Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Finally found it - Now I am like a kid before his birthday!!

3K views 38 replies 20 participants last post by  FastFord19 
#1 ·
Some of you might recall that I have been looking for the 'perfect' Mustang in my opinion. I found it about a week ago and have purchased it. Now I am waiting for it to come to me by transport from the midwest. I am so eager for it to get here!!!!! Here are a couple of pics in the meantime.

It took me about 6 months to find what I wanted - a Premium in either candy red or white with a stone interior and a manual transmission. I found out by researching the 'take sheets' that about 7% of V6 convertibles are made with a manual transmission. I found this one and it has a pony package too. I am excited.

I am hopeful that it is here by Wednesday or Thursday.

See less See more
#6 ·
What the heck

You should have flown out and drove it back home. Stuff like that are what makes buying your Mustang a great adventure.

It is really nice looking and I'm sure your going to love it.

Ronnie

#7 ·
You should have flown out and drove it back home. Stuff like that are what makes buying your Mustang a great adventure.

It is really nice looking and I'm sure your going to love it.

Ronnie
I thought about and would have loved to have done it. But then I looked at the cost of plane tickets, the value of my time, a hotel room, gas, etc. and the fact that I would have put over 1,000 miles on the car and it just didn't make sense when compared to the +/-$500 it cost to get it here. I'd rather use the gas and time to go where I want to go!

#8 ·
Not me

I would have spent ( Wasted the $$$$) the $$$ and went and picked my Mustang up. The amount of excitement and just plain joy is priceless.

That is one great looking Mustang.

Ronnie

#9 ·
Trust me it wasn't a no-emotion dollars and cents issue. I would have LOVED to have done it, but this just happened to be the right method at this time. I am Dying to have my car!! As I said, it should be just 2 or 3 more days. I actually paid for Saturday delivery for my credit union check and immediately contacted the transport company to speed up the pickup. Originally I had the pickup scheduled for Wednesay - so I should be a couple of days ahead at this point.

I am not known for my patience and I am counting the seconds!!!

#15 ·
Nice!!! You do know......Red Candy is the fastest color.........:)

#18 ·
A few years back, my wife and I purchased a new Corvette, and chose the option of going up to the factory, watching it being built (rolling off the assembly line), then we drove it back to Florida. That was the best ride with that Corvette. Then we had a ton of little problems that caused it to be at the dealer more than in our hands. We lemon lawed it, and got our money back (except for the expenses to the factory for that pickup experience). So, that pickup and drive back was nice, but the car sucked lemons.

Wouldn't mind if Ford did this option; I'd try it again.

#19 ·
. That would be cool. Wonder what the cost of that would be... Even for a Vette..

Lots of people ask me how I went from my last ridicoulsly modded mustang gt to a base v6... Do u get the same coming out of a vette?

Congrats to the owner of the red vert 6 speed. Good luck with your new ride.

#22 ·
What an UGLY Color. Everyone knows that Mustangs should be PURPLEand YELLOW.

#23 ·
New Mtang - do you have tickets for the November 9 game? I need 2! I go to the Bama / LSU game every year with one of my best friends that is an LSU grad. We have a great time and somebody always leaves happy. Obviously the other one has a long ride home...

It's all good!

#29 ·
I checked with a couple of friends but no one had a couple of extra tickets. They will be hard to find, especially since Bama is trying to make it three championships in a row.

It's all Good!

#32 ·
When it is delivered please take this advice.

Do not fall asleep while driving.
I say this because i'm sure you will not get much sleep tonight waiting for your new baby to arrive,:lol:

********You know your gonna call in sick and go for a long drive*************

Ronnie:thumb:

#34 ·
Kind of first hand, But I didn't fall asleep at the wheel

When I bought my Mini JCW I had to leave it at the dealers to get serviced and the sport stripes installed. It was fresh off the boat from England. I'm telling you I could not sleep that night before going over to Orlando to pick it up. I took the very,very long way back to Daytona by way of Jacksonville. One great drive.

I got my Mustang off the lot and bought it on the spot and drove it home. I just could not sleep the night I got it so I went on line and ordered my Magnaflows. I had to go out in the garage every few minutes and look at it. I still do that.

Ronnie:thumb:

#36 ·
Some of you might recall that I have been looking for the 'perfect' Mustang in my opinion. I found it about a week ago and have purchased it. Now I am waiting for it to come to me by transport from the midwest. I am so eager for it to get here!!!!! Here are a couple of pics in the meantime.

It took me about 6 months to find what I wanted - a Premium in either candy red or white with a stone interior and a manual transmission. I found out by researching the 'take sheets' that about 7% of V6 convertibles are made with a manual transmission. I found this one and it has a pony package too. I am excited.

http://s73.photobucket.com/user/sbbamafan/media/New Mustang Convertible/Capture.jpg.html

http://s73.photobucket.com/user/sbbamafan/media/New Mustang Convertible/P8230011.jpg.html

I am hopeful that it is here by Wednesdayt or Thursday.
Where can I find the 'take sheets'? Very curious about a car I'm searching for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.