Weight of my '13 premium automatic in race trim - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-02-2013, 09:51 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Weight of my '13 premium automatic in race trim

The number I have is with the fuel gauge right on half a tank.

The scale person gave me a card with 3640 lbs written on it with me and some things in the car. For the weighing, the spare, jack, and trunk floor covering was already removed. I got home and used our fancy digital bathroom scale 11.5 lbs of laptop, SCT, air pump, etc in the car. I weighed right at 206lbs.

3640 lbs
- 11.5 lbs
----------
3628 lbs (not changing anything, this is my race weight with a 1/2 tank of fuel with driver. With 1/4 tank of fuel, I'd basically be 3600 lbs in race trim weight with driver)
- 206 lbs
---------
3422.5 lbs with 1/2 tank of fuel

On avg the gas would be about 6 lbs/gallon so ~4 gallons less for a 1/4 tank of fuel would basically be right at 3400 lbs.

Z28th1s's car (Greg), current MT-82 transmission NA record holder is way down at 3525 lbs with driver.

Smokinstanley, current 6R80 transmission NA record holder is even less at 3500 lbs with driver. He still has the factory DS, and doesn't have lightweight drag wheels yet. The driver only weighs 135 lbs so that's a big advantage.

Both cars are base models and both had the spare, jack, and trunk cover out for these passes.

I just thought many premium owners would like to know this information seeing as I don't believe anyone else has posted their premium weight. Mine is a '13 so I'm pretty sure there's a weight penalty in the range of tens of pounds for that alone. I figure it's the front and rear fascia, hood, HID headlights and the pieces to power those. There may be more to it but I can't think of what else it might be besides that.

Summary: My car with no spare, jack, trunk floor covering weighs 3400 with 1/4 tank and no driver. She's phat!

Thanks go out to Greg (Z28th1s) for getting us his and Stanley's weights!
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2013, 11:22 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
The reason I got a base, cloth with just the sync package. coming from a loaded GT it was a bit of an adjustment but I will say that I dragged a premium package car (track) a few times and beat him every time and by close to a second one time. He was an auto too and I am a manual. 273 gears. He had the 3.31 gearing... I cant figure it.. Every 100 lbs is 1/10 of a second.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:37 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Sometimes I got my big friend (260 lb) my other friend (120 lb) and my other friend (130lb) plus me (170 lb) and one time I had an extra friend in the back (125lb)..
Gordito is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2013, 12:50 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordito View Post
Sometimes I got my big friend (260 lb) my other friend (120 lb) and my other friend (130lb) plus me (170 lb) and one time I had an extra friend in the back (125lb)..
Lol. 8/10ths plus of a second in the 1/4 heh heh heh.. . Imagine if u drovr a Challenger or Camaro lol.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang