NEWB Question - Dealer Installed Options? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-31-2013, 05:03 PM   #1

Region: Virginia
NEWB Question - Dealer Installed Options?

I just purchased a 2014 V6 DIB MT w/ Performance Pack. It's only my second car and it will be a daily driver.

Quick question: I'm meeting with the dealer Monday to discussed dealer installed options. As the whole process is new to me, I'm open to advice on what options to consider form the dealer or in the aftermarket for a NEWB with a limited budget.

Thanks for your time.
sorengard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2013, 05:10 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorengard View Post
I just purchased a 2014 V6 DIB MT w/ Performance Pack. It's only my second car and it will be a daily driver.

Quick question: I'm meeting with the dealer Monday to discussed dealer installed options. As the whole process is new to me, I'm open to advice on what options to consider form the dealer or in the aftermarket for a NEWB with a limited budget.

Thanks for your time.
Every single option, from suspension to stereo, that the dealer wanted to talk to me about I have been able to get cheaper aftermarket. For example, they wanted $600 just to install 4 6x9's and a sub. That was with me supplying everything needed. Just install.

What options are you thinking about?
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 05:18 PM   #3

Region: Virginia
Thanks for the quick response. You pretty much confirmed my view of the dealer options.

In terms of options/mods, I have a limited budget (+/- $1K) and am brand new to owning a Mustang. I got the perf package because I liked the handling and ride vs. the base...So my first priority is increasing performance & handling and then maybe an external option to make it look nicer. I hope that helps.
sorengard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2013, 05:26 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Most, but not all power upgrades will unfortunately put your warranty in a "grey area". Talk to the service guy at your dealership and see what they are cool with.

There are a ton of very knowledgeable v6 owners on here that can absolutely point you in the right direction.
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 05:41 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:

Thanks for your time.
Anything from Tinted WIndows to installing Stripes, the dealer marks up a couple of 200% or more. Tinted Windows, dealer price $349, locally $149. Stripes were several hundred dollars for install.

EVERYTHING they want to sell you is OVERPRICED!
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 05:55 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post

Anything from Tinted WIndows to installing Stripes, the dealer marks up a couple of 200% or more. Tinted Windows, dealer price $349, locally $149. Stripes were several hundred dollars for install.

EVERYTHING they want to sell you is OVERPRICED!
Agreed. And my ford shop just hires outsiders and over prices them and says its under warranty now. Stripes were 900 for mine, so I did not get them. Because honestly, for 900 dollars, I would rather try putting my stripes on with sidewalk chalk.
Tpost08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:00 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:

Thanks for your time.
I ordered the same exact car! Good choice
Dhawk1313 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang