gt grille - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-01-2013, 11:25 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
gt grille

what are your guy's thoughts on the gt fog light grille on the v6 stangs? only real draw i had to the gt were those fog lights and now i'm thinking about it but unsure if it's considered... rice? lol anyways thanks.
AmericanBulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2013, 11:36 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
You'll get flashed alot from the 4 headlights. Least I do.
Old 09-02-2013, 01:15 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanBulldog View Post
what are your guy's thoughts on the gt fog light grille on the v6 stangs? only real draw i had to the gt were those fog lights and now i'm thinking about it but unsure if it's considered... rice? lol anyways thanks.
Your only draw to a GT is the fog-lights? Really? The sound of a rumbling V8 doesn't draw you?

Seriously though, the GT grill will look just fine on a V6. You will get flashed a lot, but that's the price you pay for visibility.
Fader is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2013, 01:25 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

i came from a v8 f150 so the rumbing wasn't really something... new. Was nice but not definitely a must.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:50 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

You're grille options are amazing though, you can d so much and even delete the fogs and get the boss valence with lights.

My lights are pointed down btw, I have 4500k zxe headlights and 4300 fogs by sylvania. Best DOT light to have. With my kit I have from starkey I can use my brights and fogs at the same time. So when people flash me I just turn the brights on and they stop the whole blinding me act.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:19 AM   #6
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
How can folks consider the two fog lights in the grill rice??

This setup is a tribute to the same arrangement used on the late 60's/early 70's GT's and Shelbys. Way before "rice" was a term.

Tradition and classic style.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:46 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I love the twin fogs look.
fordfan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:24 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I love the fogs as well. but I want a boss grille.
I'm torn :*(
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:43 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post

This setup is a tribute to the same arrangement used on the late 60's/early 70's GT's and Shelbys. Way before "rice" was a term.

I would agree with that. That's why I love the my 05 GT. The entire car has classic lines, and is a tribute. The fog lights look really good with brushed aluminum trim rings, too. Just a little bling, without looking cheesy or cheap.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:09 AM   #10
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fader View Post
I would agree with that. That's why I love the my 05 GT. The entire car has classic lines, and is a tribute. The fog lights look really good with brushed aluminum trim rings, too. Just a little bling, without looking cheesy or cheap.
Where are these trim rings available at? Do you know of a link to a picture or sales? I'd like to see this.

I too am a fan of this grill, and I understand the other post for the Boss grill and blockout plates, or ducting for front brake cooling if you track the car. A win win either way!
Old 09-03-2013, 09:18 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
I run it on my V6. Used a starkey harness. I really like the look and the smoked out pony. I will be wiring my stock fogs as yellows and making them independent from the LED's. That way I can run HL, LED and/or lower fogs on low beam and HL or lower fogs on high beam.

Now if I could find a 2013 Boss grille to match the pony package emblems, that would do it.
Six7One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:19 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Well really a lose lose bucko. For me and alrefire, we want the boss grille and the fogs. But we have to choose :/ 13-14 they can pop the plates out and install them. 11-12 can't.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:22 AM   #13
Admin

Supporter
Admin

That Starkey harness is the best. Pre wired, clean, and factory looking with the outer plastic protection. When I converted my V6 bumper cover/grill (or is it grille?), to the GT fromt bumper/grill (grille), I had to cut off the H10 connectors (V6) and solder on H11 connectors. They also sell H10 to H11 conversion connectors, but it was cheaper to buy the H11 connectors and solder them on.

Would still like to see the stanless or chrome rings around the center fogs of a GT though.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:26 AM   #14
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post
Well really a lose lose bucko. For me and alrefire, we want the boss grille and the fogs. But we have to choose :/ 13-14 they can pop the plates out and install them. 11-12 can't.
If you go with the Boss lower facia and splitter, you can have both! The Boss lower facia has the fogs in it, simular to the V6. Then you can have the Boss block off plates or mesh covers in the place of the GT fogs.

I am waiting on delivery of the Boss facia (already have the splitter sitting in the garage), but I'm going to keep the GT fogs in the grill, at least for now.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:41 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If you go with the Boss lower facia and splitter, you can have both! The Boss lower facia has the fogs in it, simular to the V6. Then you can have the Boss block off plates or mesh covers in the place of the GT fogs.

I am waiting on delivery of the Boss facia (already have the splitter sitting in the garage), but I'm going to keep the GT fogs in the grill, at least for now.
I meant fogs like the GT fogs
Like the 69 boss
Old 09-03-2013, 10:31 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Where are these trim rings available at? Do you know of a link to a picture or sales? I'd like to see this.

I too am a fan of this grill, and I understand the other post for the Boss grill and blockout plates, or ducting for front brake cooling if you track the car. A win win either way!
I just ordered this set this morning, and also have the matching ring on my faux gas cap on the trunk. Cheap part, and looks great!

2005 2007 Mustang GT Grille Light Bezels Brushed Aluminum | eBay
Old 09-03-2013, 10:33 AM   #17
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
I just ordered this set this morning, and also have the matching ring on my faux gas cap on the trunk. Cheap part, and looks great!

2005 2007 Mustang GT Grille Light Bezels Brushed Aluminum | eBay
I'll have to research and see if the pre-'08 fog light grilles are the same as the '09 and above as far as the trim ring is involved.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:58 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I agree the fogs don't look rice but the question was if the gt fogs are put on the v6. Since i know some people give others crap for using shelby parts and such.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:41 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Fogs are one thing. But I have to agree that running the shelby cobra emblems on a non-cobra are kind of misleading. I'd own the heck out of a shirt...but would not run a cobra anything on my V6. But that's just me.
Anyone who gives someone UNSOLICITED crap about how they mod their mustang from a style perspective, should just chill out. It's not their car. But if someone asks for opinions, they're asking for EVERY opinion ANY person has.

I am getting "AMRICE Racing" across my windshield...
Old 09-03-2013, 02:09 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That Starkey harness is the best. Pre wired, clean, and factory looking with the outer plastic protection. When I converted my V6 bumper cover/grill (or is it grille?), to the GT fromt bumper/grill (grille), I had to cut off the H10 connectors (V6) and solder on H11 connectors. They also sell H10 to H11 conversion connectors, but it was cheaper to buy the H11 connectors and solder them on.

Would still like to see the stanless or chrome rings around the center fogs of a GT though.
Well here is my problem. I want to do grille fogs for a boss 302 grille. Bling lights is the only one who makes a kit and you have to 3m the lights on. Sketchy but gets the job done.

I have the starkey harness. Best thing I've bought for my mustang since my exhaust.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:17 PM   #21
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanBulldog View Post
I agree the fogs don't look rice but the question was if the gt fogs are put on the v6. Since i know some people give others crap for using shelby parts and such.
Not on this site as much. If anyone provides you with any junk about using parts (as long as its not false badging), simply extend your hand out, palm up, and ask for your next months car payment. Then their opinion matters.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:00 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Not on this site as much. If anyone provides you with any junk about using parts (as long as its not false badging), simply extend your hand out, palm up, and ask for your next months car payment. Then their opinion matters.
In a perfect world... In a perfect world....
Old 09-03-2013, 09:53 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Speaking of people judging, everyone take a look at this car, and tell me what's wrong.... Know this, upon contacting the dealership about this, they denied any knowledge of what I was talking about.

Look CLOSELY....
Ford : Mustang Base Coupe 2-Door in Ford | eBay Motors
Old 09-03-2013, 10:06 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Speaking of people judging, everyone take a look at this car, and tell me what's wrong.... Know this, upon contacting the dealership about this, they denied any knowledge of what I was talking about.

Look CLOSELY....
Double Fender blinkers, Idk!
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:08 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Lol

2005 FORD MUSTANG GT RWD COUPE V6 MANUAL POWER LEATHER CLEAN CARFAX KCHYDODGE
Old 09-03-2013, 10:10 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six7One View Post
Lol

Yeah, someone spent a LOT of money to make that look like a GT. My advice for newbies is don't be THAT guy.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:11 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Six7One View Post
Lol

Oh, lol! Was just looking at the pic.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:48 AM   #28
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
Quote:

Look CLOSELY....
I've seen the opposite before. My buddy spotted a 07 V6 at a local dealer but it looked like a stock GT. Sent me a pic and we got a good laugh. He popped the hood and to his surprise was a 4.6L V8. He checked the VIN on carfax and it was a legit GT. Low mileage, great condition, and being sold at a V6 price. Needless to say, he bought it. Now if only I can find a dealer that'll make that mistake with a '12 5.0 haha.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:18 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida3.7L View Post
I've seen the opposite before. My buddy spotted a 07 V6 at a local dealer but it looked like a stock GT. Sent me a pic and we got a good laugh. He popped the hood and to his surprise was a 4.6L V8. He checked the VIN on carfax and it was a legit GT. Low mileage, great condition, and being sold at a V6 price. Needless to say, he bought it. Now if only I can find a dealer that'll make that mistake with a '12 5.0 haha.
See, I could see doing that, and making a Sleeper. I'd sure expect the dealer to catch it, though. Glad your buddy got such a good deal!
Old 09-04-2013, 02:13 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

I almost bought a 2011 GT with a ford installed "GT appearance package" was about 2,000 just for the badges, bumper, rims, and everything appearance wise. I got a good laugh with my dad when we say the 3.7L and they wanted over 30,000 for a one up above base model.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang