Scratch on my door. I think it chipped the paint - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-31-2013, 06:51 PM   #1

Region: Arizona
Scratch on my door. I think it chipped the paint

Hey everyone, I just bought a 2014 mustang and I've had it for about 3 months now and just noticed that it had a scratch on the side of that drivers side door where someone might have hit it when opening the door next to me. It sucks and want to get it taken care of as soon as possible. I was just wondering if anyone new the best way to go about it. I saw that you can get matching paint to put on, but I don't want it looking ghetto. Is it difficult to match/make look like nothing happened? If so then thats what I'll do. I just don't want to waste money if its not gonna look good. Thanks for the feedback!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2508.JPG
Views:	166
Size:	299.8 KB
ID:	126866  
bluedream14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2013, 06:55 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Go to ford and get a bottle of touch up.. i always try to get the dealer to give me a bottle at the sale.of the vehicle. You can order it online too. Even on ebay... Autozone too.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:02 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Put itnon in very light coats. Start from center out. Get some 4000 grit wetsand paper and some scratch remover polish. When u have it filled in good and it a little higher than the scratch then you can use the 4000 wetsand paper (use a ton of water) to lightly, Very lightly and carefully just take it down a hair. Then use the polish to buff it out super shiney. U will be the only one to ever notice it. Youtube has a bunch of videos on it if u want to search automotive scratch repair.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2013, 07:41 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Autozone. Get touch up there. If its chipped the touch up will cover the darkness just won't fill it in. I will post some pictures of touch up on my car.

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang