallen in love with my car all over again.
D2theJ2theC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2013, 04:16 PM   #2

Region: Other
Do the dealer know if i load a tune? I can return it to stock when gonna to the dealer, i want to keep my warranty
pony17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 04:26 PM   #3
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by pony17 View Post
Do the dealer know if i load a tune? I can return it to stock when gonna to the dealer, i want to keep my warranty
Whenever you change the computer on the car (ie. upload a tune) they will be able to see it. Returning it back to stock and driving 1,000,000 miles will still leave that trace.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2013, 04:45 PM   #4

Region: Other
bad news, i was thinking to buy the sct, but are you sure than i lost my warranty if i load a tune?
pony17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 05:03 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
bad news, i was thinking to buy the sct, but are you sure than i lost my warranty if i load a tune?
Not necessarily bad news, talk to you dealer, They might be o.k with it. This topic has been discussed numerous times.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 05:11 PM   #6
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by D2theJ2theC View Post
Okay I've had a bama tuner for about 6 months, but never put a tune in until today. I was afraid of messing up the warranty. Wow, it's a night and day difference. I've only tried the 87 street so far, but this is incredible. It makes me feel bad that I drove 23k miles without it. Also, what was ford thinking of with the tune they had in there? I've just fallen in love with my car all over again.
I'm glad you're enjoying it man! It's always fun seeing a customer's first reaction to our Bama tunes haha. I felt the same way the first time I experienced a custom tune and remember thinking "why didn't I do this earlier?". Just wait until you upload the 93 Race tune...

FYI - this is how addictions start you know!

Shane

Quote:
Not quite! If you load a custom tune to your Mustang, your warranty is not voided automatically. There's more depth to it than that.

If for some reason you were to have drivetrain issues, a dealership has to prove the modification or tune caused the failure. If they can't or find the failure was caused by something else, you'll still get the warranty service.

Keep in mind - this is only if the dealership checks your PCM for a custom tune. If you were to have an alternator failure under warranty, there would be no reason for them to even check the PCM to begin with. Thus, you would be covered by the warranty again. As you can see it's not a cut and dry process. It truly depends on the situation before your warranty is considered voided or not.

I hope this helps clarify things for you. Let me know if you have anymore questions!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 05:36 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I had my car tuned and had to go in for warranty work for my front control arms. And Shane is correct. They wouldn't have a reason to check the PCM for something like that.

I've had my tuned for almost a year and never had a single problem!!
silvrbullet2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:39 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks guys, I'm trying to fight the addiction but I'm already thinking about the next mod I should do. I'm not really worried about the warranty. It only really voids the power train part and i haven't seen many people having problems with the v6 automatics. I think I'm going to need new tires sooner than I thought. It's just too much fun.

On a side note, it looks as though I can get better gas mileage if i keep my foot off the gas. So I'm still trying to figure out what ford was trying to do.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:54 PM   #9
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Thanks guys, I'm trying to fight the addiction but I'm already thinking about the next mod I should do. I'm not really worried about the warranty. It only really voids the power train part and i haven't seen many people having problems with the v6 automatics. I think I'm going to need new tires sooner than I thought. It's just too much fun.

On a side note, it looks as though I can get better gas mileage if i keep my foot off the gas. So I'm still trying to figure out what ford was trying to do.
Just hope you don't have engine issues. They will most likely blame the tune for that.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:06 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Well, it's only guaranteed for 60k miles anyway. If i have engine problems before then I'm just going to fix it then sell it. It's a risk. One I consider low
Old 09-01-2013, 07:43 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:

Dude just talk to your dealer, it might give you piece of mind. That's the first thing I did and was pleasantly surprised. Before you jump to conclusions see what they say about you wanting to tune. Then decide what u want to do. If you think about it if you break something in the drive line and you drive your car like most people do who have a stang they could deny you warranty work also! It depends of your dealing with a holes or not.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang