Advice needed on AM wheel options for my '13 V6 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-05-2013, 08:23 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Advice needed on AM wheel options for my '13 V6

I want to replace the stock 17" wheels on my 2013 Ingot Silver V6. I have narrowed my choices down to the Charcoal AMR or the Charcoal GT500 style.

Ideally, I what to achieve the same stance as the GT500. That 2010 Grabber Blue at the top of the page looks perfect. They run 19x9.5 with 255/40 up front and 285/35 on the rear. Can I achieve that by simply swopping the wheels or will I have to lower the car or make any other modifications?

Will these set up differently since the tire size is slightly different?
Staggered Charcoal AMR Wheel & NITTO Invo Tire Kit
Staggered Charcoal AMR Wheel & Sumitomo Tire Kit

I have spent hours on American Muscle's website looking at their photos/videos and the customer submitted photos. They never tell you if there cars are stock height or lowered so its hard for me to get an idea of what direction to take.

I'm sorry for all of the questions. I'm new to this.
SixBang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2013, 08:40 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
The larger rim and tire package will fill more of your wheel well, so it's not necessarily a lowered car that you are looking at.

It's pretty flat down there in southern Georgia so lowering your car after the fact wouldn't be much of an issue. Just go with the tire package, if later you want it lowered there is always that option. I just have a feeling you will not see a need/want to do it
Tyriqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:03 AM   #3
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
I doubt the larger dia rim will fill more of the well, the rim is larger but the sidewall is smaller. If the wheel gap is less than 2+ inches it's been lowered (and a nice look). One of the things to look at is tire size calculator (tire rack has great tools for this) which will calculate the tire OD after inputing tire and rim size.
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2013, 09:16 AM   #4
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Texas
Too bad they don't offer the 20" wheel because GT500s run 19s in front and 20s in back. To help fill the hole I would go with 45s in the front and 40s in the back. Talk to AM, they'll work with you.
2002 Black/Red GT (Ginger)
2011 Red Candy Metallic V6 (Manfred)
2016 Magnetic Metallic GT (Susie II)
bigmac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:50 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I really like the look of the GT up front in this video.

It has the 20" AMRs. I wonder if that is stock height or slightly lowered?
Old 09-05-2013, 10:12 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Alrefire has a 18/9/11 and its actually lowered the cr compared to my stocks. At least a good 1.5. But his wheel wells are the same if not bigger than mine.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:18 AM   #7
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBang View Post
I want to replace the stock 17" wheels on my 2013 Ingot Silver V6. I have narrowed my choices down to the Charcoal AMR or the Charcoal GT500 style.

Ideally, I what to achieve the same stance as the GT500. That 2010 Grabber Blue at the top of the page looks perfect. They run 19x9.5 with 255/40 up front and 285/35 on the rear. Can I achieve that by simply swopping the wheels or will I have to lower the car or make any other modifications?

I have spent hours on American Muscle's website looking at their photos/videos and the customer submitted photos. They never tell you if there cars are stock height or lowered so its hard for me to get an idea of what direction to take.

Quote:
I really like the look of the GT up front in this video.

It has the 20" AMRs. I wonder if that is stock height or slightly lowered?
I see you've narrowed your choices down, picking wheels is definitely tough! I think you've narrowed it down to two really good options though. You can't go wrong with the AMR's or the 2010 GT500 Wheels! With the two AMR options you linked to above, they're going be very similar to the human eye. The INVO option is going to look a little wider, since the tires are a little bit larger!

The Grabber blue 2011 GT that you see on our website is lowered on SR Performance lowering springs. These springs drop the car 1.5" all the way around! A stock Mustang is so high that we had the opportunity to lower the car 1.5" and still throw a set of 20's on there (we usually run around on 19's though).

I would recommend throwing on a set of 19" AMR's and see how you like the look. If you think it needs just a little bit more to be at the stance you're after, throw a set of lowering springs on there! This is just a recommendation, hit me up if you have any questions or need some assistance.

Here's another shot of our 2011 GT project car with 19" AMR's. I just snapped a photo on my Iphone for you!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:19 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
That's because your tires are taller wheel gap should be more for him maybe not a lot since he's on a bigger wheel but shorter tire. Yours are what 17s stock? I'm not sure. But you have a taller tire. But idk

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:26 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lowGT View Post
That's because your tires are taller wheel gap should be more for him maybe not a lot since he's on a bigger wheel but shorter tire. Yours are what 17s stock? I'm not sure. But you have a taller tire. But idk
Yeah that's mainly why. He has those skinny side wall continentals. I like the look but Idk how lowered the from would be as he is already just a few inches off the ground in the front.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:29 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Yeah it does look good. My exhaust hangs pretty low I'm also a few inches off the ground.

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:04 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Awesome!
Thanks for the responses guys.

Dan, I appreciate you taking the time to find the specs on those cars.

I was just thinking 20 due to tire availability/cost in the future. But hell, I don't plan on replacing them too often.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:35 PM   #12
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Awesome!
Thanks for the responses guys.

Dan, I appreciate you taking the time to find the specs on those cars.

I was just thinking 20 due to tire availability/cost in the future. But hell, I don't plan on replacing them too often.
You're welcome! I'm glad I was able to help you out.

To be honest, 20's are also a great option. The 19's are notorious for being more expensive because they're less common than a 20" tire. However, they're getting a lot cheaper as companies start to realize that 19" wheels are really popular on Mustangs and all other Sports/Muscle cars!

I think you'll see them continue to drop until they're about even with 20" down the road but in the meantime 20" wheel/tire packages are going to save you a little bit of money, depending on the type of tire you're after.

Good luck! I think the AMR style wheel is the best looking Mustang wheel on the market, IMO.

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:06 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:

Great Year and Color. What color interior and is it leather?

I thing these will look better. Since everyone is getting their rims black powered. Try these:

Staggered Chrome Bullitt Mustang Wheel & Mickey Thompson Tire Kit - 18x9/10 (05-14) KIT||28265||28268||79537||79538

Staggered Chrome 2010 GT Premium Mustang Wheel & Mickey Thompson - 18x9/10 (05-14) KIT||28211||28217||79537||79538

Just one problem with the 19s, tires are more expensive and not as many options. Good Luck with whichever one you choose.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:47 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

NewMtang,
I don't know the proper color name for the leather but its the lighter cream color. I liked the contrast with the black interior. I'm still very much undecided on the wheels. I keep going back and forth on size. But in the end, I really want to capture that GT500 stance. Hopefully I can achieve that without having to lower the car just slapping the right size wheels/tires on there.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:43 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Dropped with steeda ultralights. 20" forgestars.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1109270537.jpg
Views:	3129
Size:	676.8 KB
ID:	127645

Stock wheels
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3689903727.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	568.5 KB
ID:	127644  
JAC20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang