Should i.? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-01-2013, 02:44 AM   #1

Region: Arizona
Cool Should i.?

Thinking about taking off my cats in my 2011 v6 putting straight pipes. What do you guys think.? Good or bad
Sixxer2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2013, 02:50 AM   #2
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
You'll throw a code. Do you have a tune on the car?
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:52 AM   #3

Yea 91Race tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2013, 02:56 AM   #4
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Nice, I think you can have your tune written to shut off the rear o2's. When I installed some LT's I'm gonna delete my cats too.
I'm not sure how that's gonna sound on a V6 though. Might be interesting.
Old 09-01-2013, 03:00 AM   #5

Oh nice. Well thats my concern. I want it to sound loud but not to ricey. I currently have flowmasters super 44 series it's got a nice rumble but i want it a bit louder. Any suggestions.?
Old 09-01-2013, 03:16 AM   #6
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

If you keep the stock H pipe, it might not sound too bad. I saw a video where a guy added an X pipe with his cat deletes and it was super raspy.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:32 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
Nice, I think you can have your tune written to shut off the rear o2's. When I installed some LT's I'm gonna delete my cats too.
I'm not sure how that's gonna sound on a V6 though. Might be interesting.
Two added glass packs will make that set up sound great!
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:25 AM   #8
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Be sure to keep the cats, as you'll be putting them back on sooner or later. It's a federal law (which out rules any local laws) to remove them. It's also illegal to sell or trade in a vehicle without them. If a dealer takes the car in on trade, they must install them to sell it. If you sell the car privately, you will be held liable by the buyer to install them, even if you see the car "as is".

Happened to my son; he sold his Subaru without the cat(s). Sold it "as is" with both parties signing the paper. Two weeks later he was served with papers stating he either had to buy the car back, or pay to have the cat installed. It was a $40,000 fine if he did not comply.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:30 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Be sure to keep the cats, as you'll be putting them back on sooner or later. It's a federal law (which out rules any local laws) to remove them. It's also illegal to sell or trade in a vehicle without them. If a dealer takes the car in on trade, they must install them to sell it. If you sell the car privately, you will be held liable by the buyer to install them, even if you see the car "as is".

Happened to my son; he sold his Subaru without the cat(s). Sold it "as is" with both parties signing the paper. Two weeks later he was served with papers stating he either had to buy the car back, or pay to have the cat installed. It was a $40,000 fine if he did not comply.
Easy fix. Just buy a high flowing catted x pipe when ready to sell your stang and swap that with your off road x pipe.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:32 AM   #10
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Good to have a plan should you decide to remove the cats. Just trying to save others the grief (and initial scare) that my son went through a couple of years ago. Even though Florida (central Florida) did not have an inspection sysytem in place, the federal law over rules that. So getting caught is slim, until you go to sell or trade in the vehicle.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:24 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Good to have a plan should you decide to remove the cats. Just trying to save others the grief (and initial scare) that my son went through a couple of years ago. Even though Florida (central Florida) did not have an inspection sysytem in place, the federal law over rules that. So getting caught is slim, until you go to sell or trade in the vehicle.
I hear ya on that. The factory cats wont fit on the long tube headers. I didnt save my cats because I'm not gonna take off the headers and then reinstall the stock manifolds. Lol. Its just easier when I'm ready to sell the car to purchase a high flowing catted x pipe, remove the off road and put on the catted . Lol
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:17 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I hear ya on that. The factory cats wont fit on the long tube headers. I didnt save my cats because I'm not gonna take off the headers and then reinstall the stock manifolds. Lol. Its just easier when I'm ready to sell the car to purchase a high flowing catted x pipe, remove the off road and put on the catted . Lol
BTW, it is also against Federal law to tamper with a working Emission control devise.
A friend of mine was pulled over in North Carolina by a state trooper in his F-150 and found out about that, he had high flow cats on it but was written for a non stock Cat and was told to prove the old cats were bad or pay the fine. Also was told he was supposed to replace with OEM parts when they go bad and ended up putting new Stock cats back on to lower the fine.
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:11 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxer2011 View Post
Thinking about taking off my cats in my 2011 v6 putting straight pipes. What do you guys think.? Good or bad
thats what i have
arturo55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:02 PM   #14

How do you like it? Does it sound any good.?
Old 09-07-2013, 02:15 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
How do you like it? Does it sound any good.?
I like it it sounds really good but when I put my headers I will be putting some mufflers
arturo55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:53 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No catts and straight pipe is gna sound like **** lol ive tried hahaha
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 05:51 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos

No catts and straight pipe is gna sound like **** lol ive tried hahaha
+1

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang