Shelby GTS package - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-02-2013, 11:13 AM   #1

Region: Arizona
Shelby GTS package

Has anyone thought about or done the Shelby GTS package? Was thinking about saving up and purchasing it. The package starts at $10,500 for the V-6 this is without the supercharger if I read correctly. The price includes installation if I'm not mistaken. This is the link to the brochure. http://shelbyamerican.com/images/pdf/2013gts-web.pdf
Before any one comments and says "you could have just gotten a 5.0" I am well aware of this.
TNyce11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2013, 11:23 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I would do it its unique less production than Shelby's n if im not mistaken u. Can take a bolt on 5.0
Cold Air Intake
K&N Air Filter
Front sway bar Bushings
andregayola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:49 AM   #3
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Someone one this Forum did it already.

It was a while back that a post was on our V6 forum where someone took their Mustang V6 and had the Shelby treatment. It was nice.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2013, 11:53 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNyce11 View Post
Has anyone thought about or done the Shelby GTS package? Was thinking about saving up and purchasing it. The package starts at $10,500 for the V-6 this is without the supercharger if I read correctly. The price includes installation if I'm not mistaken. This is the link to the brochure. http://shelbyamerican.com/images/pdf/2013gts-web.pdf
Before any one comments and says "you could have just gotten a 5.0" I am well aware of this.
To be honest I didnt even know it was a thang lol.
Prob give your 3.7 a high resell value. 10k is decent but those options all sound pretty tasty, start adding those and thats gettin up to gt500 price range. 10k plus supercharger an other options you may want is gonna bring you pretty close.
IMO you'd be better off sayin f a 5.0 and gettin a gt500 lol.

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

Although i wish my v6 had that package + supercharger... I'd prob even kill for it haha
somedopebeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:57 AM   #5
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I found the link to our V6 Shelby guy.

try this:
Newbie with a V6 Shelby

Ronnie
Old 09-02-2013, 12:11 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
try this:
Newbie with a V6 Shelby

Ronnie
Appreciate it
Old 09-02-2013, 12:17 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by somedopebeats View Post

To be honest I didnt even know it was a thang lol.
Prob give your 3.7 a high resell value. 10k is decent but those options all sound pretty tasty, start adding those and thats gettin up to gt500 price range. 10k plus supercharger an other options you may want is gonna bring you pretty close.
IMO you'd be better off sayin f a 5.0 and gettin a gt500 lol.

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

Although i wish my v6 had that package + supercharger... I'd prob even kill for it haha
Naw no where near close to GT500 price. Most everything I want is covered in that 10,500. Pretty sure with the supercharger it will be close to 16000. Which will put my total spent on car around 39,000. Which is about the price of a 5.0.
Old 09-02-2013, 01:23 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
No to mention the resale value actually goes up cause its now a Shelby GTS. Where as my boss patriot schemed paint job will hurt my car because its a "clone" with no authentication.
Old 09-02-2013, 01:42 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Naw no where near close to GT500 price. Most everything I want is covered in that 10,500. Pretty sure with the supercharger it will be close to 16000. Which will put my total spent on car around 39,000. Which is about the price of a 5.0.
+all extra fees, taxes, and interest. Quite a big chunk of $$.
But if you like it I say go for it! I'm a big supporter of the v6's, its always nice to see/know theres special ones in circulation.
somedopebeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:58 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Does anyone know if the stripes are painted on or vinyl? Man, if they were local I would consider it.
Shockesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:06 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:

Shelby charges 10k for the pro charger supercharger. Are you freaking kidding me. Its the same supercharger AM sells for 5200k. No way. That's insane. 10,500 for them to turn the car into a Shelby GTS. That's insane. Its nice looking but not half the price of the car nice. Sorry. Not worth 10,500 in my opinion but as long as someone is willing to pay the 10,500, they will charge that.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:12 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Shelby charges 10k for the pro charger supercharger. Are you freaking kidding me. Its the same supercharger AM sells for 5200k. No way. That's insane. 10,500 for them to turn the car into a Shelby GTS. That's insane. Its nice looking but not half the price of the car nice. Sorry. Not worth 10,500 in my opinion but as long as someone is willing to pay the 10,500, they will charge that.
But that pedigree though. That'll drive your resale value if you have one, up significantly.
Old 09-02-2013, 11:20 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Read the Fine Print: SHELBY RETAINS ALL TAKE-OFF PARTS.

You want to gamble on something that is new on the market. I wouldn't start counting your money on selling it.

This is almost like buying a Roush Stage-1. Nothing done to the engine. Too EXPENSIVE for just exterior parts.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:28 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post

But that pedigree though. That'll drive your resale value if you have one, up significantly.
If you get the package along with the supercharger your gonna spend 20k. Your resell value will be no where near that 20k you put into the car. You could buy the parts yourself and spends thousands less. 10,500 is crazy and there wasn't one power upgrade on the car for that price. Sorry, looks nice but not that nice for 10,500. I could put the same Ford handling package, front, rear brakes along with hood, exhaust system and stripping for hell of a lot less than 10,500.

---------- Post added at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post

Read the Fine Print: SHELBY RETAINS ALL TAKE-OFF PARTS.

You want to gamble on something that is new on the market. I wouldn't start counting your money on selling it.

This is almost like buying a Roush Stage-1. Nothing done to the engine. Too EXPENSIVE for just exterior parts.
Bro, way too expensive for just cosmetic parts and nothing done to enhance the engine. F that. That's nutty. At the end of the day you have a 305 HP V6 and that's it for 10,500. No thank you. If someone wants to get it because they love it , great go buy it. Please don't think you will buy it because you can sell the car for the 10 k you put into it years later.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:10 AM   #15
Admin

Supporter
Admin

For me, the fun is doing as much work as I can, myself. Anyone can plunk down som cash and have a nice car afterwards. However, the person that gets their hands dirty performing a modification on there own gets my nod of approval.

There are some things that I'm not equipped to do, such as paint, so I give that to my son (he's a painter at a auto body shop) to do.

If your not mechanically inclined, then by all means, plunk down the cash and have it done. But for me, it's not the same as doing as much of the work by yourself.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:15 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Too much $$$$ for me
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:52 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Since this is cosmetic and many people are saying do it yourself, does anyone know where to buy the hood and front bumper?
Old 09-03-2013, 08:13 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockesh View Post
Since this is cosmetic and many people are saying do it yourself, does anyone know where to buy the hood and front bumper?
Nope, they wont sell it to you and the stripes are vinyl.
Mods: Factory Engine Cover, Ford Strut Tower Brace, RTR 19in wheels, Nitto Nt55 tires, Wheel Locks, Ford All-Weather Mats, Gt LED Grille, Airaid CAI, Borla Atak AxleBacks, GT500 Style wing, Adaptive Shifting Pigtail, Koni Yellows, Steeda Adjustable Camber Plates, and Eibach Sportline springs

YouTube- http://www.youtube.com/user/the5minutewebshow
the5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:23 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
You may be able to do it yourself, but then it wont be a "real" Shelby GTS. That price is basically buying the Shelby name along with it.
Taylorations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:35 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorations View Post
You may be able to do it yourself, but then it wont be a "real" Shelby GTS. That price is basically buying the Shelby name along with it.
The real question for the OP is how much is the real name Shelby worth to him or her. Is having a real Shelby GTS worth the extra 10,500 on a car that end of day is a v6 mustang. You can dress a turd up in a tuxedo and fancy shinny shoes but at end of the day you have a shinny neat TURD. Your v6 is not a turd and great (I have V6) but all the comedic dressings doesn't make it anymore than a regular v6 with cosmetic dressings. Is the 10,500 worth to have a Shelby GTS? That's an individual question. No right and no wrong answer, just a personal opinion based upon ones wants , egos and deep bank accounts. I'll let you put my last name on your car for 500 bucks. What a deal compared to 10,500. Lmao.

When it comes time to sell the GTS , its not some rare collectors car. It will bring in a few dollars more because the cosmetic dressings but at end of day its a 2013 V6 mustang. If one wants it because they love it, go for it. Don't think its an investment and one will get there 10,500 dollars back. Not even close.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:22 AM   #21
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

If I had an extra ten grand I did not need

Yes-I would do it But I'm stuck with my award winning (Peoples choice award) 2012 V6 MCA premium.

Of course I could just put the snake things on my Mustang but it would not really be the same as a real Shelby.
Ronnie
Old 09-04-2013, 05:53 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
Yes-I would do it But I'm stuck with my award winning (Peoples choice award) 2012 V6 MCA premium.

Of course I could just put the snake things on my Mustang but it would not really be the same as a real Shelby.
Ronnie
lMAO......
Old 09-04-2013, 11:19 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

You would have to do what I do. I explain to people mines a boss 227 patriot. 227 being the engine and patriot being the Barrett Jackson 1 of 1 car (google it)

In a way I like it. In a way it's annoying at shows when I have people hating on it cause it's just a v6 but its perfectly ok for a GT to do it. Prepare for flak and praise
Old 09-05-2013, 06:05 AM   #24
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post
No to mention the resale value actually goes up cause its now a Shelby GTS. Where as my boss patriot schemed paint job will hurt my car because its a "clone" with no authentication.
I would not let that bother me. I too have cloned my Mustang with a couple of different styling cues of Mustang models: the Boss theme, with a GT500 rear spoiler and valance.

To bad if others don't like it; I do, and I make the payments.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:46 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
I would not let that bother me. I too have cloned my Mustang with a couple of different styling cues of Mustang models: the Boss theme, with a GT500 rear spoiler and valance.

To bad if others don't like it; I do, and I make the payments.
+1. Well said!
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:57 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post

+1. Well said!
Cloning is great. All about the clone. I spend my days at work getting blasted and balls busted by my coworkers for having a V6 and put boss stripping. I get asked all the time why didn't I get the 5.0. I say because the people that ask me wouldn't donate the extra 7500k for it. I ask if they will donate money to me for a 5.0. I haven't gotten any yet.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:02 PM   #27
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Cloning is great. All about the clone. I spend my days at work getting blasted and balls busted by my coworkers for having a V6 and put boss stripping. I get asked all the time why didn't I get the 5.0. I say because the people that ask me wouldn't donate the extra 7500k for it. I ask if they will donate money to me for a 5.0. I haven't gotten any yet.
Anyone (with money) can buy a Boss or Shelby. However, how many folks will remove a front bumper cover off, replace it, or remove a rear valance, or install a set of stripes themself, or....

These are the folks that impress me. Getting their hands "dirty" doing their own work, and customizing their vehicle to their liking.

Should I ever buy that Boss I'm wanting, or that clean GT, I might just remove it's front bumper cover with that of an early V6, and create the ultimate "sleeper".

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang